Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Milarepa
mike1877
6 posters

had attunement but cannot feel anything not a thing

mike1877
    mike1877
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

had attunement but cannot feel anything not a thing Empty had attunement but cannot feel anything not a thing

Post by mike1877 Sat May 29, 2010 6:44 pm

i need help. i was so excided to become attuned and help the shelters, kids myself etc.. i was attuned and i know its normal not to feel anything during attunements but i am not feeling hot hands nor tingling. someone said it could be that my personal vibration could be simular as the reiki but i dout thats the problem because my girlfriend nor myself feel my hands hot or warm of course unless its been on the body for 10 mins but thats just body heat. i feel no different, if anything more angry from dissapointment since my hopes were so high. cant even get cho ku rei to work. it was a chi ball sent distance which worked for others. what is wrong with me. can someone help me. also my grandmother has hep-c and she really needs this. maybe somethings wrong with me, i have never heard of this before nor seen it. thank you to anyone who thinks they may have an opinion or can help me,. -mike
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

had attunement but cannot feel anything not a thing Empty Re: had attunement but cannot feel anything not a thing

Post by Milarepa Sat May 29, 2010 7:34 pm

hi mike, welcome to the forum. first ther'es nothing wrong with you buddy, Smile. It's not un-heard of for folks ot fele no sensations. what do your recipients feel?

cani ask did you havn't distance attunements or in-person?

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

had attunement but cannot feel anything not a thing Empty Re: had attunement but cannot feel anything not a thing

Post by rzukic Sat May 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi Mike,

Welcome To Forum!

As Wayne said buddy, there is nothing wrong with you since it happens sometimes that folks do not feel much at the beginning. If attunement was carried out than you are attuned and you will feel it. You can speed it up if you do few very simple exercises to improve sensation in your hands.

One of the simplest exercise is to bring your hands together infrot of your chest, relax and bring you attention to the center of the palms and feel that area. It help if you keep your eyes closed. Breath naturally do not force your breath. Wonder with your attention over your palms and soon you might start feeling some change. Keep doing this for few minutes and than try very slowly to move hands apart but still keep your attention on your palms and if you relax enough you might start feeling some field between your hands. It doesn't have to be hot but it might cause some resistance when you pull your hands apart (just like magnetic field). Keep on doing this for few days and your sensation toward subtle energy will improve. Do not give up and if you could give up on expectation it would certainly help. I say this because you might be expecting certain reaction or response that somebody else had but since everybody is unique your response/reaction might be different.

Take care buddy.

p.s. is this web page you got your attunemt: Chi Balland is this your first attunement

Regards,

Resko

Find Out How Learning Reiki Can change Your Life
    mike1877
    mike1877
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by mike1877 Sun May 30, 2010 12:28 am

thank you for responding and thanks for that exercise i appreciate it. to answer both of your questions the place i found the teacher was at freereiki.proboards.com, she taught me both reiki one and two at the same time which i never heard of but went with it. what suprised me the most was the chi ball contained both usui reiki 1 and 2. I seriously didnt expect that but she is a very good teacher and these same distant attunements were very powerful for others. They all felt a boost of happiness along with extra "gifts." which is okay i didnt get the same sensations as they did. She told me theres no way it did not work do to my intensions of excepting the chi ball. You asked what do others say when i treat them? I so far (in 2 days) have only treated myself, my girlfriend and dog. My girlfriend felt nothing as she has had reiki before while in school to be a massage therapist, she knows how its supposed to feel. She doesnt get relaxed sensation, no warmth on her body from my hands etc..as she felt when she had the reiki treatment at school in the past. When i treat myself in the morning i do the full body routine. My aches are still there and I dont feel relaxed nor i feel anything. The dog, well not sure there, sorry alittle sense of humor. Now I am left feeling like a fraud if i ever charged a person, which I never will, for me its about giving as much as humanly possible. Just one more question to go along with everything above. One thing bugs me, if it did work even though no one feels it, how am i supposed to know when someone has had enough reiki since the feeling of the energy flow stops(which i dont have) is supposed to let you know when they are "filled up" Wow am I confused about all this, I dont like feeling like a fraud.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun May 30, 2010 12:45 am

hi mike,

mike1877 wrote:thank you for responding and thanks for that exercise i appreciate it. to answer both of your questions the place i found the teacher was at freereiki.proboards.com, she taught me both reiki one and two at the same time which i never heard of but went with it.

your first contact should be the person who attuned you, Smile. it's their responsibility primarily. have you tried to contact them?

I know freereiki board. Good staff on it. they aren't responsible for the folks who attune, i wanted to say that first. cause there is a chance your attunement was eiither not carried out, or carried out in some inproper way. I'll explain..

mike1877 wrote:
    You asked what do others say when i treat them? I so far (in 2 days) have only treated myself, my girlfriend and dog. My girlfriend felt nothing as she has had reiki before while in school to be a massage therapist, she knows how its supposed to feel. She doesnt get relaxed sensation, no warmth on her body from my hands etc..as she felt when she had the reiki treatment at school in the past. When i treat myself in the morning i do the full body routine. My aches are still there and I dont feel relaxed nor i feel anything. The dog, well not sure there, sorry alittle sense of humor.

This is why i said above. the most basic primary response in Reiki is to feel relaxed. Warmth or tingling is also common. it's surprising that neither yourself nor your girlfreind can feel anything, ever. if this was Reiki, then no-one would be interested at all. there needs to be some kinda of 'verifiable experience' for folks to know it does something.

mike1877 wrote:
    Now I am left feeling like a fraud if i ever charged a person, which I never will, for me its about giving as much as humanly possible.

no way are you a fraud. this isn't your fault, or your responsibility. i'm very busy today, but from tomorrow onwards am free more. i can send you via skype some Reiki course material, that helps with sensations, etc. If that doesn't work, i'll be glad to personally initiate you via distance. it's something i said i'd no longer do, and i'm not saying it lightly, but i'm here to help. it's why the forum exists. we'd have to get to know one another more in private though.

mike1877 wrote:
    Just one more question to go along with everything above. One thing bugs me, if it did work even though no one feels it, how am i supposed to know when someone has had enough reiki since the feeling of the energy flow stops(which i dont have) is supposed to let you know when they are "filled up" Wow am I confused about all this, I dont like feeling like a fraud.

this is why sensations are important. usually to some extent they happen straight away. if they are not happening it's obviously for a reason. are you spiritual? have you recieved Reiki treamtents from another beofre? these are questions for speciific reasons, Smile.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun May 30, 2010 1:11 am

mike1877 wrote:thank you for responding and thanks for that exercise i appreciate it. to answer both of your questions the place i found the teacher was at freereiki.proboards.com, she taught me both reiki one and two at the same time which i never heard of but went with it. what suprised me the most was the chi ball contained both usui reiki 1 and 2. I seriously didnt expect that but she is a very good teacher and these same distant attunements were very powerful for others. They all felt a boost of happiness along with extra "gifts." which is okay i didnt get the same sensations as they did. She told me theres no way it did not work do to my intensions of excepting the chi ball. You asked what do others say when i treat them? I so far (in 2 days) have only treated myself, my girlfriend and dog. My girlfriend felt nothing as she has had reiki before while in school to be a massage therapist, she knows how its supposed to feel. She doesnt get relaxed sensation, no warmth on her body from my hands etc..as she felt when she had the reiki treatment at school in the past. When i treat myself in the morning i do the full body routine. My aches are still there and I dont feel relaxed nor i feel anything. The dog, well not sure there, sorry alittle sense of humor. Now I am left feeling like a fraud if i ever charged a person, which I never will, for me its about giving as much as humanly possible. Just one more question to go along with everything above. One thing bugs me, if it did work even though no one feels it, how am i supposed to know when someone has had enough reiki since the feeling of the energy flow stops(which i dont have) is supposed to let you know when they are "filled up" Wow am I confused about all this, I dont like feeling like a fraud.

Mike, you just need to relax, if your
    relaxed your client will be relaxed.
    I have never experienced Reiki the same
    everytime. Each day we are at a different
    place in our life. No two reiki sessions
    or treatments are the same. Your hands do
    not have to be hot. I've felt my hands
    cold but the client feels heat. I've felt
    extremely hot with beads of sweat on my
    forehead and neck and my client's as cool
    as cuecumber in a relaxed mode. You seem to
    have expectations when your intent should be
    to let Reiki flow. It takes time to stop
    analizing when your new to the formal Reiki.
    I see myself as a Reiki facilitator, people
    heal themselves we assist them to do that. had attunement but cannot feel anything not a thing 850837

Also Reiki is free....you time is valuable
    that's what your charging for, your time.
    Right now you should focus on meditation
    to calm you and practice the 5 Principles
    everyday. Reiki is not magic it takes more
    than one session to move blockages in mind,
    body, & spirit/soul. sunny
    mike1877
    mike1877
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by mike1877 Sun May 30, 2010 1:22 am

Milarepa wrote:hi mike,

mike1877 wrote:thank you for responding and thanks for that exercise i appreciate it. to answer both of your questions the place i found the teacher was at freereiki.proboards.com, she taught me both reiki one and two at the same time which i never heard of but went with it.

your first contact should be the person who attuned you, Smile. it's their responsibility primarily. have you tried to contact them?

I know freereiki board. Good staff on it. they aren't responsible for the folks who attune, i wanted to say that first. cause there is a chance your attunement was eiither not carried out, or carried out in some inproper way. I'll explain..

mike1877 wrote:
    You asked what do others say when i treat them? I so far (in 2 days) have only treated myself, my girlfriend and dog. My girlfriend felt nothing as she has had reiki before while in school to be a massage therapist, she knows how its supposed to feel. She doesnt get relaxed sensation, no warmth on her body from my hands etc..as she felt when she had the reiki treatment at school in the past. When i treat myself in the morning i do the full body routine. My aches are still there and I dont feel relaxed nor i feel anything. The dog, well not sure there, sorry alittle sense of humor.

This is why i said above. the most basic primary response in Reiki is to feel relaxed. Warmth or tingling is also common. it's surprising that neither yourself nor your girlfreind can feel anything, ever. if this was Reiki, then no-one would be interested at all. there needs to be some kinda of 'verifiable experience' for folks to know it does something.

mike1877 wrote:
    Now I am left feeling like a fraud if i ever charged a person, which I never will, for me its about giving as much as humanly possible.

no way are you a fraud. this isn't your fault, or your responsibility. i'm very busy today, but from tomorrow onwards am free more. i can send you via skype some Reiki course material, that helps with sensations, etc. If that doesn't work, i'll be glad to personally initiate you via distance. it's something i said i'd no longer do, and i'm not saying it lightly, but i'm here to help. it's why the forum exists. we'd have to get to know one another more in private though.

mike1877 wrote:
    Just one more question to go along with everything above. One thing bugs me, if it did work even though no one feels it, how am i supposed to know when someone has had enough reiki since the feeling of the energy flow stops(which i dont have) is supposed to let you know when they are "filled up" Wow am I confused about all this, I dont like feeling like a fraud.

this is why sensations are important. usually to some extent they happen straight away. if they are not happening it's obviously for a reason. are you spiritual? have you recieved Reiki treamtents from another beofre? these are questions for speciific reasons, Smile.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    yes i am spiritual, i talk to my guide everyday even though i get no answer. im pretty obsessed with angels, everyday as i pray i ask archangel michael to keep any negative thoughts away along with negative energy that i may pick up during the day. i ask each for different purposes as they have different rolls in our lives. even though i havent been to a church in ages i consider myself a christian, now i am opening up alittle more and reading about ascended master spirits such as jesus, mohammed etc.. lately ive made it pretty simple; i got my guides, the angles, spirits, acsended master spirits, angels and the source"god." to answer your question about whether ive had a reiki session before? the answer is no, i had never had a single piece of universal energy force/flow in my whole life. i am going to send you a pm.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun May 30, 2010 4:10 am

i had never had a single piece of universal energy force/flow in my whole life.

Mike How does your cuts and brusies
    heal without Universal energy? sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun May 30, 2010 6:21 am

mike1877 wrote: what suprised me the most was the chi ball contained both usui reiki 1 and 2. I seriously didnt expect that but she is a very good teacher and these same distant attunements were very powerful for others. They all felt a boost of happiness along with extra "gifts." which is okay i didnt get the same sensations as they did. She told me theres no way it did not work do to my intensions of excepting the chi ball .

sorry, i'm just seeing this for the first time properly. Chi Ball for an attunement my backside. This kinda thing is exactly why people unfortunately end up in the situation you have. In an initiaiton, it's preferable that it's done in-person. There's many reasons for this. failing that possibility, a distance one can be done, but it's highly preferable to use HSZSN and carry out the whole attunement as if you where in front of the teacher. That's all it takes. No chi ball, waiting for delivery. Also, with today's technology, it's even better to do it via skype. i'll ask a close friend of mine, who's a member, Salman, to speak with you as to how distance initiations feel, and the students experience, Smile.

Don't worry, this'll be sorted out in no time, Smile.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    mike1877
    mike1877
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by mike1877 Sun May 30, 2010 6:41 am

chi_solas wrote:

sorry for the mistake, i forgot to put session after that. p.s. to answer the question from the reply above this one have i contacted her? yes and if you know that board then im sure you know who the person would be, shes a great and very respected person and master and she assured me that my intention "took" the attunement, and i believe her. things just aren't right. for example my girlfriend had a stomach ache thismorning and i gave her a treatment. with confidence i asked so how do you feel (after she woke up just as i was finishing because it was early morning) and she said you already did it, i still hurt and cant tell you did anything but thank you. i am keeping my confidence though, its too important to me not to be able to do this, my grandmother has hep-C and her liver is at stage 3 her body hurts sometimes and im doing nothing for her neither and both women have had reiki sessions before and are asking me if im sure i got the attunement, yes i did and im sure. i say i know it worked, maybe something is blocked i dont know. but ill keep trying and hopfully something works. thanks for the replies.
    mike1877
    mike1877
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by mike1877 Sun May 30, 2010 6:44 am

Milarepa wrote:
    mike1877 wrote: what suprised me the most was the chi ball contained both usui reiki 1 and 2. I seriously didnt expect that but she is a very good teacher and these same distant attunements were very powerful for others. They all felt a boost of happiness along with extra "gifts." which is okay i didnt get the same sensations as they did. She told me theres no way it did not work do to my intensions of excepting the chi ball .

sorry, i'm just seeing this for the first time properly. Chi Ball for an attunement my backside. This kinda thing is exactly why people unfortunately end up in the situation you have. In an initiaiton, it's preferable that it's done in-person. There's many reasons for this. failing that possibility, a distance one can be done, but it's highly preferable to use HSZSN and carry out the whole attunement as if you where in front of the teacher. That's all it takes. No chi ball, waiting for delivery. Also, with today's technology, it's even better to do it via skype. i'll ask a close friend of mine, who's a member, Salman, to speak with you as to how distance initiations feel, and the students experience, Smile.

Don't worry, this'll be sorted out in no time, Smile.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    THANK YOU Wayne. very appreciated
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun May 30, 2010 7:03 am

mike1877 wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

sorry for the mistake, i forgot to put session after that. p.s. to answer the question from the reply above this one have i contacted her? yes and if you know that board then im sure you know who the person would be, shes a great and very respected person and master and she assured me that my intention "took" the attunement, and i believe her. things just aren't right. for example my girlfriend had a stomach ache thismorning and i gave her a treatment. with confidence i asked so how do you feel (after she woke up just as i was finishing because it was early morning) and she said you already did it, i still hurt and cant tell you did anything but thank you. i am keeping my confidence though, its too important to me not to be able to do this, my grandmother has hep-C and her liver is at stage 3 her body hurts sometimes and im doing nothing for her neither and both women have had reiki sessions before and are asking me if im sure i got the attunement, yes i did and im sure. i say i know it worked, maybe something is blocked i dont know. but ill keep trying and hopfully something works. thanks for the replies.

Reiki sessions can also comfort those who
    are in hospice situations. You have to
    consider when someone says your not helping
    them with Reiki what else are they doing to
    help themselves. Are they eating healthy if
    they are not then that defeats Reiki or any
    other kind of Alternative healing. If I was
    drinking and end up with a hangover my body
    needs to recover. If I'm eating fried or sugary
    foods my body works hard to recover. If a person
    is acidy and not working on alkalining then
    dis-eases will persist. The fault does not lie
    with the Reiki Practitioner if the client is
    not willing to make life changes in their mind
    body and spirit. If you are promoting yourself
    as a healer then the clients will expect you to
    heal them. sunny
    Treasa
    Treasa
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Treasa Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:03 pm

just a point or two i would like to make here.

firstly working on people that are really close to us eg girlfriend or family can be a problem sometimes, as we can have so much emotional history etc with that person that we aren't working from a clean slate, there can be a lot of expectation etc mixed up in it and with some family members or close friends it just doesn't work full stop.

secondly when doing reiki on someone we need to work from a position of detachment and let the reiki energy do the work. yes i understand that your grandmother is very unwell and i have compassion for her, but you can't tell reiki to cure her or direct it as to where to go. reiki is an intelligent energy force and we don't always understand the way it works, but have to have faith that what it is doing is in divine order for the highest good of all concerned. a reiki practitioner never heals anyone, all we do is channel reiki energy through ourselves and let the client use that energy whatever way their higher self sees fit.

i guess maybe what i'm saying here is you need to look at your intentions for reiki? i know it's very hard to see someone suffering, especially someone you love, but reiki will know what is in your grandmothers best interests, and you need to trust that. sometimes reiki helps people to have a peaceful death, i know it did with my own father.
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:06 am

Have to agree with Treasa here Smile Also Reiki isn't a "quick-fix". It's a progress, both in learning it and developing a relationship with it and in the application or treatment of others. I also did not notice a lot after my first attunement, but I had experienced it through sessions prior to my initiation, so I knew there was definitely something to it. That's 10 years ago now, since my first attunement, and I am still in the developing and learning progress and Reiki and practicing it is always full of new experiences and no 2 are the same. My advice to you Mike, would be to get a hands-on, in-person attunement to see if you notice a difference and then stick to Reiki level 1 for for atleast 21 days and get aquainted with it, before moving on to the next level.. this is also the only way to determine the difference between the different levels of initiation and the increase in vibrations. May I ask why it is that you were given both attunements in one "chi-ball" attunement?

Best wishes,

Ben
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:47 pm

LuvSoulJah wrote:Have to agree with Treasa here Smile Also Reiki isn't a "quick-fix". It's a progress, both in learning it and developing a relationship with it and in the application or treatment of others. I also did not notice a lot after my first attunement, but I had experienced it through sessions prior to my initiation, so I knew there was definitely something to it. That's 10 years ago now, since my first attunement, and I am still in the developing and learning progress and Reiki and practicing it is always full of new experiences and no 2 are the same. My advice to you Mike, would be to get a hands-on, in-person attunement to see if you notice a difference and then stick to Reiki level 1 for for atleast 21 days and get aquainted with it, before moving on to the next level.. this is also the only way to determine the difference between the different levels of initiation and the increase in vibrations. May I ask why it is that you were given both attunements in one "chi-ball" attunement?

Best wishes,

Ben

Luvsouljah,that is good advice had attunement but cannot feel anything not a thing 158903
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:08 am

Just thought I'd ad this too: http://www.aetw.org/d_hatsurei_ho.html - from James Deacon's Reiki Pages. And a good guided meditation here to accompany the literature:

LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:48 am

chi_solas wrote:Luvsouljah,that is good advice had attunement but cannot feel anything not a thing 158903

HAHA, just over a year late I just notice... lol! geek

(Best stick a HSZSN on that Rolling Eyes Laughing )

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 am