Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+5
Lambs-Wool
chi_solas
Milarepa
Rlei_ki
wildcarde
9 posters

What do you guys know about Sekhem?(egyptian reiki)

wildcarde
    wildcarde

What do you guys know about Sekhem?(egyptian reiki) Empty What do you guys know about Sekhem?(egyptian reiki)

Post by wildcarde Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:26 am

So,I'm looking into this and came across this site : http://www.harmonyhealing.co.uk/index.htm

Apparently, the melding of reiki and egyptian healing energies as a reiki variant was created by the woman who owns this site. I'm thinking of giving it a try at some point, either as a parallel while I continue on to master under the usui "western" tradition, or maybe just start fresh with this newer system, it seems really interesting. thoughts/ experiences with it? opinions?
    /discuss
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

What do you guys know about Sekhem?(egyptian reiki) Empty Re: What do you guys know about Sekhem?(egyptian reiki)

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:05 pm

wildcarde wrote:So,I'm looking into this and came across this site : http://www.harmonyhealing.co.uk/index.htm

Apparently, the melding of reiki and egyptian healing energies as a reiki variant was created by the woman who owns this site. I'm thinking of giving it a try at some point, either as a parallel while I continue on to master under the usui "western" tradition, or maybe just start fresh with this newer system, it seems really interesting. thoughts/ experiences with it? opinions?
    /discuss

This site refers to
    Sekh Em (Egyptian Reiki)
    and to
    Reyad Sekh Em (Egyptian Healing)

which, I assume are outgrowths of
    Sekhem which was created by Helen Belot (and is now Trademarked)

Sekhem is itself an outgrowth of Patrick Ziegler's system Seichem (which has itself evolved into SHKM)

Seichim (Tera Mai) is yet another development from Patricks system

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

What do you guys know about Sekhem?(egyptian reiki) Empty Re: What do you guys know about Sekhem?(egyptian reiki)

Post by Milarepa Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:33 pm

havn't read the site, but 'Egyptian Sekhem' was created by simon tresalyn. different again from Sekhem, by Belot.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:38 am

Milarepa wrote:havn't read the site, but 'Egyptian Sekhem' was created by simon tresalyn.
    -based on the Sekhem he learnt from KC Chan

See:
    History of Sekhem

Gets confusing with all these different branches:

SKHM, Seichem, Seichim, Sekhem, Sekh Em, Egyptian Sekhem, Ancient Egyptian Sekhem, Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki, Ma'at Sekhem, Reyad Sekh Em ...

And of course, the related "Scarlet Pimpernel" healing art

AKA:

"They Seekim here, Seekim there..."

Rolling Eyes
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:18 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:havn't read the site, but 'Egyptian Sekhem' was created by simon tresalyn.

See:
    History of Sekhem

SKHM, Seichem, Seichim, Sekhem, Sekh Em, Egyptian Sekhem, Ancient Egyptian Sekhem, Sekhem-Seichim-Reiki, Ma'at Sekhem, Reyad Sekh Em ...

AKA:

Rolling Eyes

They seekim everywhere Arrow
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:31 am

lol!
    wildcarde
    wildcarde

Post by wildcarde Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:36 am

Rlei_ki wrote:

See:
    History of Sekhem

AKA:

Rolling Eyes
    lol! also, good lord, I didn't know it was this convoluted..
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:05 am

What do you guys know about Sekhem?(egyptian reiki) 307123 James as always
    I'm learning more about
    different Reiki styles.

I'm always passing your
    website on to new Reiki
    students. study

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:12 am

Hi Wildcarde:
    You don't have to accept all the confusion. May daughter warned me about this (with the different styles of reiki). She started off with USUI to become a Master then moved onto some other ones. I wanted to know why this was so and her answer made perfect sense to me. She said, "Dad, all these reiki styles vibrate on different frequencies. If you don't use the right one for the appropriate person, they might not work on them as well." What this means exactly, I can't tell you. What caught my eye was the Ancient Egyptian Reiki. According to my daughter and some of her friends, this style of reiki vibrates on a very high frequency and if you use it on certain people, it not be effective. In their case, you will have to go down the scale (but this does not mean that the one below is less superior). Let's not think this way because I don't want to invite false assumptions here I am not putting USUI Reiki down.

I hope my answer shed some light on your topic.
    MathMan

Edited 6/29 please follow
    appropriate rules for posting
    What do you guys know about Sekhem?(egyptian reiki) 307123~ Bridget

albino
    wildcarde
    wildcarde

Post by wildcarde Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:26 am

MathMan wrote:Hi Wildcarde:
    You don't have to accept all the confusion. May daughter warned me about this (with the different styles of reiki). She started off with USUI to become a Master then moved onto some other ones. I wanted to know why this was so and her answer made perfect sense to me. She said, "Dad, all these reiki styles vibrate on different frequencies. If you don't use the right one for the appropriate person, they might not work on them as well." What this means exactly, I can't tell you. What caught my eye was the Ancient Egyptian Reiki. According to my daughter and some of her friends, this style of reiki vibrates on a very high frequency and if you use it on certain people, it not be effective. In their case, you will have to go down the scale (but this does not mean that the one below is less superior). Let's not think this way because I don't want to invite false assumptions here I am not putting USUI Reiki down.

I hope my answer shed some light on your topic.
    MathMan

Edited 6/29 please follow
    appropriate rules for posting
    What do you guys know about Sekhem?(egyptian reiki) 307123~ Bridget

albino

Thanks, yes, I've been reading exactly that,the egyptian reiki works on a higher(not better, just a different level) frequency. If that's so, then it would be a great thing to master AFTER I master Usui, using Usui as a "base" for the rest of my studies. I'll just keep following the path I'm on now, as I go along, more info will be revealed, I'm sure..

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:05 am

I asked my daughter, May, further about Sekhem and she (OR Nurse) tells me that she hasn't heard of anyone moving from Usui directly to Sekhem. Almost every one of her other friends and others took Karuna or Kundalini or something else before they got to Sekhem. There is one X-Ray tech. who said that Sekhem gave her "headaches" when she started and had to drop the classes. When she continued with Karuna reiki, what she had before, the headaches all stopped cold turkey. She was convinced that it was the Sekhem that was triggering the headaches.

You, on the other hand, might not have this problem. It's for you to try and see if it sits well with you, I guess.

Good luck in your search.
    MathMan albino
    wildcarde
    wildcarde

Post by wildcarde Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:05 am

MathMan wrote:I asked my daughter, May, further about Sekhem and she (OR Nurse) tells me that she hasn't heard of anyone moving from Usui directly to Sekhem. Almost every one of her other friends and others took Karuna or Kundalini or something else before they got to Sekhem. There is one X-Ray tech. who said that Sekhem gave her "headaches" when she started and had to drop the classes. When she continued with Karuna reiki, what she had before, the headaches all stopped cold turkey. She was convinced that it was the Sekhem that was triggering the headaches.

You, on the other hand, might not have this problem. It's for you to try and see if it sits well with you, I guess.

Good luck in your search.
    MathMan albino

Actually, I forgot about karuna. that's for masters only, if memory serves..I'll probably do that too, before moving on to sekh em.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:31 pm

hi wildcarde, for sure, study these styles if you want, Smile. Can i just advise what was advised to me by a very important person once? experience these styles for the interest sake, not for any supposed advancement. Irrespective of what some styles may claim, Usui Reiki isn't just a starting point or stepping stone. what happens in such a situation is the practitioner thinks (after a while) that they know most of what is to know in Usui Reiki, then move onto something else.

It doesn't work like that. In Usui Reiki, we have the 5 principles, by which we should live all things in life, by. Then we have the experience, which is called Reiki. Both these core fundamentals, consistently reveal truths. Both about ourselves, and reality.

Sometimes it's the case, (and i say this cause i'm an example), we feel that we know enough of the system of Usui Reiki, that we move onto something else, somethign new to experience & study. What we're doing is only giving salve to our most basic part of cosnciousness. you got it, our ego. I guranteee, that never, ever, will we have had everything revealed to us that Usui Reikii can reveal. It's a life-long, on-going process.

If however, we jump from one style to another, we're losing our focus with a primary ideal of Usui Reiki. Mindfullness. We're meant to live by it with our principles, and it's so damn important in HSZSN. Only we, ourselves, can disregard the opportunity Usui Reiki has brought. Smile.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:26 am

Milarepa wrote:
    If however, we jump from one style to another, we're losing our focus with a primary ideal of Usui Reiki. Mindfullness. We're meant to live by it with our principles, and it's so damn important in HSZSN. Only we, ourselves, can disregard the opportunity Usui Reiki has brought. Smile.

probably too many flavours do spoil the taste affraid Smile

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:14 am

it certainly spoils the focus, the mindfullness of the expereince in the deeper well.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:57 am

Milarepa wrote:hi wildcarde, for sure, study these styles if you want, Smile. Can i just advise what was advised to me by a very important person once? experience these styles for the interest sake, not for any supposed advancement. Irrespective of what some styles may claim, Usui Reiki isn't just a starting point or stepping stone. what happens in such a situation is the practitioner thinks (after a while) that they know most of what is to know in Usui Reiki, then move onto something else.

It doesn't work like that. In Usui Reiki, we have the 5 principles, by which we should live all things in life, by. Then we have the experience, which is called Reiki. Both these core fundamentals, consistently reveal truths. Both about ourselves, and reality.

Sometimes it's the case, (and i say this cause i'm an example), we feel that we know enough of the system of Usui Reiki, that we move onto something else, somethign new to experience & study. What we're doing is only giving salve to our most basic part of cosnciousness. you got it, our ego. I guranteee, that never, ever, will we have had everything revealed to us that Usui Reikii can reveal. It's a life-long, on-going process.

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Well said, Wayne! Smile

cheers
    wildcarde
    wildcarde

Post by wildcarde Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:32 am

That helps, thanks..there's so much information, so many reiki variants, so many claims people make..I think I just need to lessen the "background noise" a bit and focus. I'm only 6 weeks into this. long path ahead. Cool
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:46 am

wildcarde wrote:That helps, thanks..there's so much information, so many reiki variants, so many claims people make..I think I just need to lessen the "background noise" a bit and focus. I'm only 6 weeks into this. long path ahead. Cool

May you learn much as you
    travel the long path ahead scratch study bounce
    PatrickZ
    PatrickZ
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by PatrickZ Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi All,

Looks like I missed out on all the fun talk about Sekhem.
    I am Patrick Zeigler and I am the one responsible for the whole
    Sekhem mess Very Happy

If you would like the most accurate info I have a website
    All-Love.com

On the site is a full history of Seichim Sekhem and Seichim.
    Almost 60% of the western Reiki variants have a direct connection to Seichim.

The two most well known are Tera Mai and Kauruna. Then you have all the Seichim
    Variations. You get this when you teach without a manual.

When I first taught Seichim I told people not to make it a lineage and so the lineage was kept hidden. The one thing I did not expect was spiritually minded people would make a small change in the system and then claim they were the founder. Well that is what happened and now Seichim has as many variations as reiki.

Just check out my site and it should clear up much of the muck.

All Love
    Patrick
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:05 am

PatrickZ wrote:Hi All,

Looks like I missed out on all the fun talk about Sekhem.
    I am Patrick Zeigler and I am the one responsible for the whole
    Sekhem mess Very Happy

Warm welcome to the forum Patrick! What kept ya, lol!

oh, i dunno bout being responsible for a mess, you've always delivered, and still do, something quite unique!

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    PatrickZ
    PatrickZ
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by PatrickZ Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi Wayne

Good to see you here.
    I did not know about this forum, but it came up on search for sekhem.

There is so much crazy info about it out there, I thought I would speak up.

The thing with sekhem is that many people have a wide variety of experiences with it.
    This is one reason there are so many varieties.

I like what you said at the beginning of the thread. Many like to float from one
    reiki style to the next and not ever really experiencing the depth of the Reiki
    experience.

I get this all the time with what I teach. I currently call what I teach All-Love
    Many reasons for this, but the core is just healing with love.
    In the class we did today, I just did a demonstration on how just through love
    we can open our hearts and receive Initiations. We just sat in a circle held hands and focused on our heart and all 10 people had a beautiful heart Initiation.

So many people get focused on the method or Technique, they loose the core teachings which are all so simple.

All Love
    Patrick

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:47 pm

PatrickZ wrote:

I get this all the time with what I teach. I currently call what I teach All-Love
    Many reasons for this, but the core is just healing with love.
    In the class we did today, I just did a demonstration on how just through love
    we can open our hearts and receive Initiations. We just sat in a circle held hands and focused on our heart and all 10 people had a beautiful heart Initiation.

So many people get focused on the method or Technique, they loose the core teachings which are all so simple.

I gotta say, when Jacky & I invited you to Ireland, and i was on your site checking out experiences folks have had at your workshop, the look on the faces & the energy obvious to all they were expereincing, was fantastic looking!
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:11 am

Just a quick announcement for those who do not know Patrick...

Patrick became a Reiki Master under Barbara Weber Ray, paying the $10,000 fee (up front). He then traveled to Egypt, managed to spend a night sleeping in the Great Pyramid (there was less technology for security back then, but he barely escaped the security guards), and then started an energy-work practice that became the rage in its time known as SKHM. He did not trademark the term, and some time later someone else usurped it from him by doing so. Patrick changed the name of his energy-work process to All-Love, and now he teaches All-Love full time internationally.

I spoke with Patrick the other day. He is currently teaching in Mexico, then he is off to teach in Chicago. Once he returns home to New Zealand, he'll be providing responses to our interview questions.

The original SKHM taught by Patrick played an instrumental role in the early development and growth of Western Reiki, and many elements of SKHM are sometimes even taught as a part of "Traditional" Reiki (unknown to be SKHM by the teacher).

Patrick's presence here presents the members with an invaluable opportunity to learn about the history of modern Reiki, and to discover how a practice of energy-work can transform and propel a person into a truly amazing experience of life and sharing.

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:34 am

Buck wrote:Just a quick announcement for those who do not know Patrick...

Patrick became a Reiki Master under Barbara Weber Ray, paying the $10,000 fee (up front). He then traveled to Egypt, managed to spend a night sleeping in the Great Pyramid (there was less technology for security back then, but he barely escaped the security guards), and then started an energy-work practice that became the rage in its time known as SKHM. He did not trademark the term, and some time later someone else usurped it from him by doing so. Patrick changed the name of his energy-work process to All-Love, and now he teaches All-Love full time internationally.

I spoke with Patrick the other day. He is currently teaching in Mexico, then he is off to teach in Chicago. Once he returns home to New Zealand, he'll be providing responses to our interview questions.

The original SKHM taught by Patrick played an instrumental role in the early development and growth of Western Reiki, and many elements of SKHM are sometimes even taught as a part of "Traditional" Reiki (unknown to be SKHM by the teacher).

Patrick's presence here presents the members with an invaluable opportunity to learn about the history of modern Reiki, and to discover how a practice of energy-work can transform and propel a person into a truly amazing experience of life and sharing.

I look forward to hearing more from himself (Patrick) study
    PatrickZ
    PatrickZ
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by PatrickZ Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi Steve and Wayne

Steve I only paid Barbra 5,000. For what she called 3a back then.
    My trip to Egypt was 4 years before I took reiki.
    I was at a Healing school in NM when I came across Reiki.

To Wayne

You know I will be back in Belfast in Feb.
    Yes , people have amazing experiences, most are
    Reiki Masters. Many comment it is best experience of their life.
    and the Energy is getting to be fantastic. Way beyond my wildest
    expectations.

All Love
    Patrick

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:36 am