Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Colin
chi_solas
LightBody
7 posters

Does Reiki Cure or Does Reiki Heal?

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does Reiki Cure or Does Reiki Heal? Empty Does Reiki Cure or Does Reiki Heal?

Post by LightBody Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 am

Since Reiki began to grow in popularity in the 1970's, it has largely been a spiritual and somewhat religious practice that was believed to cure a person from any illness, and in one story even raise a person from the dead (since that story and time there have been no documented cases of the dead being raised as a result of a Reiki treatment that I am aware of). In 2003, Reiki author and teacher William Rand experienced a heart attack, and in 2009 Reiki teacher Phyllis Lei Furomoto, the daughter of Hawayo Takata (the person who is largely responsible for introducing Reiki to the West, who claimed that Reiki cured her of a terminal illness, and who Reiki author Helen Haberly wrote that Reiki raised from the dead) began Chemo and Radiation therapy for breast cancer. It can no longer be said or believed that Reiki cures illness.

How do you feel the illnesses manifest in the teachers who have brought Reiki into the modern era affects the overall practice of Reiki?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does Reiki Cure or Does Reiki Heal? Empty Re: Does Reiki Cure or Does Reiki Heal?

Post by chi_solas Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:25 am

I never use the word cure I don't know why affraid

I do talk about my healing journey.
    and I feel that it is ongoing. Should
    I go back to life as I use to know it
    I would probably find my health reversing
    to dis-ease. scratch

I could say I'm cured as long as I follow
    a certain healthy routine. There's got to
    be different/strong opinions out there
    about cure vs healing or healing vs cure Does Reiki Cure or Does Reiki Heal? 850837

P.S. I never heard of Reiki until I set out on
    my healing journey flower
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Does Reiki Cure or Does Reiki Heal? Empty Re: Does Reiki Cure or Does Reiki Heal?

Post by Colin Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:00 am

Buck wrote:Since Reiki began to grow in popularity in the 1970's, it has largely been a spiritual and somewhat religious practice that was believed to cure a person from any illness, and in one story even raise a person from the dead (since that story and time there have been no documented cases of the dead being raised as a result of a Reiki treatment that I am aware of). In 2003, Reiki author and teacher William Rand experienced a heart attack, and in 2009 Reiki teacher Phyllis Lei Furomoto, the daughter of Hawayo Takata (the person who is largely responsible for introducing Reiki to the West, who claimed that Reiki cured her of a terminal illness, and who Reiki author Helen Haberly wrote that Reiki raised from the dead) began Chemo and Radiation therapy for breast cancer. It can no longer be said or believed that Reiki cures illness.

How do you feel the illnesses manifest in the teachers who have brought Reiki into the modern era affects the overall practice of Reiki?

Mad
    I just typed a quite long and detailed reply to this but when I tried to post it , it said I was no longer logged in and when I logged in I lost it! Mad

I've lost the detail of what I was going to say but this gist was:

Reiki practitioners are humans and the incidence of serious diseases such as heart problems and cancer are increasing so it is more likely that we will se hig profile people contract such conditions.

A contributing factor to the increase in these diseases is the fact that most of us are not able to control our environment and/or our diet. most of us are subject to an increasing amount of pollutants of various kinds in our environment (including electromagnetic energy from cell phones, computers etc.) and additives in our food and drink. Also, many of us are subject to increased levels of sustained stress at work and even at home. Our body's natural homeostatic and repair mechanisms have become less able to cope because of this and we even seek to suppress these mechanisms when we take various "medicines" and "remedies" to get rid of symptoms which are actually often our body's way of removing these pollutants.

Reiki tries to bring balance back to a system which has become out of balance but, unless we can remove ourselves from the sources of the imbalances (e.g. pollutants and stress), the imbalances and hence the symptoms and diseases are going to return.
    This is obviously not practical for most people, who live "normal" lives.

The other thing is that many people today think that a one-off or once-a-week one hour Reiki session is sufficient to bring complete balance back. This may be true for acute conditions where the imbalance has occurred over a short period of time but serious diseases like heart disease and cancer have usually developed over a long period of time. When we read the healing stories of Hawayo Takata, Chiyoko Yamaguchi and Shou Matsui (another student of Chujiro Hayashi) we find that in order for them to have success in treating serious diseases they usually gave Reiki on a daily basis for as long as they could over several consecutive days or even weeks!

I too would never say that Reiki "cures" anything. Reiki can help a person to return to a state of balance and wholeness (the true meaning of the world "healing") but only if it is not used as a sticking plaster (band-aid). Also, the state of balance can only be maintained by avoiding the sources of imbalance which has become increasingly difficult for most people today.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Colin, I read that in Helen Haberly's
    book. There have been cases like this
    reported here in the US and probably
    other countries. It is called the
    Lazarus Syndrome, a rare condition where
    the heart rate and breathing drop below
    measurable levels before returning Sleep
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Does Reiki Cure or Does Reiki Heal? Empty tx

Post by vijaybali Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:08 am

dear Colin, friends.

A contributing factor to the increase in these diseases is the fact that most of us are not able to control our environment and/or our diet. most of us are subject to an increasing amount of pollutants of various kinds in our environment (including electromagnetic energy from cell phones, computers etc.) and additives in our food and drink. Also, many of us are subject to increased levels of sustained stress at work and even at home. Our body's natural homeostatic and repair mechanisms have become less able to cope because of this and we even seek to suppress these mechanisms when we take various "medicines" and "remedies" to get rid of symptoms which are actually often our body's way of removing these pollutants.

you are right....

In short i can say all diseases which come our body take long journey and lot of reason not only environment and habit there lot more reason who created such atmosphere where person start to take such thing or bring such thoughts who welcome diseases.

for example if everybody see own life and think why we are in reiki field because we
    have no plan in the beginning of life but automatically it comes our life and become part of our life what is this it is karma or another sense it is our back life karma
    who bring this and it is said in hindu ( not take as a religion ) spiritual book every person start own religious journey same point where he left last life and i feel so,, otherwise i have no program to work on reiki it all come as blessing.

So same last life karma create such situation which created diseases.

Now role of reiki, reiki has power to cure all this but it can help when our body part is working well and we have enough time to cure or heal, this it is same if our car got accident but it has not major problem we can rectify but if car engine burnout we cannot do anything only save life. In body situation we are same when our body is not condition to save than our soul come out body without any pain other thing to start another journey But it is not mean reiki not worked it worked but different level which we cannot understand this small mind and that realm of soul not mind.

at last all dieses which come our body it takes six month to entered our body so if anybody working with reiki it can cured it but now you can asked why our reiki master not saved for heart attack it again depend negative power of back life karma.
    Some karma continue sending negative for such karma we required to work continue not one shift or two shift etc

If i discuss on this it is very very big article so i am finishing now pls not mind
    my English just try to understand what i am going to share....

thanks, love and regards.
    vj[/quote]

Quotes scratch Edited by Bridget 4/1
    aronaya
    aronaya

Post by aronaya Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:40 am

Reiki is a powerful tool in our healing toolkit, however it does not make us immortal, and I'm not aware of any claims that it does so. Sooner or later, death comes for us all.

That being said, it would be interesting to compare mortality or longevity statistics between practitioners and non-practitioners.

Exercise and good diet probably have an impact as well.

And two great points from Colin, about our toxic environment, and the historically much longer courses of Reiki treatment that had deeper impact.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:19 pm

I have found that my fellow practitioners
    usually get less colds ect. They do eat
    healthy and are involved in other
    alternatives such as Yoga and contributing
    to the environment through re-cycling and
    limiting the use of plastic whenever possible,
    buying detergents, household products ect;
    that are not harmful to the waterways wildlife,
    being a good role model to others when they
    implement the Reiki principles into their
    daily lives. Creating balance & harmony all
    around sunny
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Colin wrote:
    A contributing factor to the increase in these diseases is the fact that most of us are not able to control our environment and/or our diet.

I feel that it is most will not control their environment... the tools are there for us to do so.

Colin wrote:
    most of us are subject to an increasing amount of pollutants of various kinds in our environment (including electromagnetic energy from cell phones, computers etc.)

In my opinion, our planet has been bombarded with such energies since it came into existence. If electromagnetic energies from cell phones and computers were harmful as they are promoted to be in some communities, it would be obvious and not debated. What we have seen since their arrival is an expansion of consciousness, so I feel it's better to argue that the energies they radiate are helping expand our awareness/energies as spiritual beings.

Colin wrote:
    most of us are subject to an increasing amount of pollutants ... and additives in our food and drink.

I agree that the additives are completely harmful to our bodies, and especially our brains. I feel fortunate that I live in San Francisco have have access to inexpensive organic foods.

Colin wrote:
    Our body's natural homeostatic and repair mechanisms have become less able to cope because of this and we even seek to suppress these mechanisms when we take various "medicines" and "remedies" to get rid of symptoms which are actually often our body's way of removing these pollutants.

I agree that's a big problem that needs to be suppressed. I hope that we see a greater integration of East/West medicine theories and techniques. Traditional Chinese Medicine treats the cause of the disease, while Western Allopathic Medicine treats the symptom (either by suppressing it or removing the part altogether).

Colin wrote:
    Reiki tries to bring balance back to a system which has become out of balance but, unless we can remove ourselves from the sources of the imbalances (e.g. pollutants and stress), the imbalances and hence the symptoms and diseases are going to return. This is obviously not practical for most people, who live "normal" lives.

I don't believe it's a matter of removing ourselves from the imbalances, but rather moderating the use thereof. Dr. Campbell, author of The China Study, labels many Western diseases as Diseases of Affluence. A Disease of Affluence is simply a disease caused by an overdose of whatever nutritional item, be it protein or something else.

Colin wrote:
    The other thing is that many people today think that a one-off or once-a-week one hour Reiki session is sufficient to bring complete balance back. This may be true for acute conditions where the imbalance has occurred over a short period of time but serious diseases like heart disease and cancer have usually developed over a long period of time. When we read the healing stories of Hawayo Takata, Chiyoko Yamaguchi and Shou Matsui (another student of Chujiro Hayashi) we find that in order for them to have success in treating serious diseases they usually gave Reiki on a daily basis for as long as they could over several consecutive days or even weeks!

I don't believe that the quantity of Corn by-products was present in their diet as is ours, but I agree with your point.

Colin wrote:
    I too would never say that Reiki "cures" anything. Reiki can help a person to return to a state of balance and wholeness (the true meaning of the world "healing") but only if it is not used as a sticking plaster (band-aid). Also, the state of balance can only be maintained by avoiding the sources of imbalance which has become increasingly difficult for most people today.

I guess I don't like the word "avoid" because to me it has negative associations, but I understand what you are saying. Eat healthy foods in the right balance for one's body, and find meaning in activities that help one feel a part of humanity....
    ZenDave

Post by ZenDave Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:52 pm

I don't think their manifestation of illness has any effect on the practice at all. Who is to say what the nature of Reiki actually is anyways. What IS the actual purpose of practice to begin with? What are the actual effects of Reiki?

I think it may in theory discredit Reiki in the eyes of those who think of it as mystical and miraculous. But is that the fault of these teachers, illness, or perception in the first place?*shrug*
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:40 pm

When we read the healing stories of Hawayo Takata, Chiyoko Yamaguchi and Shou Matsui (another student of Chujiro Hayashi) we find that in order for them to have success in treating serious diseases they usually gave Reiki on a daily basis for as long as they could over several consecutive days or even weeks!

Hi Colin,

I am wondering did you find any details about the way they did healing sessions. What I am interested in is if they have incorporated the mental treatment into their sessions or not.

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:42 am

rzukic wrote:
    When we read the healing stories of Hawayo Takata, Chiyoko Yamaguchi and Shou Matsui (another student of Chujiro Hayashi) we find that in order for them to have success in treating serious diseases they usually gave Reiki on a daily basis for as long as they could over several consecutive days or even weeks!

Hi Colin,

I am wondering did you find any details about the way they did healing sessions. What I am interested in is if they have incorporated the mental treatment into their sessions or not.

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life

Hi Resko

Shou Matsui was a Shoden student of Chujiro Hayashi and would not have used mental treatment. As far as I know, Hawayo Takata and Chiyoko Yamaguchi would only use mental treatments for people who wanted to get rid of unwanted habits or ways of thinking that they felt were holding them back from their full potential. In other words, not particularly for psychological causes of disease - although that would be an interesting experiment!
    Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:41 am