Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Lambs-Wool
chi_solas
6 posters

Exploring The Next Level of Healing; heal others heal yourself

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Exploring The Next Level of Healing;  heal others heal yourself Empty Exploring The Next Level of Healing; heal others heal yourself

Post by chi_solas Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Every kid wants to know.....Are we there yet? sunny
    What do you think ?

Exploring The Next Level of Healing
    By Denise Puchbauer
    TheReconnection.com

A new science is emerging that is changing our traditional understanding of health and healing. The latest scientific research is focusing on experiments, which are quantifying the effects of energy, light and information on human beings. Leading the way are two world-renowned scientists, William Tiller, PhD and Gary Schwartz, PhD, and their studies of the Reconnective Healing®️ frequencies, first discovered by Eric Pearl, D.C. The powerful and profound results of this research, anticipated to be published later this year, are attracting the attention of the best and brightest in the scientific community.

Reconnective Healing is a form of healing that is here on the planet for the very first time. It reconnects us to the fullness of the universe as it reconnects us to the fullness of our beings and of who we are. It is considered to be able to reconnect us to the universe and to our very essence not just through a new set of healing frequencies, but through possibly an entirely new bandwidth. The reality of its existence has demonstrated itself clearly in practice as well as in science laboratories.

Dr. Tiller, Professor Emeritus, Stanford University, author of eight books, 250 scientific papers and star of the recent film What The Bleep!?, has been conducting research on how the physical properties of a room or space change as a result of energy healing frequencies entering that room. Dr. Tiller conducted his experiment on the Reconnective Healing frequencies for the first time at a Reconnective Healing seminar in Sedona, AZ in 2006, and found the results so extraordinary that he continued the study in 2007 at another seminar in Los Angeles, CA. According to Dr. Tiller, the Reconnective Healing frequencies bring healing “beyond just what has been classically known as energy healing into a broader spectrum of energy, light and information.”

What Dr. Tiller has found is that these intelligent frequencies begin changing the quantum field effects of the room, or “conditioning the space,” easily 36 hours or more before a seminar even begins, dramatically increasing the excess free thermodynamic energy in the room. In other words, if this were simply the energy we find in energy healing, the temperature of the room would have increased by 300 centigrade! With Reconnective Healing, while the actual room temperature does not change, the amount of energy, light and information charging the room does, palpably and dramatically. In Dr. Tiller’s words,

“As we continued to monitor that space, we found two days later the increase in this effective energy content was huge. [If we ask] ‘What is the effective temperature increase for that normal space, how much must it go up to give the same excess energy content as was in Eric's workshop two days after he started?” [The answer is] “The effective temperature increase for a normal space would have been 300 degrees Centigrade! That is huge.”

The initial findings are highly significant. Dr. Tiller continues,

“This shift of energy is what allows normal human beings to enter a room and later to walk out with an ability to heal others and themselves, regardless of their background or education.”

In another research study, Dr. Schwartz, along with Dr. Melinda Connor from the Laboratory for Advances in Consciousness and Health at The University of Arizona, focus their research on the people who attend Reconnective Healing seminars. In Arizona in 2006, and again in Los Angeles in 2007, Dr. Schwartz and his colleagues conducted their “baseline energy healing” studies which measured people’s abilities to work with, feel, transmit and receive light and other electromagnetic frequencies before and after they attended the seminar. What they found was dramatic. Of the more than 90 people who participated in the study, all walked out with permanently expanded and new electromagnetic abilities following the Reconnective Healing seminar, whether they had never studied healing or if they were masters/teachers of the various energy healing techniques known today, old or new.

What impact are these and other studies on energy having on the scientific and medical community? Traditional science and medicine can no longer approach health and healing the same way. New scientific exploration in Dr. Tiller’s Psychoenergetic Science, in Dr. Pearl’s The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself, and in Dr. Schwartz’s Energy Healing Experiments are paving the way towards validating the powerful effects that energy, light and information can have on people. This type of exploration is contributing to advancing humanity to the next stage of evolution.

For more information about Reconnective Healing, visit TheReconnection.com.

return to ByRegion.net home
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Exploring The Next Level of Healing;  heal others heal yourself Empty Re: Exploring The Next Level of Healing; heal others heal yourself

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:02 am

Interesting Smile !

this was probably what Usui Sensei been practicing in reiju ! some hundreds of years back...

to me, whenever we try to testify metaphysics through scientific principles, we are only reconciling the things, or attempting at reconciliation... since what non-medicinal therapies cant easily be fitting in our medical principles....

as far as the title is conerned, "heal others, heal yourself" it is indeed a bigger statement than the article itself... i m in total agreement! Smile

take care

salman

Last edited by Lambs-Wool on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:52 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : a glaring mistake corrected in the text)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Exploring The Next Level of Healing;  heal others heal yourself Empty Re: Exploring The Next Level of Healing; heal others heal yourself

Post by Milarepa Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:06 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:

to me, whenever we try to testify metaphysics through scientific principles, we are only reconciling the things, or attempting at reconciliation... since what non-medicinal therapies cant easily be fitting in our medical principles....

I think we're prob gonna agree on this buddy...

From my own albeit amateur research, i can see that spirituality & science actually say the same things, only in different ways. In fact, many religious texts are scientific documents themselves! I know the Holy Qu'ran mentioned something to do with conception that should only have been known via the use of microscope for instance. The exact thing escapes me at present, i read it as a young muslim about 14 years ago, hehe.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:45 am

Wayne, below you will see words
    by his holiness the 14th Dali Lama
    I bought this in a Tibetan store
    It was on fancy scroll paper on a
    stick hanger with a red ribbon.

When I got it home I hung it near my
    Reiki Room. The more I saw it the more
    aware I became how negative it was. I
    removed it and use it as a lesson to
    learn. With a quick glance I made the
    mistake of buying into commercial stuff
    as the truth when it was disguised with
    someone elses name.

My reaction to your above post was that
    IMO the Holy Bible / Holy Qu'ran have been
    written and changed over time by others just
    as Japanese Reiki has been. I am learning to
    be cautious. I understand documents can also
    be tampered with.

A Paradox of Our Age by
    His Holiness the 14th Dalia Lama

We have bigger houses but smaller families;
    More conveniences but less time;
    We have more degrees but less sense;
    More knowledge but less judgement;
    More experts but more problems;
    More medicine but less healthiness;
    We’ve been all the way to the moon and back
    But have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbor
    We built more computers to hold
    More information to produce more copies than ever;
    But have less communication;
    We have become long on quantity,
    But short on quality;
    These are times of fast foods,
    But slow digestion;
    Tall man but short character;
    Steep profits but shallow relationships;
    It’s a time when there is much in the window
    But nothing in the room…….
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:21 am

chi_solas wrote:Wayne, below you will see words
    by his holiness the 14th Dali Lama
    I bought this in a Tibetan store
    It was on fancy scroll paper on a
    stick hanger with a red ribbon.

When I got it home I hung it near my
    Reiki Room. The more I saw it the more
    aware I became how negative it was. I
    removed it and use it as a lesson to
    learn. With a quick glance I made the
    mistake of buying into commercial stuff
    as the truth when it was disguised with
    someone elses name.

No comment on your decision, Smile.

The words are true but Bridget, anyone whom looks at society knows this, Smile. It give us a reminder of how much we're losing touch with the things that enrich humanity. Mostly humans are living their lives not realising how much of a rut we're getting ourselves into. So we gotta choice. Do we tell everyone everythings rosy (then why would they adress their lifestyle), or do we say something that makes us stop for a sec and take some stock of our life?

chi_solas wrote:
    My reaction to your above post was that
    IMO the Holy Bible / Holy Qu'ran have been
    written and changed over time by others just
    as Japanese Reiki has been. I am learning to
    be cautious. I understand documents can also
    be tampered with.

The Holy Qu'ran is a living book. What this means is that it the whole book has constantly been memorised by many thousands of devout muslims every year, form it's creation. This has ensured that maybe uniquely very, very little has changed since it's inception. Later important folks do add more teachings to Islam, though that's clear when it's them doing it.

With the Bible, i know what you mean. Although there's still much in the current version of King James, which was created 100's of years ago, i do prefer to look to the original hebrew when i speak of the old testament. For example, contrary to most scholars, Genesis does indeed speak of the evolution of humanity. And as i pointed out in another topic, the original hebrew, dating some 4000 years ago also states concepts that quantum mechanics agrees with Re: the creation of existence. However, as my research goes on, it's becoming more & more evident that the scriptures of the bible, and maybe most others spiritual texts may have their roots in Sumeria. Sumeria is the oldest civilisation known, and yet it's texts are quite similar to egyptian mythology, Judaism, Christianity, etc. I'm feeling more confident that the various religious messages are interpretations of one original message. The original message is very much not mainstream, and as i'm only beginning to study it, i definitely won't be publicly aligning myself to it just yet, hehe.

bit of syncronicity, i was just having a chat with my daughter about holy communion, and saying about 'chinese whispers' and maybe some things in the current bible not being exactly right, then come on here and carry it on! Kinda cool that, hehe. Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:45 am

A Paradox of Our Age by
    His Holiness the 14th Dalia Lama

We have bigger houses but smaller families;
    More conveniences but less time;
    We have more degrees but less sense;
    More knowledge but less judgement;
    More experts but more problems;
    More medicine but less healthiness;
    We’ve been all the way to the moon and back
    But have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbor
    We built more computers to hold
    More information to produce more copies than ever;
    But have less communication;
    We have become long on quantity,
    But short on quality;
    These are times of fast foods,
    But slow digestion;
    Tall man but short character;
    Steep profits but shallow relationships;
    It’s a time when there is much in the window
    But nothing in the room…….

If you really read each one and ask what
    does this mean would the Dali Lama really
    say this or did some one take his words and
    change them.

Memorizing stuff I remember it
    well its called brainwashing.

Remember the telephone game you
    pass on a message and when it gets
    to the last person its all a distorted
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:27 am

ahh, now i see your point! thanks for highlighting this!

You're quite right it seems bridget! Reading this with interest we can see that someone else has used very similar words...

http://www.trans4mind.com/counterpoint/moorehead.shtml

also the Dalai Lama is credited with it on youtube, but if you read some comments we can see at least another person has also found out it's Dr. bob's words!

also: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/paradox.asp tells us just what kinda person the author really was!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:42 am

Milarepa wrote:ahh, now i see your point! thanks for highlighting this!

You're quite right it seems bridget! Reading this with interest we can see that someone else has used very similar words...

http://www.trans4mind.com/counterpoint/moorehead.shtml

also the Dalai Lama is credited with it on youtube, but if you read some comments we can see at least another person has also found out it's Dr. bob's words!

also: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/paradox.asp

Exploring The Next Level of Healing;  heal others heal yourself 63216 I never knew whose words they were,
    now it makes sense to me a judgmental piece it
    was. It reminded me of the Cross and Passion
    missionaries that I grew up with. they were fire
    & brimstone. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

I hope your daughter does not have the missionaries
    to contend with. sunny

I haven't checked out snopes in along time. It pays off
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:01 am

chi_solas wrote:

to contend with. sunny

aww, she's looking forward to the whole thing. Besides we're all respectful & tolerant to each individual, so seeing any missionary is cool, Smile. My daughter told me tonight she wanted to do the communion to know God more. I reminded her that there's many ways to know God, and no one way is the only way, even though the folks in that 'club' might think so. she still wants to do it, and i've explained the church expects her to believe the wafer & wine is actually Jesus's body & blood via prayer, else there's no point doing it. Cause i've immense respect for all spiritual paths, it's not proper she'd enter this whilst not beleiving in the particualr teachings about this. So she's gonna think about that herself, as she's making all the decisions in it, right down to what she wears. she'll get from me tolerance of all paths, and different ways of interacting with God. Like i told her tonight, she's the boss of what way she does things, and even if she didn't want to believe in God that's up to her. I doubt she'll ever think like that, she's a big affinity for yoga, and Reiki, and some basic, yet not widespread spiritual truths (kind proud i am , her being an 8 year old), so she expereinces things often that verify things for her.

Take care
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

to contend with. sunny

aww, she's looking forward to the whole thing. Besides we're all respectful & tolerant to each individual, so seeing any missionary is cool, Smile. My daughter told me tonight she wanted to do the communion to know God more. I reminded her that there's many ways to know God, and no one way is the only way, even though the folks in that 'club' might think so. she still wants to do it, and i've explained the church expects her to believe the wafer & wine is actually Jesus's body & blood via prayer, else there's no point doing it. Cause i've immense respect for all spiritual paths, it's not proper she'd enter this whilst not beleiving in the particualr teachings about this. So she's gonna think about that herself, as she's making all the decisions in it, right down to what she wears. she'll get from me tolerance of all paths, and different ways of interacting with God. Like i told her tonight, she's the boss of what way she does things, and even if she didn't want to believe in God that's up to her. I doubt she'll ever think like that, she's a big affinity for yoga, and Reiki, and some basic, yet not widespread spiritual truths (kind proud i am , her being an 8 year old), so she expereinces things often that verify things for her.

Take care
    Wayne

I think I was about 7 when I made
    my conformation. Here in the US I
    think you have to be 12 years old.
    I don't remember being given a choice.
    If I was, I would have gone along with
    the grown ups just to please them. lol!
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:20 pm

thanks for the concept Wayne Smile

yes, Holy Quran has been memorized by thousands of muslims, word by word, syllable by syllable, and just for an important information Bridget, i have to say that we have a very practical system of keep the memorized-quran ever living in the minds/hearts of the people who have memorized it

you would be amzed to know that in the month of Holy Ramazan muslims have a special prayer just for this purpose.. after the day-long fasting is over, we have a one-hour long prayer or so, where the the person leading the prayer recites through his memory, one chapter of holy quran on daily basis, and among the people who follow him and listen to him, there are people who have memorized quran themselves too... so, whenever the leader of the prayer makes a mistake in reciting the quran through his memory, they promptly correct him....

quran has 30 chapters corresponding almost to 29 or 30 days of the lunar month of Ramazan... so this whole appratus ensures that if anyone has anything left out of memory in memorizaation of quran, he has the chance to get it corrected right away...

again an amazing fact that this appratus of reciting quran goes on across the world in innumerable mosques, and no two muslims will ever differ on one syllable or word of quran, as far as the text of quran is concerned....

so by all means, when we recite quran, we have feeling and an assurance that we are reciting exactly one which God has revealed as a Holy Book... nothing tempered, nothing changed...

itself, it is a very happy and healthy feeling Smile

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:15 pm

chi_solas wrote:

I think I was about 7 when I made
    my conformation. Here in the US I
    think you have to be 12 years old.
    I don't remember being given a choice.
    If I was, I would have gone along with
    the grown ups just to please them. lol!

I guess we're kinda lucky in a way. My partner isn't religious, or spiritual, and i was from a protestant background, so Lana (my daughter) has had complete freedom to make her own mind up. although her school is a catholic school, 50% of it is from other countries, etc that go, so any Christian practice is optional to all. As far as she's concerned, some folks in school are doing something to do with God, and she wants in! I really like that. I havn't a clue if she'll want to know God through catholicism, she knows that's up to her, but at the least she's beginning to experience spiritual activities. She's teaches herself Vedic stuff, and likes to talk to the Catholic Preist about my Reiki, and both our kids know how to use a mala in a basic way, so she's developing her own well rounded interests.

Take care
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:47 am

That's great that Lana is being
    given the exposure and freedom to
    choose and change her mind as she
    grows and learns new stuff. sunny
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:17 am

Salman it's wonderful when a religion
    makes you feel complete sunny

I grew up immersed in Catholism we had
    many prayers to memorize along with laws
    and rituals. We did get tested on our
    knowledge of the bible and religious laws
    of the vatican & we advanced and received
    the sacraments. Catholics also have to all
    be on the same page all prayers/laws have
    to be recited the exact same way word for
    word.

We have mosques here in the US and around
    noon time they are very active.

I have come to understand that I have innate
    power. It did not come from my religion. In
    fact I believe that it was stifled because
    of organized religion. I no longer follow
    man made religions. I follow my inner self.

I also understand that other folks believe in
    their religion as much I as I once did. I was
    very committed and devout since birth until I
    was about 33 years old.sunny
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:53 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Lambs-Wool wrote:

I think we're prob gonna agree on this buddy...

From my own albeit amateur research, i can see that spirituality & science actually say the same things, only in different ways. In fact, many religious texts are scientific documents themselves! I know the Holy Qu'ran mentioned something to do with conception that should only have been known via the use of microscope for instance. The exact thing escapes me at present, i read it as a young muslim about 14 years ago, hehe.

'spiritual elders'.....the wise men and women, saints, shamans, priestess of the old mystery schools, rishis, etc etc.........have been 'seeing' at a molecular level the energies and essences of the universe, way before 'science' was ever invented.... science simply validates what many spiritual elders have know for thousands of years....... Cool
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:55 am

I've read about Eric Pearl, seems like an interesting chap!! ( thought I had posted this once)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:58 am

quite true! it's so bloody obvious. Ya know, Einstein kept a copy of Madame Balvatsky's 'Secret doctrine' on his desk all his life. anyone familiar with her stuff would find this interesting.

Who's Eric pearl sharon?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:05 am

chi_solas wrote:

It's obvious, and great you're at a place that's good for you! If it's not too personal (it's cool if you dont wanna speak, Smile ), i'm curious as to what event (or events) empowered you to make the decisions you needed to, re: religion & spirituality.

I guess i get this from my degree, as it was initially about sociology. with you being so honest in your feelings of constraint, i'm genuinely interested in what 'set you free', Smile.

take care
    Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:51 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

It's obvious, and great you're at a place that's good for you! If it's not too personal (it's cool if you dont wanna speak, Smile ), i'm curious as to what event (or events) empowered you to make the decisions you needed to, re: religion & spirituality.

I guess i get this from my degree, as it was initially about sociology. with you being so honest in your feelings of constraint, i'm genuinely interested in what 'set you free', Smile.

take care
    Wayne

Wayne, i feel the the better phrase to use could have been 'what led you to make the decisions......'

since from the bent of mind Bridget is coming, i feel that the use of word 'empowered' may be taken as a rservation on one's freedom of choice on opting (or not opting) a religion Smile

and now generally on the ripples Bridget's take produces :
    ========================================================

its difficult to believe that even the ardent believers of a single religion would be exactly similar in their beliefs about that religion.... everyone experiences a religion in a quite a pesonalized way... although it might not be acceptable by a majority of religious devouts, but observing them, i feel convinced to say so..

and by the way, there is no harm if this principle holds good apart from personal feeling as well... like, divine signature in all of us, gets a personal clothing before appearing to our judgement, beliefs, following, etc. and there is quite a good point in this also... if divine was exactly alike for all the people in like manner, how would we have enjoyed the feeling of 'discovering' divinity in ourselves in the first place....

feeling divine, is, in a way, feeling a personalized version of our own divinity, a base-station, for where we then jump to non-personalized divinity as our perception of our ownselves gets refined, and rediscovered...

we always say we feel divine in ourselves, but i wonder how would it be true to rather say that we feel ourselves 'in divine' instead of feeling divine 'in ourselves'....

if Bridget allows me to infer what she has said in the quoted portion, i would have to say that it is seldom that we feel the real signature of God through religions, it is often that we testify religions when we have felt the real signature of God by experiencing it in our own way, without bearing, without rules.....

to some people, experiencing the feeling of divine, might be too interesting itself to not let them to go forward in reconciling what religion holds on that Smile

but of course, i may be abs. wrong in saying so about Bridgets' take, and for that i m sorry if i have said something not in alignment with your above feelings Bridget...

real congrats Wayne for bringing a very hard question on board in such a nice and lovely manner.... really adorable!

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:58 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:

Wayne, i feel the the better phrase to use could have been 'what led you to make the decisions......'

Bridget's made it clear in many topics of the constrained and controlled way she felt in Religion, which she felt for many decades. In speaking to her with the words i did i was reconqnising the way she felt, Smile.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:08 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    Lambs-Wool wrote:

Bridget's made it clear in many topics of the constrained and controlled way she felt in Religion, which she felt for many decades. In speaking to her with the words i did i was reconqnising the way she felt, Smile.

alright Smile i can understand this well now!

take care

Smile

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    'spiritual elders'.....the wise men and women, saints, shamans, priestess of the old mystery schools, rishis, etc etc.........have been 'seeing' at a molecular level the energies and essences of the universe, way before 'science' was ever invented.... science simply validates what many spiritual elders have know for thousands of years....... Cool

very right Sharon Smile i agree... and no doubt Usui Sensei was one of them !

take care

salman

Last edited by Milarepa on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing quote)
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:13 pm

I guess i get this from my degree, as it was initially about sociology. with you being so honest in your feelings of constraint, i'm genuinely interested in what 'set you free', Smile

Wayne,
    I would have to say that when the church
    began to change with the ecumenical movement
    back in the sixties a subtle questioning of
    why no more latin, its ok to eat meat on
    Friday's among many other changes that began
    to happen within. I began to question why do
    I have to be churched {A Purification rite.}
    after the birth of my children. Women could
    not be part of the church like men.

It was a guilt/shameful act to pull away from
    the church that I had been so faithful to. All
    its judgments/rituals embedded made it more
    difficult. It was a slow process and when it
    was my children's turn to make their confirmation
    at the age of twelve. They chose not to and that
    was fine with me. At this point I was beginning
    to see organized religion as a choice. I looked
    at the culture were I grew up and the attitudes
    that a child born into a family would worship in
    the same church as its parents. It seems to me
    that most cultures expect families to feed their
    off spring into the organized religion that dominates
    their country sunny

# Christianity: 2.1 billion
    # Islam: 1.5 billion
    # Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
    # Hinduism: 900 million
    # Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
    # Buddhism: 376 million
    # primal-indigenous: 300 million
    # African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
    # Sikhism: 23 million
    # Juche: 19 million
    # Spiritism: 15 million
    # Judaism: 14 million
    # Baha'i: 7 million
    # Jainism: 4.2 million
    # Shinto: 4 million
    # Cao Dai: 4 million
    # Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
    # Tenrikyo: 2 million
    # Neo-Paganism: 1 million
    # Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
    # Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
    # Scientology: 500 thousand
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 pm

What's "Juche"?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:25 am

It appears to me to be more
    political than religious. The
    people of Korea are bound by
    loyalty to Juche much the same
    as all religions. study

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 pm