Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Does Reiki complement Traditional medicine

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does Reiki  complement Traditional medicine  Empty Does Reiki complement Traditional medicine

Post by chi_solas Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Reiki is a natural healing system.It
    has not been scientifically proven,
    tested rigorously or examined in
    clinical trials and given the overall
    traditional medical award. It does get
    rated as complementary therapy as more
    and more hospitals embrace this ancient
    self healing process. sunny

What do you think? Is Reiki a complementary
    therapy to traditional medicine, or does
    Reiki stand on its own as an energy healing
    method second to none. Does Reiki  complement Traditional medicine  158903
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does Reiki  complement Traditional medicine  Empty Re: Does Reiki complement Traditional medicine

Post by Colin Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:23 am

chi_solas wrote:Reiki is a natural healing system.It
    has not been scientifically proven,
    tested rigorously or examined in
    clinical trials and given the overall
    traditional medical award. It does get
    rated as complementary therapy as more
    and more hospitals embrace this ancient
    self healing process. sunny

What do you think? Is Reiki a complementary
    therapy to traditional medicine, or does
    Reiki stand on its own as an energy healing
    method second to none. Does Reiki  complement Traditional medicine  158903

First and foremost, Reiki is a wonderful spiritual practice which also has the effect of maintaining or improving the body and mind and moving it back towards a balanced state if this has become disturbed. However, I do believe it is complementary to, rather than a replacement/alternative for conventional medicine.

If I was in a car accident or having a heart attack or was suffering from a severe in infection, I would certainly not choose to use Reiki as an alternative but I would use both conventional medicine and Reiki together i.e. Reiki is complementary not alternative.

Reiki is great at maintaining or bringing the body back to balance on the physical mental emotional and spiritual levels, which is very important because it deals with the person as a whole. Conventional medicine is great at fixing physical trauma and life-threatening symptoms i.e. effects whereas Reiki can help deal with causes.

I believe that once conventional medicine realises that it can't do everything and that things such as Reiki can help with the things it can't do very well then Reiki and conventional medicine will truly be able to complement one another and we will have the best of both worlds.
    Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does Reiki  complement Traditional medicine  Empty Re: Does Reiki complement Traditional medicine

Post by chi_solas Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:53 am

Preventing accidents is part of our
    survival. We have been "brainwashed"
    as we watch TV medical accident scenes
    that dramatize and create chaos making
    the injured more tense/terrified with
    its emergency swirling lights and noisy
    loud chatter. The accident victim left
    vulnerable to the methods used at an
    accident scene and the emergency room.Embarassed

The first responders and emergency folks
    at an accident scene do what they have
    been taught to save lives. Many people
    are thankful to them for saving their lives. Does Reiki  complement Traditional medicine  307123

The medical profession does need to fine
    tune their approach to helping folks heal.
    Choices offered and common sense are part
    of healing. The difference I see between
    Medical practice and Reiki is, that the
    medical system teaches you how to be
    dependent on the Medical system. The Reiki
    system teaches how to use your innate power
    that treat the mind,body,spirit. Arrow

renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:51 am

reiki can not be an alternative therapy mainly because western medicine will not let it become so and for other systems like neuropathology, colour the flower therapy etc also...

in india till 2003, everything was included in alternative therapies, but after that only homeopathic treatment, aryurvedic treatment and yoga remained... other systems of healing are called as placebo effect...unfortunately this all came to light last year and the reason became apparent that the people of these other therapies are not united....
    a new organisation has come up in india which is bringing all these therapies under one roof as complementary medication/treatment, so that they can stop such acts/rules from being framed.

it is a fact that where accident treatments/operations are required, western /allopathic treatment becomes necessary...but this system treats the problem superficially and not from the roots....another issue is the big multinational pharmaceutical companies would want the patients to remain in the perpetual helpless state of dependency on medicines(it keeps their money coming in)...

it is also a fact that reiki increases your energy level and you become better in addition you remain healthy as diseases cannot harm you...provided of course you take care of diet,hygiene, exercise etc.. it is also a fact that more and more patients request for reiki before and after the operation. many hospitals have set up special areas for such requirements. after all they want their patients to become ok and be happy...

so the best thing is complimentary medication so that all systems can coexist and will prove beneficial to the patients in the long run.

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:20 am

renukakkar wrote:reiki can not be an alternative therapy mainly because western medicine will not let it become so and for other systems like neuropathology, colour the flower therapy etc also...

in india till 2003, everything was included in alternative therapies, but after that only homeopathic treatment, aryurvedic treatment and yoga remained... other systems of healing are called as placebo effect...unfortunately this all came to light last year and the reason became apparent that the people of these other therapies are not united....
    a new organisation has come up in india which is bringing all these therapies under one roof as complementary medication/treatment, so that they can stop such acts/rules from being framed.

it is a fact that where accident treatments/operations are required, western /allopathic treatment becomes necessary...but this system treats the problem superficially and not from the roots....another issue is the big multinational pharmaceutical companies would want the patients to remain in the perpetual helpless state of dependency on medicines(it keeps their money coming in)...

it is also a fact that reiki increases your energy level and you become better in addition you remain healthy as diseases cannot harm you...provided of course you take care of diet,hygiene, exercise etc.. it is also a fact that more and more patients request for reiki before and after the operation. many hospitals have set up special areas for such requirements. after all they want their patients to become ok and be happy...

so the best thing is complimentary medication so that all systems can coexist and will prove beneficial to the patients in the long run.

Here in Massachusetts there is
    a law legislation for Reiki
    practitioners Bill # SB2258 study
    here's an excerpt.............

Exemptions: any person who uses touch, words, and directed movement to deepen awareness of patterns of movement in the body, or the affectation of the human energy system or acupoints or Qi meridians of the human body while engaged within the scope of practice of a profession with established standards and ethics, provided that their services are not designated or implied to be massage or massage therapy. Such practices include, but are not limited to the Feldenkrais Method; Reflexology; The Trager Approach; Ayurvedic Therapies, Rolf Structural Integration, Polarity or Polarity Therapy; Polarity Therapy Bodywork; Asian Bodywork Therapy that does not constitute massage as defined by this act; Acupressure; Jin Shin Do; Qi Gong; Shiatsu; Body-Mind Centering, and Reiki.

Here in Massachusetts we are
    pleased that we were not
    included in the massage category. sunny
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:40 pm

try not touching the patient..i give reiki from about 4 inches away from the body...i tell my students also not to touch unless they are family members and do not mind..in india no one likes being touched for touch and heal therapy....
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:59 am

I have done both styles of Reiki.
    I find that elderly people love
    to be touched, especially when
    living alone. Reiki touch is very
    healing for them. Does Reiki  complement Traditional medicine  850837
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:15 am

does reiki complement 'modern orthodox medical treatments' ? yes it does, I wouldn't say reiki complements 'traditional' medical care, because to me Reiki would come under the banner of natural and traditional care. Hands on healing has been practiced for thousands of years.

I would say all hands on healing treatments can happily stand alone in any and all instances....but modern medical care is absolutely fantastic!!! particularly for treating problems that need immediate attention. Unless one is able to facilitate spiritual healing at the level and kin to which we ascribe that bloke jesus, then best ring medical services in a severe emergency.

modern medicine has come along way in learning how to deal with physical ailments....but it treats the body as a seperate entity on it's own, modern health care does not integrate the whole being....Often symptoms are treated without finding the route cause....often the route cause has grown from an imbalance within a different level of being. Reiki can help the recipient address that level of being which is out of balance.

I get asked regularly if Reiki is an alternative to orthodox healthcare and I always say no it is not, and should not be thought of as such, it is not a replacement, nor in opposition to orthodox care in any way, it is complementary to it.........and often gives a patient a few more missing pieces of the puzzle regarding their own health and well being.

We are not just skin, bones, neuro transmitters and chemicals, we are not just physical beings with physiological functionings and responses, we are beings of Light, energy, essence, mind and much more..... In order to address health issues, one has to address the whole being.

It will be a beautiful day when spiritual healing is accessible in every NHS clinic in the land. the 21st century is the information age, and patients should be able to make informed choices about their health care. People know that a pill for every ill doesn't quite cut it any more and we all know that the pharmaceutical industry is a multi-billion pound industry! The 'corporate powers that be' would hate to see a health care system introduced that they had no power and financial gain from. But here in Britain where we have a very decent national health system, cut backs are having to be made HUGE CUTBACKS.....I feel as a consequence of this, some NHS clinics may start to embrace a variety of complementary therapies.....it's logical, financially viable and I believe the way forward for Britains health care system. I for one would happily volunteer my services on a regular basis to an NHS clinic... 'OOH A FREE THERAPY THAT WORKS' it's only a matter of time before 'they' get it. Idea

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:08 am