Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+7
Colin
Frank
EzriReiki
Milarepa
LightBody
chi_solas
LuvSoulJah
11 posters

Reiki Symbols

LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Reiki Symbols Empty Reiki Symbols

Post by LuvSoulJah Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Here is an interesting page I stumbled upon. Some of you may have already seen it. I know that these symbols are a sacred thing, and are traditionally handed down from the Master to the Pupil.... But today u can find the Master symbol even on many book covers, needless to say that they are all over the web. Anyway I found this page quite interesting. http://www.cedarseed.com/air/reiki.html study
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki Symbols Empty Re: Reiki Symbols

Post by chi_solas Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:08 pm

LuvSoulJah wrote:Here is an interesting page I stumbled upon. Some of you may have already seen it. I know that these symbols are a sacred thing, and are traditionally handed down from the Master to the Pupil.... But today u can find the Master symbol even on many book covers, needless to say that they are all over the web. Anyway I found this page quite interesting. http://www.cedarseed.com/air/reiki.html study

Times are a changing. I never liked secrets.
    I never liked belonging to organizations that
    had secret hand shakes etc; Whose idea was it
    to keep the Reiki symbols a secret? It would
    appear that Reiki at one time was exclusive.
    The price to become a teaching Master in the
    system was expensive $10,000.00
    king queen
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:33 pm

well I'm glad we share the same thoughts on that then sunny
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:46 pm

LuvSoulJah wrote:well I'm glad we share the same thoughts on that then sunny

I believe it was Diane Stein who published
    the symbols in her, Essential Reiki Book. study
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:53 pm

I think the first publication of the symbols was in 1992 by A.J Mckenzie Clay. And soon after they were popping up everywhere....
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:11 pm

There is an interesting concept governing the need to keep mystical/spiritual symbols secret: when they are shared with others, the power lessens (Franz Bardon, Initiation Into Hermetics). Reiki inherited that concept.

If a symbol is kept secret to help maintain its power, then its power source is very limited. VERY limited. Limited energy has limits--it will stop working once its source is depleted. The more people that use it, the faster the source dies. Secrets in this fashion keep others in their place, usually beneath the teacher.

However, if a symbol is shared with the public and it continues to grow, either it is very powerful or its power source is unlimited.

Unlimited energy has an unlimited power source, and in contrast to limited (secret) sources, the more people that use it, the more that it grows in power. As the source continues to grow, so do those using those energies.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:20 pm

yeah, but the thing is, folks who are level 1 don't need to know about the symbols. cause the spiritual practice of Reiki is primarily about mindfullness. if we're already jumping ahead in our level 1 with what we can do in level 2, or it's uses, then we aren't fully involoved in level 1. It's Tolles old saying, 'if we keep our mind in th epast or future, we're never fully in the present'.

Levels within Reiki are there for a reason. Just like levels are there within many things. It's pretty standard within most spiritual paths i've come across, that teachings are revealed gradually. If they aren't then the student doesn't fully get to appreciate the significance of some teachings. Proof of this is in the actual symbols, and there assumed (or lack of) use today.

The 10,000 thing. It originally came from the early Japanese folks themselves, It wasn't uncommon to pay for such things at a price like that. It out the serious student from the not-so. Cause i might not have 10k now sitting, but if i value Reiki Mastership, the idea of it more than anything (and to be a true Master of anything it must be a dedication, else the word is useless), then i'd do my very best to get as much as i can. When a teacher see's this, they easily come to other arrangments if needed. It's about the teacher seeing actions that Reiki means more than anything, and not just a few words. this is my understanding of things.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:46 pm

yes, I agree and considering those here that are still level one or below, I wasn't sure whether it was appropriate of me to post this topic, or share the link here. Maybe I should have titled the topic with a bit more caution. And also my profile pic.... which I created to help me visualize a distance healing...
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:22 pm

hiya benni, your pic was fine buddy. the symbols aren't secret anymore. i was answering bridget's query really.
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:24 pm

ah ok cool! Thanks! It's probably not normal Reiki practice. But I was actually given the ChoKuRei and another symbol from Karuna Reiki I think, a grounding symbol with my level 1 attunement.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:50 pm

as we both know it was Usui Shiki Ryoho, without a doubt (or not, knoweing things nowadays, hehe) you'd bene intiated with CKR. Though in that style it's not th eold way to be intiiated into using it. Though, if CKR was placed in hands, then that would initiate into use, and if you were taught it's use.

i'm suspecting being taught it at level 1, and a Karuna symbol (Karuna only availabe to masters of Usui Reiki), it's a cross-fertilization of things.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:03 pm

looooool!!!! Very Happy! great lecture u sent me by the way Wayne! thanks a lot m8! Smile study

and yes she said that she normally wouldn't teach any symbols to level 1's but her intuition told her to....

Last edited by Milarepa on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : posting guidlines, :).)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:42 am

LuvSoulJah wrote:looooool!!!! Very Happy! great lecture u sent me by the way Wayne! thanks a lot m8! Smile study

ahh, hehe, i'm only catching on now mate! Yeah, i'm glad you like it. I think it's a really useful course. when you get to Hatsurei ho, maybe the 2nd or 3rd week i think, things starts to change quite a bit! Have fun!

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:11 am

Some Reiki 1 practitioners teach the symbols
    If you teach Reiki 1/2 together confused

sunny I see symbols as a tool to help us
    focus on what the symbol represents. study
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:22 am

chi_solas wrote:I believe it was Diane Stein who published

Kathleen Milner, founder of Tera-Mai, was the first Westerner to publish the symbols. She did so in print and in VHS.

Diane Stein published similar Reiki symbols afterwards, and her books grew to be more popular than Tera-Mai.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:39 am

Buck wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:I believe it was Diane Stein who published

Kathleen Milner, founder of Tera-Mai, was the first Westerner to publish the symbols. She did so in print and in VHS.

Diane Stein published similar Reiki symbols afterwards, and her books grew to be more popular than Tera-Mai.

I see! I've heard of Kathleen Milner
    her name being linked with another
    Reiki Icon. Did not know she was the
    founder of Tera-Mai. It pays to check
    in on the Reiki Learning Lounge, you
    never know what info you can pick up. lol!
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:36 am

chi_solas wrote:...I never liked secrets.
    I never liked belonging to organizations that
    had secret hand shakes etc;

I think that one of the reasons the handshakes are secret is that some of them are so complex that no one can remember how to do them.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:37 am

Buck what's the purpose behing the handshakes please? Is it to show rank/position?
    EzriReiki
    EzriReiki

Post by EzriReiki Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:47 am

Buck wrote:

Hello,

When did Kathleen Milner put the symbols into print? LuvSoulJah mentioned Mackenzie Clay and the symbols in 1992. I am looking at a copy of Mackenzie's second Reiki book published that year, One Step Forward For Reiki, on page 16 is a symbol combining a cross and two ckr's. Page 38 has a picture of the master symbol, and page 45 shows the shk.

EZRI
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:09 am

Milarepa wrote:Buck what's the purpose behing the handshakes please? Is it to show rank/position?

In a way it is for rank/position, but in the past, it was mostly to prevent those unqualified from receiving food and wages for work they did not do. I think that in modern terms we could say that the handshakes were used to identify who was in the union, and who was not.
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:19 am

amazing the power of words are too..... just reading about Reiki is making my hands radiate.... could boil a kettle with em... lol tea anybody? Very Happy
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:33 am

LuvSoulJah wrote:amazing the power of words are too..... just reading about Reiki is making my hands radiate.... could boil a kettle with em... lol tea anybody? Very Happy

Sure I'll have some green tea
    Thank you Reiki Symbols 850837

Body language has a lot of power.
    Drawing the Reiki symbols in the
    air over a client/student calls on
    balance and harmony. Using my 3rd
    eye to draw the symbols I can send
    Reiki from here to there in a split
    second. I just need an accepting
    person to receive on the other end. Sleep

I understand that the Reiki symbols
    where to be memorized. Most people
    are visual learners. Photographic
    memory and memorizing are different
    so diversity within the Reiki world
    would be limited to only those with
    photographic memories or would that be
    10,000. confused study
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:03 pm

LuvSoulJah wrote:amazing the power of words are too..... just reading about Reiki is making my hands radiate.... could boil a kettle with em... lol tea anybody? Very Happy

hiy Benni, check out: http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/questions-answers-f8/is-it-my-reiki-t711.htm for another alternative look about why the hands could get warm, Smile.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:00 am

I've noticed that there are variations
    of symbols used by different groups.
    I've been told it depends on the
    Japanese dialect being translated. confused
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:52 am

If u follow that link i started this thread with, u may find some answers ! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:27 pm