Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Does/Will Reiki being adopted by mainstream medicine impact on it's spirituality?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Does/Will Reiki being adopted by mainstream medicine impact on it's spirituality?  Empty Does/Will Reiki being adopted by mainstream medicine impact on it's spirituality?

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:26 am

Today i was reading someones blog on Yoga. I learnt that the UK organisation - Independent Yoga Network - fear that the medicalisation and regulation of Yoga will lead to an erosion of Yogas spiritual aspects by the physical fitness industry.

I see parallels with Reiki, regulation & the medical community. Just what place does/will spirituality hold in Reiki, should non-spiritual, scientific organisations begin to call the shots? On what we can teach, say & promote in Reiki.

At what cost are you prepared to sacrifice your full-spectrum Reiki experience & understandings?

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does/Will Reiki being adopted by mainstream medicine impact on it's spirituality?  Empty Re: Does/Will Reiki being adopted by mainstream medicine impact on it's spirituality?

Post by chi_solas Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:40 am

Milarepa wrote:Today i was reading someones blog on Yoga. I learnt that the UK organisation - Independent Yoga Network - fear that the medicalisation and regulation of Yoga will lead to an erosion of Yogas spiritual aspects by the physical fitness industry.

I see parallels with Reiki, regulation & the medical community. Just what place does/will spirituality hold in Reiki, should non-spiritual, scientific organisations begin to call the shots? On what we can teach, say & promote in Reiki.

At what cost are you prepared to sacrifice your full-spectrum Reiki experience & understandings?

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Yes affraid I was volunteering Reiki in
    a Catholic hospital until the bishops spoke
    out against it. Reiki is no longer at that
    hospital. scratch No

Reiki will loose its "natural healing " label flower affraid
    within the medical profession. They will try
    to find a scientific name for it along with a
    medication to enhance the natural healing. bounce study
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Does/Will Reiki being adopted by mainstream medicine impact on it's spirituality?  Empty Re: Does/Will Reiki being adopted by mainstream medicine impact on it's spirituality?

Post by Reikijim Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:25 am

Milarepa wrote:Today i was reading someones blog on Yoga. I learnt that the UK organisation - Independent Yoga Network - fear that the medicalisation and regulation of Yoga will lead to an erosion of Yogas spiritual aspects by the physical fitness industry.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Without a doubt Reiki is a spiritual practice...practiced by individuals who have the control to interpret Reiki as they wish.
    There are laws to control everything here in North America. We take some laws seriously, and some with a grain of salt as dictated by common sense.
    If a governing body needs to homoginize or white wash Reiki, then it will cease to be what it is...that is obvious.

I could care less what the Cathlic church does or thinks...If I did, I wouldn`t practice Reiki to begin with...Buddhist origins or not.
    No Reiki in Catholic hospitals = their loss...too bad, so sad...so don`t be Catholic if you don`t like it...go to a hospital that allows you a choice to think for yourself!

Personally...i can`t see Reiki ever being as mainstream as other modalities due to it`s heavy basis in spirituality...The spiritual part turns off alot of mainstream folks who are non-spiritual as they cannot differentiate between spiritual, religious and occult or magic.

I fear that goverment guidelines will not work for the developing practioner who needs to understand and explore themselves in Reiki.

This makes me think of the communist influence regarding the practice of Qi Gong in China...you just can`t keep a good thing down forever...

Jim
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:51 am

When asked what Reiki is, I always say Reiki is SPIRITUAL HEALING....that can put some folk off straight away, but I don't care and I certainly won't compromise my choice of words regarding Reiki so as to fit in with mainstream medical authorities....

If medical authorities want to embrace the obvious health and harmonising benefits of Reiki....they cannot possibly ignore the spiritual essence which comes along with that. They may choose not to focus on the spiritual essence, but anyone who practices or receives Reiki, is stepping into a sacred space where aligning with one's true nature is a natural consequence...

Reiki and spiritual awareness/awakening go hand in hand.........they're is no seperation.....so if medical organisations want to get more involved with Reiki.....then they could not ignore the spiritual essence behind through and beyond it, how could they??.......it would be impossible to do so. I love you
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:06 am

Pachamama wrote:When asked what Reiki is, I always say Reiki is SPIRITUAL HEALING....that can put some folk off straight away, but I don't care and I certainly won't compromise my choice of words regarding Reiki so as to fit in with mainstream medical authorities....

If medical authorities want to embrace the obvious health and harmonising benefits of Reiki....they cannot possibly ignore the spiritual essence which comes along with that. They may choose not to focus on the spiritual essence, but anyone who practices or receives Reiki, is stepping into a sacred space where aligning with one's true nature is a natural consequence...

Reiki and spiritual awareness/awakening go hand in hand.........they're is no seperation.....so if medical organisations want to get more involved with Reiki.....then they could not ignore the spiritual essence behind through and beyond it, how could they??.......it would be impossible to do so. I love you

when you work for a boss you have
    to abide with there philosophy,
    Many Dr's/nurses know the value
    of Reiki alone. The Catholic
    Hospital that I mentioned was such
    an issue. I was invited by a DR
    to come in to meet with a patient.
    Then I approached the nursing liasion
    who was very accomodating to set up
    times for me to come in. It was the
    board of directors who handed down
    the NO Reiki after 2 years of service. Does/Will Reiki being adopted by mainstream medicine impact on it's spirituality?  850837

I foresee the medical profession not
    the DR/nurses resisting the spiritual
    needs of all those involved. At the
    moment I see the independent Reiki
    volunteers used less and less as
    hospitals have set up their own Reiki
    programs within their hospital. scratch flower
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:10 am

chi_solas wrote:

needs of all those involved.wn Reiki

and the reason why is that medicine is controlled by the pharmaceutical companies. And they like us being sick!

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:20 am

Milarepa wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

needs of all those involved.wn Reiki

and the reason why is that medicine is controlled by the pharmaceutical companies. And they like us being sick!

Does/Will Reiki being adopted by mainstream medicine impact on it's spirituality?  564490 Thank the powers that be
    that ULFE is alive and well Does/Will Reiki being adopted by mainstream medicine impact on it's spirituality?  158903

Does/Will Reiki being adopted by mainstream medicine impact on it's spirituality?  837313
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:31 am

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Hi Wayne,

A thought provoking topic you have created...yet...

I believe Reiki will find those that are open to it just as it found us. I remember when I first started practicing, it seemed that i had been blessed with best kept secret in the Universe and wanted to share Reiki with everyone. After moving around Canada a bit I`ve come to realize that levels of spiritual awareness and openess vary greatly from province to province in this country at least...I would hazard to guess that British Columbia and Ontario have many more people realizing the benefits of Reiki practice than other provinces in Canada.

If we need to develope "controls/guidlines" within Reiki these governing bodies need to be seperate from, yet friendly with, the governing bodies of the medical communities. Honestly the medical community, influenced by goverment and private interest lobbiests probably just wish we woould go away.
    So...we need or own lobbiests in government if we expect a fair shake in things...thats the way it works like it or not...

Jim
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:41 am

I kinda wonder.. the people that set the rules. The more they rules get set. The more we are told what to teach. What to say. The further the freedom is erroded by our bosses..

Is it really a given that 100, 200 years from now Reiki will be viewed as spiritual by these folks actions?

Is Reiki, does Reiki, not be defined by our perceptions? And in Reiki, when one is new to it that perception is largely influenced by the teacher, and/or the collective view.

So if the collective view is 'X'....?

We gotta remember in what time in society Reiki found us. In the somewhat free circumstances. As our liberty is being eroded in various ways how might this exponentially manifest?

Still i would like to think also the inherent spiritual aspect of Reiki will be touched upon. Yet i have something in my mind that says is someone can integrate Reiki with no spirituality then that means it can be by-passed? What do you feel bro? you've a sound grasp on Reiki.
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:32 am

Milarepa wrote:I kinda wonder.. the people that set the rules. The more they rules get set. The more we are told what to teach. What to say. The further the freedom is erroded by our bosses..

Is it really a given that 100, 200 years from now Reiki will be viewed as spiritual by these folks actions?

Is Reiki, does Reiki, not be defined by our perceptions? And in Reiki, when one is new to it that perception is largely influenced by the teacher, and/or the collective view.

So if the collective view is 'X'....?

We gotta remember in what time in society Reiki found us. In the somewhat free circumstances. As our liberty is being eroded in various ways how might this exponentially manifest?

Still i would like to think also the inherent spiritual aspect of Reiki will be touched upon. Yet i have something in my mind that says is someone can integrate Reiki with no spirituality then that means it can be by-passed? What do you feel bro? you've a sound grasp on Reiki.

I think our perceptions define our connection with Reiki...and it`s an individual thing for everyone based on the individuals courage, trust and open-mindedness among other things.

It would seem odd to me, to even attempt to practice Reiki without the spiritual element, yet i bet I could find those whom would love to be empowerd with the gifts of Reiki without the spiritual element attached, as they could delude themselves into thinking that it was all about them, and all from them...and quite possibly they could be right.Yet I do not believe such is true at this point in my journey.

I cannot ignore my perception of the state of mankind, and time that mankind is in when answering a question such as this...

It would seem that the most powerful countries of the world shape reality for most of us to some degree. For the last 1000 years or so we have mostly been on the same path on a number of continents. Democracy has been the bright light of the last 1000 years or so,but it`s twisted now as all things will become twisted when power is sought by the insecure.

I think there is enough "fear mongering" in the press to assume they are trying to herd us as cattle in the direction that maintains their seat in power.

I have the odd and unpopular notion, through my own reiki experiences, that people can experience great change through Reiki. Change that can make a person question their base values and the reasons they do what they do on a daily basis. Can you see how this type of power could threaten world leadership if Reiki became as widely administered and practiced as lets say alopathic medicine or the Christian faith?

I believe Reiki has the power to change the world, and for that reason alone there will be those who will twist, delude and create controls to limit it`s effectiveness.

We face alot of enviromental threats at this point, in our evolution on this planet. I do believe mankind has to change a little to survive the next 200 years or so...If we are allowed to find our true nature, we have a chance at living as a truly connected world wide community. The spiritual elements of Reiki, well.... could become an invaluable tool to us as a race, which some of us have already discovered. Alas, many people are extremely blind and short sighted, staying rooted in things that give them short term happiness, the material possesions that satisfy our more base needs.

Honestly Wayne, I`m no fortune teller and there are far too many aspects of human existance in flux these days to predict. I would like to believe that we will be left to evolve at this point in time. I`m hoping there is something in the Universe that is feeding our need for change. I`m hoping that there is order on a scale that superceeds the controlling powers of this planet. And i hope our less evolved brothers and sisters can get with the program soon.

Spiritual/Religious...I think they mean about the same thing to a politician...thin ice.

"Reiki"...take the spiritual part out, your left with "Ki"...not the same thing, but much easier to quantify and qualify...I have little faith in our government or religious leaders to give us a fair shake when there is so much at stake.

I believe there is a need for a governing body in the world of Reiki. But it has to come through trial and error and not be based on something we already have. Reiki is so unique it will only flourish in a construct designed exclusively for it.

I will stick to my original opinion...A body thats friendly with the medical communities controls, but totally seperate from it. If that means we cannot practice on their grounds so be it. The people will find their way to us all the same...

Spirituality has to be included...or it`s not Reiki.

I will always practice Reiki, regardless of who says what. When someone is in pain or needs a mental block removed, i will do what i can for them with what I have been taught. The government can define my actions in what ever way they deem necessary...In the next two years your going to find me teaching, and i will be teaching what I know regardless of laws and organizations...I don`t care, they control too much of my existance already...

Jim
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:51 am

that's a great post mate. Thankyou for that. Things you've said have impacted some on my own opinion. moving me somewhat toward your earlier stand.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Yes, great post Jim!

cheers
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks Guys...

It means alot to me when too people of your background find validity in my words...

peace...

Jim Very Happy
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:07 pm

yep I concur also!....folks like all of us on here, have to practice the way we see fit and not the way some governing body, controlled by a profit motivated medical authority dictates!!

I get so pissed off by the manipulation and control of the masses by some so called 'authority'.

The reason why a lot of natural psychotropic drugs have been made illegal is because many of those sacred plants have the potential to open up the users doors of perception to the degree that they discover REAL spiritual truths....which opens one mind and incites freedom and free thinking.

Now we can't have all the masses actually KNOWING spiritual truths beyond what organised religion preaches or having people think they are more free than the authority dictates! No no no, that would never do, you can't tax freedom!

I too believe Reiki has the potential to change the world....but it will only happen if practitioners like ourselves do not compromise our integrity!!!

Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:26 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Pachamama wrote:When asked what Reiki is, I always say Reiki is SPIRITUAL HEALING....that can put some folk off straight away, but I don't care and I certainly won't compromise my choice of words regarding Reiki so as to fit in with mainstream medical authorities....

when you work for a boss you have
    to abide with there philosophy,
    Many Dr's/nurses know the value
    of Reiki alone. The Catholic
    Hospital that I mentioned was such
    an issue. I was invited by a DR
    to come in to meet with a patient.
    Then I approached the nursing liasion
    who was very accomodating to set up
    times for me to come in. It was the
    board of directors who handed down
    the NO Reiki after 2 years of service. Does/Will Reiki being adopted by mainstream medicine impact on it's spirituality?  850837

needs of all those involved. At the
    moment I see the independent Reiki
    volunteers used less and less as
    hospitals have set up their own Reiki

'when you work for a boss, you have to abide by their philosophy'.... thats why I'm not very good at working for other people....ahahahah...I will only abide by anyones philosophy if I respect that philosophy. I'm kind of a balshy cow and never afriad to disagree with or argue with a 'boss'. Power currupts, but only if you let it! Many bosses feel they have 'control' over someone who works for them, because they know living in a material world( espially at this moment in time)..people NEED money. But that doesn't mean anyone should have to compromise their integrity to attain it.

Hospitals have set up their own Reiki programmes??......so how does that work then??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 pm