Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+14
ZenDave
TWolfsong
cohav
Violet Rose Reiki
Bruce
papakeri
Dragonfly
Reikijim
renukakkar
Lambs-Wool
Milarepa
chi_solas
Thaak
Rlei_ki
18 posters

Reiki Treatment & the Need for Permission...

Reikijim
    Reikijim

Reiki Treatment & the Need for Permission... - Page 4 Empty Re: Reiki Treatment & the Need for Permission...

Post by Reikijim Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:02 am

Hi Bridget,

chi_solas wrote:If people send Reiki energy without
    permission the person its sent to
    does not necessarily receive it unless
    the unsuspecting recipient accepts it. sunny

So then whats the point of sending it at all? A "what if it does, what if it does not scenario"..great ..might lead some to think that Reiki is ineffective. Sending without permission will always be more about the senders personal needs and opinions, than the needs of any recipient...Your opinion/position...well...it logically leads me to assume such.

We do not know how everything in Reiki functions . Would it not be best to promote ethics, personal boundries and consideration for others wishes?...Should this not be important to us as representatives of this method of growth and healing? I think some of us, would like to see Reiki used more mainstream for the benefit and wellness of others...In this light we need to be careful in how we present ourselves and how we are viewed.

Non spiritual people, or people who have no knowledge of what we do, and our intentions(at least my intentions, I can`t speak for you) might react in a couple of predictable ways..Could there be a reaction of fear or mistrust? If so, whats been accomplished then? Certainly nothing positive for the recipient, or the Reiki community for that matter. Do we never tell the individual? That seems dishonest to me. Quite frankly, some people might not think to kindly towards Reiki people if they became aware of such activities. I would be one of them.

I work with individuals in Reiki . I try to help people find benefit through Reiki on an individual basis...I see results..good results...I do not send Reiki to the masses, the planet or my car for that matter...yet I know many do...

When I look at an individual I feel I need their expressed permission because we are about to engage in a practice that will directly affect their lives. Sometimes in a very profound manner...I need permission for such things....

Smile RJ
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Reiki Treatment & the Need for Permission... - Page 4 Empty Re: Reiki Treatment & the Need for Permission...

Post by chi_solas Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:19 am

Hi ReikiJim,
    Glad to see you posting, you have such insight
    and a wealth of experience to share. I try to
    separate the Reiki system from the ULFE that it
    uses. I see "Reiki" as nature. If you observe
    a crack in the sidewalk during spring you might
    just see a flower blooming from under the concrete.
    It always amazes me to observe nature and its many
    wonders. There was no rule that says the flower
    was wrong to grow in such a deserted envionment.
    but ULFE touched it and life began to grow. I'm not
    into organized rules and regulations. So I come with
    a different perspective of not encroaching on others
    who may believe/practice something different than me.
    sunny
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:42 am

Hi Bridget,

I respect your opinions as I respect individual insights and people, even when I cannot agree, due to my own experiences... Some might agree with me, that the Reiki experience is realized, and speaks to us as individuals in various ways...There can be no absolute knowing, or , should I say, this is the way things appear to me at this point in my path of learning...My opinions change as I progress, and I`m fairly sure this will continue...

With this said, some practice in a way, that seems unfamiliar to me. I`m not speaking of you, or anyone here personally...Yet, I have been witness to things that represent the system, in an abstract way, that makes it hard for me to identify the system at all...I may be limited in my view, limited in my abilities to see through the obvious, to find a deeper meaning and understanding of the unfamiliar practices of others. I`m working on that, and will continue to do so. I appreciate the challenges presented to me by others, and will continue to grow through them and their input.

Yet...I`m interested to know, if you would agree, that there can be a point where personal interpretation of the system has led some to be ineffectual, or less effective, in the benefit to others, or so it would appear to me at this time...I need to discuss these encounters with other experienced practitioners as a reference point for my own growth and understanding...I hope others here can understand, come forth, and help me in my pursuits...I also hope that others can grow through what I feel I can offer through my experiences.

With much respect to you Bridget....Namaste

Smile RJ
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:39 am

Reikijim wrote:
    Yet...I`m interested to know, if you would agree, that there can be a point where personal interpretation of the system has led some to be ineffectual, or less effective, in the benefit to others, or so it would appear to me at this time...I need to discuss these encounters with other experienced practitioners as a reference point for my own growth and understanding...I hope others here can understand, come forth, and help me in my pursuits...I also hope that others can grow through what I feel I can offer through my experiences.

With much respect to you Bridget....Namaste

Smile RJ

I think this could be true. It would most likely be true in instances where additions are modifications to the system are egoic changes rather than intuitional changes.

I mean if someone honestly, from their heart, intuitively feels that they should recite Sanskrit mantras while doing a Reiki session, who am I to say they are wrong.

But if someone feels the need to create a new system, new symbol, or add to an existing beautiful system, because they have a need to be recognized as special within that system, then they have made an egoic change.

In my experience, the most profound results have come when I've done my best to keep "me" out of the equation. When I've stopped worrying about incantations, protection, guides, symbols, et. al., I've noticed, profoundly, the sessions seem to be stronger, longer lasting, and with better results.

And of course, nobody but each individual practitioner will really know if they are being too egoic or not when they take personal liberties with their healing methodologies.

I do think there is something to be said, though, for honoring the lineage, your teacher, and the pureness of the system.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:54 am

Thaak, ReikiJim I was taught Usui Reiki & when
    I became a Reiki teacher I was unaware of the
    different styles out there.It was at Reiki4
    where I began to discover that Usui's Reiki
    format was changing. Opinions within the world
    of Reiki was varied with much disagreements
    among Reiki practitioners. As I sifted my way
    through the mecca of Reiki healing forums I had
    to go back to my RMT and ask more questions.
    I was surprized to hear that Reiki practitioners
    felt the need to protect themselves and black magic
    was included in some Reiki practices. Depending on
    where in the world a person practiced parts of
    their culture was included; Such as Celtic Reiki vs
    Japanese Reiki? Symbols I learned were different in
    form but had same names as other symbols drawn
    differently. Translations seemed to be the explanations
    for these differences. Diane Stein had her version. I
    began to see that with all our differences we all had a
    commonality.... ULFE. sunny
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi Thaak...nice to be sharing with you,

Hi Bridget,

Well, I have been traveling for the last year and a half, and have had all manner of challenges and situations appear in my path. It would seem at times that I`m traveling in a foreign land, although I`ve never left my country of birth. In reality I realize that the surroundings have not changed as much as I have...It was just a syncronistic event that I changed personally, along with my surroundings. You will have to excuse me, as I`m a little overwhelmed as to how Reiki is represented in the locality that I`m occupying at the moment...a little overwhelming for me, hence the reason for the way I`ve expressed myself in the last two post regarding permission.

Thaak...The "egoic " reference you speak of, I understand and agree with.

Bridget...Thanks for your input...I`m going to read the posts regarding ULFE

Smile RJ
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Reikijim wrote:Hi Thaak...nice to be sharing with you,

Hi Bridget,

Well, I have been traveling for the last year and a half, and have had all manner of challenges and situations appear in my path. It would seem at times that I`m traveling in a foreign land, although I`ve never left my country of birth. In reality I realize that the surroundings have not changed as much as I have...It was just a syncronistic event that I changed personally, along with my surroundings. You will have to excuse me, as I`m a little overwhelmed as to how Reiki is represented in the locality that I`m occupying at the moment...a little overwhelming for me, hence the reason for the way I`ve expressed myself in the last two post regarding permission.

Thaak...The "egoic " reference you speak of, I understand and agree with.

Bridget...Thanks for your input...I`m going to read the posts regarding ULFE

Smile RJ

ReikiJim,

I think that many folks are going through an energetic transition right now. Some more gracefully than others. When you feel... you use the word overwhelmed, but I get the sense you are saying lost... have you tried grounding exercises?
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi Thaak...and thanks for your interest...

Grounding exercises were something I should have been doing when I first arrived in this part of the continent...I would have been more successful in adapting to the social values and predatory approach, of some, that I`ve interacted with...

To put it plainly, my kindness and compassion, was fed upon, and I have realized some damage through these experiences..With that said, lessons have been learned. I have adapted, but with this adaptation, came a realization. I have never been surrounded by so many at once, who are so controlled and controlling, so very unconcerned with honor, and so willing to use unscrupulous devices in pursuit of wealth and personal security, among other things.

I have come to refer (privately), to two of the northern towns as Sodom and Gamorrah(please excuse the spelling, as I have no idea).

I met a local Reiki master who lives secluded , out in the mountains...Her quote.."Most spiritual people, run for their lives after they get a taste of this place."...referring to one of the local towns...

The energy of the place knocked me off my feet when I first arrived..Yet, I could not recognize it for what it was...But at that time i was "spiritually bullet proof" for lack of a better term... Eventually, the place wore me down and I struggled... I baled out a few weeks ago.

I really do not know if the community creates this, or if it was there before the community developed...I have no explanation. The wild places outside the city are wonderful, beautiful and energetically clean, as most wild places are.

A strange experience...containing valuable lessons.

This dialogue has nothing to do with the topic of this thread...out of respect for the site, it`s founder and it`s moderator...we need to take this private, that is of course if you have any interest...If not that`s cool too.

Smile RJ
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Milarepa wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:Wayne, If we squabble amongst ourselves
    about who's right /wrong, who's Reiki is
    better than another persons Reiki , then
    we are not practicing the 5 principles.

I can't see any 'squabble'. And i can't see anyone claiming their opinion is better than anothers.

All that's being asked is for someone/anyone to step up to the mark, and quantify the dogmatic rhetoric of such claims, Smile .

It's to be encouraged to search for the truth. If that's challenges anyone's current beliefs, then provided no-one is abusive, too bad, Smile .

take care
    Wayne

Someone once said "what is truth?" and humanity still hasn't answered that question.

A quote on my facebook news page says "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin"

One of my favourite bands released an album called "This is my truth - tell me yours".

I think people who try and get to the "truth" of Reiki by going backwards and trying to "find" Mikao Usui are missing the point of Reiki. Reiki is my truth. If you are a Reiki person, it is your truth. And just as you are not me, your truth is not mine, neither is my truth yours. All we can do is compare the similarities and differences between the two. Of course, both are right.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm

Pandora wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

I can't see any 'squabble'. And i can't see anyone claiming their opinion is better than anothers.

All that's being asked is for someone/anyone to step up to the mark, and quantify the dogmatic rhetoric of such claims, Smile .

It's to be encouraged to search for the truth. If that's challenges anyone's current beliefs, then provided no-one is abusive, too bad, Smile .

take care
    Wayne

Someone once said "what is truth?" and humanity still hasn't answered that question.

A quote on my facebook news page says "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin"

One of my favourite bands released an album called "This is my truth - tell me yours".

I think people who try and get to the "truth" of Reiki by going backwards and trying to "find" Mikao Usui are missing the point of Reiki. Reiki is my truth. If you are a Reiki person, it is your truth. And just as you are not me, your truth is not mine, neither is my truth yours. All we can do is compare the similarities and differences between the two. Of course, both are right.

I believe that when Reiki practitioners
    follow the 5 principles they will tap
    into their own individual truths.............

I - Just for today, I will not be angry. Anger at others or oneself or at the whole world, creates serious blockages in one's energy. It is the most complex inner enemy. Reiki is an excellent tool to remove anger blockages which have accumulated in the body over years, but it cannot remove the residue of current anger which occurs daily. Letting go of anger. brings Peace into the Mind.

II - Just for today, I will not worry. While anger deals with past and present events, worry deals with future ones. Although worry is not always a negative phenomena, endless worries may fill one's head, and each one bores a small hole in one's body and soul. While anger requires a focused Reiki treatment to remove obstacles, worry requires the energy to be spread throughout the entire body. Letting go of worry, brings healing into the Body.

III - Just for today, I will be grateful. Be grateful from your heart inward. Inner intention is the important element in this principle. Simple things as thanks, forgiveness, smile, good words, gratitude can improve others life and make them happy. Being thankful brings Joy into the Spirit.

IV - Just for today, I will do my work honestly. Support yourself and your family respectably, without harming others. Earn a respectable living, live a life of honor. Working Honestly brings Abundance into the Soul.

V- Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing. Honor your parents, honor your teachers, honor your elders. Being Kind brings Love into the Will. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:00 am

Pandora wrote:

I think people who try and get to the "truth" of Reiki by going backwards and trying to "find" Mikao Usui are missing the point of Reiki.

I disagree, although i wasn't talking really about 'going back', but about what's currently being said Smile .

Having been on both 'sides of the fence'. Folks who seek the truth within Reiki do so for a number of reasons. Among them are:

They may feel an obligation to honour the system they are meant to be teaching, by knowing all a teacher should.

They may find great reward in looking deep into core concepts in Reiki. This does deepen one's perception & experience of Reiki.

what is the the 'point of Reiki' you mention?

Pandora wrote:
    Reiki is my truth. If you are a Reiki person, it is your truth. And just as you are not me, your truth is not mine, neither is my truth yours. All we can do is compare the similarities and differences between the two. Of course, both are right.

yeah, Smile . We need to be clear here though. Your interpretation may be different to mine. that's doesn't mean both are correct. It means to us, we are both right, at that moment, Smile. when you jump up, do you not come back down? If you put your hand in a fire, would you not burn? Same here. Countless things are truths. If though, i say when i jump up, i don't come down, and moreso, i beleive it, does that really mean it's true?

And, (this is important, there's nothing wrong, or nasty, or bad, about one person getting it clearer, than another (whomever it may be). After all, it's one of the reasons we congregate, and share information & expereince. I don't see a need to be politically correct by towing the line, being scared to approach the subject of one Reiki person having a clearer undertsanding than another. It's no big deal. i'm not suggesting i'm such a person (shrug), this is a general comment, Smile .

Just cause people have made Reiki a catch-all phrase for a myraid of things, doen't mean it also operates in whatever way a practitioner decides. A practitioner may observe, or feel, or believe, it acts in a certain way, this does change, once perception changes. This doesn't mean a practitioenr is changing how Reik works.

For me, it's been a real slow (a certain person would say 'painfully slow') process, of studying, focussing, and meditating over very specific individual aspects within Reiki. Core aspects we should all already know. I've found, that usually, the people who don't care for, or arn't interested in this, are the one's whom say it's not worthwhile. Course, they havn't expereinced it... hardly qualifies the opinion.

Squarely on topic, if someone makes a claim as it's factual, and many practitioners around the world almost numbly recite rhetoric, then it's to the improvement of Reiki, to see if these claims are real, or not.

Take care
    Wayne
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:27 am

Pandora wrote:
    Milarepa wrote:

take care
    Wayne

Historical information regarding Reiki, I find interesting, I would of course interpret the information in a slightly different way than another. We all make information we receive "our own"....

Some of us might agree that we all view the world in a slightly different way...But still, there is a commonality to the experience...The commonality allows us to share the experience. The commonality allows us to learn together. The "truth" is an agreement that we view something in the same manner.

It is "true" that my truth may not be your truth...but then again it also can be.

I`m not going backwards when I try to find common ground in Mikao Usui`s truth...Quite honestly, and with all due respect, I`m more interested in Mikao`s truth than I am yours, or most other practitioners for that matter...I have a close association with Mikao Usui...that`s my truth...."Newer isn`t always better"

Smile RJ
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:14 am

Milarepa wrote:

yeah, Smile . We need to be clear here though. Your interpretation may be different to mine. that's doesn't mean both are correct. It means to us, we are both right, at that moment, Smile. when you jump up, do you not come back down? If you put your hand in a fire, would you not burn? Same here. Countless things are truths. If though, i say when i jump up, i don't come down, and moreso, i beleive it, does that really mean it's true?

And, (this is important, there's nothing wrong, or nasty, or bad, about one person getting it clearer, than another (whomever it may be). After all, it's one of the reasons we congregate, and share information & expereince. I don't see a need to be politically correct by towing the line, being scared to approach the subject of one Reiki person having a clearer undertsanding than another. It's no big deal. i'm not suggesting i'm such a person (shrug), this is a general comment, Smile .

Just cause people have made Reiki a catch-all phrase for a myraid of things, doen't mean it also operates in whatever way a practitioner decides. A practitioner may observe, or feel, or believe, it acts in a certain way, this does change, once perception changes. This doesn't mean a practitioenr is changing how Reik works.

For me, it's been a real slow (a certain person would say 'painfully slow') process, of studying, focussing, and meditating over very specific individual aspects within Reiki. Core aspects we should all already know. I've found, that usually, the people who don't care for, or arn't interested in this, are the one's whom say it's not worthwhile. Course, they havn't expereinced it... hardly qualifies the opinion.

Squarely on topic, if someone makes a claim as it's factual, and many practitioners around the world almost numbly recite rhetoric, then it's to the improvement of Reiki, to see if these claims are real, or not.

Take care
    Wayne

I both agree, and disagree with you. Let me explain.

The energetic world, or the spiritual world, does not always follow the laws of Newtonian physics. It can bge argued that both worlds follow the laws of Quantum physics, but that has yet to be fully proven (don't know if it ever will)--not to mention that we don't really fully understand Quantum physics anyways.

But I digress. Two people can go on a spiritual journey (shamanic journey) to the same "location" and experience two incredibly different things. They see the same entity, and yet their descriptions will be completely different. That doesn't mean that one is wrong and one is right. Indeed, they can even get two messages that may appear on the surface to be mutually exclusive, and yet, neither message is wrong.

That's the way spirit works. We each get what we need from it. The spirit world, or the unseen world is the world of possibilities, the world where the seeds of creation are as yet un-manifested, but awaiting their turn. We can each get different visions, messages, and "truths" from this world, because the world is speaking to the individual and our individual perception and ego defines things differently for each one of us.

I once asked my shamanic teacher about this. And she said that yes, different people will feel different energies differently. They may even define how the energetic laws work differently and intuitively come up with different ways that water energy can work versus earth or sun energy. Of course now I'm digressing a bit from Reiki as I'm talking more about the Forces of nature. But I believe the explanation is parallel.

So we each will find our own truth, and none of those truths are wrong. It is the intent, integrity, and impeccability behind each truth that determines whether it is healthy for others to consume or not.

However, my teacher did say, that masters from around the world, and the closer one gets to becoming a master, that truths begin to blend together into universal truths. In other words, as we grow in our power, we will find different uses for Water or Sun or Cavern energies, but things will distill into commonalities the stronger we become--the closer we arrive at mastership.

So yes... I agree that there are universal truths, and the more we explore, practice, and entrain ourselves to the energies we choose to allow to flow through us--choose to embody, the more these universal truths become apparent. But until then, there will be many myriad of explanations and truths, that appear to be self-evident, maybe mutually exclusive, and they are not wrong. Because that is the explanation that spirit--the unseen world--has given to us, for our individual understanding. So that we can evolve to a higher understanding.

So yes, there are truths beyond our ken, that will distill the many truths out there into a common truth. But until that distilled truth becomes common knowledge, we are all allowed to have our individual truths, none of them being wrong, and its ok.

The key is, that when you teach, you don't teach from your individual perception, but rather you teach so that your student may create their own individual understanding. To do this, and also to allow a "system" you may be teaching to remain as pure to the lineage as your knowledge allows is truly the mark of a good teacher.
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:17 am

Reikijim wrote:

I`m not going backwards when I try to find common ground in Mikao Usui`s truth...Quite honestly, and with all due respect, I`m more interested in Mikao`s truth than I am yours, or most other practitioners for that matter...I have a close association with Mikao Usui...that`s my truth...."Newer isn`t always better"

Smile RJ

This comment is interesting to me, because it seems, to me, that it still consists of duality consciousness.

If we approach each moment as though it is brand new, and each experience (even if we've had those experiences thousands of times before) as if they are new, then the search for truth in the past, present or future becomes irrelevant, and our truth becomes what it is in each new moment.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:42 am

Thaak wrote:
    The energetic world, or the spiritual world, does not always follow the laws of Newtonian physics.

Perhaps not, i'd hoped though, in one sentence to show that there are indeed 'truths'.

Thaak wrote:
    But I digress. Two people can go on a spiritual journey (shamanic journey) to the same "location" and experience two incredibly different things. They see the same entity, and yet their descriptions will be completely different. That doesn't mean that one is wrong and one is right. Indeed, they can even get two messages that may appear on the surface to be mutually exclusive, and yet, neither message is wrong.

Yeah, two people can go on a walk to the shops, see the same things, yet describe, and interpret it differently. that doesn't mean both are right. It means both are right for them, as in re-counting what they expereinced.

If both expereinces were right (and i'm talking about earthly Reiki expereinces, as that's what this discussion has started over), then that means there are multiple realities merged, and we access them readily.

If someone reads on a forum Reiki enters via the crown,and they beleive that, they'll likely begin to feel a flow like that. If they say it comes from the Seika tanden, they might say they can feel it flowing down their arms. Or, another migth say yea, in a way it 'emanates' from us, but is always in a constant. What's going on here is an individuals perception is changing, and it's this perception that enables them to see things different. It's not coming from all those different ways cause the practitioner is deciding it.

It's a classic case of folks beleiving the world is flat, so, it is. Simply because 'everyone else says so'!

And Andy, folks all over the world go to spiritual teachers. not just to learn techniques. To avail of their understandings also. Why does someone have understandings another doesn't? Cause all of us are at different 'milestones', and, there are others whom have a clearer understanding. This is why one seeks advice, mentorship, etc.

Take care
    Wayne
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:48 am

Thaak wrote:
    Reikijim wrote:

Smile RJ

This comment is interesting to me, because it seems, to me, that it still consists of duality consciousness.

If we approach each moment as though it is brand new, and each experience (even if we've had those experiences thousands of times before) as if they are new, then the search for truth in the past, present or future becomes irrelevant, and our truth becomes what it is in each new moment.

I agree

I`m not looking for the truth..there isn`t one

I`m looking for connection...for information so I can develope my own state of being in reiki

I look at the founder( Usui ) as a reference point...a foundation from which I grow...

My journey in Reiki started with a teacher as I assume yours did...A foundation and reference point in the learning and development process.

One way of referencing where you are is too look back, and see where you came from.

If that means I consist of a duality consciousness...Ok...that`s where I am in my path...I walk alone mostly, at my own speed. I look for information and then move forward with new tools based on what sticks to me in the info I`ve collected.

Smile RJ
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:51 am

Reikijim wrote:
    Thaak wrote:
    Reikijim wrote:

Smile RJ

I agree

I`m looking for connection...for information so I can develope my own state of being in reiki

I look at the founder( Usui ) as a reference point...a foundation from which I grow...

My journey in Reiki started with a teacher as I assume yours did...A foundation and reference point in the learning and development process.

One way of referencing where you are is too look back, and see where you came from.

If that means I consist of a duality consciousness...Ok...that`s where I am in my path...I walk alone mostly, at my own speed. I look for information and then move forward with new tools based on what sticks to me in the info I`ve collected.

Smile RJ

Ok, fair enough. You seem to be on a journey that is right for you, and you seem to be progressing along it well.

Hopefully hearing different perspectives has helped you.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:54 am

Thaak wrote:

Andy, hehe, do me a favour? Put your hand in a fire, then put your hand in a freezer. No 'duality consciousness'?

Thaak wrote:

It's in this moment that the information from Usui sensei create deeper relationships with Reiki. Andy you know this already, Smile . If you're practicing a bona fide path of shamanism (not the 'i spent 2 weeks in the amazon, and create teachings' way), then you have been utilizing ages old shamanic knowledge, to assist you now.

This is why we search for Usui sensei's understandings. Cause, in their infallible 'wisdom', some folks thought it better to include 1 a4 sheet on chakras, and leave out the deeper teachings, 'Shinpiden' is meant to mean, Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:18 am

Thaak wrote:
    Reikijim wrote:
    Thaak wrote:
    Reikijim wrote:

Smile RJ

I agree

Smile RJ

Ok, fair enough. You seem to be on a journey that is right for you, and you seem to be progressing along it well.

Hopefully hearing different perspectives has helped you.

Hi Thaak,

You challenge me to think Andy, as I will challenge those who are less evolved than me,challenging one to think, explore, that`s always a good thing..... Very Happy

Smile RJ
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:45 am

Usui's Reiki system has changed as others have
    developed it to meet the needs of different
    cultures. The basic format remains the same.

I do not need to know the history of Usui
    for ULE to work. The Reiki system as ReikiJim
    points out is a reference point for folks who
    need/want to know/learn how Usui's Reiki system
    works. It doesn't matter what Reiki system I
    use. The basic's and intent lead to natural
    healing. Even if it means I reach into the past
    for answers or stay with the present moment the
    out come is the same.

I do appreciate when folks exchange their views
    it helps me continue to go within the world
    of "Reiki"
    sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:41 am

topic split, new topic created for change of discussion, Smile.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:59 am

Milarepa wrote:topic split, new topic created for change of discussion, Smile.

and I notice, just to keep things interesting for any new members who are reading this thread in the future, you haven't mentioned the name of the new thread/topic

devious! Twisted Evil

a very sneaky way to ensure they will have to go read a whole bunch of other threads to discover the one you didnt name... Suspect .
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:35 am

I kinda wanted to keep the new topic private, for Andy & I. our own personal boudair..

now the secrets out..

split topic is at: http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/reiki-general-f1/what-s-in-a-name-t398.htm .

thanks James, Smile .
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:14 am

Rlei_ki wrote:

can't quite recall where exactly they were based - as I mentioned, I think it was in a discussion on Reiki-4-all (the now defunct)

Wayne, and anyone else - help me out here?
    - I'm not sure if maybe Rob Spiller brought up the issue?

Got word form Rob. Yeah, he's going from memory also here.

The setting is Vancouver. Someone whom lurked at a Reiki University club. The idea is you go onto the street, and attune folks to master level, as you talk to them. By either booths in shopping malls, or just out in the street. Ask a lot of leading questions, and some mis-information. Such as, want godo health always, and recieve god's blessing. Kids as youung as 13/14 were on the street doing this fo rthem. They were giving ranks, kind alike military, and it seemed cultish to folks.

Rlei_ki wrote:

"We're sorry, access to [.........]reiki4all has been blocked by the site owner"

Wonder why Remy's done this? scratch

Rob thinks might be an error, as sometimes Vinny's stuff disappears. He's gonna ask Remy.

take care
    Wayne
    fay.kelley.7
    fay.kelley.7
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by fay.kelley.7 Tue May 07, 2013 5:57 pm

re the original question ...

If Reiki is sent from the heart which stands in a place of love, we are sending love.
    Many send love to other countries, to the entire Earth, why not to anyone?

I do not believe that we need permission to send love. Or to send someone
    "to the Light" etc.

I'm sure most people don't have lots of time to send a lot of remote healings,
    so in the cases that we might be motivated for someone we care
    about, my view is that sending Reiki and sending Love is all about the same vibration.

I wonder what would happen if everyone that knew Reiki sent Reiki to everyone they
    knew every week ... wow, what a great world of peace !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:26 am