Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Reiki Technician Manual (free 1-day only, shameless self promo)

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki Technician Manual (free 1-day only, shameless self promo) Empty Reiki Technician Manual (free 1-day only, shameless self promo)

Post by LightBody Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi everyone.

Please bear with me as I make a "shameless self-promo" here.

This U.S. Labor day, September 2nd, the Reiki Technician Manual is available for free download through Amazon Kindle. This is a 1-day only promotion, so if you've been considering getting it but were hesitant, now is the time to grab it.

I published the 4th edition on Sunday, which contains many significant updates to the 3rd edition. Most immediately, the page count (or finger-swipe count) has increased from about 134 to 309. All illustrations have been rebuilt, and the chapters have been re-organized.

There are some minor publication errors in the version as it exists today, errors that I will be able to correct this week. The corrected copy will become available soon, and that's one of the nice things about ebooks... if it were a print copy, it would be necessary to go to the trouble of returning the edition or repurchasing a new one. Fortunately because it's electronic, it will be a simple matter of deleting the existing copy from your device and and re-downloading it.

So, there errors that I'm aware of right now include:
    No table of contents,
    Some silly spelling errors, and
    some anatomy diagram labels are missing the numbers (but they are in sequential order in relationship to the number appearing on the related diagram).

I'll get those errors corrected this week and have the corrected copy republished sometime this week.

In addition to that, I'm going to make one more significant update to the book at some point in the future. I will update this book to the 5th edition (in a year or two) which will include additional commentaries on the material and exercises as well. As long as Amazon does not change their ebook policy, then when that edition becomes available you will be able to re-download it as no additional charge just like this one.

The links to the book are provided below:

UK
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

USA
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki Technician Manual (free 1-day only, shameless self promo) Empty Re: Reiki Technician Manual (free 1-day only, shameless self promo)

Post by Colin Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:14 am

Thanks, Buck! Couldn't resist the freebie! Smile
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki Technician Manual (free 1-day only, shameless self promo) Empty Re: Reiki Technician Manual (free 1-day only, shameless self promo)

Post by LightBody Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:36 pm

And thanks for being the first to re-tweet the special offer!

I have discovered many significant typos in that version... I was hoping only to correct one spelling error or two, to modify one or two images, and then to figure out what went wrong with the Table of Contents... but as it turns out there were some other significant spelling errors that changed the meaning of some sentences that I must correct, too. There was also the section on Resources that didn't make it into that version (which includes a link to this forum and your original listing as well).

I'm in the process of rebuilding the book tonight. I should have the revised copy uploaded by end of day on the 5th, and then that should become available for (re)download by the end of day on the 7th.

Thanks again for the promo. I hope it helps a lot of people think more critically about Reiki, and hopefully will help influence the way practitioners begin to communicate with their clients.

farnbluete

Post by farnbluete Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Thank you for this book!

I`m not through it now, just finish reading chapter 5 and have to: I have definitely never read all that important stuff in a german Reiki Book (that is the reason why i did not buy Reiki books any longer).

If you consider to get it translated into german - would be a pleasure!!

greetings

susanne
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi susanne, thank you for the comments.

I'm in the process of correcting miscellaneous typos in the book at this moment, and plan to upload the corrected copy to Amazon sometime on Sunday. The corrected edition should become available by the end of next week. I am not certain whether or not Amazon will notify everyone (it's a judgement call on their end based on my request), but I am trying to keep everyone updated through my website. An announcement will soon post notifying everyone that it is ready to be re-downloaded.

If the book begins to generate enough revenue to be translated into other languages, German in particular, I will let you know. One of the boundaries that I have in this genre is that it must pay for itself... and whether or not that happens remains to be seen.

Also, please know that one day in the future, a 5th Kindle edition will supersede the 4th. The 5th edition will have expanded commentaries on the foundation present in the 4th, and because it is electronic, everyone will hopefully be able to re-download the latest addition at no additional charge.

If I may ask a favor of you, would you mind writing an honest review of the book on Amazon? I would be very grateful.

どうもありがとございます
    Thank you very much.

Gassho,
    Kiyoshi

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi everyone.

The corrected 4th edition has uploaded to the server, but those who have already purchased copy cannot download it yet -- I have sent a request to Amazon requesting the copy be refreshed. I will place another announcement once the revised copy is available to everyone who purchased it before now.

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 am