Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
Shakti ~ Rising
vijaybali
chi_solas
Milarepa
8 posters

Is it 'my' Reiki?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Is it 'my' Reiki? Empty Is it 'my' Reiki?

Post by Milarepa Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:44 am

We all know those times when we speak, write, think about Reiki and that all too familiar warmth/tingling begins to form in our hands. Perhaps some of us also experience this around loved ones, or folks we feel some kinda connection to? Maybe even some of us might mention we experience this with strangers in the street? In all these expereinces they seem very spontaneous, and we could be forgiven for thinking that there's in fact some outside 'force' generating either for ourself or others. There's another explanation, which goes to the very core concept of what we, spiritually minded folks are all about...

Consciously, when we decide to create Reiki we wish it so in our minds, and then enact a technique. Part of the process is missing though. There must be something else going on that is enabling our intent to work in this way. Something is obviously happening sub-consciously. It's that that this post is focusing on.

What if this sub-conscious process was totally to do with us also? If we talk, write, think about Reiki are we not also doing something on a sub-conscious level? Of course! We're connecting to the Reiki expereince by the very actions we're doing.

That's all fine & well Wayne, but how come i feel the sensations around my loved ones, pets, etc? Easy. It's cause we feel love for them. Love's has long been known to greatly accentuate energy therapy, there's a clear connection.

"Ok, maybe, so how do you explain when i'm standing in the street and i feel these sensations also, with no-one around but strangers?". 'Spiritual progress' baby! Hehe. You're most likely (either that moment or on-going) have got rid of all your hang-ups and are expereincing a moment when you're realising in your core being of the connection you have to ALL beings! Next stop, realsing truely you are all beings. ding-ding, all aboard!

Reiki doesn't have to be 'gave' to us, or 'sent', or 'pulled' by some intelligent force. It can easily be all down to us and our own divinity. One last note, just cause we're having sensations, doesn't mean anyone else is, or should. I'm having them now, doesn't mean i should create Reiki for all reading this, Smile.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Is it 'my' Reiki? Empty Re: Is it 'my' Reiki?

Post by chi_solas Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:41 am

When you see others as your brother or sister
    on this big spinning earth-ship then you have
    truly connected with your spirituality as oneness.

You can allow your presence to go beyond your own
    aura boundaries and touch others with a smile and
    watch their reaction. Our eyes can do the same we
    do not just use our hands. My "Reiki" system uses
    the same Universal Life Force Energy as everyone
    else's. bounce sunny
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:35 pm

hai chi_solas,

lovely reply

keep it up

vj
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:23 am

vijaybali wrote:hai chi_solas,

lovely reply

keep it up

vj

thanks vj. I'd love to hear your thoughts
    you always have such insight sunny

There was a time in my young life when
    I was not at oneness with the universe
    It has taken a long journey to get to
    the place that I am at. Folks are looking
    for the savior or for some one to come
    along and make everything right. The hugging
    saint will tell people they have the capability
    to heal themselves. Yet people flock to her.
    Reiki practitioners are as capable as others
    to support natural healing.

Reiki doesn't have to be 'gave' to us, or 'sent', or 'pulled' by some intelligent force. It can easily be all down to us and our own divinity. One last note, just cause we're having sensations, doesn't mean anyone else is, or should. I'm having them now, doesn't mean i should create Reiki for all reading this, Smile.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:43 am

These experiences just reaffirm the fact that we don't 'need' the symbols to 'generate' Reiki...... Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:57 am

using the symbols enhance the
    presence of the power within
    us sunny
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:26 pm

ever offered Reiki without using the symbols and compared yours and the recipients experience?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:17 pm

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:These experiences just reaffirm the fact that we don't 'need' the symbols to 'generate' Reiki...... Very Happy

We don't need to 'draw' the symbols to experience Reiki. that's much different to we don't need the symbols to generate Reiki, imo. It's very topic related, if we don't see something we tend to assume it's not happening. What goes on sub-consciously is a major working in Reiki. Smile.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:ever offered Reiki without using the symbols and compared yours and the recipients experience?

There's loads of variables in this though. Depending on the client, and even the practitioners perspective. where the practitioner is in their acceptance/perception/understanding holds great effect. Going from experience. I initially felt that i could at will easily switch the different 'frequencies' of the symbols during treatmment (it initially was spontaneous) then I was lead to beleive by my Reiki peers that the symbols were'nt needed. So as i went along my Reiki journey the symbols actually literally felt they were getting in the way of the Reiki! They were obstructing it. So i know what you mean.

Then as i went further along the path, i realised there's , more to the symbols than i thought. I was discounting many of the answers to Reiki by setting aside the symbols. that much of the history, instructions, and knowledge of reiki is in them. with this came a change in perception, and it's key to Reiki. Something you & I resonate with is that if folks feel they need protection (possibly gettign attacked) then they'll view their reality like that. what you personally helped me with by your example was letting me see that you know for a fact divinity in the form of Reiki is enough. And it's true. Once i changed my perception, my Reiki world changed also. greater understanding of the depth of the stuff in the symbols also lead to greater depth of my perception, and experience in Reiki.

there's a key point i think you're underlying. The symbols aren't 'needed'. If we need something, latch onto it, then that ultimately gets in the way of things. If we go beyond that, surrender our 'need' for the symbols, then we can experience them with no attachment, so that even descriptive words like 'vital' don't carry the initial meaning most might attribute to it. It's sublties in spirituality that we know are hard to write about, but have to be experienced, Smile

another interesting thing is that during my Reiki path i've felt the route of Reiki take 3 seperate ways. It used to be via the crown, it used to by from the Seika tanden, now it's from neither, hehe. This has coincided with my on-going understanding of Reiki. so perception dictates what we think is happening in Reiki.

Take care
    Wayne
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:20 am

dear chi_solas,

thanks vj. I'd love to hear your thoughts
    you always have such insight sunny

sir it is your kindness and big heart and you are doing role of big brother on site to understand all friends view even may be i have lot English mistake but most of time you understand this... I am very oblige to you..

There was a time in my young life when
    I was not at oneness with the universe
    It has taken a long journey to get to
    the place that I am at. Folks are looking
    for the savior or for some one to come
    along and make everything right. The hugging
    saint will tell people they have the capability
    to heal themselves. Yet people flock to her.
    Reiki practitioners are as capable as others
    to support natural healing.

excellent i have no word to write anything on this but i feel all reiki people are saints in modern time without boundaries of religions and casts etc and they all are believing god is one and this concept only new very high level saint otherwise most of spiritual people are fighting for their superiority. So friends it is our duties work for truth not for drama of religion and cast and countries. You also explain same thing in your article.............

[/quote]

i agree with you, and i have my own example i had learnt reiki with lot of people and if i see know most of them left but i am merging in reiki more and more with my own experiences( or grace of god).So reiki is true path to taste true spirituality but on the way there are lot plus and minus but it is upto us how we utilized plus and how to save from minus.....

last thanks and regards for your big heart.

vj Edited 2/12/02 fix quotes
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:27 am

vj
    Please do not let your English stop
    you from posting your thoughts silent

The ego to become more superior does
    bring unsettled problems. There are
    times I have seen fighting on Reiki
    forums and often wondered do these
    folks really practice Reiki and it's
    5 principles. It's OK with me if we
    all practice different Reiki styles
    We are all reaching for the same healing
    spirit whether we use crystals,feathers
    Etc; Is it 'my' Reiki? 850837
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:23 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Shakti ~ Rising wrote:These experiences just reaffirm the fact that we don't 'need' the symbols to 'generate' Reiki...... Very Happy

We don't need to 'draw' the symbols to experience Reiki. that's much different to we don't need the symbols to generate Reiki, imo.

I agree with you, Wayne. I didn't experience the reiki frequencies being conducted through me before I saw the reiki master symbol in legible form. (I later went ahead with initiation and training from a teacher.)

Bruce
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:37 am

Bruce wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

We don't need to 'draw' the symbols to experience Reiki. that's much different to we don't need the symbols to generate Reiki, imo.

I agree with you, Wayne. I didn't experience the reiki frequencies being conducted through me before I saw the reiki master symbol in legible form. (I later went ahead with initiation and training from a teacher.)

Bruce

Most of us are visual learners.
    a = A plus the sound of ah....
    so it makes sense to have Reiki
    symbols that represent focus,
    harmony, time, connection,
    emotional empowerment plus the
    additional Japanese healing techniques
    that add balance to the system. It could
    be said that you don't need the symbols
    I find after being taught and initiated
    into the Reiki system, the symbols will
    always be part of empowering the Reiki
    healing process. Much like a pencil
    empowers an author to write sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:51 am

thanks for keeping this topic active Bridget & Bruce, Smile.

It's really significant what you said Bruce. In as much it comes from someone very familiar with energy therapy whom can also perceive it in ways others can't. You've mentioned before that you've noticed a 'difference' in Reiki & other modailities (i'm struggling to get the terms that are acceptable to us both, hehe).

So you perceive, as in see energy in a certain way. You saw the master symbol, but it was only when you went through the initiation (of which the symbols were part i assume), that the difference was expereinced. Outta curiousity, have you ever noticed or felt/saw the symbols active (in any way) during a Reiki experience in which you havn't actually drew them?

Take care
    Wayne
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:29 am

Milarepa wrote:thanks for keeping this topic active Bridget & Bruce, Smile.

It's really significant what you said Bruce. In as much it comes from someone very familiar with energy therapy whom can also perceive it in ways others can't. You've mentioned before that you've noticed a 'difference' in Reiki & other modailities (i'm struggling to get the terms that are acceptable to us both, hehe).

So you perceive, as in see energy in a certain way. You saw the master symbol, but it was only when you went through the initiation (of which the symbols were part i assume), that the difference was expereinced.

No, I saw and felt difference in reiki energy when I saw the master symbol in a form that was legible enough to be read.

I was later initiated, with symbols.

Outta curiousity, have you ever noticed or felt/saw the symbols active (in any way) during a Reiki experience in which you havn't actually drew them?

Take care
    Wayne

Before the above-mentioned experiences, I experienced feeling the spiral of the CKR symbol when somebody sent it over to me; she didn't physically draw it, but used intent to send it across a short distance (a couple of feet); when I commented on feeling a spiraling, she said that there's one reiki symbol that has that shape and she'd wanted to see if I would notice when she sent the symbol. (Edit: BTW, before she said that, I didn't know that reiki used symbols. I believe she was the first reiki practitioner with whom I talked about energies.)

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:40 am

Bruce wrote:

No, I saw and felt difference in reiki energy when I saw the master symbol in a form that was legible enough to be read.

I was later initiated, with symbols.

I'm finding this even more significant. Before you were even initiated, you had an expereince with the master symbol. Has this expereince/feeling ever been 'replicated' or similar post-initiation? I'm thinking, if you had an experience pre-initiation it may be put down to a possible one-off, but if you have had similar expereinces/feelings post-initiation there might be the possibility of tieing all in together. It might lend weight (for me personally) that the symbols themselves have power.

Bruce wrote:
    Before the above-mentioned experiences, I experienced feeling the spiral of the CKR symbol when somebody sent it over to me; she didn't physically draw it, but used intent to send it across a short distance (a couple of feet); when I commented on feeling a spiraling, she said that there's one reiki symbol that has that shape and she'd wanted to see if I would notice when she sent the symbol. (Edit: BTW, before she said that, I didn't know that reiki used symbols. I believe she was the first reiki practitioner with whom I talked about energies.)

Bruce

I'm so glad you've shared this! I'm getting more outta this topic than i hoped! We can see from your expereince, that the symbols don't have to be drew for them to be used, or actively expereinced.

I feel that when folks whom are initiated into symbols who then perform Reiju, are inaccurately believing that they're not using symbols. I'd go one step further than your expereince and suggest that if we are intending to pass on the Reiki ability, we sub-consciously activate the master symbol also. Likewise with absent healing. course we both know absent healing can happen in other modalities without symbols, though we gotta remember it's the platform of Reiki (with it's processes) that's of interest. So when we intend to absent heal, in a somewhat conscious non-effort way even, we're activating the distance symbol, which has became a part of us since initiation.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:48 am

Milarepa wrote:Before you were even initiated, you had an expereince with the master symbol. Has this expereince/feeling ever been 'replicated' or similar post-initiation?

The pre-initiation experience was a rush of energy that was overwhelming for about 20 minutes. I haven't had similar experience with reiki energy since then. Previous and subsequent experiences with other energies have sometimes verged on overwhelming.

I'm thinking, if you had an experience pre-initiation it may be put down to a possible one-off, but if you have had similar expereinces/feelings post-initiation there might be the possibility of tieing all in together. It might lend weight (for me personally) that the symbols themselves have power.

I don't doubt that the symbols are linked to power. As for the nature of that link? I don't know. The rush of energy came after I read the master symbol. Previously, I'd seen it printed illegibly, and there wasn't any energy.

Bruce

Last edited by Milarepa on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing quote)
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Interesting topic Wayne, an echo of the lovely thoughts you ve been constantly rippling in this community with Smile

symbols needed or not needed... "a question of fact" instead of a "question of Law" Smile

reiki, as i have sensed it, is the spiritual signature of Usui Sensei, it triggers a like one in us too... but that one is our own, our specific, our personal id of our own spirituality.... by a very generous note, Usui Sensei was very kind enough to 'hand over' the 'effects' of his spirituality to rest of the folks...

he invented symbols ? no, he didnt! but yes, he actually DID! he supercharged some characters, some symbols, some kanji characters to be 'programmed' with his spirituality... and this programming was aimed to sustain even after his death....

when we invoke symbols, what we do ? do we call the nascent powers of the symbols ? i doubt that... we actually invoke some channel that connects us to spirituality of Usui, symbols act as a bridge though... only since Usui had intended them to act as a bridging device.... had he not intended them to be so, symbols were already meant for spiritual things, but not for reiki...

so, symbols are needed, in a way to make us involved in the process... the feeling of 'we are doing something' greatly satisfies our ego... and so we feel that when we use symbols we have 'actively' done something to make the reiki flowing... having that said, symbols are doing something we dont care to realize... they are 'initiating' the bridge to Usui Sensei...

when we are connected to Usui, we are connected to a great force.... and then onward, our own spirituality gets triggered, our own healing energy (or whatever we can call them) come in swift action...

when we treat a patient, or give reiki to somebody, we are ourselves working like 'human symbols' Smile we are connecting the patient to a spiritual force that has a signature of Usui, and once connected, whatever healing occurs, is the result of that persons' own healing ability... although we are very proud of ourselves often, that we were the key reason to bring about that healing...

Connection is the key, we are being used as gadgets in the process.. but since we practitioners bring about the connection by using the 'connecting powers' of the symbols, all is a great apparatus in its own right too!

merit if i compare Usui's system to other spiritual systems too... in every part of the world, we find (or dont find) people who have been gifted with great spiritual attire... sects, religions, techniques aside... every spritual leader 'initiates' us into a system... what this intiation is ? does he pour something into our soul, does he feeds us with energies ? i think that might be a good thing to keep content with... but i dare say, he actually triggers our own faculties to something we were not previously cognizant of... a guru, a saint, a spiritual teacher... hands over the 'clues' to us (telling us or not) of how to approach and utilize what is already within us....

in doing so, the teacher, the guru, or whatever we call him, invents techniques, invents systems, etc. to make us feel 'included'... but these things are just to initiate us, not to complete us... we seldom get completed from outside, we get to completion within ourselves..

a famous quote from indian culture

"mann bheetar, mann murshad" (lit : guru lives within us)

but of course we need to get introduced to our inner guru only with the help of our outer guru...

homage, tribute and great respects for all the gurus! i have bowed neck for them, always !! Smile

take care

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:48 pm

and now, speicifically on your topic in focus Wayne Smile

Milarepa wrote:We all know those times when we speak, write, think about Reiki and that all too familiar warmth/tingling begins to form in our hands. Perhaps some of us also experience this around loved ones, or folks we feel some kinda connection to? Maybe even some of us might mention we experience this with strangers in the street? In all these expereinces they seem very spontaneous, and we could be forgiven for thinking that there's in fact some outside 'force' generating either for ourself or others.

without affecting the generality of the foregoing, i have to say that reiki process starts moments before our active or physical mind feels it has started... everyone here might have noticed it... the 'outside force' here, in my view, is our realization and the perception of the moment which is housed in state of connection... the moment we can approach the moment of connectedness, we can feel that we were already connected Smile

Milarepa wrote:
    There's another explanation, which goes to the very core concept of what we, spiritually minded folks are all about...

Consciously, when we decide to create Reiki we wish it so in our minds, and then enact a technique. Part of the process is missing though. There must be something else going on that is enabling our intent to work in this way. Something is obviously happening sub-consciously. It's that that this post is focusing on.

What if this sub-conscious process was totally to do with us also? If we talk, write, think about Reiki are we not also doing something on a sub-conscious level? Of course! We're connecting to the Reiki expereince by the very actions we're doing.

i have felt it by experience too.... i remember sharing on this site somewhere, that we draw powers not only from symbols but from the words, from experiences, from spiritual climate, from people's sharing, etc. etc. (and joining this with the views i have spoken in the previous reply, we would feel that all these actions are basically 'entraining' us to something else.. exactly, borrowing the concepts of QT here)...

so when we talk about reiki, we un-doubtfully experience reiki too... since we are already connected....

Milarepa wrote:
    That's all fine & well Wayne, but how come i feel the sensations around my loved ones, pets, etc? Easy. It's cause we feel love for them. Love's has long been known to greatly accentuate energy therapy, there's a clear connection.

"Ok, maybe, so how do you explain when i'm standing in the street and i feel these sensations also, with no-one around but strangers?". 'Spiritual progress' baby! Hehe. You're most likely (either that moment or on-going) have got rid of all your hang-ups and are expereincing a moment when you're realising in your core being of the connection you have to ALL beings! Next stop, realsing truely you are all beings. ding-ding, all aboard!

tbh, i'm not following exactly what you have said here Wayne.. but whatever i can understand is that you are probably referring to the phase of self-actualization (or some semblance ov it) in a state of self-actualization, we feel its only 'me' who exist, and all the other existence is infact a relative existence by virtue of our own existence...

obviously, such phrases are so 'ego-marked' at the apparent, but i can well feel, that a person who feels so has already has rid off un-necessary egotism to marr any false perception...

it seems quite contradictory, but it aint Smile

might not be off-topic to say here that when we start in spiriutality, we see the universe around us wiht our own eyes, and as we go along, a time comes when we start seeing universe (and also ourselves) with a newly-acquired set of universal eyes Wink

that moment we exactly know the 'realm' that has always been defining our boundaries, and why do we exactly know it ? since we have learnt how to see our realm by sitting outside it Basketball

Milarepa wrote:
    Reiki doesn't have to be 'gave' to us, or 'sent', or 'pulled' by some intelligent force. It can easily be all down to us and our own divinity.

sits well with the thought in my previous reply Smile

Milarepa wrote:
    One last note, just cause we're having sensations, doesn't mean anyone else is, or should. I'm having them now, doesn't mean i should create Reiki for all reading this, Smile.

i disagree Smile "all reading this" has to be categorized between those who have been initiated and those who have yet to be... for the former, 'reading this' is sure a moment of being reiki (actively or passively), and for the later, 'reading this' (might be) a moment of discovery Surprised

your 'warmest wishes' are warmly welcome dear Wayne Smile

take care bro

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:10 am

Hi buddy,

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

tbh, i'm not following exactly what you have said here Wayne..

What i'm suggesting is that something is going on within us in a sub-conscious way, which is why we feel Reiki sensations at spontaneous times. and that love and our spiritual progress is interconnected to this.

If we can begin to be open to the idea of things within Reiki going about in a sub-conscious way, it opens the possibility of many things happening which we aren't immediately aware of, Smile.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:
    One last note, just cause we're having sensations, doesn't mean anyone else is, or should. I'm having them now, doesn't mean i should create Reiki for all reading this, Smile.

i disagree Smile "all reading this" has to be categorized between those who have been initiated and those who have yet to be... for the former, 'reading this' is sure a moment of being reiki (actively or passively), and for the later, 'reading this' (might be) a moment of discovery Surprised

your 'warmest wishes' are warmly welcome dear Wayne Smile

take care bro

salman

I'm being mis-understood, Smile. Folks whom think it's ok to treat a stranger in the street (for example) with Reiki cause they feel sensations spontaneously in their hands is what i was referring to. My point being, just cause i'm feeling sensations in my hands right now, doesn't mean it's ok for me to treat you right now, or anyone else who may be readin this. Feelings sensations in our hands can mean many things, and an assumption doesn't make anything correct. Smile.

I wish id' more time to chat with your two great posts more buddy, but i'm opening a self defence school at the weekend so am pushed for time.

Take care
    Wayne

Last edited by Milarepa on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing quote)
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:38 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:ever offered Reiki without using the symbols and compared yours and the recipients experience?

I like to use lots of different things to raise the vibration and direct the energy, the symbols are wonderful we love the symbols & they give us the direct indication from the founder that this energy works in that manner and relates wonderfully to tools such as sacred text, in much the same way other healers work with sacred geometrics. It would be a common belief that he channeled every aspect of Reiki and the symbols were divinely passed onto him for exactly the purpose we use them. I thinks it’s just wonderful to experiment with many different thing as you channel, I learn every time I heal, I think one thing to sure the learning is as vast as the universe herself.
    many blessings Smile xxx
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:43 am

Hi Dharma,
    slightly off-topic, i think i read you're into crystals? I'm researching some stuff to do with erm, religion, anthropology, that kinda thing and a person spokje bout lapis lazuli. I've used it beofre, quite some time ago (for what i thought was to do with protection), but the documentary implied it was integral with spiritual development. I'm not really asking for the qualites it may have, but more have you had any cool expereinces/benefits with it?

Warmest wishes
    Wayne

P.S. if the chat develops i can split this topic for us, Smile.
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:48 am

Milarepa wrote:Hi Dharma,
    slightly off-topic, i think i read you're into crystals? I'm researching some stuff to do with erm, religion, anthropology, that kinda thing and a person spokje bout lapis lazuli. I've used it beofre, quite some time ago (for what i thought was to do with protection), but the documentary implied it was integral with spiritual development. I'm not really asking for the qualites it may have, but more have you had any cool expereinces/benefits with it?

Warmest wishes
    Wayne

P.S. if the chat develops i can split this topic for us, Smile.

It is a stone I have worked with a little, & I do find it quite magical crystal, it is said that it has been around since the dawn of time, when we think all that which a crystal can record how many secrets are held with these stones!….but also they help us to find our tongue, & bearing in mind our fascination with crystals since the dawn of our time… have such stones helped to develop our speech……

It is a wonderful aid to help connect with spirit to help make that connection with our guides, it somehow creates a bridge between realms, not that all guides have lived an earth bound existence, but for those that have, the familiar and ancient energy of the stone helps to bring a wonderful connection. Its wonderful to meditate with it will allow you to strengthen your intuition but remain grounded and leaving plenty space for your own opinions and analysis.

And yes it is a wonderful protector!
    I feel it to be a wonderful stone for you to work with.
    many blessings
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:18 am

Milarepa wrote:Hi buddy,

What i'm suggesting is that something is going on within us in a sub-conscious way, which is why we feel Reiki sensations at spontaneous times. and that love and our spiritual progress is interconnected to this.

If we can begin to be open to the idea of things within Reiki going about in a sub-conscious way, it opens the possibility of many things happening which we aren't immediately aware of, Smile.

well, interestingly, the term sub-conscious mind is more relevantly used by psychology folks rather than spirituality students... i have sometimes reservation with our commonly spoken term 'sub-conscious mind'... if it were taken in the meanings of a 'passive-mind' in contrast to our active/working mind, then its okay for me to import that stance here, but if we speak of sub-conscious mind as a seperate, intricate, distinct identity compared to our working/active mind, then i have to find reasons for that usage for myself Smile

the things which are not accessible readily by our active mind, have one category left to be placed within and that is "the unknown sphere", and it might not help us in spirituality if we keep sticking to the difference between unconcious mind and sub-conscious mind Smile for me, the better substitute might be something like universal mind, mass consciuosness, etc., etc., much after carl jung ! instead of freudian school.

Milarepa wrote:

I'm being mis-understood, Smile. Folks whom think it's ok to treat a stranger in the street (for example) with Reiki cause they feel sensations spontaneously in their hands is what i was referring to. My point being, just cause i'm feeling sensations in my hands right now, doesn't mean it's ok for me to treat you right now, or anyone else who may be readin this. Feelings sensations in our hands can mean many things, and an assumption doesn't make anything correct. Smile.

okay, returning to topic ( i m sorry for the dirvert Smile tbh), if we feel like warmth (of reiki) or something else for somebody completely stranger, it might be having multiple connotations... no doubt, it is sometimes a sign of supersensitivity ( pardon egotism) if we sometime feel like 'we should send reiki to somebody, since we feel that buddy needs it'... it might be so very true that that stranger might need that... and that our instincts were not misleading us in that sensation, but otherwise could be many other possibilities also...

referring to the bold portion of above quoted segment, we approach within our consciousness only a small portion of most realities, and the rest is sure happening on its own way... and i feel that there is quite a logic in our inability of not so sensing the metaphysical realities ab initio...

had humankind always been able to sense metaphysical, why and where would have been so phenomenal growth of our science Smile ??

take care Wayne

many wishes for the success of your new endavours buddy!

Smile

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:29 am

Just a quick note buddy, i gotta go out buy some new prayer bead.

Yeah, course i'm talking bout what goes on which we're not aware of, so it's fine to use whatever words feels best for you to describe it, Smile. Since when i create the expereince of Reiki a part of me is doing it consciously, i'm also suggesting (cause of the symbols being placed inside me & being active) that there's stuff going on i'm not consciously aware of. Something must pre-empt my conscious intent to enable that intent to manifest.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:04 pm

hmmm I need to com back here when sober and less spinny headed!! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 am