Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

symbols

reikikat
    reikikat

symbols Empty symbols

Post by reikikat Tue May 29, 2012 2:53 am

Are there really "new" symbols, does anyone here know any modern day Reiki masters who channel symbols by request? Should we try and stick to what already existed before it became popular in the western world?
    water flower

symbols Empty Re: symbols

Post by water flower Tue May 29, 2012 7:53 am

From my experience, I find when I work more and use symbols, the energy flows less. The path I follow stopped using symbols because times have changed. Sorry if this doesn't help you, but I'm only going by experience.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue May 29, 2012 6:41 pm

reikikat wrote:Are there really "new" symbols, does anyone here know any modern day Reiki masters who channel symbols by request? Should we try and stick to what already existed before it became popular in the western world?

I don't know about anyone channelling "symbols by request" but it wouldn't surprise me! Laughing

Additional symbols began to be added in to Reiki practice at a very early stage (by some of Takata's master students):
    Iris Ishikuro/Arthur Robertson added Raku, Tibetan symbols such as Dumo (Tibetan Master Symbol), Nin Giz (Tibetan Fire Serpent), Antakharana (and there are also some researchers who think that Iris also introduced what is known as the Usui Master symbol, DKM to Mrs Takata, since it was not used by Chujiro Hayashi, but is known in Johrei, a Japanese new religion which Iris was a member of).

Katherine Milner/William Rand (and some of his friends) added many more symbols including, Zonar, Harth, Shanti, Mara, Iava, Halu, Yod, Hosanna and others

Some teachers included symbols from other healing systems such as Seichim e.g. Tamarasha, Mai-Yur-Ma etc.

So, yes, I would agree with you that we should try and stick to what already existed - unless we have a really good memory and like to over-complicate things Smile

Usui Reiki Ryoho already has everything we need or, more accurately, regular practice of Usui Reiki Ryoho shows us that we already have everything we need Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 3:49 am