Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

why do sometimes my hands start aching while giving reiki...

Arc
    Arc
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

why do sometimes my hands start aching while giving reiki... Empty why do sometimes my hands start aching while giving reiki...

Post by Arc Tue May 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi,

One of my experience while giving Reiki is bothering me quite alot, when i give reiki to certain chakras of my body my hands start aching...
    i have experienced that while giving Reiki to others sometimes i feel pain in certain parts of my body, and then the person to whom i am giving reiki also mentions that he or she had pain in that part too, which usually clears out by the end of the session...

But in my own body i dont feel any pain still when i give reiki, pain starts transferring into my hads, even when some of my friends tried giving reiki to me they also feel the same(transfer of pain in their hands)

i want to know, why does that happen, is their any block or something, which if i know will help me solve the problem better...

please help....

also i am very new to this forum so kindly excuse me for any mistake...

Regards why do sometimes my hands start aching while giving reiki... 307123
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

why do sometimes my hands start aching while giving reiki... Empty Re: why do sometimes my hands start aching while giving reiki...

Post by LightBody Tue May 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi Arc.

Rather than think of it as a block, think of it as a clog... metaphorically speaking, there are tiny tunnels of light weaving in and out of your body. Those tunnels of light transport energy to areas in and out of the body.

When those tunnels are growing larger, or become clogged, the pain that you have described manifests.

When that occurs, Reiki is something that will help you discover the truth of the pain. It may be that there are areas in your past that require healing, and are manifesting as that pain, or it may mean that something is medically wrong with your body.

Reiki, as a form of complementary medicine, can help you discover what the source of the problem is and seek appropriate care.

Arc
    Arc
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

why do sometimes my hands start aching while giving reiki... Empty Re: why do sometimes my hands start aching while giving reiki...

Post by Arc Tue May 01, 2012 9:48 pm

thank you for the prompt reply Smile .....i also get this inner message that i need to heal something from my past....though i have been working on it a little on and off way....guess its time to completely heal it...

Thanks a Bunch Smile
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:07 am

Dear Arc and all,

I recently treated a friend's headache for Reiki. I used reverse CKR, which is what my teacher recommended for headache. I also, on my teacher's advice, worked to send the tension down into the ground. At a certain point, I began to feel pain in my right hand. I told her that I thought the pain should be gone now. She agreed.

What concerns me, however, is that maybe I took her pain and transferred it into myself.

I have a good friend, a practitioner of Chinese medicine, who used to do "healing" work with his hands, similar to Reiki. He found that it was weakening him. He would dissipate his energy into the patient. He finally gave up this form of healing and went to learn Chinese medicine.

I had always thought that we in Reiki are immune to things like this, because we only act as channels, directing Reiki to the patient. We do not use our energy, but we use Reiki energy. So we cannot dissipate our energy. Nor can we absorb pain from the patient.

But now, how can I explain this experience?

Very best,
    Yeruham
    osamenor
    osamenor

Post by osamenor Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:52 pm

Did the pain you absorbed linger, or did it go away once the session was done?

I sometimes feel something in my own body that the person I'm treating feels. I can tell the difference whether it's really my own feeling or not--there's something a little bit different about it coming from someone else--and it's usually not very strong and fades away once the session is over, or maybe even once I've moved my hands to another part of their body.

Just last night, I was at a reiki share. I was working on one of the other regulars, and he told me that he wanted to put some intention into his chest, without specifying what the issues were. When I got to his chest--on one side of his body in particular; I did both sides--I felt a sensation rather like my lungs being constricted, along with a faint sore throat, like the kind of sore throat that would come from coughing hard and frequently. I remembered the constricting lung feeling from my childhood, when I had asthma--it felt a lot like the beginning of an asthma attack. But it wasn't really coming from within me--it was fainter than if it had been my own.

After the session, I asked my reiki partner if he had a cough or bronchitis or anything like that. He said yes, he has COPD.

But the feeling didn't linger inside me. It was gone when I moved on from that spot.

Still, you do absorb a little of other people's energies when you're giving reiki, simply because you're in their energy field. All of us absorb some of other people's energies when we're near them, even when not giving reiki, even when not reiki attuned. If you're in the same room as someone who's experiencing a very strong emotion--whether joy, sadness, anger, or anything else--don't you feel some of it, too?

That's a good reason to make sure you're well grounded when doing reiki, and to briefly brush away all that does not serve you before and after. Sometimes shielding helps--it won't stop you from giving helpful energy to the other person, but it helps you not to be too strongly affected by their energy.
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Dear Osamenor and all Reiki friends,

No, the pain did not linger. I felt it, told her I thought her pain would be gone, and then the pain in my hand disappeared.

It was a very clear pain. I wouldn't say that it had any quality identifying it as her's and not mine. I didn't really feel it as unpleasant. But I am used to pain from martial art, joint locks, etc, so pain has to be quite strong before I will consider a pain to be unpleasant.

I am getting the impression from your posting, that this is really nothing to worry about. Perhaps I can sum it up by saying that I felt her pain and you felt your "lungs being constricted, along with a faint sore throat", not as anything which was doing us any harm but only as sensitivity to our patients. Would you agree with this?
    And would others agree with this?

I like the idea of a "Reiki share". I was at something similar a few years ago. But it does not seem to be a regular practice here in Israel. I plan to begin to suggest it.

Very best to all,
    Yeruham
    osamenor
    osamenor

Post by osamenor Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:40 am

yeruham wrote:

I am getting the impression from your posting, that this is really nothing to worry about. Perhaps I can sum it up by saying that I felt her pain and you felt your "lungs being constricted, along with a faint sore throat", not as anything which was doing us any harm but only as sensitivity to our patients. Would you agree with this?
    Yes, exactly.

yeruham wrote:I like the idea of a "Reiki share". I was at something similar a few years ago. But it does not seem to be a regular practice here in Israel. I plan to begin to suggest it.
    Yes, if you know a couple of other practitioners (they can be anyone who's received at least level one reiki attunements, whether or not they routinely practice reiki) and you can come up with a good space to do it in, you can start a share. If you only know one other practitioner who can join you, you can do an exchange. It's a reiki exchange if two practitioners take turns giving each other reiki sessions. It's a reiki share if three or more practitioners are involved (although it could mean the practitioners pairing up within the share and doing an exchange). Start a reiki share with just a couple of people, and more will want to join you when the word gets out.

I would like to start a new one myself. Where I live, the closest reiki share that meets regularly is about 40 miles away, give or take, and it's hard for people to get to if they don't drive, and it only has limited space. I know lots more people who would probably participate if there were one closer and more easily accessible by public transit--the question is finding a space to do it in.
    yeruham

Post by yeruham Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:54 am

Thank you, Osamenor, these are good ideas.
    Yeruham

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:21 am