Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

The origins of Reiki - as SUPPOSEDLY told by Dr Hayashi and Mrs Takata ...

Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

The origins of Reiki - as SUPPOSEDLY told by Dr Hayashi and Mrs Takata ... Empty The origins of Reiki - as SUPPOSEDLY told by Dr Hayashi and Mrs Takata ...

Post by Rlei_ki Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:02 am

Apparently:

...Reiki was formed by a Japanese Christian Monk who traveled the world healing people. He studied with Catholics in Rome. In their priesthood, his teacher, a priest, taught him Jesus' healing method, "the St. Lukes Healing Method," (unknown in the Catholic church) and he used his own laying on of hands method, by saying prayers before the session of laying on of hands over or on a person who was needing healing and afterward he would do another prayer to heal and seal a person in God' love and light.....
    (http://orderofsaintpatrick.org/hindu/rei-ki.htm)

scratch
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

The origins of Reiki - as SUPPOSEDLY told by Dr Hayashi and Mrs Takata ... Empty Re: The origins of Reiki - as SUPPOSEDLY told by Dr Hayashi and Mrs Takata ...

Post by Pandora Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:10 am

No wonder the RC church doesn't like Reiki, if all they know is misinformation...
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

The origins of Reiki - as SUPPOSEDLY told by Dr Hayashi and Mrs Takata ... Empty Re: The origins of Reiki - as SUPPOSEDLY told by Dr Hayashi and Mrs Takata ...

Post by Colin Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:25 am

Rlei_ki wrote:Apparently:

...Reiki was formed by a Japanese Christian Monk who traveled the world healing people. He studied with Catholics in Rome. In their priesthood, his teacher, a priest, taught him Jesus' healing method, "the St. Lukes Healing Method," (unknown in the Catholic church) and he used his own laying on of hands method, by saying prayers before the session of laying on of hands over or on a person who was needing healing and afterward he would do another prayer to heal and seal a person in God' love and light.....

scratch

Laughing

And, I notice that the rei-ki page is in the hindu folder and also mentions a the "Buddhist mother earth "god" that includes all animal & human life on earth"! Question

Quite an interesting mix of (mis)information but it starts our reasonably well (for the first couple of lines anyway!)

Ai to Hikari
    Colin

Last edited by Colin on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and grammar)
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Post by Rlei_ki Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:53 am

Colin wrote:
    And, I notice that the rei-ki page is in the hindu folder and also mentions a Buddhist Mother Earth Goddess! Question

Quite an interesting mix of (mis)information and it starts our reasonably well (for the first few words anyway!)

Hmm, as you say, an interesting mix of (mis)information

for example, it includes the following 'quote' from AETW:
    Each of the four Usui Reiki symbols has an accompanying Japanese mantra/phrase - frequently referred to as a jumon ('spell' or 'incantation'). The jumon accompanying Symbol 1 is: "Choku Rei." This means, "Put all the power of the Universe here." The jumon accompanying Symbol 2 is: "sei he ki" (or "sei heiki.") This means, "God and humanity become one." Symbol 3 is the jumon: "Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen." This means, "May the Buddha in me connect to the Buddha in you to promote harmony and peace." Symbol 4 is the jumon: "dai k my." This means, "Great Being of the Universe Shine on Me."

The only problem is that the text I've highlighted in green, did not come from AETW

silent Suspect
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:41 am

scratch

Hi James,

I visited the link you offered here. At times, could it be that certain individuals offer misinformation with a purpose in mind? As I`m sure you know, misinformation can be used in an attempt to dilute the identity of a subject and marginalize it`s message and credibility. I do understand that some are just publishing hearsay info from another that they were taught...But, my word, there is so much of it around....

Rolling Eyes RJ
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 am

Now you're talking.

Why would someone even feel they needed to go learn another style, if Usui Shiki Ryoho, and Takata sensei, did in fact teach the original style?

Unless.. a plethora of 'originality' teachers, with their contacts, started saying Takata sensei was 'this & that', she 'taught wrong information', etc.

thank God, Reiki practictionrs whom experience the divine, would never stoop so low to do these kinda things!
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:00 am

Reikijim wrote:

scratch

Hi James,

I visited the link you offered here. At times, could it be that certain individuals offer misinformation with a purpose in mind? As I`m sure you know, misinformation can be used in an attempt to dilute the identity of a subject and marginalize it`s message and credibility. I do understand that some are just publishing hearsay info from another that they were taught...But, my word, there is so much of it around....

Rolling Eyes RJ

Yes Jim I'm pretty sure they have their own agenda: they are RC and as such will fit in with the Catholic church's biased view of anything that isn't RC!
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:16 am

Pandora wrote:
    Reikijim wrote:

scratch

Hi James,

Rolling Eyes RJ

Yes Jim I'm pretty sure they have their own agenda: they are RC and as such will fit in with the Catholic church's biased view of anything that isn't RC!

Hi Pandora,

Well the RC`s certainly have challenges when it come to positive press in their own regard. They acquired two black eyes, which stemmed from a Canadian news agency report this past week. It`s unfortunate that an organized group of this magnitude has to struggle so. Bad press, misinformation directed at those with differing views/beliefs...etc....too sad. Sad Wish things were otherwise for their hierarchy, and their followers for that matter.

Smile much peace to you RJ

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:46 pm