Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+5
renukakkar
Colin
chuglet
Milarepa
o0wabi-sabi0o
9 posters

Looking for the name of a specific technique

o0wabi-sabi0o
    o0wabi-sabi0o

Looking for the name of a specific technique Empty Looking for the name of a specific technique

Post by o0wabi-sabi0o Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:54 am

There was a technique I remember seeing in The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr Mikao Usui By Frank Arjava Petter a long time ago. I don't have the book with me anymore and don't believe a specific name was given to the technique within the book itself (might have overlooked it though).

There is a picture of Mr. Petter with the non-dominant hand palm up, all fingertips coming together. The other hand brings together the tips of the thumb, middle, and ring fingers only. I believe the former is to draw in energy and the later to apply it. It was described in the book, I believe, as directing it with laser-like focus.

Does anyone know the name of this specific technique?

Thanks in advance. Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Looking for the name of a specific technique Empty Re: Looking for the name of a specific technique

Post by Milarepa Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:41 am

arggh, for pete's sake! I used the technique a few years ago breifly. I can't recall the name either. It's said to pinpoint Reiki more precisely as you said.

check page 103 'japanese art of Reiki' by the steines's. pic in there.

I'll check the manual if i sitl have it of th ecourse i done where i learnt it. I beleive the tutor was infleunced by hiroshi doi, steines, etc.

take care
    Wayne
    chuglet
    chuglet

Looking for the name of a specific technique Empty Re: Looking for the name of a specific technique

Post by chuglet Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi Wabi sabi..it is mentioned on p25-26 of that book..though not given an actual name there ..It says: "one Japanese reiki school teaches that Dr.Usui received the reiki energy with his left hand and passed it on with his right hand.He is said to have brought the fingertips of his left hand together with his the thumb, as if he were holding a raw egg. The fingertips of the middle finger and ring finger of the right hand are said to have touched the tip of the right thumb. The little finger and the index finger were said to have stood away from the middle and the ring finger at a ninety-degree angle. My old friend and Reiki teacher Agehanand Popad told me that he was treated in exactly this same way by an Indian faith healer. In our experience, the Reiki energy given off in such a manner becomes a laser beam that has a very intensive effect on a small area of the body, such as a tooth or an acupuncture point.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi Wabi

Here is the version of this technique, which I was taught at a Petter-influenced Japanese Reiki Techniques course (it was just called Usui's Mudra Technique), with extra notes from my own research. The mudra itself has many similarities to Tar Jani mudra, which is used for protection against negative or unwanted influences/energies.

Usui is said to have used this mudra in the client's energy field to bring in more energy to areas that he felt needed it. This was done after scanning the whole body of the client so it would be used in any imbalanced areas discovered during the scan.

When using the mudra in this way, the left hand is used to "collect" the energy by holding the palm towards you and bending the fingertips to meet the thumb, pointing upwards.

4.1) Breathe in through nose and feel the energy flow down the centre of your body and then to the fingertips of your left hand.
    4.2) Picture a ball of light on the fingertips of the left hand.
    4.3) As you continue to inhale, the ball of energy gets brighter.
    4.4) Transfer the energy from the ball to the client's energy field on the outbreath, through the mudra held in the right hand.
    4.5) Picture the ball in the left hand growing dimmer as the energy is transferred.
    4.6) Continue this procedure over a particular area until you feel ready to move on.

The above mudra is described by Frank Petter in the Usui handbook but more recent information from Hiroshi Doi says that the old form used by the Gakkai had the middle two fingers bent at right angles to the palm to give the Reiki and the thumb, index and little fingers to radiate away negative energy. Some now also add the index finger to give Reiki, with just the thumb and little finger as radiators. Use of the mudra is good for small areas such as a tooth or acupuncture point. Its effect is to concentrate the energy in a small area and is sometimes called the laser finger technique.

Here is a photo of Kwan Yin/Kannon holding the Tar Jani Mudra:
    Looking for the name of a specific technique Kwan yin tar jani

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    o0wabi-sabi0o
    o0wabi-sabi0o

Post by o0wabi-sabi0o Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:35 am

Thank you everyone. Smile

Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on the book again... unfortunately I had to leave most of belongings behind.

I'm glad to know I wasn't just being forgetful though. lol!

My old friend and Reiki teacher Agehanand Popad told me that he was treated in exactly this same way by an Indian faith healer.

It's interesting because it reminded me more of pranic healing than of Reiki.

Here is a photo of Kwan Yin/Kannon holding the Tar Jani Mudra:

And thank you for mentioning all of this, Colin; Now I'm even more interested.. study
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:55 am

I got the manual, in which it was taught. The author does say it came from arjava. The author calls it the 'lazer beam technique'.

It's claimed to be from a Japanese Reiki stream sperate from the Gakkai. i'm pointing something out here, Arjava is a jikiden guy now, could this be what he means. Colin, are you permitted to say? It's be a shoden/okuden technique.

Also, Arjava is meant to have said a holy man in India has been seen using it for toothache. Perhaps this is Osho he speaks of? Arjava was with Osho.

I can give you the manual if you wish Wabi, but must ask it not to be freely gave. I'm teacher level in this style, and have permission to share the authors material, by him. It's his livelehood though, and i prefer the manual not to be made public record, by my actions, Smile.

take care
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:15 am

Milarepa wrote:

It's claimed to be from a Japanese Reiki stream sperate from the Gakkai. i'm pointing something out here, Arjava is a jikiden guy now, could this be what he means. Colin, are you permitted to say? It's be a shoden/okuden technique.

Suspect All I can say is I didn't learn this technique in Jikiden Shoden or Okuden Suspect

lol!

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:19 am

Laughing . thnakyou.
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:12 pm

namaste,

i have been using this technique for a long time. the left hand is held in a pyramid form. the finger tips of the thumb,the middle finger and the ringed finger are held together. the first finger and the little finger are held straight. you can focus the energy receiving at a point. and while giving it the same method can be applied but with the right hand.

the left arm, with the hand in such a position can be pointed towards the sky or the air or the ground depending upon energy required from these elements which your intuition tells you.

i call it a pyramid position of the hands to focus receiving of energy and focusing giving of energy to a particular point. did not know it had a name. thanks for the information.
    renu
    fshortt
    fshortt
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by fshortt Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:31 pm

I was taught as laser coning technique also, hihiii

f
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:15 am

fshortt wrote:I was taught as laser coning technique also, hihiii

f

What is that confused
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:11 am

it´s just a different use of the hand while healing - instead of the palm, you put your fingers together and create a narrow beam, hence the attached nickname "laser coning"
    Looking for the name of a specific technique Laser_11

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:44 am

It looks like chakra finger positions flower
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:17 am

it is known by many names hiihi What a Face
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:22 am

lovely and insightful !

I didn't know reiki guys need to focus energy through a specific hand gesture.... It speaks to me more like a qi-gong instead of a reiki technique.... In quantum touch, we use a variant of this technique to help energy boost by concentrating on specific focal point....

An interesting thing which i instantly gathered though! The left hand is to collect energy n this technique..... During treatments, i undoubtfully felt that my left hand 'emits' stronger energy than right hand, but i didn't find a logic for that to myself....

I am in the process of learning it deep, but my intuition suggests to me that, within reiki, our hands do not 'emit' any energy rather they seem to be a focussing device to direct a command within the receipient's body... Lets say, for example, i m treating a person for toothache, when i reiki his jaws, i m actually commanding that area to emit reiki... My hands didn't transfer any energy, but only a command, some signals! And that too metaphysically... Touching patients' body is not for the benefit of the patient, but for the practitioner, since he can sense when to move hands to next position....

Maybe, by nature, human mind accepts the possibility of a physical link more comfortably than invisible link.... Lets put this to a test.... When you treat some friend next time, make a little experiment.... Dont place hands direct on the area in problem, place it elsewhere... And then command the problem area (in mind) to generate reiki, and in time, the person says, yo! My pain is gone Smile

Floated these thoughts just to revive the 'out of box' climate of this forum lol!

Take care

Salman
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:37 am

Hi Salman,
    I will try to comment back to you, just to flip the coin a little. Laughing

Lambs-Wool wrote:I didn't know reiki guys need to focus energy through a specific hand gesture.... It speaks to me more like a qi-gong instead of a reiki technique.... In quantum touch, we use a variant of this technique to help energy boost by concentrating on specific focal point....
    not only can we find hand gestures, but specific hand positions also, and specific symbols to use. There is also the tapping, brushing and stroking techniques. Oh, and i do believe there is also a recipe-book of sorts that give specific positions and techniques for treating specific illnesses. Smile
    As far as i know it is the same usage in reiki, concentrating on specific focal point. But i must agree, hiihi, this one is probably an add-on Smile

Lambs-Wool wrote: An interesting thing which i instantly gathered though! The left hand is to collect energy n this technique..... During treatments, i undoubtfully felt that my left hand 'emits' stronger energy than right hand, but i didn't find a logic for that to myself....

I have been told similar, but my teacher didn't believe it was that simple, and therefore it was mentioned but not implemented.
    However, one thing i have been aware of in my martial arts as well as my reiki is that the left-side learns faster, meaning it doesn't need to unlearn before picking up the new skill. I will try to illustrate my point better,
    Using a simple punch as an example.
    In martial arts, a punch is a bit more than a punch, it has to be performed very precisely to have the desired effect. Now you will find if you are right-handed, that your left hand will be able to perform much better at that task as it has not been pre-conditioned with function.
    So in a way the right hand has to de-program its old functioning and replace it with the new one.
    Now i didn't mean to get so technical, but just wanted to be sure you understand where i am coming from, when i say it is possible that there might be a similar effect in the reiki practice. ?? i don't know Smile

Lambs-Wool wrote: I am in the process of learning it deep, but my intuition suggests to me that, within reiki, our hands do not 'emit' any energy rather they seem to be a focussing device to direct a command within the receipient's body... Lets say, for example, i m treating a person for toothache, when i reiki his jaws, i m actually commanding that area to emit reiki... My hands didn't transfer any energy, but only a command, some signals! And that too metaphysically... Touching patients' body is not for the benefit of the patient, but for the practitioner, since he can sense when to move hands to next position....

I am sure that reiki functions on this level also, but if we are to take in to account the Hikkei then we should not forget the reasoning of the founder, Usui-sensei (PS! not bringing up the validity of the document Smile just that if we take it into account then...)

James Deacon's Translation of the Hikkei Q&A wrote:
    Is it a spiritual healing method [shinrei ryoho]?
    Yes, you could call it that. But it is also a physical healing method as ki and light radiate
    from the body of the practitioner - particularly from their hands, eyes and mouth. So if
    they focus the eyes, breathe on, or stroke the affected area, pain such as toothache,
    headache, neuralgia, colic, stomach-ache, cuts, bruises, burns, etc. will be gone.

Lambs-Wool wrote:Maybe, by nature, human mind accepts the possibility of a physical link more comfortably than invisible link.... Lets put this to a test.... When you treat some friend next time, make a little experiment.... Dont place hands direct on the area in problem, place it elsewhere... And then command the problem area (in mind) to generate reiki, and in time, the person says, yo! My pain is gone Smile

you do something similar when you do distant treatment, no, using as you say invisible-link. I think the mind will direct the Reiki and/or Ki and things will happen as you envision.

off to bed.
    take care

f

Last edited by Buck on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : 2010-07-22 Buck: attempted to correct quote format code.)
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:59 pm

hi Frank Smile

Thank you for putting the discussion into further perspective....

You know i am under constant confusion for certain time buddy.. It is no doubt that a practitioner radiates energy through hands, eyes and breath, rather from whole body, during a treatment... But do we have to necessarily believe that this very energy is the thing which heals a patient.. I mean if i take it as a mirror response inside practitioner of what actually has been 'in process' within patient, then am i grossly inaccurate in saying this ?

We have heard quite a voice over times and again, that reiki does not travel from point A to B in a linear fashion. If it is so, then how do we believe that reiki 'travels' from hands of practitioner to the diseased areas of patient's body?

If that is correct, where the techniques like stroking, laser beamin, coning, etc fit in ?

A fundamental question : is reiki a specie of qi-gong, or it has its own independent genus ??
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:hi Frank Smile

You know i am under constant confusion for certain time buddy.. It is no doubt that a practitioner radiates energy through hands, eyes and breath, rather from whole body, during a treatment... But do we have to necessarily believe that this very energy is the thing which heals a patient.. I mean if i take it as a mirror response inside practitioner of what actually has been 'in process' within patient, then am i grossly inaccurate in saying this ?

We have heard quite a voice over times and again, that reiki does not travel from point A to B in a linear fashion. If it is so, then how do we believe that reiki 'travels' from hands of practitioner to the diseased areas of patient's body?

If that is correct, where the techniques like stroking, laser beamin, coning, etc fit in ?

A fundamental question : is reiki a specie of qi-gong, or it has its own independent genus ??

Hi Salman

Maybe there is an answer to your question in my signature?

"Ki flows, Reiki glows!"
    Smile

Whilst meditating this morning, questions/thoughts came into my mind which bring up similar phenomena relating to energy and emanation.

Why is a candle flame the shape it is?
    What allows it to keep that general shape?
    Although the flame appears to move, is anything actually moving or is it like a computer animation of a candle flame, with some pixels/molecules glowing as their rate of vibration increases and then ceasing to glow as their vibratory rate decreases?

Is Reiki more like the flame emanating light, as a result of the input of focussed Ki and/or a "direct command", which can shine its light in and around the area where the effect occurs more brightly than more distant areas?

Is our focused Ki the wick that allows the Reiki flame to emanate light?

Can we change the size of the Reiki flame, and the area it illuminates by intention/visualisation/imagination? For example, focusing on a specific area of byosen during healing, specific areas during Reiju, and the whole body during joshin kokyo ho?

Lots of questions there! I don't normally get questions coming into my mind during meditation so I thought they may be significant to ask and here seems to be as good a place as any. Smile
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:33 pm

Colin wrote:

Hi Salman

"Ki flows, Reiki glows!"
    Smile

and that very morning when you put that signautre on your profile, i was amazed that you had made a leap of centuries, remember Smile ??

when ki flows, reiki definitely glows, and also that when it glows, it makes ki flow too! cheers a win-a-win ? Smile

Colin wrote:
    Whilst meditating this morning, questions/thoughts came into my mind which bring up similar phenomena relating to energy and emanation.

Although the flame appears to move, is anything actually moving or is it like a computer animation of a candle flame, with some pixels/molecules glowing as their rate of vibration increases and then ceasing to glow as their vibratory rate decreases?

and

Lots of questions there! I don't normally get questions coming into my mind during meditation so I thought they may be significant to ask and here seems to be as good a place as any. Smile

thats a lovely dialouge Colin Smile i feel myself sitting in that meditation the way you described it.

meditation is a travel as we proceed, the coming of questions during meditation is someway different from questions that pop up in mind during day to day situations... it is interesting to share that during meditation questions dont pop up unless our inner knows their answers too well. it is a trick mind plays.. it raises questions when we know the answers already.. there is a chinese walls between the questions and the answers, and the moment this wall lifts, we enter satori or the 'eureka' moment... i love the questions you posed about flame (talking here about the flame only and not as analogy about reiki)... raising these questions, you can expect yourself to be landing into answers very soon... its not that i know those answers... i dont know certainly... but i know that answers are not far from you Colin Smile

what gives flame its shape ?

the physical answer is simple... there is combustion at the tip of thread inside the flame, oxygen burns out, carbon of the candle wax gets blocked into molecules of oxygen, and becomes a gas... as combustion occurs and gas is produced it, being light, it travels upwards, and oxygen surrounding the flame gushes in to fuel in more combustion, giving a bell bottom to the flame, while the outgoing used-up gas, being light, accelerates upwards giving the flame a pointed appearance like a cone...

but that is a relative description, a physical description... the reality is different... a candle flame is visible to us since there is less light around... darkness gives identity to candle flame... but that is again not a final answer...

our eyes see candle flame since they can see the darkness around too... if our eyes are highly pointed on the candle flame and discard any darkness around, we will see candle flame only, but not in a shape, rather a glow of light all around... this happened so many times with me, candle flame will vanish, and will transform into a glow that has no boundaries... only heat, glow and light all around! look how we are played with tricks ! Smile

if flame really moves ?

i feel yes, it moves and our eyes can detect it, although that momement is sometimes only few nanometers or maximum some milimeters...

Colin wrote:
    Is Reiki more like the flame emanating light, as a result of the input of focussed Ki and/or a "direct command", which can shine its light in and around the area where the effect occurs more brightly than more distant areas?

these are the questions that are pending consensus age-old ! Smile

if the feul of reiki is said to be 'ki' (once the ability is conferred) this invalidates certain assumptions, the first of those being we dont use our ki or our 'resources' in producing reiki... i m fully agreed that spiritual practices, ki exercises, breathings, etc. do invigorate reiki flow, but is that similar to saying that it is more ki that prodcues more reiki ?

if we take it as 'standard' protocol, then we fail to give reasons that once a person is initiated, why he starts emanating reiki in the very next hour, when apparently, there had been no change in his ki reservers.

i have my reservations to myself about the personal version of reiki session i discussed in reply to Frank, and i m waiting how they get sorted out in due course Smile

Colin wrote:
    Can we change the size of the Reiki flame, and the area it illuminates by intention/visualisation/imagination? For example, focusing on a specific area of byosen during healing, specific areas during Reiju, and the whole body during joshin kokyo ho?

IMO, visualizations and imaginations are the outcomes of our intent or desire to have something happening.. so the core of question is that "can we change reiki flame, or its area of application, by intent"... i feel yes! but not on the basis of principle "energy moves with thought", rather since we got a mandate through inititations... it would be too weird to share here Colin that often i feel that reiki happens on the exact point we wish it to happen... i wish it happening like an envelope on my entire town, it happens so, i wish it happening at thalamus of a mentally problem buddy, it happens so, i wish it radiate with blood from the heart chambers, it again happens so... this is very fancifuly, yet i have so far found it true...

if we insist on 'energy follows thought' principle, and apply it to distatn reiki sessions, are we concluding that we made our energy travelled across thousands miles by our intent... this is very difficult aspect to answer... but my view is that we can't make our energy travel like that... however, we can do a distant reiki easily, since when we are doing a distant reiki, we are not sending reiki to the receipient, rather we are intending/commanding/requesting that reiki should emanate 'locally' for him from his own body, we being the facilitators only Smile

ah, i need a cup of tea to make my mind back to normal lol!

take care

salman
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:

when ki flows, reiki definitely glows, and also that when it glows, it makes ki flow too! cheers a win-a-win ? Smile

Very Happy

Lambswool wrote:
    i love the questions you posed about flame (talking here about the flame only and not as analogy about reiki)... raising these questions, you can expect yourself to be landing into answers very soon... its not that i know those answers... i dont know certainly... but i know that answers are not far from you Colin Smile

..and sure enough they were in your next paragraph! Laughing
    Thank you for such a clear, detailed explanation of something I had taken for granted and never thought about in depth before!

Lambswool wrote:
    what gives flame its shape ?

the physical answer is simple... there is combustion at the tip of thread inside the flame, oxygen burns out, carbon of the candle wax gets blocked into molecules of oxygen, and becomes a gas... as combustion occurs and gas is produced it, being light, it travels upwards, and oxygen surrounding the flame gushes in to fuel in more combustion, giving a bell bottom to the flame, while the outgoing used-up gas, being light, accelerates upwards giving the flame a pointed appearance like a cone...

but that is a relative description, a physical description... the reality is different... a candle flame is visible to us since there is less light around... darkness gives identity to candle flame... but that is again not a final answer...

our eyes see candle flame since they can see the darkness around too... if our eyes are highly pointed on the candle flame and discard any darkness around, we will see candle flame only, but not in a shape, rather a glow of light all around... this happened so many times with me, candle flame will vanish, and will transform into a glow that has no boundaries... only heat, glow and light all around! look how we are played with tricks ! Smile

Lambswool wrote:
    if the feul of reiki is said to be 'ki' (once the ability is conferred) this invalidates certain assumptions, the first of those being we dont use our ki or our 'resources' in producing reiki... i m fully agreed that spiritual practices, ki exercises, breathings, etc. do invigorate reiki flow, but is that similar to saying that it is more ki that prodcues more reiki ?

if we take it as 'standard' protocol, then we fail to give reasons that once a person is initiated, why he starts emanating reiki in the very next hour, when apparently, there had been no change in his ki reservers.

Yes, I agree! Maybe the fuel of Reiki is our spark of divinity within, which can be ignited on command/request?

Lambswool wrote:
    Colin wrote:

IMO, visualizations and imaginations are the outcomes of our intent or desire to have something happening.. so the core of question is that "can we change reiki flame, or its area of application, by intent"... i feel yes! but not on the basis of principle "energy moves with thought", rather since we got a mandate through inititations... it would be too weird to share here Colin that often i feel that reiki happens on the exact point we wish it to happen... i wish it happening like an envelope on my entire town, it happens so, i wish it happening at thalamus of a mentally problem buddy, it happens so, i wish it radiate with blood from the heart chambers, it again happens so... this is very fancifuly, yet i have so far found it true...

if we insist on 'energy follows thought' principle, and apply it to distatn reiki sessions, are we concluding that we made our energy travelled across thousands miles by our intent... this is very difficult aspect to answer... but my view is that we can't make our energy travel like that... however, we can do a distant reiki easily, since when we are doing a distant reiki, we are not sending reiki to the receipient, rather we are intending/commanding/requesting that reiki should emanate 'locally' for him from his own body, we being the facilitators only Smile

This is what I also believe and have found to be true in practice!

Lambswool wrote:
    ah, i need a cup of tea to make my mind back to normal lol!

take care

salman

Enjoy your tea, Salman - you deserve it!

lol!
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:11 am

Hi Salman,
    I do not think you are alone in this. Personally I am also shifting between the two points at random hiiihi.

But I believe there is truth in both and that they are not different.
    Kind of the way Morihei Tanaka explained Reishi (a possible pre-cursor to Reiki)
    It gives rise to both the spiritual and physical, energy and matter, time and space and therefore transcends these dual aspects of reality, as it is the foundation of them it expresses itself in all.
    So kind of like Colin's take and questioning in the next post (reading this its colins previous post)

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    indeed, well if i may suggest, that it does travel, yet it doesn't Smile
    non-locality is a topic discussed in science, both in quantum physics, as well as in studies of consciousness.
    Basically making it so that there is instant-"travel" of matter or consciousness, in a manner that obeys the laws of physics, and obtaining instantaneous effect over great distances.
    There has been speculation if Reiki, and especially the distant treatment, can be operating on this level, and there seems to be some indications that it might be so from the people studying it.
    This all fits very much into the explanation given by Morihei Tanaka on "Reishi" Transcending time and space - like reiki.
    So to sum up, i would say you are right in what you say, and so are those that hold onto the idea of Reiki flowing through us and to the recipient...
    the A to B travel happens in a non-linear fashion and at the same time a linear fashion.
    Another point that came up just now, while trying to answer Smile is... Ki & Light, who said anything about it operating in a linear fashion Smile hehe Both Ki and Reiki are by some seen as superstition - however, light can not be seen as such, but it is still a mystery to science - being both particle and wave... Smile of dual nature - and as such it does seem fitting metaphor for both Ki and Reiki. Smile

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Like you have pointed out, maybe the Reiki initiates the ki, and the ki initiates the reiki - if they are different, and not the same reference defined by different people. But anyway, if we assume as you have and as colin summed up nicely, that ki and reiki might be correlates, then coning or other specific ki-techniques will be effective during reiki treatment, to focus the effect in an area...Also worth mentioning here, that we are made up of reiki, ki, spirit, energy, but also of muscles, bones, tissue etc. and as such i do think that stroking or patting either energetically or physically can help move stagnated energy or loosen tense muscles etc. Smile If everything was as easy as wishing and thinking, then one would need to do little else - even food and exercise would be superficial Smile

Lambs-Wool wrote:

i believe it is its own independent genus Smile
    however taoist thought and magic has been integrated into folk-religion like shinto in Japan since the 8th century at least - and as taoist practices are the foundation for qi-gong and TCM, the similarities across nation and practices is understandable. especially the five-elemental practice, magic, and energy movements, philosophy etc etc

i know Colin already managed to answer you better than i have here - but i thought i would complete my answers anyway - as i do not know and do not claim to know the answers, just airing out my thoughts as they come Smile

PS! will continue to answer the following posts too (as you read, it will be the previous posts to this), as i find it interesting topic that just fired up again Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:15 am

Colin, the candle flame you spoke of
    brought thoughts of the energy that
    fire holds. It is the life of human
    kind. Our ancestors learned how to
    use fire. Today we are more sophistiated
    but it still holds life itself. We
    continue to use it even in our rituals
    it represents the energy of the future,
    as we keep the fires burning for survival.
    And so you words,"Ki flows, Reiki glows!"
    holds true to the Reiki energies in a
    candle flame or in our hands. Looking for the name of a specific technique 158903
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:40 am

Colin wrote:

Hi Salman

"Ki flows, Reiki glows!"
    Smile

what can i say, but... well put Smile

f
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:18 am

Hi Salman,

I am wondering how this commanding/requesting takes place considering the distance between practitioner and the client. How our request/command arrives to desired destination and achieve our goal.

And finally to the point that as per “Interview with Dr. Usui” posted at: http://www.reikikurssit.fi/english/usuispeaks.htm

Then, is it psychic method of treatment?
    Usui: "Yes, you could say that. But you could also say it is physical method of treatment. The reason why is Ki and light are emanated from healer's body, especially from eyes, mouth and hands. So if healer stares or breathes on or strokes with hands at the affected area such as toothache, colic pain, stomach-ache, neuralgia, bruises, cuts, burns and other swellings with pain will be gone. However a chronic disease is not easy, it's needed some time. But a patient will feel improvement at the first treatment. There is a fact more than a novel how to explain this phenomenon with modern medicine. If you see the fact you would understand. Even people who use sophistry can not ignore the fact."

(I put bold)

Regards,

Resko

Discover How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:30 pm

hi Resko buddy Smile

I pick that there are two questions in your post and i'll try what i can say about them.

The first one that how our command/request 'reaches' its destination. I think that as we start reiki session (in-person or distant, both) HSZSN is at work automatically.. It tends to bring in state of oneness, and certain part of our being (part of soul, we can say) definitely attains oneness with source, universe, spirit, etc. So when we intend a distant session, we communicate with divinity, starting with our divinity, and then latching onto universal divinity to interact with divinity of our remote buddy...it operates like that IMO Smile a hint buddy, try thought transference with HSZSN, (a non-reiki related thing), you will be amazed with results... We can mutually give it a try too Smile

Second question, as you quoted Usui Sensei. It might merit close analysis... On plain reading, We can infer that Usui used the word 'ki' instead of the word 'reiki' emanating from healer.... I preceive it in a way that emanation of ki from healer is 'one' of those numerous biological triggers (thanks Frank), that seem to have been set in motion in an in-person session... It would be inaccurate on our part if we assume that ki is solely responsible for an in-person client (since Usui has used the word 'light' too)... As we attach a physical connotation to the word 'ki', we possibly cannot attach such association to words 'light' used by him... If, going by DKM, we can substitute the word light with the word reiki, then the quoted text of Usui Sensei gives us at least two dimensions (out of numerous) of healing mechanism viz., ki and light (reiki)....

We will discuss it as you give your comment on this initial thought buddy Smile

Take care

Salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:04 pm