Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Milarepa
Frank
MattiT
7 posters

Which REIKI styles to use with WHAT set of mitigating factors?

Which REIKI styles to use with WHAT set of mitigating factors?  Empty Which REIKI styles to use with WHAT set of mitigating factors?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:49 am

HERE IS ANOTHER ASPECT OF THE THREAD, "Which Reiki forms are the most powerful?"
    Question cyclops We can all easily accept the fact that EACH REIKI STYLE has it own frequency. Any research (eg. Biofeedback/ Kirlian/ other) out there to confirm this?
    If the answer is "No", I'll deal with that issue later.

Let's continue on for the moment...If you can identify a REIKI FORM of healing based on it's frequency, what purpose would it serve? The frequency has to be associated with SOMETHING. Such as "Which frequency is more effective in (chronic cases)?"
    Shall I use Karuna; Usui; or whatever?

What about the FREQUENCIES of the "Practitioner" him/herself? What is their INDIVIDUAL Energy Profile? Is there a "REIKI STYLE" that they're not comfortable with? If they're not comfortable with something, then they shouldn't use it, otherwise they MIGHT be compromising the results (manifested upon the RECIPIENT of the healing session).

IF you were to KNOW YOUR ENERGY PROFILE (with some help from Biofeedback & Kirlian Technology) and you were ATTUNED TO A SELECTION of Reiki "styles" (each one managed to [b]a certain degree
    by TECHNOLOGY) then you can have a better insight into which COMBINATION to use and WHY. Combining in a logical way to opt for maximum results.

REIKI (we don't know about the frequencies of each style)? Then we have a lot of work ahead of us. It's do-ABLE, not rocket science.
    Couldn't we have Reiki Practitioners meditate on their Respective Symbols while they are hooked up to Biofeedback machines? Maybe (if we get enough participants) we can look at their graphs and translate these results.

Part 2 of this investigation. AFTER we can IDENTIFY each Reiki Form by its corresponding frequency; we can have the PRACITIONERS do the healing sessions; and then evaluate the results. PRIOR to the session we can take a KIRLIAN map of each recipient.
    AFTER the session; we can take ANOTHER KIRLIAN map for comparison purposes.
    HOW DOES IT LOOK NOW?

I'll have to stop here...because there are too many "mitigating factors" (which can be managed by the design of the experiments/ in what sequence) BUT it's NOT ROCKET SCIENCE. We have the rudimentary technology; we CAN design experiments to PROVE that REIKI works and some of the ways in which it works. AND THEN WE CAN STICK IT TO THE SCIENTISTS, (all those that need to "grow-up").

MattiT
    MattiT

Which REIKI styles to use with WHAT set of mitigating factors?  Empty Frequencies

Post by MattiT Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:41 am

Does each Reiki style have their own frequency?

I'm open to any test results that may prove otherwise, but until then, I rather trust my personal experiences that suggest against this. If each style had their own frequency, wouldn't each practicioner then need a magnitude of different styles, and wouldn't they also have to be able to diagnose which frequency to use for each patient?

In my opinion (for what it's worth), each style has the ability to scan through a large spectrum of frequencies, and to either recognize the required frequency or let the patient's own system decide which energy it needs. There may be small differences in the energy spectrum of different styles, but they are probably not even significant compared to individual differences between healers. The actual differences lie in the method of using the energy, not in the energy itself.

To me, this is almost like arguing which language can best describe the true meaning. There may be deficiencies in some languages, there may actually be a few "pig latins" out there that don't convey any meaning, but mostly there are more or less fluent speakers of different languages and almost any idea can be described in any established language.

And also, like in languages, people tend to get excessively verbose when, in fact, the meaning is best conveyed using compact, simple language... that's why I like the original Usui Reiki Very Happy

Which REIKI styles to use with WHAT set of mitigating factors?  Empty Re: Which REIKI styles to use with WHAT set of mitigating factors?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:31 am

First off, I thank you for opinion, but I will have to basically disagree with you and I'll tell you why. LAWS OF PHYSICS. When you examine the light spectrum carefully, you cannot deny that each FREQUENCY does different things. Infrared/ microwave/ UV/ radio waves/you name it (the possibilities are endless). All these frequencies are DIFFERENT. When you are channeling energy (and you are the conduit) it's the FREQUENCY that has priority over the (deliverer). YOU (as the channeler)are only a "human" and therefore your ability to impact on the ENERGY (WHICH COMES FROM THE UNIVERSE PERMEATES EVERYTHING) is only secondary (minimally, insignificantly, or not at all). DON'T FORGET: we are dealing with "Universal Healing Energy here" which is WAY more difficult to harness than a SPECIFIC frequency (such as a laser beam). ONLY TEST RESULTS will provide further undeniable insight into this matter.

And what is this practice of "removing jewelry prior to a session"? Energy permeates EVERYTHING. Makes me think "what kind of reiki system is this"? (not all THAT effective). You break a glass filled with water; can you stop the liquid (IMMEDIATELY) from speading? Same principle.

You ARE right about Practitioners getting with the program and learn OTHER FORMS of REIKI. To diagnose which frequency for what patient you'd have to narrow down and pick the one (or two) of the forms you believe are best suited for THAT person.

Now based on TEST results of the BULK EXPERIMENTS (we could better predict) with ENERGY READINGS (via kirlian photography BEFORE & AFTER session) Which PROFILES DO NOT (or Do) respond optimally with A SPECIFIC REIKI/ its signature frequency.

In the end; WE (as practitioners) ARE NOT all THAT important. It's the UNIVERSAL SOURCE that is.

If you are comfortable with only USUI, than that's what you were meant to do. People who research for new information that can be applied across the board (well, that's like me). The Universal Energy knows what it's doing. It needs a MYRIAD of people (each with his/her own purpose).

And I agree about "symbols"...much simpler than "verbosity". That's why I like "equations"; "musical notation" so much...less BLAH/BLAH and they're languages that are considered "universal".

MattiT
    MattiT

Which REIKI styles to use with WHAT set of mitigating factors?  Empty Re: Which REIKI styles to use with WHAT set of mitigating factors?

Post by MattiT Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:33 am

DameMantis wrote:I thank you for opinion, but I will have to basically disagree with you and I'll tell you why. LAWS OF PHYSICS. When you examine the light spectrum carefully, you cannot deny that each FREQUENCY does different things. Infrared/ microwave/ UV/ radio waves/you name it (the possibilities are endless). All these frequencies are DIFFERENT.

Dear Mantis, it seems we have to agree to disagree on this one.

Sure, I don't deny that different frequencies of EM radiation have very different effects. Reiki may or may not be based on EM (there are no definite research results that I know of) and in either case, we don't know enough yet about the physics of reiki to define the role of frequency in the healing process.

However, your theory seems to presume that one style of reiki only can heal certain kind of problems, and/or only works on a limited number of people. I wonder where that puts Mr Usui, who only used the one style he developed himself. His method was, after all, reliable enough to bring him the reputation that has kept his legacy alive to this day.

DameMantis wrote:we are dealing with "Universal Healing Energy here" which is WAY more difficult to harness than a SPECIFIC frequency (such as a laser beam). ONLY TEST RESULTS will provide further undeniable insight into this matter.

Actually laser is not a frequency but a process of stimulated emission which can be applied to a number of frequencies... Anyway, the universal life energy should not be that difficult to harness. Isn't that the very thing all living things are specifically designed to do?

As Mr Usui said in the Reiki Ryoho Hikkei: Every living, breathing being possesses the spiritual ability to heal. This is true of plants, animals, fish and insects, but it is humans - the culmination of creation - who possess the greatest power.

But as you say, without test results it is rather pointless to argue.

DameMantis wrote:And what is this practice of "removing jewelry prior to a session"? Energy permeates EVERYTHING. Makes me think "what kind of reiki system is this"? (not all THAT effective).

Or else, "how much these people actually know about what they're practicing?" Rolling Eyes
    It appears there is much superstition within reiki circles. Individual teachers may have misunderstood something or added precautions "just in case," and it is repeated on and on from teacher to student without anybody questioning the validity...

DameMantis wrote:If you are comfortable with only USUI, than that's what you were meant to do. People who research for new information that can be applied across the board (well, that's like me). The Universal Energy knows what it's doing. It needs a MYRIAD of people (each with his/her own purpose).

If it was good enough for Mr Usui, it certainly is good enough for me. Cool
    Of course we will probably never know exactly how Mr Usui practiced reiki, but at least we know a lot about what he didn't do.

For each their own, and I certainly welcome any new information. I just don't presume that if something is new, it is by default better than the old way. Or vice versa, for that matter.
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:05 am

Hi,

This is also an interesting thread.

In my experience, the energy frequencies that are present in one's energy field depend on that person's spiritual development (way of life, attitude to life, thoughts, emotions, actions, level of consciousness / insight). This is also something that is taught in the more 'original' style of Usui Reiki Ryōhō I practise.
    The energy that one is able to pass on in treatments or attunements also depend on these same things.

In "Seichem operating on a higher frequency than Usui" I described the goal of Usui-sensei's teachings - being one with The Light, being Reiki.

"Reiki" or The Light contains all imaginable energy frequencies.
    It is the full spectrum of energies. You could compare it with sunlight. Sunlight is the complete spectrum. You can see that it consists of many frequencies (colours) by letting the light go through a prism. These frequencies have different characteristics, exactly as DameMantis explains.

Well, spiritual Light (Reiki) can be compared with this.
    It is the full spectrum and all frequencies have different characteristics and features.

It depends on our spiritual development (attitude to life, thought, acts, insight etc.) (for lack of a better word) to what part(s) of the energy spectrum we are tuned in.... with what part(s) of the spectrum we resonate.

If someone is spiritually enlightened, he/she is One with that full spectrum.
    Or, in other words.. when you are One with that full spectrum 24/7, you're spiritually enlightened.

(So I would never say or claim that I give "Reiki" Wink )

So, not only is it possible that different Reiki styles use different energies, but it is also possible (in my opinion it is almost completely certain) that the range of energy frequencies someone is able to pass on differs from person to person (because there is a lot of difference between people's spiritual growth and everyone's path is unique).

It is, viewed from a more 'original' Usui Reiki Ryōhō perspective, the practitioner's task to purify his/her energy (with Gokai, meditations/techniques, receiving Reiju, treatment) and to come as close to the Light as possible. And eventually... be One with the Light.

When treatments are concerned, a practitioner should also ensure that he/she is as close to the Light as possible for him/her at that particular moment at his/her spiritual path. The practitioner lays on his/her hands and lets energy flow according to what is necessary.
    The practitioner learned a method to scan through someone's energy field to find the places where energy is needed and then passes on the necessary energy frequency (or frequencies).

Does this make sense to you?
    Hope this helps..

*Gasshō*
    Frank

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:05 pm

MattiT wrote:
    DameMantis wrote:I thank you for opinion, but I will have to basically disagree with you and I'll tell you why. LAWS OF PHYSICS. When you examine the light spectrum carefully, you cannot deny that each FREQUENCY does different things. Infrared/ microwave/ UV/ radio waves/you name it (the possibilities are endless). All these frequencies are DIFFERENT.

Dear Mantis, it seems we have to agree to disagree on this one.

Sure, I don't deny that different frequencies of EM radiation have very different effects. Reiki may or may not be based on EM (there are no definite research results that I know of) and in either case, we don't know enough yet about the physics of reiki to define the role of frequency in the healing process.

However, your theory seems to presume that one style of reiki only can heal certain kind of problems, and/or only works on a limited number of people. I wonder where that puts Mr Usui, who only used the one style he developed himself. His method was, after all, reliable enough to bring him the reputation that has kept his legacy alive to this day.

DameMantis wrote:we are dealing with "Universal Healing Energy here" which is WAY more difficult to harness than a SPECIFIC frequency (such as a laser beam). ONLY TEST RESULTS will provide further undeniable insight into this matter.

Actually laser is not a frequency but a process of stimulated emission which can be applied to a number of frequencies... Anyway, the universal life energy should not be that difficult to harness. Isn't that the very thing all living things are specifically designed to do?

As Mr Usui said in the Reiki Ryoho Hikkei: Every living, breathing being possesses the spiritual ability to heal. This is true of plants, animals, fish and insects, but it is humans - the culmination of creation - who possess the greatest power.

But as you say, without test results it is rather pointless to argue.

DameMantis wrote:And what is this practice of "removing jewelry prior to a session"? Energy permeates EVERYTHING. Makes me think "what kind of reiki system is this"? (not all THAT effective).

Or else, "how much these people actually know about what they're practicing?" Rolling Eyes
    It appears there is much superstition within reiki circles. Individual teachers may have misunderstood something or added precautions "just in case," and it is repeated on and on from teacher to student without anybody questioning the validity...

DameMantis wrote:If you are comfortable with only USUI, than that's what you were meant to do. People who research for new information that can be applied across the board (well, that's like me). The Universal Energy knows what it's doing. It needs a MYRIAD of people (each with his/her own purpose).

If it was good enough for Mr Usui, it certainly is good enough for me. Cool
    Of course we will probably never know exactly how Mr Usui practiced reiki, but at least we know a lot about what he didn't do.

For each their own, and I certainly welcome any new information. I just don't presume that if something is new, it is by default better than the old way. Or vice versa, for that matter.

Reading through all this "verosity"...I get a clear, combined, message that you have taken more than one of my points and twisted the intent around to fit within your scheme of things. Okay, I won't be rattling your CAGE anymore. It's really not fair, but I have an ace in my pocket which you don't know about. It's a research project that makes me know a few things about the physics of REIKI and so on. I'll leave you to your "devices" and I'll stick with mine. Rolling Eyes study
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:26 pm

aww, c'mon DM, please feel free to provide snymore info you have, Smile. We're all here to discuss varied subjects, and give our different opinions and folks will always take alternate views on anything anyone writes.
    MattiT
    MattiT

Post by MattiT Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:36 am

DameMantis wrote:Reading through all this "verosity"...I get a clear, combined, message that you have taken more than one of my points and twisted the intent around to fit within your scheme of things. Okay, I won't be rattling your CAGE anymore. It's really not fair, but I have an ace in my pocket which you don't know about. It's a research project that makes me know a few things about the physics of REIKI and so on. I'll leave you to your "devices" and I'll stick with mine. Rolling Eyes study

Sorry if you feel that way. I assure you that I don't intentionally "twist" anything. If your intent is misunderstood, please make the effort to explain plain and simple what you actually meant.

Otherwise, you are of course free to "stick with your devices" if that's what you rather do.

About the ace in your pocket, I hope you agree that only the cards on the table count. As I said earlier, I welcome any new information, in case you decide to share it with us.

Milarepa wrote:We're all here to discuss varied subjects, and give our different opinions and folks will always take alternate views on anything anyone writes.

Exactly. I don't expect that we all agree on everything. That will never happen. We should, however, be able to discuss in a civilized way even if we disagree. There is a wealth of wisdom on this forum (I'm naturally not talking about myself here) but what good will that do if we only preach our own view and never listen to the others?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:52 am

Just playing devil's advocate here a minute (though the more I practice and experience Reiki the more incredible, and less electromagnetic, the Reiki effect appears to be!) Twisted Evil

What if Reiki isn't an electromagnetic energy at all? Maybe that's why we can't yet measure it?
    Yes, SQUIDs (SemiConductor Quantum Interferences Devices?) may be able to detect "something" but is that "something" really Reiki or is it something more electromagnetic in nature which Reiki triggers in an individual?

Maybe it is possible to measure phenomena that Reiki can trigger but can we really expect to measure "God Power", as Takata called it?

If Reiki is more of a "spiritual effect" rather than an electromagnetic energy, it would not exist anywhere on the electromagnetic spectrum itself but would possily be able to affect and/or generate specific frequencies of some form of energy in certain circumstances - to provide just what is needed to bring something back to its optimal state of balance.

The apparent differences that some people can detect in the various Reiki styles may be due more to the amount of energetic influence the different practitioners exert on the process alongside the Reiki rather than different frequencies of Reiki itself.

Reiki is Reiki and most of the various styles are only different because of the different ways the practitioner is taught to interact (or interfere!) with the process which generates the Reiki effect (i.e. different symbols, initiations, ideas about protection, visualisation, intent etc. as opposed to remaining compassionately detached).

Just another way of looking at things! Very Happy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:14 pm

and a good way of looking at things! great post!
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:47 am

Colin wrote:
    ...is that "something" really Reiki or is it something more electromagnetic in nature which Reiki triggers in an individual?

...If Reiki is more of a "spiritual effect" rather than an electromagnetic energy, it would not exist anywhere on the electromagnetic spectrum itself but would possily be able to affect and/or generate specific frequencies of some form of energy in certain circumstances - to provide just what is needed to bring something back to its optimal state of balance.

Very Happy

A case of:

"Do not confuse (your) Reiki with the energy influenced by (your) Reiki"
    MattiT
    MattiT

Post by MattiT Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:29 am

Colin wrote:What if Reiki isn't an electromagnetic energy at all? Maybe that's why we can't yet measure it?
    Yes, SQUIDs (SemiConductor Quantum Interferences Devices?) may be able to detect "something" but is that "something" really Reiki or is it something more electromagnetic in nature which Reiki triggers in an individual?

Yes, I've thought about that possibility too and it seems quite possible you're right.

There is a lot we don't yet know about the physics of reiki and in my opinion it would be risky to assume too much.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:51 pm

When explaining Reiki to children
    I have used the electrial system
    to describe the energy flow that
    Reiki has when we plug into the Reiki
    system. bounce
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:36 am

chi_solas wrote:When explaining Reiki to children
    I have used the electrial system
    to describe the energy flow that
    Reiki has when we plug into the Reiki
    system. bounce

Yes, using the concept of "energy" (electricity or subtle) as an analolgy helps us to try and understand Reiki but ultimately I don't think we can say exactly what Reiki is in terms of current scientific paradigms.

By the way, SQUID actually stands for Superconductor Quantum Interference Device (not Semiconductor!) - thanks for the correction, Garry! Embarassed
    EzriReiki
    EzriReiki

Post by EzriReiki Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:24 am

Hello Colin

Colin wrote:

Yes, using the concept of "energy" (electricity or subtle) as an analolgy helps us to try and understand Reiki but ultimately I don't think we can say exactly what Reiki is in terms of current scientific paradigms.

For me personally, I take some comfort from what Takata said about Reiki all those years ago, that it still holds true today: “This power is incomprehensible to man, yet every single living being is receiving its blessings.” Is a cold scientific comprehension really something to look forward to, or is part of the magic of Reiki in the mystery of Reiki? But I suppose there is always a wanting to know, to explain, to grasp.
    We all come from different Reiki backgrounds here, so I wanted to share some of the ways Takata tried to explain Reiki to people. (The words and expressions here are from her own notes and from published interviews.) Sometimes, but not always, Takata used the analogy of “energy” in her attempts to describe Reiki. Sometimes, she talked of “Universal Life Energy”, and this is the expression most people are familiar with and commonly repeat to others. But Takata also used the words “cosmic energy”, and sometimes simply “Life Energy”. In the pages of her notebook saved by her daughter, she even wrote about Reiki being “Energy within oneself”. Then at other times, Takata talked about Reiki as a “force”: “the Universal Life Force”, “a universal force from the Divine Spirit”, “the dynamic force that governs the universe”, “It is a limitless force. It is the source of energy that makes the plants grow, the birds fly”. Sometimes she talked of Reiki as a “power”: “an unseen spiritual power that radiates vibration and lifts one into harmony”,”God-Power” (as Colin has mentioned), “it is God’s power made available to those who desire to be free of suffering”, “Your Reiki power is like an aura”, "It is Nature. It is God, the power He makes available to His children”. She also talked of it as a “wave”: “a universal wave”, “an ether wave”, “It is an ethereal source, a wave length of great power which can revitalise; restore harmony", ”a radionic wave like radio”.

Cosmic energy, (universal) life energy, universal life force, an aura, spiritual power, god-power, an ether wave, a radionic wave, is Reiki some of these, all of these, or is it none of these? And will knowing really make our Reiki practice any better?

EZRI
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:18 am

EzriReiki wrote:Hello Colin

Colin wrote:

For me personally, I take some comfort from what Takata said about Reiki all those years ago, that it still holds true today: “This power is incomprehensible to man, yet every single living being is receiving its blessings.” Is a cold scientific comprehension really something to look forward to, or is part of the magic of Reiki in the mystery of Reiki? But I suppose there is always a wanting to know, to explain, to grasp.
    We all come from different Reiki backgrounds here, so I wanted to share some of the ways Takata tried to explain Reiki to people. (The words and expressions here are from her own notes and from published interviews.) Sometimes, but not always, Takata used the analogy of “energy” in her attempts to describe Reiki. Sometimes, she talked of “Universal Life Energy”, and this is the expression most people are familiar with and commonly repeat to others. But Takata also used the words “cosmic energy”, and sometimes simply “Life Energy”. In the pages of her notebook saved by her daughter, she even wrote about Reiki being “Energy within oneself”. Then at other times, Takata talked about Reiki as a “force”: “the Universal Life Force”, “a universal force from the Divine Spirit”, “the dynamic force that governs the universe”, “It is a limitless force. It is the source of energy that makes the plants grow, the birds fly”. Sometimes she talked of Reiki as a “power”: “an unseen spiritual power that radiates vibration and lifts one into harmony”,”God-Power” (as Colin has mentioned), “it is God’s power made available to those who desire to be free of suffering”, “Your Reiki power is like an aura”, "It is Nature. It is God, the power He makes available to His children”. She also talked of it as a “wave”: “a universal wave”, “an ether wave”, “It is an ethereal source, a wave length of great power which can revitalise; restore harmony", ”a radionic wave like radio”.

Cosmic energy, (universal) life energy, universal life force, an aura, spiritual power, god-power, an ether wave, a radionic wave, is Reiki some of these, all of these, or is it none of these? And will knowing really make our Reiki practice any better?

EZRI

In the 1st chapter page 1 of
    Helen Haberly's.............
    "Hawayo Takata's Story".

There are many legends about the healing miracle of these great teachers, but such great stories were easily dismissed when there had been no demonstrations of it for hundreds of years-if, indeed such events had ever occured. Those who insisted upon "proof" found none,so the one's who believed that such things were possible held this quietly to themselves, knowing there was no way to prove what they believed.

I have experienced this as have
    many folks through the decades.
    One person wrote about healing
    from MS and stated that her story
    is controversial. People worry
    that she'll spread false hope,
    even though her MRI's prove the
    lesion that was there is gone.

Her online documentary comes under
    the name katecounterpane.com

I strongly believe that Universal,
    Cosmic,God,higher self energies are
    continously flowing and that we do
    not use it to our potential. Other
    stuff gets in our way. Maybe it is
    this "proof" that is the barrier to
    understand rather than just accept
    the gift of innate healing.
    sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:47 pm