Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
EzriReiki
Milarepa
Lambs-Wool
7 posters

Rationale of having "levels" within reiki ?

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Rationale of having "levels" within reiki ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rationale of having "levels" within reiki ?

Post by Colin Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:34 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:taking analogy for such day to day examples, we are somehow arriving at a thought that if a master initiates for DKM in level one, the person IS initiated, technically speaking, althought the intention of the master was something not this one.... ?

what i sort of conclude that our intention is supplemental to true working of symbols, and no way overriding upon them in the way we might experiment to choose ?

take care

salman

Wise words Salman - as usual! Smile

I think your views are very close to mine!

We hear and read about people being "attuned to Reiki", "attuned to Level 1", "attuned to Level whatever" and also that "Reiki 2 allows you to channel 50% more Reiki" but does this really make any sense?

As Usui sensei realised when he had his experience on Mt Kurama: "I am in the Universe and the Universe is in me!" and Mrs Takata said that the "true energy" is within at "the bottom of the stomach about 2 inches below the navel."

Usui also said that: "Every being has healing power. Plants, trees, animals, fish and insects but especially a human, as pinnacle of creation, has a remarkable power. Usui Reiki Ryoho has appeared to make use of the healing power that humans have".

This would indicate that we all already have the power/energy/Reiki within us - we are not being attuned to anything external. In my view, the levels of Reiki and the Reiki symbols are external things, so we are not being attuned to a particular Reiki level or any particular symbols. However, the use of symbols (in various ways)in the initiation ceremony is important for the purpose of helping a student become conscious of the power/energy/Reiki within and help remove any psychological blocks to using that power/energy/Reiki.

The symbols are also part of the actual system of Usui which enables us to use, in specific ways, what we have become conscious of. However, the symbols themselves transcend the levels of Reiki.

The levels of Reiki are there to give some structure to what is taught to students so that they may progress at their own pace, without having to take in everything at once. How those levels are divided and what is in each level has become fairly standardized but it was not always so and the number of levels has changed a number of times since Usui's system was first taught.

There were no fixed time limits between the levels. Usui sensei said he would teach Okuden "to people who have learned Shoden, who are good students, well behaved, moral, honest and enthusiastic".

Due to distance, expense and other commitments, Chujiro Hayashi often taught Shoden and Okuden over five consecutive days when he was travelling round Japan teaching.

The real way to progress in Reiki is to practice what you have been taught so far, whether that is Shoden only or Shoden and Okuden over a few days (or, dare I say it, all three levels together!). The more techniques you have been taught, the longer it will take for you to fully experience what each technique has to offer.

To my mind, this is the really important period where there needs to be a time to reflect on and practice what you have learned, before taking the next step and deciding to teach others (or attending a Shinpiden or a Teacher course). Of course, teaching is not everyone's cup of tea and not everyone wants to go on and teach, which is fine because Shoden is all you need to practice Reiki in the majority of cases, with Okuden giving you some extra tools and techniques to help you offer a wider range of help. Shinpiden gives you a deeper understanding of the spiritual nature of Reiki and how to pass the Reiki experience on to others.

Back to attunements though. I think that once a student has received the first four attunements at Shoden (or Level 1) they are now aware of the Reiki within them and become able to use it, thanks to the initiation procedure, however it was done. Initiations at other levels may only re-enforce students consciousness of Reiki within, with the symbols emphasizing certain aspects of that consciousness and allowing a deeper expereince of the techniques using those symbols.

They also have the ability to use any of the techniques they have been taught but, not only that, they would also be able to use any of the techniques that they learn about themselves. Although, the degree of understanding and/or effectiveness of techniques would depend on the information they have found and how well they have understood that information. As we all know, reading from a book or website (or even watching a video) is really no substitute for learning in person from a teacher who has actual experience and knowledge of what he/she is teaching.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Rationale of having "levels" within reiki ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rationale of having "levels" within reiki ?

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Dear Colin Smile

Colin wrote:
    I think your views are very close to mine!

i m in the process of being 'entrained' when i m talking with personalities like you are sir Smile

Colin wrote:
    We hear and read about people being "attuned to Reiki", "attuned to Level 1", "attuned to Level whatever" and also that

"Reiki 2 allows you to channel 50% more Reiki" but does this really make any sense?

although it does not Smile but at least it sometimes serves good in creating a mental imagery of what we are doing in reiki...

it is a good help when people begin their path in reiki (but equally more hazardous, if they stick to what they started with

Smile )

Colin wrote:
    As Usui sensei realised when he had his experience on Mt Kurama: "I am in the Universe and the Universe is in me!" and Mrs

Takata said that the "true energy" is within at "the bottom of the stomach about 2 inches below the navel."

Usui also said that: "Every being has healing power. Plants, trees, animals, fish and insects but especially a human, as

pinnacle of creation, has a remarkable power. Usui Reiki Ryoho has appeared to make use of the healing power that humans

have".

well, personal healing potential vis-a-vis reiki empowerment is a very interesting subject to study and keep discussin about

Smile

i remember you were so kind to guide me on some points when we discussed the concepts 'being reiki' in bebo days.... and i

always carry a sweet memory of your thoughts expressed with a spontaniety of maturity and zeal alike...

on the particular, what i feel that if we say we borrow healing power from reiki, it might not appear convincing to my

thinking... and equally if we say that reiki enables us to utilize our own healing potential all the time, this could be the

other extreme..

when we are in reiki, we are in contact with a continuous 'signalling system' started by Usui Sensei and later handed down

to us through the lineage bearers... that system is constantly there, and keeps on triggering our own system without stops...

reiki is something (pardon my big words Colin Smile ) that ignites a reciproacting response in us... opens our own energy

channels, improves our innate healing ability, and the sumtotal is what we say "reiki has a healing power"... if we go by

results, reiki sure has, if we go by the mechanism reiki enables us to do healing.....

a reason that i sometime vouch for 'permission within reiki' is also based on this fact... when we seek permission to do

reiki for somebody, we are not seeking permission rather in that act of giving permission, that buddy is conciously or

unconciously opening up his healing potential to be in tune with what reiki will do with them once in action...

but interesting thing is that even when we dont seek permission and give reiki anyways, the effects are still seen, and that

buddy can later endorse that he 'had' felt soemthing on that particular moment... this is where we feel that our picture and

explanation about reiki is half-complete... and we strive to find more onwards...

thats why reiki is continuous path, and learning is never completed in reiki Smile

Colin wrote:
    This would indicate that we all already have the power/energy/Reiki within us - we are not being attuned to anything

external.

yes, we have power and energy within us, but perhaps not reiki Smile the initiation gives us a mandate to access what Usui was

blessed with, and when we access it, we consciously or unconciously, knowing or unnkowingly, we revert to our own energy,

with a difference that our utilization potential has enhanced...

but seeing it in a way that reiki is 'external' to us, might also be not correct imo.. having reiki means we are having a

link to Usui's spirituality, as per the mandate he coiled in the symbols, but what his spirituality does to us per se ? i

feel, our divinity, our personalized spirituality tries to entrain with Usui's, and thus enhances itself manifold, and when

the sprirituality is triggered, the healing comes naturally along

indeed, when we try to see reiki as a helaing energy, or a healing modality, we might be taking only the half picture...

spirituality is akin to healing, but healing isnt not always akin to spiriutality... if we try to explain reiki as a healing

energy, this is mind boggling (to me at least Smile ), but if i try to explain reiki as sprituality and then healing through

this, this makes my life easy Smile

oh, i sound too authoritative here Smile let me be saved of this by floating your comments right away!

Colin wrote:

In my view, the levels of Reiki and the Reiki symbols are external things, so we are not being attuned to a particular Reiki

level or any particular symbols. However, the use of symbols (in various ways)in the initiation ceremony is important for the

purpose of helping a student become conscious of the power/energy/Reiki within and help remove any psychological blocks to

using that power/energy/Reiki.

initiation makes reiki accessible to a student, but not consiciously available immediately, since this comes with gradual

practice... we hear that with practice reiki flow has become better, reiki is channeled in 'bigger' amounts, etc. i feel this

is an 'over-simplified' version of whats actually going on Smile my views are that as we keep on practicing reiki, we are

transferring the already accessible reiki to consciously accessible reiki Smile the increased in flow of reiki can be taken in

terms of incremental awareness on our part of what we had from the day one of our initiation...

once you explained something called toitsu (i dont readily remember the phrase though) in which we practice enhancing our

perception of energy in focussed areas of our body... i feel that while praticing reiki more and more, we are doing the same

with reiki too, the difference being that we are not only gaining incremental perception of the existence of (energy) but

also of our spiritual presence, something that includes the former too Smile

Colin wrote:

.........however, the symbols themselves transcend the levels of Reiki.

i feel the same Colin Smile sometimes when we have sort of 'graded' the system like first one is CKR, the Second (better ? ) one

is SHK, and then HSZSN, and so on, this might be just our categorization... what i feel is that HSZSN is the first symbol

always.. it is the basis of connection, and therefore the basis of reiki too... that it is taught or initiated in level 2,

does not necessarily mean that it comes after CKR or SHK always (although, in initiations, it runs so..)

and logically speaking, once connection is not there, what is CKR supposed to 'boost' ? Smile

the beauty of discussions about reiki also rests in the fact that sometimes we open mouth with 'big' suppositions, which

invariably we have not tested in our self-lab, but once we have spoken about them loud, their visible analysis on our

conscious and unconcious levels becomes more profound, more deep ! Smile

Colin wrote:

The levels of Reiki are there to give some structure to what is taught to students so that they may progress at their own

pace, without having to take in everything at once. How those levels are divided and what is in each level has become fairly

standardized but it was not always so and the number of levels has changed a number of times since Usui's system was first

taught.

There were no fixed time limits between the levels. Usui sensei said he would teach Okuden "to people who have learned

Shoden, who are good students, well behaved, moral, honest and enthusiastic".

since others have echoed with the same 'logic' of having levels within reiki, i find it as a consensus therefore Smile

like rome was not built in a day, reiki needs to be ingrined in us gradually, slowly and beautifully!

Colin wrote:
    Due to distance, expense and other commitments, Chujiro Hayashi often taught Shoden and Okuden over five consecutive days

when he was travelling round Japan teaching.

The real way to progress in Reiki is to practice what you have been taught so far, whether that is Shoden only or Shoden and

Okuden over a few days (or, dare I say it, all three levels together!). The more techniques you have been taught, the longer

it will take for you to fully experience what each technique has to offer.

thats brilliant Colin Smile this should be in our minds to save ourselves from something 'spiritual materialism' Smile

Colin wrote:
    To my mind, this is the really important period where there needs to be a time to reflect on and practice what you have

learned, before taking the next step and deciding to teach others (or attending a Shinpiden or a Teacher course). Of course,

teaching is not everyone's cup of tea and not everyone wants to go on and teach, which is fine because Shoden is all you need

to practice Reiki in the majority of cases, with Okuden giving you some extra tools and techniques to help you offer a wider

range of help. Shinpiden gives you a deeper understanding of the spiritual nature of Reiki and how to pass the Reiki

experience on to others.

well, it might be something to consider again that can we merge level one and level two ? and technically speaking when we

offer level 1 and level 2 on consecutive days, is it 'equivalent' of merging the two levels ?

having said so many things about the 'rationale' of having levels one and two, is there any rationale of merging the two too

Smile ??

and again the following words have an answer already :

Colin wrote:

Back to attunements though. I think that once a student has received the first four attunements at Shoden (or Level 1) they

are now aware of the Reiki within them and become able to use it, thanks to the initiation procedure, however it was done.

Initiations at other levels may only re-enforce students consciousness of Reiki within, with the symbols emphasizing certain

aspects of that consciousness and allowing a deeper expereince of the techniques using those symbols.

Colin wrote:
    They also have the ability to use any of the techniques they have been taught but, not only that, they would also be able to

use any of the techniques that they learn about themselves.

and on the same notes, a student, on becoming master, then might be able to 'relay' the things he has personally discovered,

when he initiates others ?

it is a big question, imo Smile what we have been lately discussing here on RLL is somewhat a concept that people making up the

lineage ladder, also keep on adding to it down to next member !

take care Smile

salman

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:38 pm