Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Does reiki Have a Buddhist Origin?

EzriReiki
    EzriReiki

Does reiki Have a Buddhist Origin? Empty Does reiki Have a Buddhist Origin?

Post by EzriReiki Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:55 am

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post this.

Here is a link to an article by Oliver Klatt who is the editor of the German-language publication "Reiki Magazin". The article "Does Reiki Have a Buddhist Origin? " is happily in English

http://www.einfach-nur-reiki.de/reiki/reiki-buddhist-origin.shtml

EZRI
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Does reiki Have a Buddhist Origin? Empty Re: Does reiki Have a Buddhist Origin?

Post by Milarepa Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:59 am

Hi Ezri, prob more in common with the research section, which is also about religious aspects. i'll move it for you in a sec, once i read this article.

Edit: I read over the article. Very well worte piece, professionally done at that. Many thanks for sharing. I'd disagree slightly with some things, but they're nothing to do with either the article (or this topics) purpose, so that's fine.

The author suggests that Reiki may have had infleunce from many different religions (?) & paths. It's something i've wrote about here a bit, i feel Usui sensei was more a follower of many religions, rather than one. He wouldn't have travelled widely, studied exceptionally, only to not be influenced by many things. I agree with his broader view on this.

I feel it's really important for Reiki (and i applaud Ezri for this topic) that it isn't allied with any single religious path. This invariably might lead to alienation of a large proportion of the world.

Nice to also see your poll being tied in with this article too, re: the inseperable nature of healing & spirituality.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:22 am

interesting read Thank you, whilst Reiki is not religious and should not be affiliated with any one religion, Usui did as we know study many spiritual and mystical paths and Buddhism was one of them, in some way as the founder of this system his energy is conectded to the energy that he then passed on.
    perhaps that is why he was chosen to be the founder of Reiki, a profound spiritual independent, imo you can truly feel the Buddhist connection within the energy that he passed on, if you choose to look for it.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:12 am

Dharma wrote:imo you can truly feel the Buddhist connection within the energy that he passed on, if you choose to look for it.

Could you explain more about that? Thanks.

Bruce
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:12 pm

Bruce wrote:
    Dharma wrote:imo you can truly feel the Buddhist connection within the energy that he passed on, if you choose to look for it.

Bruce

Hello my lovely
    well in very simple terms if one channels from the angelic realms we channel their energy not their being however an essence of their being will travel with the energy, that is how one if they have not already identified which angelic energy they channel will know, energy is energy, it can not leave the vessel without some trace of that said vessel.Hense when i channel Usui Reiki i hold a sense of the energy i pass on, and within that energy i have a sense of a buddhist energy.
    many blessings to you
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:00 am

Dharma wrote:
    Bruce wrote:

Bruce

Hello my lovely
    well in very simple terms if one channels from the angelic realms we channel their energy not their being however an essence of their being will travel with the energy, that is how one if they have not already identified which angelic energy they channel will know, energy is energy, it can not leave the vessel without some trace of that said vessel.Hense when i channel Usui Reiki i hold a sense of the energy i pass on, and within that energy i have a sense of a buddhist energy.
    many blessings to you

Hello, Dharma,

I'm trying to understand your reference to "a sense of a buddhist energy." When you sense the energy, what identifies it as buddhist? E.g., if it were accompanied by an image of the buddha Gautama Siddhartha, or if it had the sound of words from the Dhammapada or the Heart Sutra or the Lotus Sutra, then I'd understand why you perceive it as buddhist. But you referred to the energy as having the feel of a buddhist connection. If you can articulate it, what does that buddhist connection feel like? (Your answer might affect the responses that I give when people ask about reiki and religion.)

Thanks, again.

Bruce
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:21 am

My interpretation of what a Buddhist energy feels like to me would not really not help in your understanding of reiki and religion, what I feel and identify as a Buddhist energy is off course very personal to me, it is our ability to feel energy that makes us a healer, it is a path that is laid in front of us, it is if you wish my business to feel energy, when I teach I pass on not what I feel but encourage others to discover their own empathic abilities, what do you feel when you feel Reiki
    With much love and light
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:13 am

Dharma wrote:My interpretation of what a Buddhist energy feels like to me would not really not help in your understanding of reiki and religion, what I feel and identify as a Buddhist energy is off course very personal to me,

Well, I'm sorry that you're unable to describe it.

it is our ability to feel energy that makes us a healer,

It helps, but it's not a prerequisite. I've known a few people who've been able to generate a rather intense field but who said they didn't feel anything when they did it. Most healers that I've known do tend to work by "feel," although some rely on other sensory modes during particular techniques.

Take care.

Bruce
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Bruce my lovely their is a world of difference in being unable and choosing not too, we share when we feel safe and peaceful perhaps we can work on that.

all healers feel my lovely it is what makes them a healer, natural gentle empathic ability’s is what draws us to do the work we feel the pain and suffering of others, we feel the imbalance, we feel the clutter within the aura, whether we are truly awakened to this or not, and many can identify through our own pain and suffering, until we choose to step outside of our box. we rely on our all our senses and not just our empathic skill, to feel and know the energy in the way we spoke off takes many hours of healing many years, I know I still have far to go, but my lovely I could not think of any way to spend my life. Bruce im sending you {{Hugs}} with my peace love and light xxx
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:20 am

Dharma wrote:Bruce my lovely their is a world of difference in being unable and choosing not too, we share when we feel safe and peaceful perhaps we can work on that.

Well, then I'm sorry that you're unwilling to share clarification of what you meant by your declaration about feeling a buddhist connection within the reiki energy. And I hope that you'll attain a state of feeling safe and peaceful.

all healers feel my lovely it is what makes them a healer, natural gentle empathic ability’s is what draws us to do the work we feel the pain and suffering of others,

Empathy is a psychological recognition of the emotional state of another person. That's not necessarily the same as having a tactile/kinesthetic experience of energy, which is what I thought you meant when you referred to feeling energy.

we feel the imbalance, we feel the clutter within the aura, whether we are truly awakened to this or not, and many can identify through our own pain and suffering,

That's what NLP founders reference as pacing through the kinesthetic mode. And they don't recommend it for psychotherapists, because it can lead to emotional burnout. They also observe that pacing can occur in other sensory modalities.

until we choose to step outside of our box. we rely on our all our senses and not just our empathic skill, to feel and know the energy in the way we spoke off takes many hours of healing many years,

Again, some people who do healing don't have much experience of healing energies in a tactile or kinesthetic way. If you don't believe my earlier description, consider Richard Gordon's book Quantum Touch. He places heavy emphasis on using the kinesthetic mode to develop energy skills, but he acknowledges that some people (relatively few of them) don't feel the energy. Those people can nevertheless move it around. He believes that for those people, developing kinesthetic experience of the energy can yet be an acquired trait. (Obviously, they have an interest in healing, notwithstanding their not feeling the energy -- otherwise, they wouldn't have bothered to take the Quantum Touch course.)

I know I still have far to go, but my lovely I could not think of any way to spend my life.

Me too, FWIW.

Bruce im sending you {{Hugs}} with my peace love and light xxx

Take care, again, and still.

Bruce
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:46 am

my lovely you sound as if you have swallowed a book...what do you think
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:25 am

Dharma wrote:my lovely you sound as if you have swallowed a book...what do you think

"Swallowed a book?" I think I don't understand what that means.

Bruce
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:28 am

im thinking your smart id like to know what you think not what someone else thinks....

are all healers also empaths do we all at some level feel energy no matter the dimension it resides on
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:00 am

Dharma wrote:im thinking your smart id like to know what you think not what someone else thinks....

I've referred you to others' works because there's really no need to reinvent the wheel.

Now, when you ask,
    are all healers also empaths do we all at some level feel energy no matter the dimension it resides on

First of all, most people are "empathic"; they can recognize the emotional states that other people are experiencing. If they can't do so, then they're considered "autistic."

Second of all, being empathic doesn't mean having a tactile experience of energy. As I earlier noted both from my own experience and that of Richard Gordon, some people just don't have that tactile experience of subtle energies (like reiki). It doesn't mean that they don't recognize the emotional states that other people are experiencing. (Nor does it mean that autistic people don't have a tactile experience of subtle energy, but that's outside the scope of my experience.)

So I don't understand why you keep trying to tie the experience of feeling energy with the idea of being empathic. Have you ever considered that some people just access and process things using different sensory modes, and that a few of them don't use the mode that may be dominant for you in doing energy work?

Have you also considered that there are times when it's advantageous not to rely on feeling?

Bruce
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:31 am

Bruce wrote:
    Dharma wrote:im thinking your smart id like to know what you think not what someone else thinks....

I've referred you to others' works because there's really no need to reinvent the wheel.
    i like to hear from who it is im speaking to

Now, when you ask,

First of all, most people are "empathic"; they can recognize the emotional states that other people are experiencing. If they can't do so, then they're considered "autistic."

for sure

Bruce wrote:
    Second of all, being empathic doesn't mean having a tactile experience of energy. As I earlier noted both from my own experience and that of Richard Gordon, some people just don't have that tactile experience of subtle energies (like reiki). It doesn't mean that they don't recognize the emotional states that other people are experiencing. (Nor does it mean that autistic people don't have a tactile experience of subtle energy, but that's outside the scope of my experience.)

very true if we all have the abilty to connect to one another on that level we also all have the abilty to then connect with subtle energy no matter the source of that energy, from the outer aura to the divine inner core, we all have the abilty to connect with the heart of our universe and all that sails in her, with or without attunment.

Bruce wrote:
    So I don't understand why you keep trying to tie the experience of feeling energy with the idea of being empathic. Have you ever considered that some people just access and process things using different sensory modes, and that a few of them don't use the mode that may be dominant for you in doing energy work?
    am being a cheeky catalyst
    Have you also considered that there are times when it's advantageous not to rely on feeling?
    Bruce

Ha for sure my lovely..............

many blessings to you
    ps get a pic!

Last edited by Colin on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed quotes)
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:26 am

Hey, I was wondering about that! Glad I checked here first,

So, It is NOT a Buddhist practice, Does NOT have a Buddhist ORIGIN,
    No shades of RELIGION at all... and It is NOT a religious practice in the first place,

more of a therapeutic practice based on science magic!
    Just checking if I understood,
    Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:34 am

Helloo Stranger!!!!! heart smiley
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:44 am

Milarepa wrote:Helloo Stranger!!!!! heart smiley

Hello " Always-there-Person " ,
    Thank you for your friendship, encouragement and kindness!!

beat
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:06 am

it's great to see you back again. now bring some of that wacky happiness ya got!
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:14 am

Milarepa wrote:it's great to see you back again. now bring some of that wacky happiness ya got!

bounce
    More coffee on the pot, working on it....

Does reiki Have a Buddhist Origin? 158903

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:11 am