Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
LuvSoulJah
Colin
chi_solas
Milarepa
8 posters

There is no Spirit

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

There is no Spirit Empty There is no Spirit

Post by Milarepa Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:15 pm

I'm placing this in our Reiki catalyst section. It hasn't went as far as a catalyst for me. Certainly not a Reiki one. Perhaps as i write it Will develop. You are welcome to watch, take part, or knowingly smile at me. Here. In this journey.

Ya know. It's 1am. My family is all tucked up in bed. I'm sitting in our dining area. We've got a big comfy seat with a foot-rest. We got it for free on gumtree from a kind person. We all love this chair. I'm in one of those places. Spaces. Mindsets. Where all feels right. All is perfect. All is at peace.

I feel really different tonight. Well, right now. It's been a tough week for me. A really hard one. One I've finally, definitely, crossed over. Out of the storm. One that has held me for a long time. In due time I'll share that with you. Suffice to say, often when major events occur in our lives, providing we are able to transcend it we might enter into a calming period. Like a ship that has been battered against the high seas. Still afloat. The waves are calming. The violent froth is dissipating. You've been there. You know what i mean. Know what way i feel.

So. Now you're able to appreciate some where i am right now within myself. Outside myself. I'll move to the point. I had the greatest fortune in meeting someone quite special some weeks ago. Though i think he would insist he is nothing special. I wont attempt to identify him in any way. I said i wouldn't. His story in't common. Some will appreciate it. Others will perhaps be surprised.

He is in one of the last stages before enlightenment. I'm talking about bliss. Constant bliss. He constantly has an experiences similar to taking cocaine. It's how he describes it. This is pretty interesting in itself. There is something more.

This guy is heading toward a culminate stage of present human evolution = enlightenment. By his own estimates he still has some way to go. However he could be as close as 95% there. He speaks facts to me. He certainly needs no money, believe me. He seeks no fame. Even though he has wrote what i would call spiritual texts that rival any of the mainstream global teachers, he keeps them private. Sharing with friends only. Even talking about this i am told isn't his preference. Certainly the guy is an enigma to me!

What is very impressive to me is i would say this guy is on a highly spiritual path. Miles ahead of me i would say. Though he would likely say all he has achieved is already within all of us. He has got to where he is by science alone. There is no belief system he holds to. In fact, i am unsure if he even has any belief in God, Divinity, etc. For him, he has indeed studied extensively many of the worlds teachers. Naming two highly of note. However, he has also studied neuroscience. It is from this angle he approaches things.

This 'scientist', is achieving within a relatively short time what is eluding many of us spiritually. and might continue to do so. Isn't this supposed to be our birthright though! Granted he has put a lot of personal work into things. It was a bit of a bomb-shell for me to see someone of science go a way that i myself am long waaay of.

Through his studies of others, he would freely admit that he became reconditioned. After all, he was absorbing, believing, and practises someone Else's truths. Of course he was reconditioned in a good way, but reconditioned he was still. He has came up with a really simple practise. It is so simple. Amazingly simple. Maybe others have also thought of it. I just haven't heard. What has impressed me. Was that he is what he says he is. Actually, when i was with him due to a work-type meeting i actually thought he was on drugs sometimes. He seemed to be on another level to me. And, for some days after meeting him, i was having major spiritual experiences.

So. Reiki. Reiki catalyst? You might see where this is headed. The platform that a person uses in order to achieve their full potential really isn't important. Literally. It is one thing to read about someone who is achieving enlightenment via solely science, but quite another to see it in person.

My style. Your style. Any style. Style itself. It can surely not be important. More-so, perhaps even sticking to, dogmatically, or even loosely a Reiki style/Reiki expression - may actually be merely re-conditioning oneself. Holding back you & I from achieving our own potential. If i am sitting within the shadow, am i still casting my own? How bright is my light?

I wonder. Does Reiki interact with anything spiritual. Yep. I've said it. If my friend can do this without spirit, or at least - a belief in one. Surely i don't need to believe in spirit for Reiki. Of course this is possible. Can i go a little further though? To concentrate solely on using Reiki personally for myself in a more scientific type way?

My friend sees his bliss feeling related to dopamine. I had thought it was maybe DMT. He corrected me today though. It is strange a little. The weeks leading up to this meeting i began to feel more drawn to using only 4 hand placements. Three are on my head. One is at my heart. I look at so many hand placements around the head from different traditions. I look at the Pineal, pituitary, hypothalamus, thalamus, and be drawn to those areas for my more focused spiritual development. The heart, i need that area in order for me to remain 'good' around people. As in able to interact with people. This is what I'm drawn to for some time.

If i would concentrate on my Reiki treatments in a more scientific way, targeting like this, i feel certain it will spring-board things for me. And why not? My own feelings, theories, are as good as any other persons. As is yours for your path.

So, for an experiment i'm entering into my practices in a much less spiritual, much more scientific way. I dont know how it will pan out. I feel excited. I have had to come to terms over the last year with the fact that i dont really know if there is anything after this life. Tha ti dont know if there is a God.

It is a far cry from the former me. I loved God. Was convinced of an afterlife. Reiki was my proof. Something major has changed. Reiki is still in my life. Entering a new phase now. It is too early to say whether i have weakened or depend my practice.

I enjoyed immense depth by going more spiritual before. I'm excited now. I'm travelling a path very new to me. Highly uncertain. i'm a trailblazer for myself. Listening to no-one elses ways. Respecting. Casting aside every single dmgmatic, or assumed belief. Eery single thing i've read on here. I've wrote on here. Every piece of advice, guidance, tuition i've ever been gave. Starting from scratch.

Not sure exactly where that is. I'm surprised the way this topic has took me. I started with a hint of an idea. Some apprehensive excitment. And boy am i smiling now!!

Thanks for reading.

Warmest of wishes
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

There is no Spirit Empty Re: There is no Spirit

Post by chi_solas Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Milarepa wrote:I'm placing this in our Reiki catalyst section. It hasn't went as far as a catalyst for me. Certainly not a Reiki one. Perhaps as i write it Will develop. You are welcome to watch, take part, or knowingly smile at me. Here. In this journey.

Ya know. It's 1am. My family is all tucked up in bed. I'm sitting in our dining area. We've got a big comfy seat with a foot-rest. We got it for free on gumtree from a kind person. We all love this chair. I'm in one of those places. Spaces. Mindsets. Where all feels right. All is perfect. All is at peace.

I feel really different tonight. Well, right now. It's been a tough week for me. A really hard one. One I've finally, definitely, crossed over. Out of the storm. One that has held me for a long time. In due time I'll share that with you. Suffice to say, often when major events occur in our lives, providing we are able to transcend it we might enter into a calming period. Like a ship that has been battered against the high seas. Still afloat. The waves are calming. The violent froth is dissipating. You've been there. You know what i mean. Know what way i feel.

So. Now you're able to appreciate some where i am right now within myself. Outside myself. I'll move to the point. I had the greatest fortune in meeting someone quite special some weeks ago. Though i think he would insist he is nothing special. I wont attempt to identify him in any way. I said i wouldn't. His story in't common. Some will appreciate it. Others will perhaps be surprised.

He is in one of the last stages before enlightenment. I'm talking about bliss. Constant bliss. He constantly has an experiences similar to taking cocaine. It's how he describes it. This is pretty interesting in itself. There is something more.

This guy is heading toward a culminate stage of present human evolution = enlightenment. By his own estimates he still has some way to go. However he could be as close as 95% there. He speaks facts to me. He certainly needs no money, believe me. He seeks no fame. Even though he has wrote what i would call spiritual texts that rival any of the mainstream global teachers, he keeps them private. Sharing with friends only. Even talking about this i am told isn't his preference. Certainly the guy is an enigma to me!

What is very impressive to me is i would say this guy is on a highly spiritual path. Miles ahead of me i would say. Though he would likely say all he has achieved is already within all of us. He has got to where he is by science alone. There is no belief system he holds to. In fact, i am unsure if he even has any belief in God, Divinity, etc. For him, he has indeed studied extensively many of the worlds teachers. Naming two highly of note. However, he has also studied neuroscience. It is from this angle he approaches things.

This 'scientist', is achieving within a relatively short time what is eluding many of us spiritually. and might continue to do so. Isn't this supposed to be our birthright though! Granted he has put a lot of personal work into things. It was a bit of a bomb-shell for me to see someone of science go a way that i myself am long waaay of.

Through his studies of others, he would freely admit that he became reconditioned. After all, he was absorbing, believing, and practises someone Else's truths. Of course he was reconditioned in a good way, but reconditioned he was still. He has came up with a really simple practise. It is so simple. Amazingly simple. Maybe others have also thought of it. I just haven't heard. What has impressed me. Was that he is what he says he is. Actually, when i was with him due to a work-type meeting i actually thought he was on drugs sometimes. He seemed to be on another level to me. And, for some days after meeting him, i was having major spiritual experiences.

So. Reiki. Reiki catalyst? You might see where this is headed. The platform that a person uses in order to achieve their full potential really isn't important. Literally. It is one thing to read about someone who is achieving enlightenment via solely science, but quite another to see it in person.

My style. Your style. Any style. Style itself. It can surely not be important. More-so, perhaps even sticking to, dogmatically, or even loosely a Reiki style/Reiki expression - may actually be merely re-conditioning oneself. Holding back you & I from achieving our own potential. If i am sitting within the shadow, am i still casting my own? How bright is my light?

I wonder. Does Reiki interact with anything spiritual. Yep. I've said it. If my friend can do this without spirit, or at least - a belief in one. Surely i don't need to believe in spirit for Reiki. Of course this is possible. Can i go a little further though? To concentrate solely on using Reiki personally for myself in a more scientific type way?

My friend sees his bliss feeling related to dopamine. I had thought it was maybe DMT. He corrected me today though. It is strange a little. The weeks leading up to this meeting i began to feel more drawn to using only 4 hand placements. Three are on my head. One is at my heart. I look at so many hand placements around the head from different traditions. I look at the Pineal, pituitary, hypothalamus, thalamus, and be drawn to those areas for my more focused spiritual development. The heart, i need that area in order for me to remain 'good' around people. As in able to interact with people. This is what I'm drawn to for some time.

If i would concentrate on my Reiki treatments in a more scientific way, targeting like this, i feel certain it will spring-board things for me. And why not? My own feelings, theories, are as good as any other persons. As is yours for your path.

So, for an experiment i'm entering into my practices in a much less spiritual, much more scientific way. I dont know how it will pan out. I feel excited. I have had to come to terms over the last year with the fact that i dont really know if there is anything after this life. Tha ti dont know if there is a God.

It is a far cry from the former me. I loved God. Was convinced of an afterlife. Reiki was my proof. Something major has changed. Reiki is still in my life. Entering a new phase now. It is too early to say whether i have weakened or depend my practice.

I enjoyed immense depth by going more spiritual before. I'm excited now. I'm travelling a path very new to me. Highly uncertain. i'm a trailblazer for myself. Listening to no-one elses ways. Respecting. Casting aside every single dmgmatic, or assumed belief. Eery single thing i've read on here. I've wrote on here. Every piece of advice, guidance, tuition i've ever been gave. Starting from scratch.

Not sure exactly where that is. I'm surprised the way this topic has took me. I started with a hint of an idea. Some apprehensive excitment. And boy am i smiling now!!

Thanks for reading.

Warmest of wishes
    Wayne

There is no Spirit 63216 thats exciting Exclamation we are life learners. cheers
    Opening up to new ideas and choosing the roads we are
    ready to travel. Of course there are off & on ramps
    to explore, where we can learn and grow in different
    directions. There is no Spirit 158903 with smiles galore flower
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:45 am

What a riveting read! Smile

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. Enjoy the ride!

bounce

I also have felt the desire not to be constrained to any one style of Reiki practice or indeed even just Reuki practice and have re-kindled my interest in some other areas, including mysticism and frontier science Smile
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:12 am

Thanks Colin.

Is the reason that Reiki can fit into any path because it is not really aligned to any single path - it is also not required to compartmentalise it in any way? Maybe we have unwittenely restricted many things in Reiki by doing this.

We place Reiki always within a set of boundaries. Ultimately gave to us from Usui. Even our teachers in lineage. Chiyoko. Takata. Hayashi. Usui. They have of course always taught from personal experience. And from the systems former teachers. Their views guided by their own perceptions. Bringing into play the mind. The topsy-turvy subjective false reality dictating, matrix building video game.

If we look right back to Usui. He was not independant. He was a product of the times. As all are of course. We have in essence his version of an experience. Should that remain my version? Your version?

I dont feel so. The greatest of respect remains for all of course. Yet i am not walking my own path when i teach in a systematic way. When i use any banner - such as Usui Shiki Ryoho. Or even if i use different parts of other peoples styles.

So how does one find their own essence? Can a person do such a thing? In Reiki? When we have the initiatorial confering of an ability. It's a bit complex. Maybe a bit of a pardox.

It'll be an interesting journey to see!

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:02 am

Good post. I would say that one of human's greater flaws has been that of seperating science from spirituality. Both go hand in hand and quantum physics is beginning to prove this. On that note and the topic of Neuroscience and spirituality Here's a great book by a great author who has combined both: Brain States by Tom Kenyon

Author's note: For the last year and a half, I have worked on this manuscript at a feverish pace. I would write on weekends, late at night, and sometimes sandwiched between clients. I wrote parts at 30,000 feet on cross-country plane flights.My efforts were driven by a recognition that wherever I taught there was a general misunderstanding about altered states of awareness, and that some of these errors were actually hindering people in their personal growth and, in some cases, posing serious dangers.This book is a humble attempt to correct some of this misinformation and to give readers practical tools that they can use to access the mysterious, beautiful, and incredible treasures of their own inner worlds.We are at a significant period in human history. The rate of discovery in the sciences outpaces our ability to keep up with the amount of information generated. It is very telling that over the short course of eighteen months it took to write this book, there were two significant discoveries in the brain sciences that necessitated my editing portions of the manuscript.At no time in recorded history have we acquired so much knowledge in so short a time.Knowledge is power. But knowledge carries with it a shadow side. For without wisdom to use that knowledge in life affirming ways, we may very well destroy ourselves.The ancient Chinese ideogram for transformation consists of two words — danger and opportunity. All transformations involve change whether it be the transformation of biochemistry into mind or the transformation of a society.In the ever-growing complex world in which we live, we must transcend our old ways of viewing and doing things. We must discover new ways to learn and to work. This is as true on an economic level as it is on a personal one. Those societies that educate themselves to be the most creative and motivated may well be those which flourish in the coming century. And on a personal level, access to our greater potential gifts us with new levels of fulfillment and success.It is my experience that altered states of awareness can assist us to reach beyond our current views of ourselves, and to discover a rich and powerful inner world. The insights, creativity, and sensitivity born from our own inner exploration can help us to wrestle free opportunities for greater life and growth.This is the value I see in learning how to access one’s deeper consciousness. And that is why I wrote this book.Although we may never meet, and although I can reach out to you only with words, I trust and believe in your greatness. For no matter where we are in our attainments, we can always go further. I hope the following pages entertain, educate, and enlighten you. May they persuade you to take the Great Journey.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Thanks Ben.

Initially i wanted to read the book. As you know. It dawned on me later that i was making a fatal mistake. It's natural really, and expected i guess. The whole idea, concept, purpose behind my new path is to empty my mind of every thing. Of everything i've learned up till now. Of everything i'd read. Of everyone elses opinions. Tom's stuff will likely be good. As will many others.

In fact when the friend i mention here told me about the two global teachers he recommended i went and got much of their material. When i told my freind this he advised that i shouldn't do this. Get myself bogged down in other peoples stuff. In their experiences. All that will happen then is i will have my own experiences. Influenced by them. Which is a form of reconditioning. This is why he doesn't show his work to a wider audience. And believe me, he already has the platform for that. As one progresses in reading his stuff, the writing becomes less & less. ultimately, he would like to just show a blank sheet. After that, the Silence...

It what i want to break free from. The experienced beyond. The why does Ann hate the rain. Yet i like it. Kind of thing is an example. both of us conditioned into a reaction.

If i read other peoples stuff with a view to trying to understand myself, what is happening? The only thing happening is my understanding is at best morphing to accept whatever new thing it is i am reading. Leading to re-conditioning once more. It can work many subtle levels.

I already know the answers i seek. Literally. All that is needed is the noise to be set aside. Your noise. Tom's noise. My friends noise. Everyone else's noise. Most of all my own noise. Noise is noise. and it is dynamic movement in my mind. My mind must cease to take in information. It's essential to experience the true way we are meant to be. Others information must not be what i seek. What i experience. It gets in the way of me. Whatever 'me' is.

It's tricky when i bombard myself/am bombarded by so much information each day. Awareness is where it begins. The ocean of true existence is where it ends. Or so i've been told, haha! When i get there i'll put my own expression on it to explain to another. And the minute i do? I have passed on noise to them!

Everyone is soooo busy getting into everyone else experiences. If it inspires, oooh i want some of that! Type thinking goes on. Every single time one does this they are taking attention away from themselves. wishing to experience their interpretation of anothers experience. Matrix time!

We have it in Reiki. So much so that one dare not even speak some things. If it goes against that grain. how about this:

Usui was a c*** who wanted to control people.

how does that make everyone feel. Ya'll feel my point? We are all conditioned. there is no free will. Maybe he wasn't a c***. I dont know. How could i. Yet how dare i air the possibility of the above!

another example is the people complaining about religion have no problem being in an organised spiritual path such as Reiki. With concepts handed down, and acted upon sometimes, usually, with very little thought as to why. Setting aside religion for another organised spiritual path is curious. Thought not unexpected. And it is simply reconditioned information once more. Neither good nor bad.

As long as i am influenced by others i have no free will. Only a sham of it. with shadows of others psyche impressed upon me.

I've got as much, if not more than most to thank Usui for. I Adore him. Yet i am following to one degree or another his spiritual path. His expression. And takatas. and so on. It is not my expression.

i'm not talking about creating my own style. that is passing on more noise again. reconditioned. i am talking about the beginning of breaking free. A way that can only be done by setting aside everything everyone else says. Even your response to this. And especially my interpretation!

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Last edited by Milarepa on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moderate my own profanity)
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Well, as a message in my inbox says this morning...

"The way of knowledge is like our old way of hunting. You begin with a mere trail- a footprint. If you follow that faithfully, it may lead you to a clearer trail - a track -a road. Later on there will be many tracks,crossing and diverging one from the other.Then you must be careful, for success lies in the choice of the right road." (Elder's Meditation)

my view is that, while studying a particular system, or with a particular guru, can be useful initially to provide some form of path, ulltimately, you are on your own. It is up to you how regular or dedicated your practice is - or even whether you practice at all!

However, usually, especially if you have explored several different paths, you come to the conclusion that they all lead to the same place...within! In Reiki, for example, we have the analogy of the practice of Reiki peeling back layers of fine paper but what is this actually exposing? It is the Great Bright Light inside us all that illumines our True Nature and the True Nature of everything (because we are everything and everything is us!). Most, if not all of the great spiritual traditions (and, increasingly, even science) come to the same conclusion. But to fully experience this Light we have to pass through or remove many layers of 'noise', which is the difficult part!

As I said in a recent status update on my Facebook page: "the best gift of all is inside each of us. It is our True Nature, and we can unwrap it a little more of it any time we want!" . We just need some to show us the gift but it is up to us to unwrap it. Some people's gifts have more wrapping or are wrapped tighter than others. Smile
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:56 pm

The book 'Brain States' is really about getting rid of the noise. It's factual and scientific and to the point. With some easy techniques to practice throughout the book.

The knowledge/information we accumulate over time, during our search for the ultimate reality... 'OUR' ultimate - truth.. and reality, becomes useless if not even harmful if we dont have the hearts wisdom to discern and use that knowledge and act upon it righteously.

Who is really free..., who even really understands what it means to be free? Is being free to be able to buy the car that I want, the house? To go on the holidays I want..., the trips? That is merely "financial freedom" and your still a slave to the money, the material things and to the ideology that real freedom can be found therein.
    We are constantly judging, making assumptions and beating ourselves up if we step outside the boundaries of the laws/rules we have been programed to live by...or have programed ourselves to live by. And I think it is precicely these 'programs' which the Gokai are meant to remedy or disolve.

The 5 precepts are not someone elses spiritual path. They come from spiritual/universal wisdom. If you dwell on the past you're not living, if you worry about the future you're not living, your just suspended between thoughts and between spaces in time....motionless, paralyzed by silly fantasies.

The difference between spirituality and religion.....is night and day. In one you find your own truth through experience in the other you are told what to believe.

Before I came on this forum, already having practiced Reiki for 7 or 8 years...I had no idea of all the different Reiki styles and banners. And while I was excited for the new found wealth of information and resources I was beginning to question my previous practice of Reiki... which had been, untill that point, 'pure and simple'! Smile

I bet Usui would laugh now if he would see all the debates and discussions going on about right ways and wrong ways to practice Reiki or any system of spiritual practice for that matter... I think I would anyway.

Anyway you seem to be on the right path, Wayne... if it's freedom you seek... I'm sure that is what you will find. Here's some more precepts for the road...for you and/or for anyone else... take em or leave em...

1)Be impeccable with your word

2)Never take anything personally

3)Dont make assumptions

4)Always do your best

5)Be skeptical but learn to listen

and if at first you dont succeed...., try and try again! Smile

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:37 am

LuvSoulJah wrote:The book 'Brain States' is really about getting rid of the noise. It's factual and scientific and to the point. With some easy techniques to practice throughout the book.

It sounds a great book mate. I'm more about throwing out other peoples 'facts' & greatly lessening techniques. to the point where there are none. Reading other folks material isn't going to help me. there's no point.

In my earlier post i said the answers i seek are already inside me. reconditioned info of course. I'm going to find out if it's true. I will impede my progress by placing more of anothers noise inside my mind, when the act is to eradicate all noise.

LuvSoulJah wrote:
    We are constantly judging, making assumptions and beating ourselves up if we step outside the boundaries of the laws/rules we have been programed to live by...or have programed ourselves to live by. And I think it is precicely these 'programs' which the Gokai are meant to remedy or disolve.

Yes true. Even for the 5 principles also. in fact our Reiki brethren are keen to point out such transcretions to us. I've saw that on forums often. Replacing one set of boundaries for another. Rolling Eyes

The 5 precepts are not someone elses spiritual path. They come from spiritual/universal wisdom.

they're not someone else? they ain't mine. they come from anothers reconditioned spiritual expression. which isn't mine.

Ya know, the principles are great for the boxed, packaged spirituality that society is currently deeming to be right. What if i want to be angry, for example? I can reveal that even some of the worlds best known authors on Reiki get angry. I've had the after-effects. As for working honestly. I know of another two global schools (we all do), in which either of the two global heads are telling outright lies. that can in fact harm the others business. Anger & honesty are appropriate under certain circumstances for example.

there's a idea which goes beyond anothers important points. Beyond some of societies important points. to begin to look at all life events. Not to label them good nor bad. As that's placing ones conditioning on things. More noise, ahha!

If my views are against spiritual/universal wisdom that's even more cool & exciting!

LuvSoulJah wrote:
    Anyway you seem to be on the right path, Wayne... if it's freedom you seek... I'm sure that is what you will find.

It's exciting to be doing something different. and something is happening. I dont know what it is. I dont care really. Haha!

LuvSoulJah wrote:
    Here's some more precepts for the road...for you and/or for anyone else... take em or leave em...

1)Be impeccable with your word

2)Never take anything personally

3)Dont make assumptions

4)Always do your best

5)Be skeptical but learn to listen

and if at first you dont succeed...., try and try again! Smile

Thanks. I appreciate the time it took to think them up. I'm setting aside Usui's principles though as you know. I wont be replacing them with anyone elses. Or anything else. Smile

warmest wishes
    Wayne

Last edited by Milarepa on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:43 am

ahhaha I wont take credit for them... someone will catch me out. LOL! They are from ancient Toltec teachings. More like agreements you make with yourself for freedom and transformation.

What I meant by universal/spiritual wisdom is much more the "just for today" part, than the actual '5 precepts' that follow.

Of course being free also means to be absolutely free to choose what to focus your energy upon... and that includes anger.

So the use I have found in Usui's precept on anger is that when I find myself getting angry... I try to closely examine it's source and then try to direct that energy in a more creative way... of course there isn't always the time to do that... and sometimes it just feels right to be angry.

I don't recite the precepts daily either... I'm guilty! affraid
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:13 am

Milarepa wrote:... I wont be replacing them with anyone elses. Or anything else. ..

oops! there you go - you see - you've already done precisely what you just said you wouldn't do Laughing

"If you meet the Buddha in the road, Kill Him!"
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:15 am

lol!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:26 am

Rlei_ki wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:... I wont be replacing them with anyone elses. Or anything else. ..

oops! there you go - you see - you've already done precisely what you just said you wouldn't do Laughing

Cool. If i did, it's not to be unexpected. The habit that is listening & absorbing to others peoples reconditioning may take time to cease. A habit that's ingrained into me for 36 years.

I'm not supposed to get it all at once. It a practice that takes a lot of time & work. I just happen to be airing my experience on-line. Right from the beginning.

Throwing everything out is what is happening. It's not as easy as it sounds. Not for me. Even your teachings are going. All teachings are going. If you feel that i am contradicting myself because i am taking on another's, my elusive friends teachings - that is not what it's about. Cool though, I can understand the mistake. Since i haven't & wont elaborate further on what he showed me.

Those are his experiences relayed to me. More noise. More reconditioning. Only my own true self is important. Not his views. Not yours. Not Takata's. Not Usui's. The moment he began to speak them to me, to show me his writings, was the moment he turned it into noise for me. His stuff goes too. It all goes. As in all.

Smile

warmest wishes
    Wayne

LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:22 am

I think what James meant was your actuall statement:.. "I wont be replacing them with anyone elses. Or anything else"... IMO (just for today:) "I wont be replacing them with anyone elses. Or anything else".

But there I go making assumptions again!! Rolling Eyes Very Happy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:43 am

LuvSoulJah wrote:I think what James meant was your actuall statement:.. "I wont be replacing them with anyone elses. Or anything else"... IMO (just for today:) "I wont be replacing them with anyone elses. Or anything else".

But there I go making assumptions again!! Rolling Eyes Very Happy

you're mind is expected to make assumptions. It's no biggy. Save for - you never made the assumptions. Unless 'you' are your mind.

'just for today' as got nothing to do with anything I'm writing about in this topic. any explanation I've heard of the principles is not what it's about either. when i said that I am setting aside the principles that's what is meant. If you & James still have your own attention in the principles, repackaged - i have not said that! Hehe. Literally i have said the opposite. Everything goes. Nothing replaces.

you can imagine a little how different this is? I'm talking about taking everything out. Yet others are still talking about reading more of others information. Or re-dressing even something they dont understand into a re-packaged form of the principles. Also what someone in lineage may or may not have meant. none of it is relevant to me.

It's cool. No problem. This section is protected by heavy moderation on nothing being wrote that is wrong or right. All is good.

It isn't my path though, what is being said to me. If it is looked at what i have wrote there are clues. Our minds being subjective. Judgemental. reactive. The moment i begin to describe where i am - i create noise. This noise creates conflict in ones mind. So a person tries to understand by reading my words. How can that work. The idea is to bypass the mind. to the true self. not travel to it through the mind.

Nothing anyone has ever said matters to me. nothing I've ever said matters. nothing I will ever say to anyone else matters. Even the moment I try to conceptualize the final product will not matter. All these things impede me. My mind, the subjective.

Even writing this topic creates more noise. more conflict in the mind. The mine fools itself into agreeing. Yet will unsuspectingly still hold onto others noise as their own. Thinking one is free. Or the mind might project its own misunderstandings. Or it's own resistance. This topic is a useful sociological experiment among everything else
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:37 am

:)hehe, that's why I put the "just for today" in brackets. I can relate to what you are saying... But at the same time scanning my brain for referrences. The mind and the brain are seperate entities... and in a way yes I am "my" mind atleast I am part of a mind...

The funny thing is that I can see so many similarities in what (I am not sure of) it is that you're doing lol! scratch ...and 'the way of the toltec warrior' (warrior because one has declared war with the inner chatter that gets in the way between you and bliss: the judge, the victim and all the agreements that one may have made/entered knowingly or unknowingly... and the labels one has given one's self/been given i.e the 10 commandments or Usui Shiki Ryoho v.s Usui Reiki Ryoho or "I'm a chef, Reiki Master/teacher" or "you're a loser!" or whatever.

And Tom Kenyon, in his book teaches a lot of things about the brain/mind. How it works and how you can make it work for you, i.e produce them bliss chemicals such as dopamine or DMT, amongst other things.

But like Colin said, "However, usually, especially if you have explored several different paths, you come to the conclusion that they all lead to the same place...within!"

With that said I'm gonna stop making noise here now.... and wish you happy trails There is no Spirit 134201

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:27 pm

There's a possibility I am not any part of my mind. 'Possibility' cause i don't know as of yet. If I say right here & now that I am, who or what is saying it? It is of course my re-conditioned mind! Hardly the most trustworthy of witnesses. And, a witness that has a vested interest in keeping the status quo. I could be fooling myself with this approach.

What's going to be very interesting for me is how, and if, I can/want to integrate Reiki into the constant practice. I'm working on a way to bring about the effect of hand treatments, without doing anything physical. without also using, or adapting anothers techniques. If i can do that, i might have the option of making Reiki an actual constant treatment.

I think that would be nice! then, it might not actually be me thinking that, haha. Am i the feeling that enjoys Reiki. Am i the hate felt at getting shot at. The joy of snuggling my wife. What even is 'my wife'. affraid

Maybe my mind has fooled me into thinking I am all these things. Maybe it was my free will that decided such things. If we look at it, there is no such thing as free will. My feelings, beliefs, reactions are a product of society. The collective interpretations of it. and my minds understandings.

what if... This is akin to the Matrix. To use an analogy. Yeah, the film. I think I understand things. Think I understand myself. Yet it is all a smokescreen. Created by my mind. And it's relationships. To continually make me blind to something that is already there. If the real I is being fooled. Can i trust any understandings i have.
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Smokey mirrors...

Society or atleast the greater part of it has become domesticized, people's personalities belief systems and behaviour, influenced/informed/shaped by their suroundings/environment... by culture... To such an extent that, for the most part we just walk through life doing what we are expected to do by society... to be part of the status qou, without ever questioning any of it... or maybe atleast not till some catalyst, like losing someone close or being on one's own death bed, stirs something inside of us, to question all of this and why we are here... Or simply just "WHY we ARE at all?".

Others yet might see it all but feel powerless against it... so they just carry on...
    Some become perpetual truth seekers... to find their own truth.. where they fit in all of this and how they can break away from the chains of societal status quo and set themselves free. Others believe in blind faith... Some are so scared by anything that doesn't fit inside their paradigm that they shut everything else out.

Some are so caught up in this 3D reality that they believe that this is it "the be all and end all..." this is their only existence and the only goal of this reality is to accumulate as much material wealth as possible... Some, once they have achieved this goal, think they have reached some kind of God-status, and become power hungry control freaks...maybe they have reached their version of 'enlightenment' because they have figured out how to control people and now even nature itself.

For me, enlightenment, or atleast a part of it, is knowing that I am more than my physical body.... I know this because I have experienced conscious awareness outside of my physical form.

But enlightenement doesn't necessarily equate to bliss or happiness. You can only achieve that by living and doing the things that make you happy and expressing yourself as you truely are....

Whatever else we search for surely we will find in death... in that sense we are all on the road to enlightenment.

So for now let's just enjoy the ride.....
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:45 pm

LuvSoulJah wrote:

But enlightenement doesn't necessarily equate to bliss or happiness.

I'm not sure what it equates to. I know others have said in their experiences that bliss & happiness may be one of the final stages before it. i plan to find out myself. Why not. Is it UN-spiritual to have that as an ambition. If the shoe fits me, ha-ha!

LuvSoulJah wrote:
    You can only achieve that by living and doing the things that make you happy and expressing yourself as you truely are....

This is the thing. If we stick to what our mind wants it is this case. It's highly related to this whole topic so great it's brought up. Our mind is what makes things good, bad, exciting, boring, etc. and this is based on conditioning. We are controlled by environmental factors then. Really all the things that bring the emotions are not what those emotions actually are. Rain is not good. nor bad. Only the mind makes it so. Getting hot wax poured on my nuts isn't good nor bad. Different minds will make it each.

What if. Suppose I really was not the trivial thoughts, expressions, beliefs, judgements that make this superficial existence of mine so varied in my emotions. What experience may be left. Maybe the natural experience. And what if this natural experience was/is pure happiness. I don't know if this is the case. Which is the point.

The mind creates turmoil. We know that. So why could it not be recognised that something that creates the turmoil should not be trusted in it's reasoning.

so if these events are not the way they are interpreted by the mind. and the mind cant' be trusted. Just what else is it doing to us that we don't realise.

now I'm getting back to writing about when the government experimented on me. In my book. Oh, the memories.... i'm surprised i turned out balanced. What a Face
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:57 am

great discussion

The mind is a powerful thing
    if you know how to work with
    your subconscious you will be
    amazed at what the universe
    has to offer bounce sunny
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:18 am

Hello,

Great conversation guys...lots to think about...thanks for sharing your ideas...

Jim
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Reikijim wrote:
    Hello,

Great conversation guys...lots to think about...thanks for sharing your ideas...

Jim

Hi ReikiJim, Happy New Year Arrow
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:20 pm

Thx Bridget...

I send good wishes your way as well...

jim
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:35 am

Milarepa wrote:...now I'm getting back to writing about when the government experimented on me...

Huh?!

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:43 am

It'll be in the book, Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:11 pm