Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Some ways are better than others

Frank
    Frank

Some ways are better than others Empty Some ways are better than others

Post by Frank Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:42 am

Hi,

The only thing that -in the end- really matters, is what happens in your Heart.
    All other things are side issues or are an aid on the path of discovering and opening your Heart and raising your consciousness.

Don't stare at techniques too much or too long. In the end, it is not the technique or the Reiki branch that matters. It is your level of consciousness, your energy.... your Heart that matters.

Yet, some paths are more effective than others.

*Gasshō*
    Frank

Last edited by Milarepa on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : split from: http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/t1284-usui-shiki-ryoho-the-formless-path)
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Some ways are better than others Empty Re: Some ways are better than others

Post by chi_solas Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:00 am

Frank wrote:Hi,

All other things are side issues or are an aid on the path of discovering and opening your Heart and raising your consciousness.

Don't stare at techniques too much or too long. In the end, it is not the technique or the Reiki branch that matters. It is your level of consciousness, your energy.... your Heart that matters.

*Gasshō*
    Frank

Frank, are you referring to the
    practitioner or the client Question
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:19 am

Frank wrote:

that elitist ideology is propogated by folks wishing to further their own styles.

In reality, it is the depth of the practitoners experience, and their perception, that dictates it's effectiveness.
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:36 am

that elitist ideology is propogated by folks wishing to further their own styles.

There is nothing elitist about it. I am sad to read that you think it is.
    Things are what they are. And that is fine.

I'm not saying which ways are more effective than others Wink
    I couldn't and I don't have the right to.
    (That also depends on the person, of course)

I'm not talking about Reiki styles in particular, I'm not talking about specific religions, lifestyles or whatever.

If you want to go from London to Amsterdam, there are millions of different ways to choose from. Some more effective than others.

If you want to boil an egg, there are several things you can do. Some things (like pouring water in a pan) are wise to do. Other things (such as -not- using fire but rubbing the egg until it boils) might not be very useful or effective.

There is nothing elitist about a way of boiling an egg being more effective than another. Or is there? (I might of course be wrong.)

In the same way there are millions of ways to open up your Heart or to raise your consciousness. Some of them (in general!) being more effective than others (because there are of course also ways of closing/neglecting/denying/etc. your Heart).

There is nothing wrong and nothing elitist about that.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Some ways are better than others Empty Some ways are better than others

Post by Milarepa Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:54 am

the way you're saying is best is the current way you expierience Reiki. i'll be honest with you Frank, just because you've accepted one way is better above all others hardly means it is the case for all.

What is true with Reiki, and with this actual topic (i'm splitting it now as it's now not topic related), is that,and indeed this forum, is that no one single expresssion of interaction with Reiki is better than another. It depends on the individual. This has been explored here often, and i'd warrant it's the common consenus.

wamrest wishes
    Wayne
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:18 am

Hi Wayne,

I am not talking about Reiki in particular. I already said that.

There are things you can do to open your Heart. Millions of ways.
    As many ways as there are people.

Would you please have a look at what I wrote here:

I'm not talking about Reiki styles in particular, I'm not talking about specific religions, lifestyles or whatever.

If you want to go from London to Amsterdam, there are millions of different ways to choose from. Some more effective than others.

If you want to boil an egg, there are several things you can do. Some things (like pouring water in a pan) are wise to do. Other things (such as -not- using fire but rubbing the egg until it boils) might not be very useful or effective.

There is nothing elitist about a way of boiling an egg being more effective than another. Or is there? (I might of course be wrong.)

Am I wrong here?
    Is every way to boil an egg equally effective?
    Is every way to travel from London to Amsterdam equally effective?

I am -not- talking about Reiki styles in particular.

A Reiki style is just a Reiki style. It's not about the techniques, the styles, the lineages. It is all about what happens in your Heart. If that's okay, everything's okay.

Milarepa wrote:It depends on the individual.

I thought I already said that by writing "(That also depends on the person, of course)".

Milarepa wrote:just because you've accepted one way is better above all others hardly means it is the case for all.

Have I said anywhere that there is just one right way or one way that is best for all people?
    I don't think so. Please tell me if I did, because that has never been my intention.

Perhaps I should have said: some ways are more effective than others and a way that feels right for you might not feel right for someone else. So some ways are more effective for 'you' (or for me) than others.

I hope you do understand what I'm trying to say now.

Actually, the only thing I really wanted to say is that nothings really matters, only what happens in your Heart.
    Techniques, religions, styles... in the end it is not important. If that magical experience happens within your Heart, that is the only thing that matters.

It doesn't matter which way you walk when that way leads to your Heart.

This is a lot of words for the small message I wanted to post.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:28 am

when you write in a Reiki topic that:

I know exactly what you were implying Frank. And why you were saying it, and where you get it from. You're quite within your rights here to have that opinion, and to share it. that's cool.

Wayne

Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:36 am

Milarepa wrote:I know exactly what you were implying Frank. And why you were saying it, and where you get it from.

I don't really get that impression to be honest..

Don't you agree that the only thing that really matters is what happens in you Heart?

And, am I wrong with what I wrote about boiling eggs?

I did my best to explain myself, I don't really get the impression I made myself clear enhough (or that the message comes across), but there is nothing I could add.
    I'm sorry.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:37 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Frank wrote:Hi,

*Gasshō*
    Frank

Frank, are you referring to the
    practitioner or the client Question

From your discussion with Wayne I take it
    your referring to the Practitioner. It's
    the language that you use mis- led me.
    It is the level of sub/consciousness of the
    client that matters. My heart as a RMT can
    be in the right place/on the right path but
    the final results come from what the client
    believes.
    sunny
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi,

As I said over and over.. I am not talking about Reiki styles.
    So I can't refer to practitioners or masters Razz

I really don't think my message came across..
    I am sorry for apparently not being clear enough. I just don't see a way of clarifying my message even more..

It is the Heart that matters, because the Heart is the indicator of one's growth, one's consciousness.
    It doesn't matter which path you walk, as long as that magical thing happens within your Heart. It doesn't matter which technique, which religion, which meditation you practice.. as long as it helps you on your way to an Open Heart (and therefore Oneness with the energy of the highest consciousness).

(There is a difference between the heart and the Heart...)

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:13 pm

Frank wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:I know exactly what you were implying Frank. And why you were saying it, and where you get it from.

I don't really get that impression to be honest..

Don't you agree that the only thing that really matters is what happens in you Heart?

And, am I wrong with what I wrote about boiling eggs?

I did my best to explain myself, I don't really get the impression I made myself clear enhough (or that the message comes across), but there is nothing I could add.
    I'm sorry.

*Gasshō*
    Frank

I`ve read this entire thread, and not learned a thing...

I get the point, with your analogies of eggs and trips...

What I really read from your words is..."You can choose any path you like, but I know the correct one"...It`s somewhat disguised in passivity, but there it is.

So why don`t you just tell me what the best path is for you, and why? What have you dicovered along your journey? What can you share with us, that is exclusive to you, that I cannot gather from another?

Jim

Jim

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:17 pm

Jim you just cancelled my posting.
    you were quicker on the button
    than me.I'll try again lol!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:27 pm

I believe in mind over matter
    my heart is my compass my mind
    helps me grow. Without my mind
    I can not open my heart.

my consciousness is my navigator
    and my subconscious is subjective
    to my consciousness.

Can you elaborate on what you mean
    by the difference between ...
    heart and Heart beat
    Frank
    Frank

Post by Frank Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:56 pm

@Jim:

Jim wrote:What I really read from your words is..."You can choose any path you like, but I know the correct one"...It`s somewhat disguised in passivity, but there it is.

Please re-read this:

Frank wrote:
    Have I said anywhere that there is just one right way or one way that is best for all people?
    I don't think so. Please tell me if I did, because that has never been my intention.

And:

Frank wrote:I'm not saying which ways are more effective than others Wink
    I couldn't and I don't have the right to.
    (That also depends on the person, of course)

Please accept that it has never been my intention to say or imply that there is just one correct way. Or that I know what the correct way is or something like that.
    I cannot stress that enough. What else can I say or do? I already said that it depends on the person what feels right or not and what may be effective.

Jim wrote:So why don`t you just tell me what the best path is for you, and why? What have you dicovered along your journey?

For me, it is Usui Reiki Ryōhō. At least that's what I experience at the moment. I can only speak of what I feel now of course.
    What I've discovered.. is too many to explain on a discussion board (or the internet for that matter). It comes down to insights in how energy works, how people work, experiences with Oneness, Unconditional Love and Light..
    Many cannot really be described or fully understood by writing. Yet I also know that there is still a lot to learn.

Chi-solas wrote:Can you elaborate on what you mean
    by the difference between ...
    heart and Heart

I've had very interesting conversations about this in Dutch with people.
    However, looking at this thread, I don't think I can.
    Basically it comes down to Heart: spiritual, unconditional Love, without any attachments, equal for all living and not-living things & heart: love, specific for a person or thing, depends on the image you have of someone (if the image changes it is very likely that the feeling of love towards that person also changes).

Just another addition I just thought of:
    I spoke of the Heart and raising your consciousness. I stressed that it is the Heart that really matters. I could also have said that it is your consciousness that matters.

I find that one could say the Heart is a reflection of your state of mind/consciousness, but one could also say that one's consciousness is a reflection of what happens in the Heart.
    You could say both.

It's a bit like the chicken or the egg -- what came first Razz

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Frank said:
    Basically it comes down to Heart: spiritual, unconditional Love, without any attachments, equal for all living and not-living things & heart: love, specific for a person or thing, depends on the image you have of someone (if the image changes it is very likely that the feeling of love towards that person also changes).

What you speak of is embraced
    by the Reiki precepts.

Not quite sure were your going
    with image changing/feelings of
    love towards another person.
    There's love and then romantic
    love heart smiley

Just another addition I just thought of:
    I spoke of the Heart and raising your consciousness. I stressed that it is the Heart that really matters. I could also have said that it is your consciousness that matters.

I find that one could say the Heart is a reflection of your state of mind/consciousness, but one could also say that one's consciousness is a reflection of what happens in the Heart.
    You could say both.

It's open for interpretation.Some ways are better than others 158903

It's a bit like the chicken or the egg -- what came first

It has to be the chicken after all
    the egg needs the chicken. The
    chicken does not need the egg

Some ways are better than others 564490
    catsquotl

Post by catsquotl Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi Frank..

You are saying that whilst there are several ways to open the heart there are a few ways that have proven to be more effective than others yes?

Assuming this is what you are trying to convey.
    I think you'd have to add that it is a matter of perspective. What is the objective. Leaving the boiled egg metaphor for one wiser than me.. When traveling from london to amsterdam with the objective of a world cruise with l the beginning and A the endpoint. Flying direct from L to A with a company is not the effective way to go about it..

When opening the heart..What is the objective..
    Loving one person more clearly?
    expand your love to encompass the universe may take a different approach.
    If you want your heart open to gain insight in the self again other modalities may prove more effective yes?

On earth school where everyone is to learn and experience..I do not think i can say for another which is the more effective route.. A young spirit/soul may yet have to go through the experience of (something horrible here) in order for him/her to fullfill his/her purpose... Now i might say that it will prolong its incarnation cycle, thus saying it is not very effective... But i do not know whether this soul from the deepest love he could muster before incarnating promised someone to do this horrible act to help its friend experience that part of earth life.....

With Love
    Eelco
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:54 am

Eelco said:

When opening the heart..What is the objective..
    Loving one person more clearly?
    expand your love to encompass the universe may take a different approach.
    If you want your heart open to gain insight in the self again other modalities may prove more effective yes?

There are some meditation that address the
    heart as being the soul that permeates the
    whole body. I see the heart working in unison
    with the whole. During a Reiki session,
    treatment,or technique the innate breath is
    used. Without the breath the whole body does
    not work.The Reiki system recognizes the breath
    and includes the 5 precepts to stimulate the
    consciousness of the whole. bounce
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter