Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+10
JohnC
KelleyB
cohav
thehungrycaterpillar
chi_solas
papakeri
Rlei_ki
Curly
Dragonfly
Milarepa
14 posters

Protection & Reiki

Poll

Is protection needed within Reiki?

[ 3 ]
    Protection & Reiki - Page 2 Bar_left13%Protection & Reiki - Page 2 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Protection & Reiki - Page 2 Bar_left38%Protection & Reiki - Page 2 Bar_right [38%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Protection & Reiki - Page 2 Bar_left42%Protection & Reiki - Page 2 Bar_right [42%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Protection & Reiki - Page 2 Bar_left7%Protection & Reiki - Page 2 Bar_right [7%] 

Total Votes: 24
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Protection & Reiki - Page 2 Empty Re: Protection & Reiki

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:19 am

Reikijim wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:reading Takatas quote you put up there would imply that there is absolutely no need for protection...

Hi,

More accurately, there is no protection needed outside of Reiki itself...My little mind says this makes sense...Is it possible that when we realize a threat from another, be it real, or imagined, that it is the self protecting nature of the ego kicking in?...And could this occurrence cause us to be less connected, therefore, less protected, leaving us in an exposed state?

Smile RJ

I understand what you are saying....but I don't think our fight or flight response always come from the ego.... sometimes being completely connected and open spiritually helps us recognise certain dangers.... being filled with reiki and radiating reiki isn't going to protect me on a dark street from a knife weilding maniac with mental health issues..... no matter how much love and compassion we radiate some people are so disconnected that it doesn't touch the surface .....

I know I'm taking the protection thing off on another tangent..... years ago when I was a teenager....I was quite 'sensitive' in that walking down a long road I would 'feel' the person coming round the corner before I would even see them...One evening I was walking home late from a friends house, when I felt a rather uncomfortable presence behind me, when I turned to look there was a young man walking up the road, I started to walk faster, he caught up with me and asked if he could walk me home...... ( shit meself naturally)....I said no and gave off no other welcoming signals he sat on the wall and I walked faster than I'd ever walked til he was outta sight, then I ran all the way home..... heart exploding in my chest. Now it wasn't my lack of connection that alerted me to a very real danger it was my openess that sensed it.....

but getting back to working with Reiki, there is no need for protection in my experience........ cyclops
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:26 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:reading Takatas quote you put up there would imply that there is absolutely no need for protection...

There's no need for protection, or the even think about it. As Reiki is all around us in a constant. It's our divine spark in action.

There is a book called Reiki is Love by Gaetano Vivo, I've not read it yet, but I should.... heart smiley
    Dennis
    Dennis

Post by Dennis Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Well, I voted no. I feel like Reiki is complete in and of itself. I do not think Reiki requires anything different than our everyday lives might require. I do believe it is important to protect ourselves every day. We put on our seatbelts in the car, look both ways before crossing the street. When we feel something dangerous is among us, we become more alert and aware. If these same "energy vampires" were standing next to us in line at the supermarket, wouldn't we want the same protection?

As Takata-sensei said:

"Your Reiki power is like a aura, it’s a glow, and you are radiating out, and that energy is stronger than what it can penetrate into you ... no darkness can penetrate you"
    I truly believe this....thanks James

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:40 am