Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

When is somebody ready to do the Master/Teacher level??

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

When is somebody ready to do the Master/Teacher level?? Empty When is somebody ready to do the Master/Teacher level??

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:33 am

Hi

Today I went to the William Lee Rand's website to place an order for a subscription and some back issues that interested me. I checked out the ART/ Master manual and wanted to purchase it. Turns out that I can't because I am not a teacher yet. That was like a whack on my head with a fly swatter!

"I am not qualified." "I am not a teacher yet" They want a certificate so I can prove it, so I can purchase the book.
    It actually made me sad.

Well, That would be a lousy reason to want to do the RM/T level. But just this incident has motivated me to think about it. - May be I am not done, I feel incomplete.

My biggest fear is how do I know if & when I am ready, do I have the maturity, for god's sake I have a towel on my head and cucumber slices on my face..!!

That's a HUGE responsibility, I would like to hear from anybody who decided to do the teacher course too and what made you take that plunge? and did you have any fears like me?

How did you learn how to attune students, did you take the course but don't attune people? How did it feel?
    or anything at all you want to share about your journey...

Thanks!

cheers
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

When is somebody ready to do the Master/Teacher level?? Empty Re: When is somebody ready to do the Master/Teacher level??

Post by chi_solas Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:54 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Hi

Today I went to the William Lee Rand's website to place an order for a subscription and some back issues that interested me. I checked out the ART/ Master manual and wanted to purchase it. Turns out that I can't because I am not a teacher yet. That was like a whack on my head with a fly swatter!

"I am not qualified." "I am not a teacher yet" They want a certificate so I can prove it, so I can purchase the book.
    It actually made me sad.

Well, That would be a lousy reason to want to do the RM/T level. But just this incident has motivated me to think about it. - May be I am not done, I feel incomplete.

My biggest fear is how do I know if & when I am ready, do I have the maturity, for god's sake I have a towel on my head and cucumber slices on my face..!!

That's a HUGE responsibility, I would like to hear from anybody who decided to do the teacher course too and what made you take that plunge? and did you have any fears like me?

How did you learn how to attune students, did you take the course but don't attune people? How did it feel?
    or anything at all you want to share about your journey...

Thanks!

cheers

I was a certified academic teacher & when
    I became involved with Reiki I knew I wanted
    to teach Reiki to others So I continued
    through to the master/teacher level. When is somebody ready to do the Master/Teacher level?? 850837

My RMT taught me how to do attunments
    I had to pass the attunment "test" for
    lack of a better word. study

A good sense of humor is not required
    but if it helps your clients feel relaxed
    I say keep your scarf on cover your eyes
    with sun glasses instead of cuecumber
    alien
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

When is somebody ready to do the Master/Teacher level?? Empty Re: When is somebody ready to do the Master/Teacher level??

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:40 am

chi_solas wrote:

through to the master/teacher level. When is somebody ready to do the Master/Teacher level?? 850837

Very Happy
    That will be my trademark attuning gear!

I am assuming wanting to teach is the ONLY reason someone would want to finish the level? I am not missing any other 'education' right if I didn't do the last level? I love the idea of a test.

When is somebody ready to do the Master/Teacher level?? 307123
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:07 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

Very Happy
    That will be my trademark attuning gear!

I am assuming wanting to teach is the ONLY reason someone would want to finish the level? I am not missing any other 'education' right if I didn't do the last level? I love the idea of a test.

When is somebody ready to do the Master/Teacher level?? 307123

Every level comes with a
    higher vibrational level bounce
    Depending which Reiki system
    you aspire to there may be
    differences in protocal &
    vocabulary. I have had some
    students come for Level 2 and
    already had been taught symbols. sunny
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Every level comes with a
    higher vibrational level bounce
    Depending which Reiki system
    you aspire to there may be
    differences in protocal &
    vocabulary. I have had some
    students come for Level 2 and
    already had been taught symbols. sunny

Ah, I see!!
    When I am ready, I am sure I will know it! Basketball
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:00 am

Hi thehungrycaterpillar,
    It is not set in the stone that you MUST teach others if you take RMT class. It is common that during your RMT class you will attune your Teacher to demonstrate that you did learn how to carry out the attunement. However, after that if you do not want to you do not have to. A lot of people take RMT level to enjoy benefits of DKM. Sure enough that everybody here has own opinion about it but the most important thing is how you feel about it
    So, if you do not feel like it, it is ok there is no need to feel pressure that you must work as teacher. You do not!

Regards.
    Spirithealer
    Spirithealer

Post by Spirithealer Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:12 am

When the student is ready The teacher will appear

Many take the *final step* and go to RMT level just for themselves not to teach or anything else....

Some then change their minds when a time has passed!
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:25 am

a nice revisit to the thread Resko Smile

Taking the third level is necessary for being able to attune others.... A necessary 'pay it forward' for any buddy who himself has reaped the great blessings of reiki sunny

Of course we all have fears that whether we are 'ready' to take teacher's level, but sometimes these apprehensions are housed in ego too!

If we trust in the process, trust in reiki, and trust in our compassion and noble intentions, i think we may 'let it go' and let ourselves go for teachers level sunny

Take care

Salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:30 pm