Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions?

Poll

Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions?

[ 9 ]
    Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions? Bar_left90%Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions? Bar_right [90%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions? Bar_left10%Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions? Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions? Bar_left0%Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Poll closed
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions? Empty Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions?

Post by LightBody Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi Yeruham.

Thank you for honoring this thread with your first post as an official member!
    cheers

yeruham wrote:... Articles can be longer, deeper, more detailed and more painstakingly thought out than forum discussions... But people work on articles for weeks and months, polishing them and asking themselves critical questions... [but] who has the time to do good editorial work on a volunteer basis?

Unfortunately it does come down to time and money. The RLL is completely volunteer maintained, and crafting discussions into article format would require a great deal of labor, and labor as a volunteer does little to pay one's rent and put food on the table.

I am learning a lot about magazine production and editing. One thing that has never been obvious to me when reading any magazine is the amount of time and expense that went into creating it. Writers put long hours into creating the articles. Editors put sometimes even more time into correcting those articles. And then there's there layout and design team that needs to use very expensive programs to assemble everything... prior to the classes I am taking, I was always very annoyed at the quantity of ads in magazines. Now, I'm still annoyed by the quantity of advertisements, but I understand why they are present. Those ads provide the financial resources to make the magazine happen. Because of the way our society works with respect to economics and all, such resources are both fortunate and unfortunate necessary evils.

At this time we (staff) are still discussing the possibilities of creating articles, but it may or may not be directly from the posts. We have started to discuss the possibilities of offering an e-magazine available through retailers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes Books, and more, but at this time it is a topic pretty much just resting in the middle of the discussion table (but that is also my doing because I put it on hold because of the college classes).

We will most likely begin the discussion of articles and/or a magazine sometime in January.

Meanwhile, for those of you who have an opinion on the matter, please feel free to follow in the footsteps of Yeruham and share your thoughts.

Yeruham, thanks again for sharing. Your feedback is important and it goes a long way.

Love & Light,
    Kiyoshi

Last edited by LightBody on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    yeruham

Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions? Empty Re: Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions?

Post by yeruham Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Thank you. I would volunteer to help but I don't know if I have enough time. If you do start a journal, maybe let me know. I review one or two articles a year in bioethics journals and try to spruce up the English. Maybe I could do something like that.
    By the way, is Kiyoshi the same person as LightBody? I am confused. But as for myself, I believe in transparency and have added my full name to my profile. But I would not ask this of those who prefer not. Best wishes, Yeruham
    (English name in publications, Frank J. Leavitt, PhD)
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions? Empty Re: Member Poll - Would you like to see formal Reiki articles derived from our discussions?

Post by LightBody Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:18 pm

The name that appears in the left column is the account username.

Kiyoshi Takahashi is my formal Reiki pen-name, and is explained in the respective link located within my signature.

:-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:54 am