Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

symbols and reiki energy

queen of clean
    queen of clean

symbols and reiki energy Empty symbols and reiki energy

Post by queen of clean Sat May 07, 2011 1:45 pm

flower
    i have a question Question
    i sometimes feel annoyed with the symbols as though they get in the way Question

am i the only one this happens to Question
    is this wrong somehow Question

also i was wondering about something i heard or read that usui didn't teach the symbols to all of his students only when he believed his student's needed them to better understand reiki energy Question
    could someone clarify this for me Question
    thanks queen
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

symbols and reiki energy Empty Re: symbols and reiki energy

Post by Milarepa Sat May 07, 2011 10:14 pm

queen of clean wrote: flower
    i have a question Question
    i sometimes feel annoyed with the symbols as though they get in the way Question

am i the only one this happens to Question
    is this wrong somehow Question

I felt the same for some time. Symbols don't 'need' to be used, as in consciously, every time.

Is it the symbols 'getting in the way', or is it your assumption that you HAVE to use them?

Moving from a percieved need to use them, and continuing to use them for the joy of discovery, moves us away from any ego. I'd suggest, that to one degree or another, it's often a case of ego even when a practitioner used them on others. Taking away any purpose to use them, and keep using them maybe?

queen of clean wrote:
    also i was wondering about something i heard or read that usui didn't teach the symbols to all of his students only when he believed his student's needed them to better understand reiki energy Question
    could someone clarify this for me Question
    thanks queen

This is without a doubt correct. Level 1 no symbols are taught. Level 2 they are. Acdemic study, snd experiencing the Reiki experience via use of the symbols do help us better understand Reiki.

anyone who feels they not longer need this (and i was one, and cast the symbols aside for a time), it's more our own ego, when WE judge how far spiritually we are. Smile

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Mon May 09, 2011 5:01 am

Hi Queen
    queen of clean wrote:... i sometimes feel annoyed with the symbols as though they get in the way Question

It has often been said that becoming annoyed about something, whether it be a person, a situation - or in this, case a symbol - can often be the subconscious's way of drawing the conscious mind's attention to the fact we are missing something, and that we may need a change of perspective.

queen of clean wrote:is this wrong somehow Question

only if you feel it is Smile

queen of clean wrote:

This is indeed one version of the story, though not the only one...

queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Thu May 12, 2011 8:22 pm

flower
    It has often been said that becoming annoyed about something, whether it be a person, a situation - or in this, case a symbol - can often be the subconscious's way of drawing the conscious mind's attention to the fact we are missing something, and that we may need a change of perspective.
    i think you're right

on the subject of symbols

another question?

the symbol's mantras remain the same for every reiki student as far as i'm aware then why are their drawings so different?
    i was told to use the symbols as i was taught by my teacher! does that mean then that if i were to use the shk for example and draw the symbol the way someone else was taught that it wouldn't be effective Question confused

flower queen
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Thu May 12, 2011 8:45 pm

queen of clean wrote:
    the symbol's mantras remain the same for every reiki student as far as i'm aware ...

No, there are different 'mantras' used by certain Reiki schools Smile

queen of clean wrote:
    ...i was told to use the symbols as i was taught by my teacher! does that mean then that if i were to use the shk for example and draw the symbol the way someone else was taught that it wouldn't be effective Question confused

flower queen

Simple answer:

Try it and judge for yourself

(that way, if your client suddenly begins to emit a radioactive glow, then explodes in a cloud of pink mist, you have no one to blame but yourself! Laughing )
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu May 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Rlei_ki wrote:
    queen of clean wrote:
    the symbol's mantras remain the same for every reiki student as far as i'm aware ...

No, there are different 'mantras' used by certain Reiki schools Smile

queen of clean wrote:
    ...i was told to use the symbols as i was taught by my teacher! does that mean then that if i were to use the shk for example and draw the symbol the way someone else was taught that it wouldn't be effective Question confused

flower queen

Simple answer:

(that way, if your client suddenly begins to emit a radioactive glow, then explodes in a cloud of pink mist, you have no one to blame but yourself! Laughing )

lol!

"try it and judge for yourself is good advise" symbols and reiki energy 850837
    queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Fri May 13, 2011 2:35 pm

flower

Simple answer:

(that way, if your client suddenly begins to emit a radioactive glow, then explodes in a cloud of pink mist, you have no one to blame but yourself! )

symbols and reiki energy 837313 symbols and reiki energy 564490 rlei_ki
    queen

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:44 am