Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Thaak
Milarepa
Reikijim
7 posters

Small things are big things sometimes.

Reikijim
    Reikijim

Small things are big things sometimes. Empty Small things are big things sometimes.

Post by Reikijim Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:57 pm

Thanks for making this section Wayne....

Our family farm is inhabited by a couple of colorful horses...colorful in regard to their personalities. Two years ago I was living Reiki only. No other distractions in my life...I was connected...it is bliss...
    Everyday I drove to the farm and would walk it, in solitude, no distractions, a walking meditation of sorts.
    This day, was extremely windy...probably around 60 to 80 kph. The horse were up wind of me. They could not see, hear or smell my presence. In the pasture, there is a particular Red Cedar tree, that is very big, and very old, and has a rather beautiful energetic signature to it.I kneeled down in the traditional Japanese position...I can say it , but not spell it...seiza maybe, realized DKM, with hands together over my heart.
    I wanted to see if i could get the horses attention in a manner that I had never tried before...through intention and compassion.
    Energy flowed...and I called to them with my intent...It took little time before they noticed, and calmly walked towards me... I put my elbows on my knees, palms up, and loved them in my heart. Their noses found my palms, where they nuzzled for I would guess, around 10 minutes, at which time, first one, then the other, calmly walked away to do horse things.
    It was amazing....energy flowing through me to them, their eyes would soften and sometimes close...I felt the creator of all things with us in a small way..It was amazing to look up and see these two huge thoroughbreds towering over me, docile and half asleep.

Such is Reiki, in it`s ability to calm the most skittish of animals on an extremely windy day...A thing I will never forget. A small thing to some...

Smile RJ

Last edited by Reikijim on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling as per usual....spelling is the first thing that goes with age ya know....)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Small things are big things sometimes. Empty Re: Small things are big things sometimes.

Post by Milarepa Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:40 pm

hehe, i've been that busy picking my nose all day i never got to post here myself yet! lol! .

hey, you sound as if you're just after a Komyo treatment, beofre you wrote that post! Really great stuff, many thanks for sharing Jim. I could almost taste the peace from your story you know.

take care
    Wayne
    Thaak
    Thaak

Small things are big things sometimes. Empty Re: Small things are big things sometimes.

Post by Thaak Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:18 pm

wow!
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Beautiful! Smile

How wonderful to be able to connect fully in what sounds like an idyllic setting!
    Smile

This approach to "calling" animals with intent is very similar to the way Kathleen Prasad (in Animal Reiki) suggests approaching animals to whom you wish to offer Reiki - i.e. be there with the intent of offering and wait for them to come to you. But your description/experience sounds much more spiritual. Smile

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Lois
    Lois

Post by Lois Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:05 pm

Oh wow ReikiJim, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful experience, as I was reading I could visualise it, and found myself in that place too, it was like having a meditation. Truly Beautiful
    Love Light & Hugs
    Lois xx
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:20 am

Your vivid description was so full
    of gentle energy being received.
    Nothing being forced.

I had a different experience with my
    samoyed dog, his name was Paxton. He
    got sick, we took him to the hospital
    they ran tests and xrays and found
    nothing wrong chalked it up to old age.

We planned to take him to the vet the
    following day his appointment was 10:00AM.
    but during the night he began to howl. I
    went to his side and held him and he stopped
    howling until I left. So I ended up staying
    with him throughout the night and Reiki helped
    us both. I was very happy that the Reiki was
    working. As it got time to go to our appointment
    I went upstairs to freshen up, when I came down
    stairs he was so peaceful sprawled out like a
    white bear rug. I thought he's too peaceful to
    wake up. Then I realized he had passed on. What
    a powerful Reiki lesson I learned that night.My
    intent was to heal him. Reiki was a comfort in
    his last hours helping him make a transition. I
    believe Paxton knew something that I was yet to
    learn 3 years ago July 31st.
    sunny
    Lois
    Lois

Post by Lois Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:30 am

another beautiful post, I suppose in aiding his transition through death, you were helping him to heal, my personal belief that once we cross over we are no longer bound by age and illness

Love Light Hugs xx
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:14 am

I had a similar animal story I posted somewhere on RLL, but with mice.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:41 am

Thaak wrote:I had a similar animal story I posted somewhere on RLL, but with mice.

Andy can you re-post it here.
    Small things are big things sometimes. 850837
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:35 am

yeah, andy stick a topic up bout it bro!

Bridget, what bout you? You're journey is incredible, please put a topic bout it also?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:00 am

Milarepa wrote:yeah, andy stick a topic up bout it bro!

Bridget, what bout you? You're journey is incredible, please put a topic bout it also?

My friend is debuting her 10 minute documentary about
    my healing journey this Friday at Massachusetts College
    of Art. It will be interesting to get our first public
    feedback cheers
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:38 am

is it written, or a video? You know, if depending on how you may host a video, if you gonna put it online, we could get it on here also?
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:39 am

Thaak wrote:I had a similar animal story I posted somewhere on RLL, but with mice.

I remember reading the post you speak of....It was really fascinating. The way he returned again and again...Very cool.

Smile RJ
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Small things are big things sometimes. 6907

touched but not sad ,
    to read about everybody's experiences!! Simply beautiful!!

Small things are big things sometimes. 63216

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:42 pm