Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+7
vijaybali
Shakti ~ Rising
Pandora
Milarepa
chi_solas
Thaak
prdean111
11 posters

sending reiki to medicine

prdean111

sending reiki to medicine Empty sending reiki to medicine

Post by prdean111 Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:35 pm

Good evening.
    After months of trying--and failing--to treat myself with Reiki to Cure my headaches, I tried--and succeeded today by sending reiki to my headache medicine--and was completely headache free for the first time in months! (My headache medicine usually only alleviates some of the pain, which is caused by chronic sinusitis.) My question is this: why do you all think I was so successful sending reiki to my MEDICINE and not to myself?!
    Interestingly enough, I came up with this idea days after meditating, and asking my higher self for a closer connection to him/her.
    Years after reading that one could send reiki to medicine, I suddenly decided to try it! Go figure!
    But still, why do you think sending reiki to medicine is more effective then sending it to myself--I'm kind of disappointed? I'd like to be able to phase out the medicine...
    Thaak
    Thaak

sending reiki to medicine Empty Re: sending reiki to medicine

Post by Thaak Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:21 pm

prdean111 wrote:Good evening.
    After months of trying--and failing--to treat myself with Reiki to Cure my headaches, I tried--and succeeded today by sending reiki to my headache medicine--and was completely headache free for the first time in months! (My headache medicine usually only alleviates some of the pain, which is caused by chronic sinusitis.) My question is this: why do you all think I was so successful sending reiki to my MEDICINE and not to myself?!
    Interestingly enough, I came up with this idea days after meditating, and asking my higher self for a closer connection to him/her.
    Years after reading that one could send reiki to medicine, I suddenly decided to try it! Go figure!
    But still, why do you think sending reiki to medicine is more effective then sending it to myself--I'm kind of disappointed? I'd like to be able to phase out the medicine...

Moved this to this topic, as it probably better fits under experiences.

To answer your question...

I've had a bit of trouble working on myself in the past as well. Lately I've had more success. Additionally, I've had more profound feedback from my distance sessions facilitated, than from the hands-on sessions.

I believe that the reasoning for this, is that I'm too egoic when working on myself. And I get too trapped in the "trappings" of a session when hands on.

So in your case, when you sent the healing to your medicine, you were able to fully concentrate on receiving the energy when you took the medicine, rather than trying to do both. You removed "you" from the equation.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Andy's explaination seems to make a lot of sense sunny

Have you ever checked out the metaphysics
    of why you have chronic sinusitis. If you
    understand the reason for the condition,
    you may be able to eliminate the problem sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:21 pm

prdean111 wrote:My question is this: why do you all think I was so successful sending reiki to my MEDICINE and not to myself?!

Why do you think you were unsuccessful in sending Reiki to yourself?

Why do you think Reiki is ever sent anywhere?

prdean111 wrote:

Ok. so you got a result (or results?) with Reiki & medicine. You gonnd treat the root cause of these persistent headaches that way? .

Perhaps Reiki was takling the root, underlying issue, as opposed to placing a ban-aid on the most recent headache?

A headache, is merely a symptom of something, as all pain is

Take care
    Wayne
    prdean111

Post by prdean111 Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:37 am

To all,
    Thank you for your responses!
    Thaak--quite interesting--I never thought by removing myself from the equation it might be easier to treat myself with Reiki--thank you for the insight!
    To Milarepa--regarding the root cause of my headaches--I had sinus surgery in May '09--THAT was the root cause of my headaches--and still is, as I'm receiving allergy shots twice a week to treat my allergies. The allergy shots will completely "cure" my allergies in 3-5 years, from what I've been told. But until then, I need to take medicine daily. I was and am hoping to supplement that treatment regiment with Reiki.
    Thanks again for everyone's input.
    With love and light,
    Peter
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:55 am

prdean111 wrote:
    To Milarepa--regarding the root cause of my headaches--I had sinus surgery in May '09--THAT was the root cause of my headaches--and still is...

How come the surgery has continuously caused pain since May?
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:22 am

prdean111 wrote:To all,
    Thank you for your responses!
    Thaak--quite interesting--I never thought by removing myself from the equation it might be easier to treat myself with Reiki--thank you for the insight!
    To Milarepa--regarding the root cause of my headaches--I had sinus surgery in May '09--THAT was the root cause of my headaches--and still is, as I'm receiving allergy shots twice a week to treat my allergies. The allergy shots will completely "cure" my allergies in 3-5 years, from what I've been told. But until then, I need to take medicine daily. I was and am hoping to supplement that treatment regiment with Reiki.
    Thanks again for everyone's input.
    With love and light,
    Peter

Keep in mind, that when I say "take 'you' out of the equation" I'm specifically referring to that when one is attached to the outcome of a situation, it can cause the mindfulness of the Reiki experience to falter. Especially if you are in a current state of pain and so you focus on the pain while doing Reiki.

Focusing on the pain gives the pain energy, and thus it can seem to get worse even.

One thing I've been doing lately when I get headaches and use Reiki, is I just try to sit with Reiki, and then focus on the sensations (whether it be pain, Reiki, or what not) without attachment to that sensation. I try to dive into it and feel the beauty of it. Not easy when you are near crying cause your head hurts... but I've had increasingly better results as I practice this.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:37 am

If you hold the intent that the Reiki will act for your highest good, then that is what it will do. If, however, you hold the intent that the Reiki will heal your headache, it may well not do that.

It's on the same basis as "if you aim for the stars, you will reach the moon: but if you only aim for the moon, you will find the horizon". Reach higher.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:45 am

Peter, might be worth looking at what in your body is keep causing you pain, as well as attempting to manage headaches.

Reiki can be very pro-active. Responding to a symptom won't address what's causing the symptom.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:14 am

Milarepa wrote:Peter, might be worth looking at what in your body is keep causing you pain, as well as attempting to manage headaches.

Reiki can be very pro-active. Responding to a symptom won't address what's causing the symptom.

He did say that he had surgery on his sinuses, and has had headaches brought on by sinusitis over the years. He is also taking shots for allergies.

Having had similar issues (albeit I did not, and don’t plan on having surgery) throughout my life, I would have to say that there isn’t really a good way to get a clear diagnosis.

His sinusitis-caused headaches and allergies may be the best diagnosis he will ever get. At least if he’s state-side.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:32 am

Thaak wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:Peter, might be worth looking at what in your body is keep causing you pain, as well as attempting to manage headaches.

He did say that he had surgery on his sinuses, and has had headaches brought on by sinusitis over the years. He is also taking shots for allergies.

Yeah, i read what he said bout sinusitis, and also that the root cause was surgery. Headaches, and indeed sinusitis, is symptoms themselves.

Responding to the pain of sinusitis won't tackle the reason why it's happening, ime. I've saw this with sinusitis myself. A surgeon used to come to see me for relief from it.

It's good to get to know all about the body in question, and what may be happening.

Thaak wrote:
    Having had similar issues (albeit I did not, and don’t plan on having surgery) throughout my life, I would have to say that there isn’t really a good way to get a clear diagnosis.

A clear diagnosis isn't always needed in Reiki. To be able to know where to treat, and follow the symptom to the cause, is a thing cool about Reiki.

Take care
    Wayne
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:13 am

Milarepa wrote:[
    A clear diagnosis isn't always needed in Reiki. To be able to know where to treat, and follow the symptom to the cause, is a thing cool about Reiki.

Take care
    Wayne

Sinusitis is a generic diagnosis. Basically it is an inflammation of the sinuses and extra mucus buildup can be part of it. Post-nasal drip (which is what causes me to constantly clear my throat) is a symptom of this. There can be many, many things that cause the constant inflammation and mucus buildup. It can be little nodules, an abscess, chronic low-grade infection (rhino virus??), scar tissue (most likely for me since I had my adnoids out and tubes put in my ear drums when I was 6), allergies, et. al.

Some surgery that is done for Sinusitis (and I can’t speak for Peter, cause I don’t have his nose, so I have no idea what kind of surgery they did for him) is to literally scrape and cauterize the insides of the sinuses to get rid of any nodules, abscesses, lumps, scar tissue, allergens, and virus beds. If you can imagine sticking a curling iron up your nose, that is probably the sort of pain you’ll be in for awhile.

You are correct though, that if you focus your intent on the cause, rather than the symptom, you will have better results. And Reiki doesn’t need you to know the cause consciously.

But I just wanted to make sure people weren’t confused by what you said, because it wasn’t real clear to me the first time I read your post that you don’t necessarily need to know the actual cause. Sometimes that knowing is near impossible.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:47 am

Thaak wrote:

But I just wanted to make sure people weren’t confused by what you said, because it wasn’t real clear to me the first time I read your post that you don’t necessarily need to know the actual cause. Sometimes that knowing is near impossible.

I said it wasn't neccessary for a clear diagnosis, it's pretty obvious this, when we look at certain Reiki techniuqes, i thought?

I'm suggesting it's best to search for the root cause. A person can follow dis-ease by Byosen, and also Reiji ho. When they follow it, they don't need to label it in any way, but treat it.

The optimum effects in Reiki, ime, is when we are focussed. Mindfulness on said specific dis-ease. In this way, some could say we 'direct' Reiki, others might say 'energy goes where thought goes'.

This approach has been benifical in things like cancer. Though Frank will have to elaborate on that, he mentioned the studies.

Take care
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:04 am

howdy doody dean111... I think its like anything in life it's always easier when the pressure isn't on ourselves....
    prdean111

Post by prdean111 Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:33 pm

Wayne, Shakti, and everyone else reading,
    Firstly, the sinus surgery removed polyps.
    Second, yes, I guess it is easier when the pressure isn't on ourselves--I just never thought of it that way! Now I'm reiki-ing (is that even a word?!) my food as well as my medicine--and I might start Reiki-ing my clothes and my car, etc., etc, etc.!
    Someone made a reference to where I might live--I do live in the United States of America.
    But this evening I did reiki my food, and I think that even helped to ease my headache a bit (I didn't have time to reiki my medicine this morning.)
    Thanks to all,
    Peter
    Thanks again for everyone's help.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:37 pm

HI Peter,
    At the end of the day, do whatever is helping you bro. When i was treating a woman for sinusitis, Reiki would be quite good. I gotta say though, for the immediate pain relief, Quantum Touch was the most effective. Her pain would go from a 10 to a 2. 10 being the worst, 0 being no pain. It was more long-lasting.

Pain or imbalance can seem to move during treatment. It's called 'chasing the pain' in QT. It's moving to the source. If there's pain still after surgery, something needs helped there.

If you got severe allergy, i can resonate. I have had also. Like you, needing injections. Only thing is, as an out-patient, here in UK, we can only get one per year. Which usually lasts for 6 weeks in the summer. I'm also allergic to Dogs. What's interesting about this, is that i cut out ALL dairy products, and specificially started using goat's milk. Goat's milk has long been known to help with things like this. For the first time in over 10 years, i never needed an injection, and needed hayfever tablets bout 4 times in total. I also have a lovely wee dog living in home, whom lies on bed with me, called Jasper. All's fine with that allergy also.

Course, at least an hour of Reiki a day also helps!

Edit: If you wnat the QT manual, gimme a pm. there's a specific procedure for sinusitis.

Take care
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:00 pm

prdean111 wrote:Wayne, Shakti, and everyone else reading,
    Firstly, the sinus surgery removed polyps.
    Second, yes, I guess it is easier when the pressure isn't on ourselves--I just never thought of it that way! Now I'm reiki-ing (is that even a word?!) my food as well as my medicine--and I might start Reiki-ing my clothes and my car, etc., etc, etc.!
    Someone made a reference to where I might live--I do live in the United States of America.
    But this evening I did reiki my food, and I think that even helped to ease my headache a bit (I didn't have time to reiki my medicine this morning.)
    Thanks to all,
    Peter
    Thanks again for everyone's help.

looks to me like Reiki is becoming a way of life, not just something you 'do'.... pirat
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:13 am

hai predean

I just say congrat. for your work,

thanks
    vj
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:52 pm

what you did was charged the medicine with reiki for the medicine to do its job and for the reiki to go to the blocks and break them from within. maybe you were not letting yourself be treated with reiki by use of hands, so your higher self guided you to charge medicines. we charge food items (junk food takes in a lot of reiki, it flows like a tap from the palms of the hands). even reiking the car so that one reaches ones destination safely has been resorted to.
    an incident i'd like to share is that one day on the way to office there was smoke coming out of the engine. so i stopped the car and called the helpline people. someone came and on checking told me that coolent was finished. he added that and i reached office. in the evening i could not start the car. i phoned the helpline chaps. i reikied the car and started the car, rang the helpline people that i would call them later indicating my location in case i got stuck. i reached home and rang my car mechanic. he promised to see the car the next morning as it was quite dark. in the morning he saw the car and said all the coolent has gone. there is a hole below the car. how did you reach home yesterday??? even i was surprised and thanked reiki for getting me home safely without any hassles.

renu:)
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:51 am

renukakkar wrote:what you did was charged the medicine with reiki for the medicine to do its job and for the reiki to go to the blocks and break them from within. maybe you were not letting yourself be treated with reiki by use of hands, so your higher self guided you to charge medicines. we charge food items (junk food takes in a lot of reiki, it flows like a tap from the palms of the hands). even reiking the car so that one reaches ones destination safely has been resorted to.
    an incident i'd like to share is that one day on the way to office there was smoke coming out of the engine. so i stopped the car and called the helpline people. someone came and on checking told me that coolent was finished. he added that and i reached office. in the evening i could not start the car. i phoned the helpline chaps. i reikied the car and started the car, rang the helpline people that i would call them later indicating my location in case i got stuck. i reached home and rang my car mechanic. he promised to see the car the next morning as it was quite dark. in the morning he saw the car and said all the coolent has gone. there is a hole below the car. how did you reach home yesterday??? even i was surprised and thanked reiki for getting me home safely without any hassles.

renu:)

cheers looks like you put your trust in Reiki sunny
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:47 am

Thaak wrote:
    prdean111 wrote:Good evening.

Moved this to this topic, as it probably better fits under experiences.

To answer your question...

I've had a bit of trouble working on myself in the past as well. Lately I've had more success. Additionally, I've had more profound feedback from my distance sessions facilitated, than from the hands-on sessions.

I believe that the reasoning for this, is that I'm too egoic when working on myself. And I get too trapped in the "trappings" of a session when hands on.

So in your case, when you sent the healing to your medicine, you were able to fully concentrate on receiving the energy when you took the medicine, rather than trying to do both. You removed "you" from the equation.

I agree my lovely I think this is, for me anyhow the best way to work on yourself, I still to this day self heal on a daily basis, but when I truly want to heal me I find working on myself at a distance takes the me out of it and allows me to channel to level I would for another soul.

you know I have not read through all the posts but I would think that sending healing to medication is not conducive to good health...just my opinion...however I would recommend charging and programming crystals for the same purpose, then place them directly on and around your head, one is fine, but many find a layout of five crystals brings good results, lots of stones work well for headaches Amethyst,Clear Quartz,Aquamarine..............might even help clear the underlying issues...many blessings
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Folks have reported that they need less
    medication drunken after a Reiki session.
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:52 pm

yes that happens. you get better and dosage has to be reduced

renu Smile
    jenireiki
    jenireiki
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by jenireiki Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:37 am

I used to suffer with terrible headaches and eased them by drinking more water and Reiki-ing each of my drinks and all of my food. I also Reiki-ed my headache tablets to lessen side effects that they gave me such as stomach ache.
    I also occasionally send distance healing to myself with the intent that I can receive it when I go to bed. In doing so I had a more restful sleep and headaches eased dramatically.
    Reiki takes time to work, not always in the way that you expect or want it to, but I know from experience it will always work for the highest good. Sometimes it may feel as if it isn't working at all, but what I now know is that it was working on the cause of the headaches and not the symptoms.
    prdean111

Post by prdean111 Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:37 am

Thanks for your post, JeniReiki.
    I've often thought I should be reiki-ing my water and any food I consume--and your post gives me the incentive to follow through on that.
    I'm especially interested in your last statement--that Reiki works on the cause of the headaches and not the symptoms. I've been sending Reiki healing requests to another website with the specific plea to send Reiki to me so that I'll be able to either determine the root cause of my headaches--which have become more obvious lately.
    I guess as much as I want a quick fix--Reiki still is no substitute for medicine. But it definitely could (hopefully) lead to a more lasting solution than a one-time reiki treatment.
    Thanks for posting jenireiki.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:57 pm