Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+7
rzukic
vijaybali
Lambs-Wool
Reikijim
chi_solas
Milarepa
prdean111
11 posters

sending Reiki to the deceased---what does it do exactly?

prdean111

sending Reiki to the deceased---what does it do exactly? Empty sending Reiki to the deceased---what does it do exactly?

Post by prdean111 Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:36 pm

To all,
    Hello.
    A fairly young co-worker of mine (45) died this weekend--and I feel this urge to send Reiki to him.
    I've read about sending reiki to the deceased--what exactly does it do and why would one do it?
    My colleague died after a brave (but painful) battle with cancer.
    I really didn't know him too well (he worked at another site than myself)--but I keep thinking I should send him Reiki.
    Please advise

Thanks,

Pete
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

sending Reiki to the deceased---what does it do exactly? Empty Re: sending Reiki to the deceased---what does it do exactly?

Post by Milarepa Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:04 pm

go with what you feel buddy. any idea why you feel the need for this though? maybe it's you that needs Reiki?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

sending Reiki to the deceased---what does it do exactly? Empty Re: sending Reiki to the deceased---what does it do exactly?

Post by chi_solas Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:53 am

In some churches they offer prayers
    and light candles for the souls of
    the dead. Reiki sent to the dead
    may be symbolic according to your
    belief system that you are helping
    a soul find its way to "Heaven" Like a Star @ heaven
    prdean111

Post by prdean111 Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:09 pm

@Milarepa--hi Wayne. Re: why I feel the need to send Reiki to my recent deceased colleague--the only explanation I have--for you and myself--is that I almost never send reiki to others. And yes--Chi solas--I have read that sending Reiki to the deceased can help my colleague find his way to heaven more easily.
    And Wayne--regarding my possible need for Reiki--I've gotten (somewhat) more skilled at Reiki--now when I have an occasional bout of insomnia due to excessive worry--I use Reiki to calm myself and usually within minutes I can get some sleep.
    And using Reiki seems to decrease the migraine pain I get--but to completely eliminate it I think I would have to do Reiki for an hour--maybe 2.
    But back to my initial post--I guess I figured by sending Reiki to my late colleague that I'd make a connection with him that might make his passing seem less painful...
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi,

A few years ago I had an experience, where I felt the presence of someone who was important to me in the past. I was awe struck, when I got a sense of the identity of this spirit. It really seemed to be a knowing on more than one level, and it only happened once...

It`s kind a hard to explain how it felt, yet i walked away from it with a sense that I was not in mourning for my friend anymore, beacuse i had experienced her presence after death in a way...It really was like a burden lifted, and I feel so very lucky to have had the honor.

It`s really hard to "connect the dots of reason" with spiritual situations sometimes.

I`m thinking that you might get the answer to why you feel the need to connect with your co-worker,after you do it...Either way, I would expect it to be a good experience...
    Smile

Jim
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:02 pm

prdean111 wrote:
    And Wayne--regarding my possible need for Reiki--I've gotten (somewhat) more skilled at Reiki--now when I have an occasional bout of insomnia due to excessive worry--I use Reiki to calm myself and usually within minutes I can get some sleep.
    And using Reiki seems to decrease the migraine pain I get--but to completely eliminate it I think I would have to do Reiki for an hour--maybe 2.

i'm really glad with all this Pete! I'd sometimes thought about ya, and wondered only the other week how you were.
    prdean111

Post by prdean111 Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:23 am

Jim,
    Thanks for sharing your experience with me--I appreciate it. You've made it a tad easier to "connect the dots of reason" with spirituality--something that's become extremely important to me in the past few years.
    And Wayne--thanks for the concern! I hope to one day be as good a mentor to others are you've been to me.
    --Pete
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:07 am

The word dead can be used loosely ....
    it can be dead right, dead on,dead center
    dead party,dead silence, dead end, ect.

We use different vocabulary when speaking
    about a person who has died,folks may say
    s/he is deceased, passed on, passed over.
    passed away,departed,we each have our belief.
    Some folks believe that a soul/spirit that
    has left the human body continues into a
    higher eternal life. sending Reiki to the deceased---what does it do exactly? 850837

So if we are talking sending Reiki to a
    deceased person what does that mean? or
    are we sending Reiki to the departed's
    higher self that has transitioned to a
    higher spiritual plane. if so then they
    have attained a level of spiritually
    beyond the level that we practice here
    on the earth's plane. sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:11 am

chi_solas wrote:

So if we are talking sending Reiki to a
    deceased person what does that mean? or
    are we sending Reiki to the departed's
    higher self that has transitioned to a
    higher spiritual plane. if so then they
    have attained a level of spiritually
    beyond the level that we practice here
    on the earth's plane. sunny

This is a real good point. Is it going to make any difference to the person who has scooted on, or is it making more psychological difference to us. hmmm..
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi Folks,

Personally, I believe we do have a "soul". And I do believe they have their own levels of attraction between one another. They do what they do, and we are mostly unaware. Who knows, there may even be different levels to the spirits existance as well.

Why do so many Reiki practioners claim to percieve spirits close by, while treating someone?

I never believed in guides, and i still do not communicate on any level with a "guide". Yet at times, I have closed my eyes and seen forms around people I was treating...not very often, but it did happen with a handful of individuals, and repeatedly with the same people.

That for me was enough of an idicator that we have relationships on another level that we are unaware of, mostly speaking.

I would hazard to guess that occasionally, their interaction manifests itself in some small way in our tactile existance...maybe this is whats going on with prdean and his passed on friend.

You posed a good question Wayne...I have wracked my brain for an answer, but it will not come... Very Happy

Jim
    prdean111

Post by prdean111 Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:55 am

To all,
    As usual, I get quite an education reading your responses--thank you all!
    To Chi Solas, I meant to send reiki to a departed soul's higher self that has transitioned to a higher spiritual plane (though I wasn't thinking of it that way last night when I sent the reiki for 20 minutes. Only reaction I got was warmth in my hands.)
    Wayne--I guess the goal of sending reiki to Steven (my departed colleague) psychological--I was shocked when Steven died.
    To Wayne, Chisolas et al...is the action of channeling reiki to a departed higher self more successful when one has a close relationship with that person (I talked to Steven about once every 2 months at certain work-related meetings)?
    Or does it just take practice?
    I'd like to send Reiki to my grandparents' souls, as they've all passed on.
    And right now, I'm leaving my computer to send reiki to my headache pills--so I won't need to take more than 2 (that's worked 100% in the past.)
    Thanks for all your upcoming responses.
    --Pete
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:40 am

prdean111 wrote:
    Wayne--I guess the goal of sending reiki to Steven (my departed colleague) psychological--I was shocked when Steven died.

when we experience Reiki, or begin the process for another, we're also experiencing it for ourselves. This is because Reiki is an auric experience, and if we are in their auric field, it helps us. It leads me to say that this is why in absent treatment the pracititioner doesn't experience Reiki also, cause they usually aren't close enough.

prdean111 wrote:
    To Wayne, Chisolas et al...is the action of channeling reiki to a departed higher self more successful when one has a close relationship with that person (I talked to Steven about once every 2 months at certain work-related meetings)?

Is it even possible. Or, needed. It's maybe a bit futile for the universal life force energy folks maybe, hehe. I'm not that way myself. What could be the outcome of such a thing as a Reiki experience for someone who has died.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    prdean111

Post by prdean111 Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:50 am

Good point.
    Thanks again, Wayne.
    --Pete
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:48 am

Hiya Pete Smile

An interesting discussion going on... Jim's and Wayne's views give us good hint at the versatility such thought provoking questions like yours may invite Smile

Your question is something that relates to technical stuff within reiki as much as it relates to the dogmatic/personal views about life after death.. Many dogmatic groups and religions do talk about life after death and some do talk about reincarnation from another perspective... Whatever we choose to accept or dispel among such thoughts, we at least come to focus on one thing, that is, we area out to send reiki to somebody who once had a physical body which is non- existent for the time being... So we are talking about sending reiki to a spirit or soul in whatever connivance this term may be taken... So within reiki, we are not applying "whole" of the ingredients of a reiki treatment... For example, it is not easy to ask permission from a dead buddy, unless of course, you hire help of a professional spirit operator or that buddy comes to your dreams asking for reiki provided it is that buddy exactly himself that is asking help...

Secondly, as we change formula within reiki (that is, sending reiki to a soul without a body) we are not certain if reiki would work in a way we anticipate of it in good gesture... It might also happen that reiki tampers with the non-corporeal existence of the poor soul in some in-warranted way and adds misery to her plight instead of easing it off...

Personally speaking, I would restrain myself from sending reiki to a deceased buddy until I find an authority on the certainty of effects of such action... "reiki does no harm" might lose some of it's workability when applied 'out of domain' Smile

I hAve learnt from various people that something that soothes the broken bond of a deceased person back to earth is sometimes very uncomfortable for her final crossing over ( if I can borrow this christain concept)

There is sure another safe way... That is, you pray for the departed soul without including a reiki intent into the process

Smile

Take care
    Salman
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:38 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:Hiya Pete Smile

I hAve learnt from various people that something that soothes the broken bond of a deceased person back to earth is sometimes very uncomfortable for her final crossing over ( if I can borrow this christain concept)

There is sure another safe way... That is, you pray for the departed soul without including a reiki intent into the process

Smile

Take care
    Salman

Hi Salman,

I was wondering if you could add a little verbage to the above ideas? I find myself strongly disagreeing with a couple of comments. It`s quite possible that I`m missing something...at least I hope so...

Jim
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi Jim Smile

As a general belief, many people hold idea that after death, the departed souls of the deceased "live" somewhere in the eternal abode and there is a possibility that they live peacefully or otherwise according to their deeds/misdeeds they had been doing in the life before death... It is also believed by many people that people who die in some unfortunate sudden manner like accidents, natural calamities, etc and they do have very strong mental/emotional attachments with the surviving loved ones, do try to connect to them by any means they find available for them... Such deceased souls often show up in the dreams of the survivors, and sometimes such souls try to communicate something to their survivors... Here, some people tend to be naturally gifted to act as mediums for such departed souls... The more such ties of these souls strengthen with the people living on earth, the more their wish strengthen to return to the life here, and the more their agony goes on... In this connection, reiki might pulsate in giving strength to the ties that are meant to be severed eventually for good... On this premise, if reiki acts this way, sending reiki to departed souls may be reconsidered

Forgive if I sounded too dogmatic here Smile

Take care
    Salman
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

sending Reiki to the deceased---what does it do exactly? Empty sending Reiki to the deceased---what does it do exactly?

Post by vijaybali Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi all,

nice discussion, Please no mind most of thing bookish.... May our friends want our view about this..

So i started my way..

I feel there is no need to send healing to dead man because soul is already energy
    now i am going express my view why i say like this...

I feel our body has mixer of five elements and when we die all element mix their elements..

When soul free from all this five element they become as pure as god. But our own thought disturbed them because our negative thought give negative vibration to them due to that they also feel difficulties other world...or sometime they comedown due to that negativness..

Now here required to heal those person who feel to send healing to god or soul. because their vibration creating problem.. So healing own is main solution......

Thanks, love and regards
    vijay kumar bali
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:07 am

Very interesting thread indeed! And I would like to thank all for sharing their point of view! It appears that it comes down to how we experience/understand what reiki is. So, it seems that if we understand reiki as ULFE we may find less objections to do so (....well, why in the world is it called Universal if we can not use it universally. Very Happy

And this then opens a new question...if we do is it along the lines “let the reiki do its thing” or is it rather “tell reiki what needs to be done”..

And finally (do I dare to say it).. it may depend on ….do we see ourselves a “human doing spiritual experience” or is it vice-verse ...”are we a soul doing a human experience” Very Happy

Regards,

Resko
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:36 am

universal life force energy for someone who is dead. ok, take a deep breath...

what is 'life'?

i've no opinion either way, just interested in the chat.
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 am

Hi Wayne,

Milarepa wrote:universal life force energy for someone who is dead. ok, take a deep breath...

what is 'life'?

i've no opinion either way, just interested in the chat.

You used to recognize jokes..Very Happy .however, nice question you have “What Is Life”

And of course I would love to hear your take at ...Are we “human doing spiritual experience” or is it vice-verse ...”are we a souls doing a human experience” Very Happy

Regards,

Resko
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:28 am

i'm not sure if we have a 'soul'. i'm not even sure if there's something after this death, or if there is even God, as commonly used. i know we'll all come up with reasons & concepts to explain that there is, and it could be true.

one thing is for sure, i'm a human, and having a spiritual experience. this could be an illusion, but just because many 'noted' spiritual teachers say it's so, i cant' just accept that. so i'm a pro-religious person who loves God, but doesn't actually know anymore if there is such a thing. If there, is, then i love it. If there isn't, well, i've had some measure of enjoyment loving another thing. i'm prob the wrong person to ask this atm, haha. I would have said spiritual having human experience. but that was only cause i knew it would be accepted among my peers. i have no independant way of verifying any of this atm, haha.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Salman,

Thanks for the reply. I`m going to have to think on this for a bit. I understand what it says and why, but my heart is painting a slightly different picture at the moment.

Smile Jim
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

sending Reiki to the deceased---what does it do exactly? Empty * sending Reiki to the deceased---what does it do exactly?

Post by vijaybali Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:28 pm

hi,

" What is life."

"Life is Dream "

take care
    vijay kumar bali
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 pm

rzukic wrote:
    do we see ourselves a “human doing spiritual experience” or is it vice-verse ...”are we a soul doing a human experience” Very Happy

interesting Smile i would say, BOTH !

Jim Smile just go with heart, since it often provides ample vibrance to correct the way our head thinks ! Smile

Wayne, interesting notes buddy, i can at least agree with the honesty so thoroughly reflected in your views Smile

take care
    Salman
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:00 am

hello folks not been in for a while...... cheers
    I think it a wonderful thing to do for a soul, send Reiki and healing once we pass to spirit, my work with spirit has brought me to do so many times, the free will of the soul exists in spirit also, we can not force Reiki upon any soul on any realm, and it is the need for healing light and love that holds the spirit to our realm, and for spirits that are not bound here, Reiki lovingly may join them on thier journey, filling it with greater peace, which may indead help to lead to greater joy on the next leg of their journey. love and blessings Amandaxxx

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:03 pm