Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Gokai, Sufism, Mainstream Reiki and "Sufi Reiki"---how things fit in ?

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Gokai, Sufism, Mainstream Reiki and "Sufi Reiki"---how things fit in ? Empty Gokai, Sufism, Mainstream Reiki and "Sufi Reiki"---how things fit in ?

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 pm

hi friends Smile

there are various websites giving information about attunements and training in something called "sufi Reiki"... a cursory googling will bring up some of them instantly...

What Sufi Reiki is ? any first hand information/ experience by somebody here who has had the opportunity of finding what that thing is about ?

from my knowledge about muslim background, i venture to say something :
    the word 'sufi' is categorized for muslim mystics and saints... a sufi is commonly understood as somebody who has somehow dedicated his life to live by spiritual principles of islam...

there are several lineages of sufi/mystics in islam which run back in a ladder formation to very high-level founders of such lineages... a person is initiated within a lineage and is given a spiritual permission from the upper lineage bearer for his inclusion within the lineage... the act of allowing spiritual permission does not run through any symbols, rather it runs on the personal empowerment mandate of the person/guru initiating a disciple..

once a disciple is initiated, he is taught to imbibe ceratin golden principles in his personality... the foremost of which are truth, honest livlihood, respect, and service... while he progresses along these principles, he is taught certain practices to open him energetically to more awareness... he is taught different mantras (zikr), different breathing techniques (anfaas), meditations (chilla/muraqabah), etc....

along the way, when he is ready, attention is focussed to his chakra system... we call them 'latifa' (plural : lataeef).... instead of using the term 'aligning' we use the term 'running' the chakra(lateefa), which technically is the same...

the most important of Sufi systems is that the primary intention is to create a persoanlity who has a spiritual integrity, entwined in divine love, respect of elders, tolerance, service, and noble gestures to all, irrespective of creed, caste, sex, religion, etc. the practices(mantras, breathing,meditations) are not meant for their excellence per se, rather they are meant to provide a suitable personal environment for these principles to get deep roots within the disciple... the emphasis is always on the principles of personality and not to attain a mastership in any specific practice... a person becomes a sufi, when he lives by principles, and not when he has mastered a particular practice(s)...

when we compare muslim mysticism with Usui Shiki Ryoho, we find amazing similarities... not talking in terms of superiority of one on another, but i honestly say that both systems follow a central vein, religion aside... those who have practiced reiki for a while, often have a heart-felt feeling that Usui Shiki Ryoho is not complete without Gokai, and that the position of Gokai is such central to the system, that benefits of the system cannot be felt unless they are classed within guidelines of spiritual climate dictated by Gokai...

and now we have this thing called Sufi Reiki Smile

i have to study what do they say, and maybe contacting some of the folks who offer sufi reiki, just in order to find out, what 'extra' they pour into the system of sufism+reiki..

we'd have to find out what symbols they use for initiations.. do they use Usui symbols plus other symbols or just other symbols in exclusion of Usui symbols.. as far as my knowledge permits, there is no concept of 'initiation with symbols' within tranditional sufism... rather initiation is based on the 'spiritual discretion' of a lineage holder that is imparted on one-to-one basis instead of 'blanket approval' floated through empowerment of symbols to be used next by anyone down the lineage..

secondly, i may say after a very careful analysis, and i m afraid i may be called 'disrespectful' but i need to say that sometimes we try to sorta 'islamize' certain things which we find beneficial in other cultures... we'll have to see if sufi reiki is merely an attempt towards that ?

i find support for this thought, since if Usui Shiki Ryoho is practiced as a spiritual system, we are already gifted with enough faculties that would help us in our pursuit in sufism, if we so choose, then how and why to invent a further style called "sufi Reiki" ??

interested in thoughts and views please...

take care

Smile

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Gokai, Sufism, Mainstream Reiki and "Sufi Reiki"---how things fit in ? Empty Re: Gokai, Sufism, Mainstream Reiki and "Sufi Reiki"---how things fit in ?

Post by Milarepa Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi buddy,
    Yeah, it's hard to see exactly what sufi Reiki actually offer, until some training is donw of course. I'd thought about taking the training for a couple years now. my affinity with Islam attacts me. I was glad to see that in-person training can be done in wales, which isn't too far from me really. So maybe i'd try level 1 via distance, see the content, and maybe go visit. Just out of sheer curiousity.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    tts2086
    tts2086
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Gokai, Sufism, Mainstream Reiki and "Sufi Reiki"---how things fit in ? Empty Re: Gokai, Sufism, Mainstream Reiki and "Sufi Reiki"---how things fit in ?

Post by tts2086 Tue May 11, 2010 3:59 am

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue May 11, 2010 5:03 pm

tts2086 wrote:www.sufireiki.org

thanks for the link buddy Smile and welcome joining in here!

i had been through the website you referred a while earlier, and one of the reasons of the topic was this website too...

what we are interested, albeit going for sufi reiki initiations some day, is that how your experience goes with these initiations...

please share something, that we know, would be very valuable...

what other styles you were taught in besides sufi reiki... and how do you compare sufi reiki with other styles, in a way, that how initiations are carried out, which symbols are used, and i noticed there are seven levels, which incorporate chkara alignment too... (the name is of course 'lataa'eef')...

we all are particularly looking for a first-hand epxerience Smile

take care

salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 pm