Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Milarepa
Frank
6 posters

Jikiden Reiju

Frank
    Frank

Jikiden Reiju Empty Jikiden Reiju

Post by Frank Tue May 04, 2010 12:14 am

Hi everyone,

Next to practising Reikihō one of my main interests regarding 'Reiki' is the history of Usui-sensei's teachings and the way it developed after his death.

A couple of months ago a read a book written by Tadao Yamaguchi and I thought it was very illuminating.
    This branch seems to me like it is a very good and nice system.

Because Reiki history is such a passion of mine and since Jikiden Reiki teachers say they give "Reiju", I am very, very interested in the similarities and differences between the Jikiden version and other Reiju versions.

Now, I realize very well that the internet is not the place for a detailed description of something special like Reiju. And I'm not asking for a detailed description. I know from experience that learning things like this can only be studied correctly when you study with a teacher.
    I'm not trying to learn the Jikiden Reiju here.

However, I am very curious when similarities and differences are concerned.
    And I would like to know whether there is someone willing to share at least a bit of information.

A couple of years ago one of my teachers (a woman who passed away a year after) taught me how to perform a Reiju version as taught by Chris Marsh.
    It is claimed that Suzuki-san taught Chris how to do it and Chris passed it on to some people.
    I also know that there are some other Reiju-versions in existence. There are Reiju from Gendai Reiki Hō, the URR Gakkai, Komyo Reiki Kai.. There are "unconditional Reiju" (as we could call them), but there are also versions which submerge the student in one particular energy as an aid in the students pursuit to get to know or become one with a certain energy (does not connect to the energy, it's just an aid in the students personal practise).

There are several versions and every version differs a little.
    So, what I would like to know is:

1. Does the Jikiden Reiju use symbols? (Drawing, intending..)
    2. Does it contain jumon (the singing or thinking of)?
    3. Is the ritual itself different for each level? (is the Shōden reiju different from the Reiju used at Okuden level? Are these different from the Reiju shared at "Reiju Kai" ? )
    4. Is the Jikiden Reiju meant to attune the student permanently to an energy (or a symbol for that matter) ? Does the teacher pass on any ability to the student?

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Jikiden Reiju Empty Re: Jikiden Reiju

Post by Milarepa Wed May 12, 2010 12:24 am

i'm not jikiden trained Frank, Smile. but i know they use symbols. i also know they do regular Reiju. and in some classes at least give multiple Reiju over course duration.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed May 12, 2010 9:31 am

Frank wrote:Hi everyone,

Next to practising Reikihō one of my main interests regarding 'Reiki' is the history of Usui-sensei's teachings and the way it developed after his death.

A couple of months ago a read a book written by Tadao Yamaguchi and I thought it was very illuminating.
    This branch seems to me like it is a very good and nice system.

Yes it is! Very Happy

Frank wrote:
    Because Reiki history is such a passion of mine and since Jikiden Reiki teachers say they give "Reiju", I am very, very interested in the similarities and differences between the Jikiden version and other Reiju versions.

Now, I realize very well that the internet is not the place for a detailed description of something special like Reiju. And I'm not asking for a detailed description. I know from experience that learning things like this can only be studied correctly when you study with a teacher.
    I'm not trying to learn the Jikiden Reiju here.
    Correct...you are unlikely to learn anything about the significance and detail of what is taught in a Jikiden Reiki seminar unless you attend one yourself! Smile

Frank wrote:
    However, I am very curious when similarities and differences are concerned.
    And I would like to know whether there is someone willing to share at least a bit of information.

Jikiden Reiki practitioners have signed a form of non-disclosure agreement so we are not able to discuss very much about what is taught in Jikiden Reiki with non-Jikiden Reiki practitioners - or with other Jikiden Reiki Practitioners that are not at or above the same level of training as ourselves, for that matter!
    Smile

Frank wrote:
    A couple of years ago one of my teachers (a woman who passed away a year after) taught me how to perform a Reiju version as taught by Chris Marsh.
    It is claimed that Suzuki-san taught Chris how to do it and Chris passed it on to some people.
    I also know that there are some other Reiju-versions in existence. There are Reiju from Gendai Reiki Hō, the URR Gakkai, Komyo Reiki Kai.. There are "unconditional Reiju" (as we could call them), but there are also versions which submerge the student in one particular energy as an aid in the students pursuit to get to know or become one with a certain energy (does not connect to the energy, it's just an aid in the students personal practise).

Yes, I am aware of most of these too. Smile

Frank wrote:
    There are several versions and every version differs a little.
    So, what I would like to know is:

1. Does the Jikiden Reiju use symbols? (Drawing, intending..)
    2. Does it contain jumon (the singing or thinking of)?
    3. Is the ritual itself different for each level? (is the Shōden reiju different from the Reiju used at Okuden level? Are these different from the Reiju shared at "Reiju Kai" ? )
    4. Is the Jikiden Reiju meant to attune the student permanently to an energy (or a symbol for that matter) ? Does the teacher pass on any ability to the student?

*Gasshō*
    Frank

Since I am only at Okuden level in Jikiden Reiki, I really can't answer your questions as I have not been taught the Jikiden Reiki Reiju yet but I have experienced many of them!

As Wayne says, Jikiden Reiki students receive regular Reiju at Reiju Kai meetings and many Reiju during the seminars.

Interestingly, the way they are given matches very closely the way students of Takata describe how they received their Reiki 1 initiations: i.e. in a dark room sat in a row. (This is in Tadao's book so I can talk about this, I think!) Smile

Drawing on my knowledge of Komyo Reiki, whose Reiju seems fairly similar, I think that maybe symbols (and probably jumon) are used.

I don't know if the Reiju method is exactly the same for each level.

Since it is not essential but only recommended that we attend Reiju Kai I think that the number and intensity of Reiju we receive during a seminar makes it permanent.

I am pretty sure (but not yet certain!) we don't get attuned to particular symbols but since, after receiving Reiju, people who were previously not able to sense byosen are now able to then some ability must also be passed on from the teacher.

Hope that helps a bit (and hope I don't get into trouble with my Jikiden colleagues for saying too much here!) Smile
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Thu May 13, 2010 11:08 am

Hi,

Thanks for the answers so far!

@Milarepa:
    I also read (in the Shinpiden manual I got from one of my teachers where several methods are very, very briefly compared) that Jikiden Reiju uses symbols.

@Colin:

Interesting that Jikiden Reiki practitioners are asked not to discuss too much about what is taught exactly. At the one hand I think it's a bit of a pity, at the other hand I see that it could be a good way of maintaining a certain quality standard.

Although you say you can't really answer my questions, I do appreciate your reply.

I read in the same manual I mentioned before that the ritual is different from level to level and that it actually does use mantras.
    If that is true then I think that is very interesting!

I hope you don't get into any problems as well Razz

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Wed May 19, 2010 1:41 am

I am going to take Komyo Reiki Kai Shinpiden training from Inamoto Sensei this summer. I will be able to let you know then what the reiju process is like, unless if there are others in this forum who have received their reijus from Inamoto Sensei.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed May 19, 2010 2:51 am

whhopp!!!! make sure ya get your experience down in our catalyst section!
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Wed May 19, 2010 3:34 am

I will!

I'm fortunate that my parents live in NYC, where the training will take place. Has anyone else on here taken the training with him?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed May 19, 2010 4:14 am

yeah dennis has.
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Thu May 20, 2010 3:46 am

Aah, thanks in advance Dragonfly! Very Happy

Is the Reiju used in Komyo Reiki Kai the same as in Jikiden Reiki?
    I know that Hyakuten Inamoto studied with Chiyoko Yamaguchi (founder of Jikiden Reiki), but I don't know whether Inamoto uses that particular Reiju in his own teachings.

Does anyone have any idea on this?

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri May 21, 2010 5:13 am

Frank wrote:Aah, thanks in advance Dragonfly! Very Happy

Is the Reiju used in Komyo Reiki Kai the same as in Jikiden Reiki?
    I know that Hyakuten Inamoto studied with Chiyoko Yamaguchi (founder of Jikiden Reiki), but I don't know whether Inamoto uses that particular Reiju in his own teachings.

Does anyone have any idea on this?

*Gasshō*
    Frank

Hi Frank

Having experienced Komyo Reiki(to Teacher Level) and Jikiden Reiki (to Okuden) as far as I can tell the Reiju in Komyo has several similarities to what I have experienced when receiving Jikiden Reiju but I am pretty sure that some of the the things taught in the Komyo Reiju (e.g. specific Buddhist mudras) have been added in by Hyakuten Inamoto.

Smile
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Fri May 21, 2010 6:17 am

Ooh, do tell more Colin! I have no idea really what to expect and any more info about Inamoto Sensei's teachings (that are permissable to share) would be great.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri May 21, 2010 7:16 am

Dragonfly wrote:Ooh, do tell more Colin! I have no idea really what to expect and any more info about Inamoto Sensei's teachings (that are permissable to share) would be great.

Hi Dana

Having "no idea really what to expect" is good! Smile

Here is a link from an old post of James's to an interesting talk that Inamoto Sensei gave to a group of Italian Reiki pracitioners which gives a good flavour of his teachings.

http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/reiki-general-f24/hyakuten-inamoto-in-an-italian-interview-t259.htm

Have a look at some of the other posts there to guide you to the more interesting bits!

I'm not sure if the Conferenza del Rev.Hyakuten Inamoto video is still there, which is a shame because it was more interesting than the Q & A session.

Hopefully you will get more direct teaching from Hyakuten in English!

To me Komyo Reiki seems very soft and gentle compared to other styles I have been initiated in.

I am sure you will enjoy the experience and I look forward to reading about it!

Very Happy
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:33 am

I read Tadao Yamaguchi's book on the plane up to NYC for the Komyo Reiki Kai Shinpiden training with Inamoto Sensei. I figured it would be helpful to compare what Yamaguchi says about his mother's teaching/history and Jikiden Reiki versus what Inamoto Sensei was going to teach in Komyo Reiki Kai.

Much of what Yamaguchi generally shares in his book about Jikiden Reiki sounds similar to what we experienced in Komyo Reiki Kai. However, I don't know if the reiju is the same. (Somehow I doubt it, since teachers of different Reiki systems seem to like to make their mark by modifying the attunement/reiju.) The Komyo Reiki Kai reiju is markedly different than the Western/Takata attunement.

I can't speak for Jikiden Reiki, but Komyo Reiki Kai uses 4 symbols, all of which are somewhat similar to what we've been attuned to in Western Reiki. The first two are drawn somewhat differently and they are not called CHR or SHK as they are known in Western Reiki. They are just known as Symbol 1 and 2. They also make use of different jumon (mantras) than what we are taught in Western Reiki. Mentally that has been a big shift for me, but I can feel a distinct difference when using them. I can't really describe how it feels different; it just does. Even a couple of my clients have noticed a change.
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks for your response!
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to give a reaction on it up till now.

I am familiar with the differences between the 'Western' way of using symbols/pronouncing the mantras. And I can imagine a link between the Jikiden and the Komyo Reiju.

Thanks ^.^
    Dokasan
    Dokasan

Post by Dokasan Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:45 am

Hi Frank,
    It is my understanding that the Komyo reiju is a blend of what Hyakuten Inamoto was taught or felt from Mrs. Yamaguchi and Gendai Reiki founder Hiroshi Doi.
    Hyakuten's methods of giving reiju has changed since he first started teaching his style in 2002.

As an assistant teacher in Jikiden Reiki, I can confirm what Colin stated about discussing what happens in Jikiden class to the outside world. It is as you say a way for Tadao to provide structure to his style.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:12 am

Dokasan wrote:Hi Frank,
    It is my understanding that the Komyo reiju is a blend of what Hyakuten Inamoto was taught or felt from Mrs. Yamaguchi and Gendai Reiki founder Hiroshi Doi.
    Hyakuten's methods of giving reiju has changed since he first started teaching his style in 2002.

As an assistant teacher in Jikiden Reiki, I can confirm what Colin stated about discussing what happens in Jikiden class to the outside world. It is as you say a way for Tadao to provide structure to his style.

Hi Dokasan

I am also now a Shihan Kaku in Jikiden Reiki so my lips are also sealed about the Jikiden Reiju other than what Tadao shares in the description of his mother's Reiki from Chujiro Hayashi in his book! Smile

It's nice to see another Jikiden Reiki practitioner here!

cheers
    Dokasan
    Dokasan

Post by Dokasan Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi Colin,
    Yes, I am rather nervous with sharing any Jikiden information.
    However, if we repeat what is in Tadao's book, I think we're safe. Smile

Good luck with your seminars, I have yet to finish mine.

Blessings,
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Thu May 12, 2011 3:07 am

OOh, i'm loving all the cloak and dagger stuff!! ahah

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:53 am