Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

HEALING THE GENERAL PUBLIC- HELP PLEASE!!

KISMET
    KISMET

HEALING THE GENERAL PUBLIC- HELP PLEASE!! Empty HEALING THE GENERAL PUBLIC- HELP PLEASE!!

Post by KISMET Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:51 am

Hi everyone,

I am considering volunteering as a Healer at my local Carers Charity. Can any one offer advice regarding insurance for myself and where to obtain a copy of the questions of the paperwork the client should complete before healing and anything else I should be aware of please? Also, I am assuming that the charity would cover these expenses including the purchase of a Reiki table and fuel? I don't work so I really can't afford to be out of pocket at this time. I have no idea as to what I need and whether I should be registered with somewhere so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

HEALING THE GENERAL PUBLIC- HELP PLEASE!! Empty Re: HEALING THE GENERAL PUBLIC- HELP PLEASE!!

Post by chi_solas Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:47 pm

KISMET wrote:Hi everyone,

I am considering volunteering as a Healer at my local Carers Charity. Can any one offer advice regarding insurance for myself and where to obtain a copy of the questions of the paperwork the client should complete before healing and anything else I should be aware of please? Also, I am assuming that the charity would cover these expenses including the purchase of a Reiki table and fuel? I don't work so I really can't afford to be out of pocket at this time. I have no idea as to what I need and whether I should be registered with somewhere so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

KISMET I googled UK & this website came up. Arrow
    www.reikifed.co.uk/pub/about/fed/insur/index.shtml
    I have volunteered at hospitals/nursing homes and most
    of them did not provide a Reiki table. You can do Reiki
    using a chair. sunny HEALING THE GENERAL PUBLIC- HELP PLEASE!! 850837
    queen of clean
    queen of clean

HEALING THE GENERAL PUBLIC- HELP PLEASE!! Empty Re: HEALING THE GENERAL PUBLIC- HELP PLEASE!!

Post by queen of clean Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:52 pm

flower
    Hi Kismet
    I'd become a member of a reiki association and I'd get public liability insurance, I'd have this even if the carers charity has their own. Have you officially started? or are you about to approach them? Do they know about reiki? Would you be needing to give them an information pack? or perhaps organize a workshop?. I'd also get a police clearance, possibly a first aid certificate, have all of your reiki certificates/insurance/ proof of membership to an association, in a folder available for clients and staff to see, and some general reiki hand outs for them to take home and read. Reiki can be given whilst your client is seated, this may be preferable too if some of your clients are elderly or disabled. You could check a reiki association online perhaps you could get a client questionaire from them. Hope this helps flower

http://www.reiki.org try this link they have a free download questionaire and it's quite good

queen
    KISMET
    KISMET

Post by KISMET Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:21 am

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH, THE INFO IS REALLY USEFUL. I AM GOING TO MEET WITH THEM NEXT WEEK AND YES THEY ALREADY KNOW ABOUT REIKI.

I'LL SEE WHAT THEY ALREADY HAVE IN PLACE.

THANKS AGAIN

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:01 pm