Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+7
chi_solas
Milarepa
thehungrycaterpillar
Thaak
KelleyB
Colin
Rlei_ki
11 posters

new Reiki Styles...

Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

new Reiki Styles... Empty new Reiki Styles...

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:55 pm

How much does someone have to modify an existing style of Reiki before they can legitimately describe it as new style?.
    Question
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

new Reiki Styles... Empty Re: new Reiki Styles...

Post by Colin Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:41 am

Rlei_ki wrote:How much does someone have to modify an existing style of Reiki before they can legitimately describe it as new style?.
    Question
    Or...maybe should that be how little does someone have to modify an existing style of Reiki before they can legitimately describe it as new style? Karuna Ki? Gendai-Ki? Komyo-Ki? Reiki-Ki? Waiki-Ki? (Sorry - just made that one up! Laughing )

More seriously, I would imagine that to be a new style it would have to have changes to one or more of the following:
    Symbols (Shirushi)
    Attunement Process (Reiju)
    Hand Healing Techniques (Teate)
    Reiki Principles (Gokai)
    Meditation Techniques
    Now, where I have heard those 5 elements before? scratch
    Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    KelleyB
    KelleyB
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by KelleyB Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:00 am

isn't reiki just reiki....no matter the style applied....the essence is the same....the universal energy....the intention.....a label is but a label
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:02 pm

KelleyB wrote:isn't reiki just reiki....no matter the style applied....the essence is the same....the universal energy....the intention.....a label is but a label

True, but each style tends to state things slightly differently, and each style says they are better or deeper at one thing or another than some other style.

But ultimately, there are a few styles out there that I feel are complimentary rather than different. A slightly different frequency of energy that works in concert with all the other energies.

But it does tend to be alarming that everyone seems to "discover" some new energy healing system as soon as they are attuned to Reiki.

The fellow I received my Seichim Reiki attunement from has probably about 10 to 15 healing systems that he's channeled or been gifted by his angels. Now I'm not saying that it isn't so. Far be it for me to say it isn't so.

But I do think one needs to be discerning. If something really speaks to you, and intuitively you feel its important for your growth. Go for it. But don't mortgage the house to get every and any attunement you can. And that even goes for the most popular of systems out there.

Andy
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:46 am

True, but each style tends to state things slightly differently, and each style says they are better or deeper at one thing or another than some other style.

Nice observation! Smile

But ultimately, there are a few styles out there that I feel are complimentary rather than different. A slightly different frequency of energy that works in concert with all the other energies.

Ditto, as above,
    and I feel the same way!

But it does tend to be alarming that everyone seems to "discover" some new energy healing system as soon as they are attuned to Reiki.

Wait until you hear my crazy ideas!!
    lol!

It may or may not be bad that people are coming up with new systems!
    Some are utterly ridiculous or unsuccessful or unpopular!
    But I would like to see systems that specializes in dealing with specific type of illnesses or issues.

For eg:- To deal with Trauma, I want to see a system that's an absolute best!
    To deal with Middle school Kids issues, To deal with the ailing Elderly and ones about to depart, The Special Needs.... etc,. etc,.

I would want to do it. I want to find a system first that will satisfy what I am looking for. If it's already there, I will double over in joy and use it and if not I would want to 'put something together'!

drunken
    KelleyB
    KelleyB
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by KelleyB Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:50 am

Thaak wrote: Seichim Reiki attunement

Hi Andy, I am wondering about the title Seichim Reiki - Arent they two different disciplines that some practitioners combine?

And, if a Reiki style is applied, isn' that just like saying 'my name's Kelley, this is my style of Reiki therefore it's "Kelley Reiki" '?

I do wonder at people feeling the need to be 'qualified' / trained in every new style or therapy that seems to arise. I can understand a hunger for knowledge and experience, but if the pre-requisite is self practice above all else, then maybe thats where people could focus their attentions more constructively.....

cheers
    Kell
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:59 am

KelleyB wrote:
    Thaak wrote: Seichim Reiki attunement

Hi Andy, I am wondering about the title Seichim Reiki - Arent they two different disciplines that some practitioners combine?

And, if a Reiki style is applied, isn' that just like saying 'my name's Kelley, this is my style of Reiki therefore it's "Kelley Reiki" '?

I do wonder at people feeling the need to be 'qualified' / trained in every new style or therapy that seems to arise. I can understand a hunger for knowledge and experience, but if the pre-requisite is self practice above all else, then maybe thats where people could focus their attentions more constructively.....

cheers
    Kell

I've outgrown my need for attunements, but I was an attunement junkie there for awhile. I took this particular class most recently because I had the extra cash, extra time, and Patrick Ziegler popped his head in on Reiki-4-All a few times and I had some interesting conversation with him.

There are about 5 different hands-on-energy systems that use some variation of the word Seichim, Seikhim, Seichem, et. al. Patrick Ziegler's style was discovered as he snuck into the pyramids of Egypt one night and meditated there over night. Within a couple months he did that, then got attuned to Reiki in Sudan I think, and then had some experiences with a wise one or shaman somewhere in Eastern African (may have also been Sundan).

He makes no bones about it, he feels it is merely an extension of Reiki, not an entirely different style.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed in the class I took, but that's ok.

I think it was important so that I could truly know that I don't "need" anything more than I already have. Something I'd discovered already, but then just got the proof.

Zeigler's style is now called All Love, but I trained with someone who was still calling it Seichem Reiki.

The only system I think I will continue to receive attunements in is Amanohuna, as I'd like to be able to give classes in it at some point. Otherwise I don't think I will take any more classes just for me.

Andy
    KelleyB
    KelleyB
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by KelleyB Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:23 am

Hey there Andy,

I hope I didn't come across as criicising you or anyone else personally....I am merely curious as to the nature of 'Seichem Reiki' - Ziegler sounds like an interesting character, and I am sure that he has had some amazing experiences....and other 'styles' of reiki....

I'm a member of Reiki Federation Ireland, and we have some pretty clear guidelines in our Constitution which includes a 'definition' of Reiki:

'Definition of Reiki' Reiki is an ancient non-intrusive complementary therapy. A hands on healing energy technique, Reiki enhances the body's own innate natural ability to heal itself on all levels. Reiki complements conventional medicine.

RFI does not recognise any other therapy (e.g. Angel therapy, Crystal therapy) as part of the Reiki system of healing. While these therapies are sometimes used in conjunction with Reiki, it is imperative that the client and Reiki students are informed of the clear distinction between Reiki and other healing modalities. Reiki is an individual healing art in its own right.

to see the Constitution in its full form see http://www.reikifederationireland.com/General/Constitution.html

quick on the responses y'are too!! Wink Headin to bed now...night night
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:07 pm

KelleyB wrote:Hey there Andy,

I hope I didn't come across as criicising you or anyone else personally....I am merely curious as to the nature of 'Seichem Reiki' - Ziegler sounds like an interesting character, and I am sure that he has had some amazing experiences....and other 'styles' of reiki....

I'm a member of Reiki Federation Ireland, and we have some pretty clear guidelines in our Constitution which includes a 'definition' of Reiki:

'Definition of Reiki' Reiki is an ancient non-intrusive complementary therapy. A hands on healing energy technique, Reiki enhances the body's own innate natural ability to heal itself on all levels. Reiki complements conventional medicine.

RFI does not recognise any other therapy (e.g. Angel therapy, Crystal therapy) as part of the Reiki system of healing. While these therapies are sometimes used in conjunction with Reiki, it is imperative that the client and Reiki students are informed of the clear distinction between Reiki and other healing modalities. Reiki is an individual healing art in its own right.

to see the Constitution in its full form see http://www.reikifederationireland.com/General/Constitution.html

quick on the responses y'are too!! Wink Headin to bed now...night night

chuckle... no offense taken.

I agree with this pretty much.

However, just because someone uses the term Reiki, doesn't mean they are trying to rewrite or minimize what Reiki is. Even if the end result does sort of minimize the public opinion of Reiki even a little.

I think many folks use the term Reiki when they have created or discovered a new healing system, because that is the prevalent word out there to use.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:58 pm

Thaak wrote:
    I think it was important so that I could truly know that I don't "need" anything more than I already have. Something I'd discovered already, but then just got the proof.

Yeah, i have had the same kinda thing with me. Even as late at Christmas there, i felt i needed something like Sekhem, for my long-term illness, after all, it is promoted as more 'powerful' than Reiki. Through advise, and then thinking, i realised even if it was more 'powerful', that necessarily isn't what is best for me at any given time.

Thaak wrote:
    Zeigler's style is now called All Love, but I trained with someone who was still calling it Seichem Reiki.

Yeah, now, there's no attunement as such. through dynamic exercises, dance, meditiation, etc, everything is left to you & source. Of course, it's entirely possible, that nothing will happen in a workshop, but if it does, by the looks of things, it's quite an expereince.

KelleyB wrote:

I hope I didn't come across as criicising you or anyone else personally....I am merely curious as to the nature of 'Seichem Reiki' - Ziegler sounds like an interesting character, and I am sure that he has had some amazing experiences....

Jeepers, he came over to Ireland last year, via my invitation. He was here in the north. I was unable to attend though, partly cause of illness. Still, he did tell my RMT he'll be back.

take care
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:23 pm

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    I want to find a system first that will satisfy what I am looking for. If it's already there, I will double over in joy and use it and if not I would want to 'put something together'!

drunken
    Hmm..I've heard of this really great system called Usui Reiki Ryoho - why not give it a try!
    Laughing cheers lol!
    Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:35 pm

Colin wrote:
    I want to find a system first that will satisfy what I am looking for. If it's already there, I will double over in joy and use it and if not I would want to 'put something together'!

drunken
    Hmm..I've heard of this really great system called Usui Reiki Ryoho - why not give it a try!
    Laughing cheers lol!
    Ai to Hikari
    Colin

hehe, i've heard of an even better one, called Usui Shiki Ryoho. bounce

Colin's point is valid. You're prob already trained in Usui Shiki Ryoho? There's much 'propaganda' about how apparently incomplete, or 'watered' down Usui Shiki Ryoho is.

And to be honest, there is some truth in this. However, (and i come from both ends of the spectrum) one can take out all the add-ons easily, and leave the expereince/connection to Reiki, the Gokai, and easily find out what Takata sensei taught in general (www.aetw.org is good place to start).

Then again THC, it all depends on what you're needs are, Smile. Although, from personal experience, and others would agree, if one goes down the road of learning new styles, in the hope it makes things more fuller, or complete, what will happens is it may be a continual journey, learning all manner of styles, using a lot of cash, and really, not focussing on any.

Within spirituality, of which Reiki is, if we always look outside ourselves for satisfaction, we may invariably be always disappointed. I know from expereince. Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:04 pm

Colin wrote:

drunken
    Laughing cheers lol!
    Ai to Hikari
    Colin

Does it come with ULFE sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:06 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Colin wrote:

drunken
    Laughing cheers lol!
    Ai to Hikari
    Colin

lol! Mad Smile
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:25 pm

chi_solas wrote:

I think rather, than using regular grade ULFE
    it might possibly run on a higher grade FUEL

Smile
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:27 pm

Rlei_ki wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

Smile

Nah, that George Lucas is a hack! cheeky grin

p.s. For those not understanding this particular pun, I interpreted the acronym FUEL as Force of Universal Life Energy or The Force for short.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Thaak wrote:
    Rlei_ki wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

Smile

Nah, that George Lucas is a hack! cheeky grin

p.s. For those not understanding this particular pun, I interpreted the acronym FUEL as Force of Universal Life Energy or The Force for short.

Actually i disagree Andy. I feel George lucas has always actually meant something more specific, more exact, than the above.

Hehe, did i have you there? Even for a sec? Laughing
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:39 pm

chi_solas wrote:

Do you mean Usui Leiki For Ever? Laughing

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:40 pm

very good Colin, Laughing
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:46 pm

Actually, speaking of (new) Reiki styles, which I believe this topic is about Very Happy

I just came across this transcript of a chat between Arjava Petter, Walter Lubeck, Oliver Klatt and Tadao Yamaguchi, who talk about the similarities of various styles and agree that it is not necessarily the details we teach which matter so much but rather the way we teach and embody what we teach and practice.

http://www.einfach-nur-reiki.de/reiki/usui-system-of-reiki.shtml

Cool

Ai to Hikari

Colin
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:28 am

Colin wrote:Actually, speaking of (new) Reiki styles, which I believe this topic is about Very Happy

I just came across this transcript of a chat between Arjava Petter, Walter Lubeck, Oliver Klatt and Tadao Yamaguchi, who talk about the similarities of various styles and agree that it is not necessarily the details we teach which matter so much but rather the way we teach and embody what we teach and practice.

http://www.einfach-nur-reiki.de/reiki/usui-system-of-reiki.shtml

Cool

Ai to Hikari

Colin

I couldn't agree with this more. I really love this concept.
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:05 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

Smile

lol! sunny
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:12 am

Just jumping in here (as I am wont to do...) Laughing

I am only attuned to Reiki (via the method used by the International Center for Reiki Training/William Lee Rand) but I do use some other healing methods - crystal therapy, angel work and sometimes some of the techniques I learned in Pranic Healing. But I don't consider any of the other things I'm doing an extension of Reiki or a new style. It's like I have a toolbox of things I can use and some of it has to do with either I intuit may be of benefit or because I know a client is receptive to it and they will respond more deeply as a result of that receptivity. Ultimately, regardless of what I choose to use, it's my client who is doing the healing, not me. cheers

I am interested in getting attuned to a couple of different styles but I don't feel like I need to "collect" them. There's still so much about Reiki I need to learn and practice at the level I'm already attuned to!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:29 am

I'm in a big rush atm. One quick comment..

If Jikiden means 'direct teaching', as from Hayashi sensei, how come his name isn't used in the style?

Usui sensei's isn't either, possibly implying as far as Jikiden are concerned, Hayashi sensei changed things? Where does this leave Jikiden, as i know the Yamguchi family get around and decide what is what within jikiden. This isn't 'direct teaching', as far as Hayashi sensei is concerned then, Suspect .

take care
    Wayne
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:10 am

Colin wrote:

drunken
    Laughing cheers lol!
    Ai to Hikari
    Colin

OMG, Hey, I missed all these posts????!!!
    When did this happen?? Very Happy tongue

Umm...may be this was not the right place for my post..
    Very Happy
    B'cos, I didn't mean I wanted to 'discover' my own style of reiki, I , rather was talking about a system to target specific issues. A system that will include Reiki and other methods or modalities. cyclops

Obviously that's what everybody is doing... Nobody does Reiki alone. It is always combined with other modalities.

I am still not backing out...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:12 pm