Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
Godiva
Milarepa
Colin
chi_solas
8 posters

Should Reiki teachers bond with their students?

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Should Reiki teachers bond with their students? Empty Should Reiki teachers bond with their students?

Post by chi_solas Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:05 pm

Re: What makes a good Reiki Teacher?
    by Pachamama on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:02 pm........

It seems so many Reiki teachers teach differently!...some offer great teaching resources, advice and support....others offer very little..

After I received my first Reiki
    attunment, my RMT made herself
    available through phone/email.
    I did make use of that generous
    offer. I also tapped into other
    Reiki resources, books and Reiki
    forums/shares where I was able to
    enhance my ULFE with other Reiki
    practitioners. bounce Should Reiki teachers bond with their students? 850837

Over the years I have come across new
    Reiki Practitioners who have not bonded,
    lost touch with their RMT,or got their
    Reiki certifcate off the internet with
    no Reiki follow up support. scratch

If a Reiki practitioner finds themselves
    without the support of their RMT, what
    suggestions do RLL members have for
    those who are without RMT support. flower
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Should Reiki teachers bond with their students? Empty Re: Should Reiki teachers bond with their students?

Post by Colin Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:11 am

Hi Bridget

In the first instance, I would suggest they try to get in touch with any fellow students of the same RMT to share experiences. Of course there are also on-line discussion groups and fora like Reiki Learning Lounge, which can be a great place to ask questions, learn and share experiences! Facebook groups are also good for finding other Reiki practitioners in your area.

Attending, or starting a Reiki share/circle/meetup is another option.

Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Should Reiki teachers bond with their students? Empty Re: Should Reiki teachers bond with their students?

Post by chi_solas Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:40 am

Colin wrote:Hi Bridget

In the first instance, I would suggest they try to get in touch with any fellow students of the same RMT to share experiences. Of course there are also on-line discussion groups and fora like Reiki Learning Lounge, which can be a great place to ask questions, learn and share experiences! Facebook groups are also good for finding other Reiki practitioners in your area.

Attending, or starting a Reiki share/circle/meetup is another option.

Smile

Good suggestions Colin. Connecting with
    students of the same RMT is one I over-
    looked. sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:27 am

Yeah, i find it a little un-nerving folks dont have, or at least feel they dont have the support of their teacher. I've been very fortunate to have immense support from my own RMT.

It's important that folks can walk their own path. And it can be too easy for some to maybe unwittenly get into a heirarchy. At the same time - for me there must be support for every single person i've bene involved with. It's a reasn why lineage is important. Or at least is to me.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Godiva
    Godiva

Post by Godiva Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:11 am

I am only new in Reiki but I have the strong feeling that my Reiki teacher is not there for me (did not reply to my email and was eventually reluctant to answer a question I had, after that I just gave up with asking him and I went onto the internet to get answers).

Also, I met up with another student, just like Colin here above suggested, and that worked well, gave me much more confidence and I really experienced for the first time what the Reiki warmth was and that I too could give it to others ...

It feels a bit strange to not have the person who attuned me, to whom I went for Reiki teachings, but I will not go back and feel put out in the cold again! That is why I am happy to be here and to learn from you all.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:45 am

We're welcome to have ya here! Did you be up-front with your feelings toward your teacher? There may be many reasons for their response. Ranging from wanting you to find your own answers to not knowing the answer.

Like all individuals, we are, well - individual. Smile. This includes the way we interact with one another. Social sceince exists me. I cant understand the way humans are though. Off-topic, i look at Facebook today and see so many folks making jokes of the death of Whitney Houston. I wonder would they like it if i made jokes if their parent, or wife died. On facebook. People are really weird.

Out of interest, what kind of training did you have/ In-person or distance? Sorry if ya already told me. I talk with so many over this issue.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:48 am

Godiva wrote:I am only new in Reiki but I have the strong feeling that my Reiki teacher is not there for me (did not reply to my email and was eventually reluctant to answer a question I had, after that I just gave up with asking him and I went onto the internet to get answers).

Also, I met up with another student, just like Colin here above suggested, and that worked well, gave me much more confidence and I really experienced for the first time what the Reiki warmth was and that I too could give it to others ...

It feels a bit strange to not have the person who attuned me, to whom I went for Reiki teachings, but I will not go back and feel put out in the cold again! That is why I am happy to be here and to learn from you all.

Congatulations Godiva cheers for reaching
    out into the Reiki Community at large. You
    should always feel comfortable when talking
    to another Reiki practitioner regarding Reiki
    questions no matter what level they have reached.

Practicing the 5 principles helps us to understand
    the Universal strength that we call on when living
    within the Reiki practice.

Just for today
    Don't get angry..... Mad
    Don't worry..... No
    Be grateful..... cheers
    Work hard..... Basketball
    Be kind to others. heart smiley

make note of folks who post on
    Reiki forums, are they practicing
    these values when responding to
    other Reiki folks postings. Should Reiki teachers bond with their students? 78411 Should Reiki teachers bond with their students? 850837
    Godiva
    Godiva

Post by Godiva Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:55 am

Thank you Milarepa and Chi!
    It was in person (I pm'd you earlier today Mila). There were several things that gave me the impression the door was not open to questions, even though it was said to us we could always email. Well, I understand if someone does not know the answer, but not even replying at all until I bring up the personal questions again is ehh quite forgetful.

Also, we never were taught these five principles, of course I read about them in books but never mentioning them seems to me a bit odd.

I do not want to expand here on the open forum too much on this, but I folllowed my feelings and that said: no, you need another teacher. I met another student who had similar feelings. we now practice together and have found a new teacher. Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:03 am

Things are working out then! Ya know i read your email earlier. Am about to respond but i been so busy today online. Havn't even got round to writing a new chapter in my book. As of yet.
    Godiva
    Godiva

Post by Godiva Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:20 am

No problem (don't worry!) Wayne that is fine. sunny
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:24 am

Godiva wrote:Thank you Milarepa and Chi!
    It was in person (I pm'd you earlier today Mila). There were several things that gave me the impression the door was not open to questions, even though it was said to us we could always email. Well, I understand if someone does not know the answer, but not even replying at all until I bring up the personal questions again is ehh quite forgetful.

Also, we never were taught these five principles, of course I read about them in books but never mentioning them seems to me a bit odd.

I do not want to expand here on the open forum too much on this, but I folllowed my feelings and that said: no, you need another teacher. I met another student who had similar feelings. we now practice together and have found a new teacher. Smile

Good to hear you've hooked up
    with another Reiki support person.
    It takes time to practice the 5
    principals. sunny study Should Reiki teachers bond with their students? 850837
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:09 am

Hi Wayne,

Milarepa wrote:
    I cant understand the way humans are though. Off-topic, i look at Facebook today and see so many folks making jokes of the death of Whitney Houston. I wonder would they like it if i made jokes if their parent, or wife died. On facebook. People are really weird.

It goes without saying that people are unfathomable, yet your above statement goes beyond weird... People are really sick from lack of connectedness and lack of compassion. It seems these two things are in some ways dependant on each other...Where you find one you find the other.

Jim
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:48 am

Reikijim wrote: Hi Wayne,

Milarepa wrote:
    I cant understand the way humans are though. Off-topic, i look at Facebook today and see so many folks making jokes of the death of Whitney Houston. I wonder would they like it if i made jokes if their parent, or wife died. On facebook. People are really weird.

It goes without saying that people are unfathomable, yet your above statement goes beyond weird... People are really sick from lack of connectedness and lack of compassion. It seems these two things are in some ways dependant on each other...Where you find one you find the other.

Jim

I'm not gonna slate FB, it's a brill tool for me. i see so much good on it. Folks posting pics of terrible things to at least bring it to global attention. these others things though. so de-sensitized.

Maybe it's too many sitcoms or something. Jeez. Let's get real. Whitney changed peoples moods, thoughts, desires = reality. By her music. Still will. So that entitles her to be dis-respected. Wow! Maybe i'm entering chris consciousness or something, but it's sad this.
    Reikiverse
    Reikiverse
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Reikiverse Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:12 am

Godiva, It is wonderful that you connected with another fellow Reiki practitioner and a new teacher. Learning for the human species is not a solo exercise as we get the most out of it when it is done in a group.

Reikijim, I thought I would add some information for your comment on the relationship between connectedness and compassion in regards to each other. Here on the RLL there is a post called, "If the symbols are for intent & focus...", where rzukic posted a url for a video done by a neuroscientist called VS Ramachandran. In it Dr. Ramachandran talks about mirror neurons and how we can feel what another is feeling if our skin is numbed. As others on that post pointed out, we are truly connected at that point. Underlying problem lies at the very heart of we are doing now, communicating. The evolution of the human brain is the story of human communication. As our prefrontal cortex evolved so did our capacity to develop language. The basis for language is the use of symbolism. A symbol being anything that can convey a thought, idea, or feeling using a sensory trigger (think the five senses). Symbolism allows us to express complex ideas the problem comes when another human being becomes a symbol and not another human being. When a person becomes a symbol they are essentially an object and as such an object can be used, abused, and discarded without a second thought because they are not alive. To add insult to injury part of our learning is also rooted in this connectedness Dr. Ramachandran's work alluded to.

For those who are interested here are some links:

(11 min.) Dr VS Ramahcandran -- The neurons that shaped civilization
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0pwKzTRG5E

(53 min.) PBS - Nova - Ape Genius
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKbvzEjM_RE

(120 min.) Journey of Man a genetic Oddesy - Dr. Spencer Wells
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLh775nMBHQ
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:42 am

Reikiverse are you inclined to be
    stronger in science than Reiki? sunny
    Reikiverse
    Reikiverse
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Reikiverse Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:49 am

I wouldn't say that Chi_Solas. I was just pointing out some scientific information that maybe of use. Besides there was a time when science and spirit were one.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:55 am

Reikiverse wrote:I wouldn't say that Chi_Solas. I was just pointing out some scientific information that maybe of use. Besides there was a time when science and spirit were one.

I was brought up in a strict religious
    environment. I never thought of science
    and religion/spirit being one. affraid
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:14 am

Reikiverse wrote:Godiva, It is wonderful that you connected with another fellow Reiki practitioner and a new teacher. Learning for the human species is not a solo exercise as we get the most out of it when it is done in a group.

Reikijim, I thought I would add some information for your comment on the relationship between connectedness and compassion in regards to each other. Here on the RLL there is a post called, "If the symbols are for intent & focus...", where rzukic posted a url for a video done by a neuroscientist called VS Ramachandran. In it Dr. Ramachandran talks about mirror neurons and how we can feel what another is feeling if our skin is numbed. As others on that post pointed out, we are truly connected at that point. Underlying problem lies at the very heart of we are doing now, communicating. The evolution of the human brain is the story of human communication. As our prefrontal cortex evolved so did our capacity to develop language. The basis for language is the use of symbolism. A symbol being anything that can convey a thought, idea, or feeling using a sensory trigger (think the five senses). Symbolism allows us to express complex ideas the problem comes when another human being becomes a symbol and not another human being. When a person becomes a symbol they are essentially an object and as such an object can be used, abused, and discarded without a second thought because they are not alive. To add insult to injury part of our learning is also rooted in this connectedness Dr. Ramachandran's work alluded to.

For those who are interested here are some links:

(11 min.) Dr VS Ramahcandran -- The neurons that shaped civilization
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0pwKzTRG5E

(53 min.) PBS - Nova - Ape Genius
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKbvzEjM_RE

(120 min.) Journey of Man a genetic Oddesy - Dr. Spencer Wells
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLh775nMBHQ

Hi...

...and thank you for the information...It makes much sense...I will have a look at the links...

Jim Very Happy
    water flower

Post by water flower Wed May 30, 2012 10:47 am

I was taught not to bond, although it was and sort of still is my natural inclination to do so. The reason being is that if I ever want to attain YOGA (which is different from reiki), I need to detach from everyone.

That being said, I find it difficult at times. I started by reaching out to reiki circles. I eventually branched on my own w/ the group I follow, but generally I'm the only active person in my lineage and sometimes a relative of mine follows. It's hard to not have other fellow students practicing (which is really a Yoga program for me than a reiki program), but I have to let go of the desire that 'others will be there for me', which we all know that in life, even our closest family members are not there when we need them the most. It's tough. So far the volunteering is working and I had some tough, but good, lesson of having to do this on my own without my relative. The love from Source pulled me through the loneliness and the meditation practices help since I'm pretty much alone in this where I'm at. Wink Too many times I want to quit. Maybe it's a good sign of detaching for spiritual growth purposes because in the end, it's not about the students, the group, the teacher, it's about loving and trusting Source completely. This is just my experience.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu May 31, 2012 2:09 am

water flower wrote:I was taught not to bond, although it was and sort of still is my natural inclination to do so. The reason being is that if I ever want to attain YOGA (which is different from reiki), I need to detach from everyone.

That being said, I find it difficult at times. I started by reaching out to reiki circles. I eventually branched on my own w/ the group I follow, but generally I'm the only active person in my lineage and sometimes a relative of mine follows. It's hard to not have other fellow students practicing (which is really a Yoga program for me than a reiki program), but I have to let go of the desire that 'others will be there for me', which we all know that in life, even our closest family members are not there when we need them the most. It's tough. So far the volunteering is working and I had some tough, but good, lesson of having to do this on my own without my relative. The love from Source pulled me through the loneliness and the meditation practices help since I'm pretty much alone in this where I'm at. Wink Too many times I want to quit. Maybe it's a good sign of detaching for spiritual growth purposes because in the end, it's not about the students, the group, the teacher, it's about loving and trusting Source completely. This is just my experience.

Its all part of your journey sunny
    renukakkar
    renukakkar

Post by renukakkar Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 pm

this happens with a lot of reiki teachers even here in India. but my numbers/ email is available on the net if one wants to google search it, and am ready to help guide anyone, student of mine or someone who has lost his/her reiki teacher:) i get calls to for help in interpretation/and for distant reiki etc .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:58 am