Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
Dragonfly
Valia
chi_solas
Thaak
8 posters

My recent Shamanic Workshop

Thaak
    Thaak

My recent Shamanic Workshop Empty My recent Shamanic Workshop

Post by Thaak Sun May 03, 2009 6:34 pm

I just recently finished up my two-year training program in the Incan Mysteries shamanic medicine wheel.

If you've seen my meditation room mural (in the gallery section), you'll see what the 4 cardinal directions briefly stand for, and what the archetype (power animal) of each direction is.

The final weekend was the East direction, the direction of the visionary, the direction where Eagle resides.

To be a visionary, means that you hold an image of something you wish to manifest. You don't "do" anything other than hold the image or vision. Holding the image is being the image. It is the ultimate form of compassion, because for a moment you are giving up your individuality for the image.

This can be applied to healing, as you just hold the image of your client in a healthy and balanced state. There is no protocol, manipulation of energy, use of Reiki, or what have you. You just sit and hold the image. And if that person's "destiny" is not to be whole in that moment, then the manifestation of the image you hold will not happen immediately, but rather when the time is right. This may make the visionary seem to be cold or distant.

One of the things my teacher taught, was that all our religions, philosophies, spiritual ideals, etc. are metaphors. We often don't have the language to adequately describe the metaphysical, so we create metaphors to understand them. But the metaphor lessens the power of the image, since it is using language to describe the indescribable. That is what the visionary does, is hold the image without having to understand it. But since we live in a world with language, we still think in forms of metaphor. Changing the metaphor will often create a paradigm shift.

So she had us do an exercise in changing the metaphor. We were to free-write for 15 minutes or so, and then share what we wrote to the group. We were to write "My life as a River."

I'd like to share what I wrote:

My Life as River

A dribble of sweat from an exposed limestone bedrock was I, as I sluiced with the rain into a small meandering flow. I was part of the flow, not by choice, but because the forces of nature placed me there. I flowed along with a naivety born of a wet-behind the ears view of the world, always looking up in wonderment and dreaming. And my tiny flow, conglomerate of other rock sweat, joined a larger, all consuming flow. A confluence of flows from all over that set aside their dropness to be a part of the greater water. There were many rapids as the greater flow narrowed and rocks stood in the way, from which new droops joined. And then a great fall over a cliff face. The great crash upon the ground below separated me from the flow. I existed as that individual lost drop of rock sweat, bouncing from one stagnant eddy to the next. Afraid to rejoin the flow, but also in fear of drying up on my own. When finally I found a way to enjoy my own wetness and to travel with the greater flow without fear of re-subsumation. And that was when I was spilled into a vastness I could never have imagined and yet had always hoped was there. The ocean was before me and I was overjoyed. Yes this lone drop of rock sweat has entered its ocean of possibility, retained sense of self, while enjoying knowing the recombination does not mean subsumation. I am a lone drop in a wide ocean and I am the ocean, and I love the possibilities.

So then we all shared, and everyone had something beautiful. Some were poetic, some were brutally blunt, and some were child-like. But what was evident is that all were inspired from the heart!

My instructor then wanted us to do a second writing exercise. To write what our life as a river would be from this point forward. See, part of being a visionary is summoning your own destiny and letting that destiny live through you. Holding that image, so to speak. Even if you don't know what that destiny is while you are holding that image.

Here is what I wrote:

My life as a river: Who am I becoming?
    I am a drop of rock sweat swirling about an ocean. An ocean with infinite possibilities. I am the ocean. The force of the tide. The temperature of the depths both boiling and frigid. The crush of pressure. The medium for an infinite number or organisms. The salt of life. The only external tug is the ocean gently asking me to assume my place. The depths of my wonder are unfathomable. Where shall I go? Shall I empower the tides? Shal I steep in life and procreate with (or within?) the ocean? Shall I plumb the depths and brave the extremes to be reborn a drop of prophet? Am I thinking to grand? Perhaps. When I look to my heart, that warm center of my rock sweat wetness, I find unsurety. But whatI am absolutely sure of is that my greatness, my grand exploits, will not be measured by shorelines conquered or mountains eroded, but by a single spark of lightening, inspiration. My path as the ocean is to inspire that crackle of lightening so that others may join me in that ocean. How will I be this version of the ocean? Again grand ideas, with grand outcomes flow into my mind. But ultimately it does not matter how, or what, or why, or when, or how significant. It only matters that this drop of rock sweat--this ocean--inspire. So that others may be empowered within the ocean. I am the ocean of inspiration and I don't care if anyone knows.

We ended the weekend with a series of ceremony. I won't go into all the minutia, but ultimately the final ceremony was we all took turns blessing one another while still in an altered state from doing the ceremony and a journey. We were to stand before each of our fellow students and teachers, and bless them with a completely open heart full of love. We weren't to project love, so much as just be love, wholely, for that other person, in that moment.

Guys and gals, that was the single most poignant, significant, and beautiful moment I've ever experienced in my entire life. Bar none. I'm tearing up right now as I think about, remember, and process that moment.

I just wanted to share that moment I had, and share what I wrote as inspired by my heart.

Love and Light!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

My recent Shamanic Workshop Empty Re: My recent Shamanic Workshop

Post by chi_solas Mon May 04, 2009 7:27 am

sunny what a wonderful experience to write and focus on the journey.
    As always I learn much from your postings; they at times validate the
    techniques that I have incorporated into assisting others on their healing
    path flower

sunny
    Valia
    Valia

Post by Valia Mon May 04, 2009 10:58 am

sunny so beautiful sunny
    thank you for sharing!
    Valia
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Thu May 07, 2009 7:33 pm

Congratulations for completing your training!

It sounds like a wonderful experience. And I like the idea of being the visionary too. I have done that before - hold an image of a friend or client as being in a perfect state of health. I didn't have any instruction on doing it, just seemed like the right thing to do.

So, what's next for you?
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Fri May 08, 2009 3:51 am

Dragonfly wrote:Congratulations for completing your training!

It sounds like a wonderful experience. And I like the idea of being the visionary too. I have done that before - hold an image of a friend or client as being in a perfect state of health. I didn't have any instruction on doing it, just seemed like the right thing to do.

So, what's next for you?

Now I try to let the teachings live through me.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 2:31 am

WHOA!!

That's Beautiful....
    I need to come & read this again when it is all quiet!
    Too much Lawn mowing going on nearby!

( The descriptions are fascinating.... You are talking like you are THE River! Like a really real river might think if it had a mind!)

talk about walking in somebody's shoe...
    Basketball
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sat May 09, 2009 2:35 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:WHOA!!
    talk about walking in somebody's shoe...
    Basketball

That is a very boiled down way of describing Ayni, one of the main concepts of this particular path of shamanism.

Ayni is reciprocal exchange. Basically I don’t just smell a flower. I become the flower’s smell and luxuriate in its essence at the same time that it luxuriates in mine.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 2:42 am

Wow,
    How does this enhance your Reiki experience? Exclamation
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 2:47 am

How often do you go into this 'mode'??

even when not healing?
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sat May 09, 2009 3:02 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Wow,
    How does this enhance your Reiki experience? Exclamation

Very much so.

It is hard to explain why, but I’ll give it a try.

You’ve heard me discuss that when facilitating a healing session, I’ve come to the conclusion that all I need do is sit with the energy. Recognize the divinity that is within me, and that will help my client recognize their own divinity and thus help them start their own healing process.

This can of course be done with intent and visualization. You are reaching, at least a basic, state of Ayni with your client when you do this. But if your intent is to reach Ayni, then all the rest falls into place naturally, and I believe it is more profound, even if more subtle.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sat May 09, 2009 3:04 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:How often do you go into this 'mode'??

even when not healing?

I don't practice this much when not facilitating a healing session. But the deeper I travel on the path, the more it speaks to me, and the more it speaks through me.

As such, I find that, without conscious intent, I can see the beginnings of Ayni happening in my every day life.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 3:22 am

You’ve heard me discuss that when facilitating a healing session, I’ve come to the conclusion that all I need do is sit with the energy. Recognize the divinity that is within me, and that will help my client recognize their own divinity and thus help them start their own healing process.

Jeez, That is so freaking Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cheers

This can of course be done with intent and visualization. You are reaching, at least a basic, state of Ayni with your client when you do this. But if your intent is to reach Ayni, then all the rest falls into place naturally, and I believe it is more profound, even if more subtle.

I hope to come back and drill you on this!! Next week!
    Very Happy
    You Shamans are crazy, beautiful people!
    Basketball
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 3:26 am

As such, I find that, without conscious intent, I can see the beginnings of Ayni happening in my every day life.

I am not surprised..........

Basketball
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sat May 09, 2009 4:16 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    You Shamans are crazy, beautiful people!
    Basketball

hehe
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

My recent Shamanic Workshop Empty My shamanic experiences...... :-)

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 4:48 am

I once read a beautiful book about Reiki and Shamanic healing..by ...I forgot the author's name....
    (I remember in his picture, His head was completely shaved)

For the first time I read about human emotions and in all it's intricacy....! beautifully written...
    I am going to track that one down again! Very Happy

Then, last year , when we went to Maui, we took the 'Trilogy' boat tour to go to this island!
    something was striking about this guy who probably was about over 55 atleast, who was the captain and his team. Their smiles were genuine even under stress!! There was something special about their spirit! Not something 'commercial & polished' for sale!

I asked him straight out when i got the chance, how come he was all smiling and providing us with wonderful service??!!

Then I got talking and I find out he is a Shaman! (Huna)
    he was explaining a lot of stuff to me and it was a memorable, wonderful experience for me..
    he was talking about guides etc,... He ( how do you say this??? )..hmmm... He is 'connected' to the sharks...
    On the way to the island we were supposed to see whales but nothing much...

During lunch, he was making us delicious stir fry noodles.. and while he was stirfrying, his eyes would slightly roll up into his head as he was trying to remember beautiful stories..to tell me. He spoke from his heart and with so much joy and delight!

I asked him if he could make the whales come, b'cos it was beginning to look like no-show experience....
    He said he was praying already...

Back on the boat again, He said he was working on it...

pretty soon , we had amazing experiences!!!!!!!!!!
    We had loads & loads of dolphins tailgating the mother and baby whale and it was a huge show!!

More than the dolphin and whale show , I was touched by his simplicity, genuineness and kindness and his outlook on life!!

All I could think was point at his spirit and say "I want to be like that"!!

sunny
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sat May 09, 2009 4:57 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:I once read a beautiful book about Reiki and Shamanic healing..by ...I forgot the author's name....
    (I remember in his picture, His head was completely shaved)

For the first time I read about human emotions and in all it's intricacy....! beautifully written...
    I am going to track that one down again! Very Happy

Then, last year , when we went to Maui, we took the 'Trilogy' boat tour to go to this island!
    something was striking about this guy who probably was about over 55 atleast, who was the captain and his team. Their smiles were genuine even under stress!! There was something special about their spirit! Not something 'commercial & polished' for sale!

I asked him straight out when i got the chance, how come he was all smiling and providing us with wonderful service??!!

Then I got talking and I find out he is a Shaman! (Huna)
    he was explaining a lot of stuff to me and it was a memorable, wonderful experience for me..
    he was talking about guides etc,... He ( how do you say this??? )..hmmm... He is 'connected' to the sharks...
    On the way to the island we were supposed to see whales but nothing much...

During lunch, he was making us delicious stir fry noodles.. and while he was stirfrying, his eyes would slightly roll up into his head as he was trying to remember beautiful stories..to tell me. He spoke from his heart and with so much joy and delight!

I asked him if he could make the whales come, b'cos it was beginning to look like no-show experience....
    He said he was praying already...

Back on the boat again, He said he was working on it...

pretty soon , we had amazing experiences!!!!!!!!!!
    We had loads & loads of dolphins tailgating the mother and baby whale and it was a huge show!!

More than the dolphin and whale show , I was touched by his simplicity, genuineness and kindness and his outlook on life!!

All I could think was point at his spirit and say "I want to be like that"!!

sunny

Sounds like he mastered the “Art of Transmission” in that he was able to call the whales. I would liken this to calling in the Rain.

Also, I believe the word you are looking for is "Kahuna"... is that right?

Anyways, indigenous Hawaiian Kahuna's are incredibly powerful.
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 5:34 am

Sounds like he mastered the “Art of Transmission” in that he was able to call the whales. I would liken this to calling in the Rain.
    Wowee!
    bounce

Also, I believe the word you are looking for is "Kahuna"... is that right?
    I think he said Huna was the beliefs or type of healing - something like that.... and he did use the word Kahuna! ( I am forgetting.. B'cos a lot of stuff was new and I did not know a lot of anything then...)

he said how he & others hate people using the word 'kahuna' so casually!!
    Very Happy

Anyways, indigenous Hawaiian Kahuna's are incredibly powerful.

He also mentioned that he practices it not so openly ....
    ( whoever wants to check out Trilogy, do so carefully, please!) Neutral
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 am

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 09, 2009 10:06 am

Hey Andy!

I copied and pasted to show a sample of that author's material!! I had quoted this on another forum for 'a' discussion a long time ago....and I am glad I did!

I am reading this again and I still love it!! I have never come across anybody explain infatuation like he does - EVER! ....not even is self-help books!

I came across THE TOPIC in this book called, "HANDS ON HEALING" - Massage for Total health - The Shaman's way, by LEWIS HARRISON.

I found that there was so much truth and nothing but the truth and I was very very surprised to find it in a Shaman's book about healing. When I think about it , That makes a lot of sense. I just wanted to pass on what I read that was pretty profound and wise!!

He talks about his own experience when he got attracted to one particular woman and he found himself unable to concentrate and in deep emotional pain. This whole thing was under the topic, Shaman's Path, Chapter 13, My Journey. He writes.......

"Infatuation, conscious or unconscious, is a projection of desirable qualities of your own on someone else. Qualities that you seek to possess, you project and hope to obtain through association or relationship with that person. No one does it to you. The person you are infatuated with is not making you feel that way.

Infatuation is Maya. You make it up. You are looking at your own beauty, greatness, purity, wisdom and placing these qualities on the other person. They may have those qualities, but infatuation doesn't show them to you. You have to free yourself from the need to have infatuation.

Infatuation doesn't respect boundaries. It makes you shameless. Through infatuation, you do not see a person as they are, only as you IMAGINE them to be. Infatuation consumes anything in it's path. It doesn't ever respect the person who is the object of the infatuation. It doesn't respect their time, privacy, attention to duty. Infatuation is insatiable. It is all
    consuming and it will consume you.

Getting Over Infatuation means 2 things,
    1) see the qualities in yourself that you are projecting unto another,
    2) see the other person as the fine, independent person they are,............
    .................... Infatuation robs you of the chance to experience true love. ........
    ......... It creates the destructive pain of longing but never fulfills. It leaves you empty.

As you age you become more skilled at enmeshing yourself in infatuation.
    How to free yourself?
    Intake the quality you are projecting on that other person. Until the infatuation passes, take on the behavior of that other person. That will free you. .... You will get to "be" with the qualities you project on another. You will be with the divine in that person within yourself. You will feel contented and grounded. In that moment, you will see the other person with detachment and respect and affection which is not hungry"

Bruce

Post by Bruce Sun May 10, 2009 2:35 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:
    I think he said Huna was the beliefs or type of healing - something like that.... and he did use the word Kahuna! ( I am forgetting.. B'cos a lot of stuff was new and I did not know a lot of anything then...)

he said how he & others hate people using the word 'kahuna' so casually!!
    Very Happy
    [. . . .] He also mentioned that he practices it not so openly ....

"Huna" refers to the religious belief, but the word literally means "hidden." "Kahuna" refers to someone who is a priest in the huna religion. (I'm tempted to mix and match words from different languages for further meanings, but it's probably illegitimate to do so.)

Bruce
    Arabella
    Arabella

My recent Shamanic Workshop Empty Congratulations, Andy!

Post by Arabella Mon May 18, 2009 5:07 am

And thanks so much for sharing your journey with us here. cheers

Funny, I was just the other day writing on here about an experience I had years ago and how I'd felt as if I was a drop in the ocean, individual but at one with the whole. And then I came in here and read your pieces and thought "Uh-huh, just like that."

I find that kind of thing happens a lot when I'm writing.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:34 am

Arabella wrote:And thanks so much for sharing your journey with us here. cheers

Funny, I was just the other day writing on here about an experience I had years ago and how I'd felt as if I was a drop in the ocean, individual but at one with the whole. And then I came in here and read your pieces and thought "Uh-huh, just like that."

I find that kind of thing happens a lot when I'm writing.

It is interesting to me too, that as I have these thoughts (that may not entirely be my own--just my subconscious coming forward or some unseen world entity channeled through me?) that seem so profound, that they are echoed in things I read, and in other experiential anecdotes from other people.

I find that when something is true, it often is universally described by diverse people.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:12 am

Andy, hope you dont mind me joining in so late Smile

Thaak wrote:
    To be a visionary, means that you hold an image of something you wish to manifest. You don't "do" anything other than hold the image or vision. Holding the image is being the image. It is the ultimate form of compassion, because for a moment you are giving up your individuality for the image.

we can refer to that moment, where we hold an image without an effort of understanding or describing it to our mind, as a moment of "being" ! despite years of training in concentration, breathing, etc., i only realized the moment of being through experiencing reiki only... thanks Reiki Smile

Thaak wrote:

This can be applied to healing, as you just hold the image of your client in a healthy and balanced state. There is no protocol, manipulation of energy, use of Reiki, or what have you. You just sit and hold the image. And if that person's "destiny" is not to be whole in that moment, then the manifestation of the image you hold will not happen immediately, but rather when the time is right. This may make the visionary seem to be cold or distant.

in certain esoteric practicesi in the east, especially in making contact with dead people, this is similar to the 'litmus paper test' of whether or not the contact will be possibly made...

if the spirit, as per observation, has sorta 'cleared' the various stages of final journey, then only a 'full' image appears, otherwise, a half one!

Thaak wrote:

One of the things my teacher taught, was that all our religions, philosophies, spiritual ideals, etc. are metaphors. We often don't have the language to adequately describe the metaphysical, so we create metaphors to understand them. But the metaphor lessens the power of the image, since it is using language to describe the indescribable. That is what the visionary does, is hold the image without having to understand it. But since we live in a world with language, we still think in forms of metaphor. Changing the metaphor will often create a paradigm shift.

the 'aim' of meditation is always a liberation from the need of always having to borrow metaphors or description by words... you would agree that meditation, after some time, becomes a sort of travel, where our mind is still, our description is still, but yet the perception is moving and is deepening... here, we correctly come to the gist of the phrase of 'feeling without descriptions or strings attached'...

metaphors, then, needed always ?? well, i feel yes!... our mind is not usually capable of putting different things in context of each other if we loose their physical/ 'by words' description... i have tested this to practice thinking without the reference of names, titles, descriptions, but sooner or later, these things butt in, in their natural course...

however, i can recall one experience where a wonded owl landed on my house... and i dressed his wounds... and suddenly i got a feeling of hearing his inner voice of how he had been hit and wounded... this lasted for a couple of moments maybe, but there i experienced how strange it is to 'hear' an experience of somebody without 'words'....

i still really love to learn the art of how to talk to animals by approaching their pitch of mental notes Smile

the need of Metaphors
    ---------------------
    in Holy Quran, various verses have been given where we hear the words like 'hand' of God, 'eyes' of God, etc.... and initially this creates a physical impression of God against our eyes, but as we go deep, such physical description progressively goes dissolving, in the moment of being (being with god) and sometiems we feel a strange sensation of feeling our own existence being melted, and being merging in something to which it belongs to as a part...

so metaphors are like an 'anchors' of concentration when we would like to meditate something so subtle like GOD himself, but as we sail along, we have to lift those anchors so as to let ourselves move on to the deep sea Smile

lovely reading of feeling like a river, i would comment on it later in detail Smile

take care

salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:51 am

salman, as I read your response
    to Andy and read what Andy had
    written. I was seeing how the
    alternative of visualize came
    into the image. My thought was
    that for me the image needs to
    be a positive image. One that I
    had with my parents spirit. was
    a full image. The other image was
    seeing myself healed as I moved
    through my journey. I had a friend
    tell me that those were shamanic
    experiences. At that time I was
    searching for healing and looking
    at different styles. I always felt
    the fear of entering the shamanic
    world and not being in control confused
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:11 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:Andy, hope you dont mind me joining in so late Smile

Thaak wrote:

we can refer to that moment, where we hold an image without an effort of understanding or describing it to our mind, as a moment of "being" ! despite years of training in concentration, breathing, etc., i only realized the moment of being through experiencing reiki only... thanks Reiki Smile

Thaak wrote:

in certain esoteric practicesi in the east, especially in making contact with dead people, this is similar to the 'litmus paper test' of whether or not the contact will be possibly made...

if the spirit, as per observation, has sorta 'cleared' the various stages of final journey, then only a 'full' image appears, otherwise, a half one!

Thaak wrote:

the 'aim' of meditation is always a liberation from the need of always having to borrow metaphors or description by words... you would agree that meditation, after some time, becomes a sort of travel, where our mind is still, our description is still, but yet the perception is moving and is deepening... here, we correctly come to the gist of the phrase of 'feeling without descriptions or strings attached'...

metaphors, then, needed always ?? well, i feel yes!... our mind is not usually capable of putting different things in context of each other if we loose their physical/ 'by words' description... i have tested this to practice thinking without the reference of names, titles, descriptions, but sooner or later, these things butt in, in their natural course...

however, i can recall one experience where a wonded owl landed on my house... and i dressed his wounds... and suddenly i got a feeling of hearing his inner voice of how he had been hit and wounded... this lasted for a couple of moments maybe, but there i experienced how strange it is to 'hear' an experience of somebody without 'words'....

i still really love to learn the art of how to talk to animals by approaching their pitch of mental notes Smile

the need of Metaphors
    ---------------------
    in Holy Quran, various verses have been given where we hear the words like 'hand' of God, 'eyes' of God, etc.... and initially this creates a physical impression of God against our eyes, but as we go deep, such physical description progressively goes dissolving, in the moment of being (being with god) and sometiems we feel a strange sensation of feeling our own existence being melted, and being merging in something to which it belongs to as a part...

so metaphors are like an 'anchors' of concentration when we would like to meditate something so subtle like GOD himself, but as we sail along, we have to lift those anchors so as to let ourselves move on to the deep sea Smile

lovely reading of feeling like a river, i would comment on it later in detail Smile

take care

salman

Thanks for your reply Salman. Yes, I agree, that as beings living the human experience, within consensual reality, metaphors are necessary. Only the most enlightened can fully exist without them. I am not one of those enlightened.

Although it is certainly an expanding practice to mindfully go without metaphor or meaning for awhile. And you are absolutely correct, that meditation can certainly be or lead to this state.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:47 pm