Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Thaak
Lambs-Wool
6 posters

Do Spiritual Practices have to be a 'routine'

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Do Spiritual Practices have to be a 'routine' Empty Do Spiritual Practices have to be a 'routine'

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:35 pm

hi friends Smile

reiki undoubtedly introduces us to a changed flavour of spirituality... it definitely enables us to experience our spirituality in a better and more profound way... our spirituality is a doorway of our divinity--the part of divine we borrow to make our life going. reiki enhances our perception of our spirituality... it helps us to have a clear mind and a clear thinking process...

we practice reiki in a variety of ways... we give treatments, we give attunements, we self-treat ourselves... we participate in reiki shares, partipate in reiki workshops and conferrences, we share views, minds, hearts, and we share our reiki too.... while these all activities greatly contribute towards our progress, development and increased awareness, the importance of practicing reiki as a spiritual practice is never over-emphasized..

by practicing reiki as a spiritual practice, i mean that we spare time to create an environment where we can share reiki with ourselves... it may be in form of meditation about reiki, about reiki symbols, it may be a practice of kotodoma, may be a ptractice of related things like breathing, qi-gong, kuji-in, martial arts, yoga, etc.

while reiki has a special flavour of its own, we are often not restricted to reiki while i define the term spiritual practices... we create a best-mix of reiki plus other practices depending our mindset, preferences and personal attachments... reiki can be combined with religious aspects too, if we dont have specific reservations or annoyance...

what i ask here is that what is the importance of discipline and routine in reiki and/or other spritual practices ? its often emphasized that if we have to bear fruits of a practice we have to repeate it over duration of months and years, and may have to be sorta 'regular' in it... like a routine...

while i dont doubt the importance of such wise advice, i want to specifically ask what could be the other possibilities ?
    do we have to do spriritual practices daily... and if we have gaps in between, do we have to feel like 'god, i lost today' ?

and combining it with another interesting question, how our physical activities like running, swimming, jogging, brisk walk, etc. augment our spiritual practices. ? as we are partly physical partly spiritual, do we have to allow our spiritual interests to cut the share of regular physical exercise ?

interested in diverse views Smile !

take care

salman
    Thaak
    Thaak

Do Spiritual Practices have to be a 'routine' Empty Re: Do Spiritual Practices have to be a 'routine'

Post by Thaak Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:49 am

I would argue that the more "spiritual" we become, the less routine is required.

If by the word "spiritual" you mean expanded or enlightened.

The reason I say this, is because the more expanded or enlightened we become, the more we live in each moment rather than with a distorted sense of time.

The routines, however, can help us to get to a place where we no longer need the routine. However, the routine is not necessary to reach that place.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Do Spiritual Practices have to be a 'routine' Empty Re: Do Spiritual Practices have to be a 'routine'

Post by Milarepa Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:17 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:

what i ask here is that what is the importance of discipline and routine in reiki and/or other spritual practices ?

Throughout countless spritual paths, there's repitition, as far as i can recal, everyone i've personally been involved in as used it, that's for a reason.

Usui sensei gave us a set of intructions, to say the 5 principles 'Just for today'. Not one day, but every day. And also morning & night, out loud & in our heart. This is the very foundation of the entire Reiki system. If we don't do it, it's not Usui Reiki, it's not Usui anything.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    its often emphasized that if we have to bear fruits of a practice we have to repeate it over duration of months and years, and may have to be sorta 'regular' in it... like a routine...

while i dont doubt the importance of such wise advice, i want to specifically ask what could be the other possibilities ?
    do we have to do spriritual practices daily... and if we have gaps in between, do we have to feel like 'god, i lost today' ?

Most definitely never should we admonish ourselves for not doing spiritual practices. they're meant to be joyful, not chores. The most optimal way for Reiki is to expereince it every day. It stands to reason that the more we experience this spiritual happening, the more benefit we recieve, the more transformation there is. If a person can't do that, no big deal. although, 5 mins of Reiki expereince is surely what everyone can do. It's whether we want to our not, Smile.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    and combining it with another interesting question, how our physical activities like running, swimming, jogging, brisk walk, etc. augment our spiritual practices. ? as we are partly physical partly spiritual, do we have to allow our spiritual interests to cut the share of regular physical exercise ?

Life' about balance. I got a freind who's a teacher in Tae Kwon do, and works in security, to balance his physical stuff, he plays the guitar (among other things). There's an interesting story about Shaolin monks. When Bodhidharma travelled to China he noticed the Shaolin monks were strong spritually, but very weak physically, so he taught them fighting technqiues, this made them more well rounded people.

every single physical activity can be done in a spiritual manner if we wish, Smile. giving time for everything is good.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:07 pm

Andy wrote:
    I would argue that the more "spiritual" we become, the less routine is required.

If by the word "spiritual" you mean expanded or enlightened.

The reason I say this, is because the more expanded or enlightened we become, the more we live in each moment rather than with a distorted sense of time.

The routines, however, can help us to get to a place where we no longer need the routine. However, the routine is not necessary to reach that place.

i share your thoughts Andy... it is very tricky sometimes... we envelop ourselves with routines taking them to be like a burden sometimes (not always), but as we keep getting accustomed to their flavour, we start living in routines, somewhat the same you referred as 'we live in each moment'

actually, the objective of my question was that don't we sorta get bored sometimes by doing a same thing, each day, on a same time... no doubt, each day is a new day, and each day brings us something new even in the 'same' thing... but what if we have a weekly 'menu' of our spiritual practices, like we we would be having in our kitchen mess, then what do you think it would be bad or good...

repitition, sure has the claim for effectiveness... no doubts.. but if we have to do things for long durations, we have to be smart enough to play 'little tricks' with ourselves, so that we keep on track, and so that we dont lose flavour !

thanks for feedback Smile

Wayne wrote:

Throughout countless spritual paths, there's repitition, as far as i can recal, everyone i've personally been involved in as used it, that's for a reason.

Usui sensei gave us a set of intructions, to say the 5 principles 'Just for today'. Not one day, but every day. And also morning & night, out loud & in our heart. This is the very foundation of the entire Reiki system. If we don't do it, it's not Usui Reiki, it's not Usui anything.

well, Wayne i understand here what you've said.... but, lets take your example bro Smile you do martial arts some days, do yoga some days, then do kuji-in, and of course reiki meditation too... on the apparent, it may feel that you are not deriving benefits of any of them, since you've been doing so many things at the same time...

(you can comfortably replace 'you' with 'me' here Smile )

but, i know it very well, that this diversity of 'tasting' and then 'absorbing' diverse practices, has but only enhanced your overall perception of spirituality, and alongside has made your interest rising every next day Smile

i'd borrow an apt concept from your post here

"by taking spiritual practices as routines, we should not make them 'chores', rather we'd enjoy passing through them moment to moment"

Wayne wrote:
    Lambs-Wool wrote:

Life' about balance. I got a freind who's a teacher in Tae Kwon do, and works in security, to balance his physical stuff, he plays the guitar (among other things). There's an interesting story about Shaolin monks. When Bodhidharma travelled to China he noticed the Shaolin monks were strong spritually, but very weak physically, so he taught them fighting technqiues, this made them more well rounded people.

every single physical activity can be done in a spiritual manner if we wish, . giving time for everything is good.

that's the point here... when i started practicing qi-gong on your instructions, what i immediately felt was a better vigour and vitality than before... especially reversed breathing increased my stamina, and i started a daily practice of running...

thenceforward, i felt a visible shift/enhancement of my spiritual feelings too... a better clear mind, longer spells of deep concentration.. better breathing potential... clear visualization, etc. etc.

here arises an important point of concern... the physical exercises are a good avenue to balance our spiritual progress... they seem to balance off our extra energies too, by channelizing them and by utilizing them... and on the same notion, we find sometimes other things to make up this balance... the use of crystals, gems, grounding, etc. are also meant to do the same task, they channelise and recycle what we have in excess, and which at present, might be harmful for us, and that could be the reason of harm due to prolonged imbalance...

Wayne do you agree that the art of striking up a nice 'balance' while one is in the course of spiritual progress, is a big thing, but often very much ignored, or given least importance. Smile

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    well, Wayne i understand here what you've said.... but, lets take your example bro Smile you do martial arts some days, do yoga some days, then do kuji-in, and of course reiki meditation too... on the apparent, it may feel that you are not deriving benefits of any of them, since you've been doing so many things at the same time...

(you can comfortably replace 'you' with 'me' here Smile )

but, i know it very well, that this diversity of 'tasting' and then 'absorbing' diverse practices, has but only enhanced your overall perception of spirituality, and alongside has made your interest rising every next day Smile

This is totally true, and i do need to do various things else i'd lose interest. when first starting any spritual practice it's best to keep it for the same time each day, so you develop the habit for it. after a while go with what you feel. i do practices at different times, whenever i feel like it. Some mornings i do Kuji-in & then hatsurei first thing, last two mornins it's been bout 10am.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    i'd borrow an apt concept from your post here

"by taking spiritual practices as routines, we should not make them 'chores', rather we'd enjoy passing through them moment to moment"

I see now why you're posting, Smile. It seems we got very few things from Usui sensei, in fact though we got everything. We got a conncetion to the 5 principles and the Reiki experience. We got the symbols. We also got the memorial. On the memeorial stone it says to recite them, and to notice the 'outstanding features'. And that it's true value is in daily practice. In Usui Reiki, if we can do anything, we should honour the founder by the instructions he's left. He's the expert, Smile.

In general, the deeper the well we try to dig the more water we might find. That's why if we have a choice, 20 mins Reiki is better than 5 mins, but 5 mins better than nothing. It's why in Iyengar Yoga we stay in postures for over 6 mins in teaching exam, and not 60 seconds. It's why folks will sit still for hours, and not minutes, once they get to that level. For me, i got a handful if practices, i do every day. Some on th elist may be every two days even. It's relaxed and i do it cause i enjoy it and i want to. I don't put myself under pressure to do it. With Reiki the experience is nice anyhow, so although Usui sensei wants us to do something every day, we should really want to anyhow. If we're not getting at least the relaxing experience with Reiki, that's another subject, Smile

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Wayne wrote:
    Lambs-Wool wrote:

every single physical activity can be done in a spiritual manner if we wish, . giving time for everything is good.

that's the point here... when i started practicing qi-gong on your instructions, what i immediately felt was a better vigour and vitality than before... especially reversed breathing increased my stamina, and i started a daily practice of running...

thenceforward, i felt a visible shift/enhancement of my spiritual feelings too... a better clear mind, longer spells of deep concentration.. better breathing potential... clear visualization, etc. etc.

Yeah, we've both experienced the exmaple of the Shaolin then!

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    here arises an important point of concern... the physical exercises are a good avenue to balance our spiritual progress... they seem to balance off our extra energies too, by channelizing them and by utilizing them... and on the same notion, we find sometimes other things to make up this balance... the use of crystals, gems, grounding, etc. are also meant to do the same task, they channelise and recycle what we have in excess, and which at present, might be harmful for us, and that could be the reason of harm due to prolonged imbalance...

Wayne do you agree that the art of striking up a nice 'balance' while one is in the course of spiritual progress, is a big thing, but often very much ignored, or given least importance. Smile

take care

salman

Yeah i think so. Particularly in Martial arts too. Martial arts are designed to bring about enlightenment and are a spiritual path, yet too much focus is on physical. Moderation in all our lives is essential.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:53 am

certain routines are very worth the while for healers, daily cleansing of our auric self, of our space, connecting with your sacred space, daily or bi daily sageing and mediation each day not because we have to but because we love to, and because we must live what we believe, and that which we teach ………..their is no time and if their were it would only be their for the grounding......
    with many blessingsxxx
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:42 pm

Wayne wrote:
    when first starting any spritual practice it's best to keep it for the same time each day, so you develop the habit for it. after a while go with what you feel.

that precisely covers what i had in mind to ask when i started this topic Smile thanks bro!

Wayne wrote:

And that it's true value is in daily practice. In Usui Reiki, if we can do anything, we should honour the founder by the instructions he's left. He's the expert, .

probably i will like to expound upon your words for bit more Smile

spiritual practices are 'crafted' in a masterful way by the people who have introduced them... their frequency, the technique of practice, timing, duration, and all nitti gritty have also been handed down to us in a 'package'.. some of them require to be done daily, only since they become effective only when done daily, and some are required to be done with intervals, since they do best when done this way...

for example, Muslims have bee instructed to say prayers five times a day, wihtout excuse... what this routine produces, inter alia, is that they discipline them in quite an un-paralleled way!

what i feel, that little sigificance remains there if we say prayers three times daily, or on alternative day, or once a week, since this would go against the 'package' built in them....

the same way, percepts are required twice daily, once in morning, once in evening... and this repitition is the often a 'guarantee' that they will be as effective as they are supposed to be..

if we follow our own patteren, we will sure get some benefits, but not those we suppose we wd be getting Smile !

Wayne wrote:
    With Reiki the experience is nice anyhow, so although Usui sensei wants us to do something every day, we should really want to anyhow. If we're not getting at least the relaxing experience with Reiki, that's another subject,

actually it is quite 'circular' in fashion.. we do daily, we get a taste of it, and when we get a taste of it, we are doing it daily already Smile

Dharma wrote:
    certain routines are very worth the while for healers, daily cleansing of our auric self, of our space, connecting with your sacred space, daily or bi daily sageing and mediation each day not because we have to but because we love to, and because we must live what we believe, and that which we teach ………..their is no time and if their were it would only be their for the grounding......

there's a great importance of 'creating' the climate where we do our spiritual practices... it is not psychological only, but has a spiritual signficance too...

certain vibrations are felt only when there is a smoky and foggy environment.. there are certain mantras which require a particular incense as a requirement...

clearing and cleansing the space, and connecting to helpful entities (may it be our own higher-self) is also important in daily routines... with the only precaution that we must save ourselves from progressively buildig impression that the effects owe to the climate and surrounding... they dont Smile !

and also thats very true Smile we must live what we believe and teach to others ! and this applies to many things besides reiki Smile

thanks for input Smile

take care

salman
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:32 am

I don't think routine is necessary at all...... and I agree with andy's post.....the more 'spiritual' we become, the more we bring that state of being into our every day lives.... whats that old saying before enlightenment chop wood fetch water, after enlightenment chop wood fetch water....or something to that effect ahaha

but some people NEED to do certain 'spiritual practices' in order to 'touch base'....I'd say to anyone just do what you can when you can.....life is about balance, work, rest and play....personally I try and combine my 'spiritual practice' with my leisure and pleasure time.....when I sit in the jacuzzi at the gym, I meditate..... when I swim on my back in the pool I lose myself and become one with the water, when I go for a walk in the countryside I feel expanded and become one with the nature all around me, one of my greatest leisure, pleasure spirit practices is dancing!!!..I literally shake my soul out on the dance floor!!...... there is nothing on this earth makes me feel more alive! well sex is a good one too!....and that also has its spiritual pleasures...the whole point of orgasm is to allow us to feel that uniting of energies to achieve a state of oneness and bliss!! Very Happy

some of the most incredible spiritual experiences I have had have felt like cosmic orgasms cheers
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:50 pm

that is a lovely post Sharon Smile

people who 'NEED' to do spiritual practices as a routine, have their own comforts in doing so... and personally i have also experienced that some practices give their fruits when we do them repetitively, and more importantly, on a dedicated time set as a schedule..

other side, there is no doubt that the spritual experience vests more in the present moment, than to program oneself in a fashion that such moment wil occur only during a set schedule when one would sit for meditation as per routine daily...

every action, every sentiment, and precisely, every moment is a spiritual moment, provided we access the spirituality within, that is always permeating all.... i enjoyed your narrative of feeling spiriutality within day to day chores, and the expression of oneness is a sure sign of spirituality... oneness is someohow linked with a call to mindfulness, and often these two support each other...

in indian ancient studies, it has often been suggested that sexual pleasure and enhanced spirituality use one single force... (maybe kundalini).... when it manifests on physical/sensual planes, it brings a blissful, orgasmic, physical pleasure, and when the same transends (hence the name shakti-rising Smile ?) to spiritual elevations, it brings awareness, and super consciousness....

so the experiences you shared are completely undserstandable !

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:27 pm

It's sometimes nice to change things, so they don't become boring, but it's useful (for anyone reading this topic) to highlight exactly why it's commonly suggested about routine.

Take meditating. A person is trying to form a good habit, and to have control over their mind. If they can't even control when they wish to sit (assuming they've a choice), they're making things more difficult for themselves.

If a person meditating does it at the same time & place each day, gradually it becomes easier to reach that meditative state, at that time & place. Much like going to sleep in a room, lieing in bed a certain way.

A person doesn't have to do spiritual practices at the same time each day, but for folks that are'nt interested in experiences, but want something deeper, there's certain ways, hints & tips that dig the deeper well.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    Take meditating. A person is trying to form a good habit, and to have control over their mind. If they can't even control when they wish to sit (assuming they've a choice), they're making things more difficult for themselves.

If a person meditating does it at the same time & place each day, gradually it becomes easier to reach that meditative state, at that time & place. Much like going to sleep in a room, lieing in bed a certain way.

these are very apt points Wayne.... i can see the logic in them...

another note : while we meditate or do spiritual practices, we are in a certain way, interacting with the invisible unvierse too...

doing ( or calling) that link with a 'routine' helps us to set the connection protocols more instantly...

plus, doing things with a schedule also help in discipline out ourselves.. a very good contributory factor in spiritual development Smile

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:

plus, doing things with a schedule also help in discipline out ourselves.. a very good contributory factor in spiritual development Smile

sure. And if we go back to my post no3 in Feb. The very crux of Reiki itself, the 5 principles, we've been told by our founder to say them out loud morning & night. This is a spiritual rountine.

In this routine, we're training ourselves in mindfullness, slowing down our monkey mind jumping days ahead, 'Just for today..'.

We're also training ourselves in an open secret in spirituality. focus on oursevles first, then let that benefit spread out to others, and all things.

Every single time we recite the principles, we're consciously & sub-consciously reminding ourselves of these things.

Also, the most optimal experience of Reiki is every day, at least once. If a person is able to do a full self-treatment every daym, they noticed a huge difference.

In all these things, rountine comes into play. There's gotta be a freindly warning bout something though. when a person thinks they no longer need rotiune, that they've progressed enough spiritually to do away with that, they should take another look maybe. When we decide that we are progressing spiritually, quite often we're not going anywhere. It's when we feel we aren't getting anywhere, that we're actually moving forward.

So maybe if a person thinks they don't need routine, try it for a while longer. Or a person thinks they don't need the symbols, they actually don't need them, but try them for a while longer. Or a person thinks they don't need regular Reiki, or reciting the principles, but try those things for a while longer also. There might be pleasant surprises.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:38 am

the thing is with routine, it can soon become or replace a habit!!!......when it comes to routine in 'spiitual practice'...... one can easily get so destracted and upset by not following a 'routine' ie : meditation at same time every day, that any advantage that may be gained by the actual 'spiritual practice' soon becomes outweighed, by the not doing it at the same time everyday thing...quite frankly I think its a load of old bollocks!!...sorry but thats what I feel... straight away we have separated 'spiritual practice' from our everyday life, by having to give it a specicific time and specific attention.....the harmonious ideal would be to see no seperation between spiritual practice and just living your life as you see fit!!...

as a wonderful person once said to me, your life is your prayer!! cheers rendeer
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:41 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:that is a lovely post Sharon Smile

people who 'NEED' to do spiritual practices as a routine, have their own comforts in doing so... and personally i have also experienced that some practices give their fruits when we do them repetitively, and more importantly, on a dedicated time set as a schedule..

other side, there is no doubt that the spritual experience vests more in the present moment, than to program oneself in a fashion that such moment wil occur only during a set schedule when one would sit for meditation as per routine daily...

every action, every sentiment, and precisely, every moment is a spiritual moment, provided we access the spirituality within, that is always permeating all.... i enjoyed your narrative of feeling spiriutality within day to day chores, and the expression of oneness is a sure sign of spirituality... oneness is someohow linked with a call to mindfulness, and often these two support each other...

in indian ancient studies, it has often been suggested that sexual pleasure and enhanced spirituality use one single force... (maybe kundalini).... when it manifests on physical/sensual planes, it brings a blissful, orgasmic, physical pleasure, and when the same transends (hence the name shakti-rising Smile ?) to spiritual elevations, it brings awareness, and super consciousness....

so the experiences you shared are completely undserstandable !

take care

salman

Shakti ~ Rising!! you got it baby!! ahahah
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:28 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:the thing is with routine, it can soon become or replace a habit!!!......when it comes to routine in 'spiitual practice'...... one can easily get so destracted and upset by not following a 'routine' ie : meditation at same time every day, that any advantage that may be gained by the actual 'spiritual practice' soon becomes outweighed, by the not doing it at the same time everyday thing...quite frankly I think its a load of old bollocks!!...sorry but thats what I feel... straight away we have separated 'spiritual practice' from our everyday life, by having to give it a specicific time and specific attention.....the harmonious ideal would be to see no seperation between spiritual practice and just living your life as you see fit!!...

as a wonderful person once said to me, your life is your prayer!! cheers rendeer

good post Sharon Smile and even without agreeing it completely, i have to say i enjoy it Smile you have all the appeal to make me 'nod' Smile

cheers

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:44 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:the thing is with routine, it can soon become or replace a habit!!!......

There's nothing wrong with having a habit. I've a habit of wiping my backside at times, i find value in that. I'd a cocaine addiction, that gave way to a habit of Reiki. In fact, forming the habit of Reiki was crucial in replacing a destructive habit. not all habits are bad.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    when it comes to routine in 'spiitual practice'...... one can easily get so destracted and upset by not following a 'routine' ie : meditation at same time every day, that any advantage that may be gained by the actual 'spiritual practice' soon becomes outweighed, by the not doing it at the same time everyday thing...quite frankly I think its a load of old bollocks!!...sorry but thats what I feel...

sure this is possible. that's more to do with our ego. We don't 'have' to do any practices. We do it for the joy of doing. any decent spiritual teacher will guide students that not ever should we admonish ourselves for our 'perceived' short-comings. That everything about practice shoudl be good. but we're training ourselves, training our mind. If there's actually no reason why we can't choose to sit still for 20 mins per day, then this itself is our spiritual practice. without the guidance of a teacher, all this is lost on individuals.

If we can sit for 25 mins ot watch our fav soap opera every day, i'm sure we cna sit for 20 mins same time every day to meditate. Course, our ego will give reasons not to, but it's just more excuses for us not to progress. Our own self will come up with many tricks to stay as we are, or worse, to give us ht eimpression we're progressing, when we're not monving at all.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    straight away we have separated 'spiritual practice' from our everyday life, by having to give it a specicific time and specific attention.....the harmonious ideal would be to see no seperation between spiritual practice and just living your life as you see fit!!...

This is true. but i guarantee that neither you nor i are really living this way. I know it from remembering all our posts we've ever made on the internet.

so what do we do? what does anyone do? you're surely gona have experienced this, when we set aside set times for spiritual practices, as is taught in most paths for 1000's of years, quite quickly the spirituality we feel during these practices natrually spills over into our everyday life. We don't need to self-treat 24 hours per day, every day. Self-treating for only 1 hour per day, on-going, will bring huge results. So how does this happen? Cause it naturally spills over. There never is no seperation. Only in our mind.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:44 am

Ah, Wayne Smile thats a beautiful post... astute and practical!

loved reading it!

take care

salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:34 pm

People are different what works
    for one may not work for another.
    Meditating same time everyday
    happens when that's the place your
    at in life.Do Spiritual Practices have to be a 'routine' 850837

If we weave spiritual time into our
    daily routine then it becomes part
    of our routine because that's what
    we want. Eventually its becomes part
    of who we are and we become one with
    the universe. sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:29 am