Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
Milarepa
Pandora
6 posters

Reiki as a short cut to healing

Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Reiki as a short cut to healing Empty Reiki as a short cut to healing

Post by Pandora Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Wayne's mentions of "short cuts" got me thinking about a discussion I had with my current Master Teacher student, who has also studied spiritual healing with me.

The spiritual healing syllabus is much longer and more complex than Reiki with its 3 levels. There are 19 lessons which are meant to be studied over 2 years, with essays and a practical exam.

The practical side of spiritual healing, as covered in the training, is also much more complex. Were I to have a spiritual healing session booked with a client, for example, my preparation would start some days in advance by getting my body and mind prepared: I'd eat properly and hydrate properly, avoiding alcohol, making sure I got plenty of sleep, while not entertaining any negative thoughts. I'd connect to the Divine every day through prayer and meditation on the Christ and his gift to the world.

On the day before the session, I enter into a state of gratitude and acknowledgement for the amazing gift of healing which the Lord has permitted me to have.

When the client is with me, I would then make sure I was fully grounded with roots to the centre of the earth. I would call in the Violet Flame to remove any impurities. I would create an energetic egg of white light to protect my client from myself (and vice versa) before attuning to the client. Then I would call in Love from the Divine and commence the healing session. After the session has finished, I ground myself and my client and use the Violet Flame to remove all negative energy.

Compare that with Reiki. I can give Reiki healing to anyone who needs it just by thought. I don't need to go through all this purification, connection, protection stuff. Why is that?

Could it be because Usui sensei did it on our behalf on Mount Kuruma, and so we don't need to do it now?

When viewed from my spiritual healer's perspective, therefore, Reiki itself is a short cut to healing. If I wanted to take the long way to healing, I'd do the spiritual healing stuff. However, we have the gift of Reiki and it's just not necessary! Of course, there is nothing stopping anyone doing everything I've described above as part of Reiki - but why would you?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Reiki as a short cut to healing Empty Re: Reiki as a short cut to healing

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:16 am

Good topic! I know nothing of spiritual healing. If a person compared the expereince between the two, is there much difference? I know expereinces can vary, but in general?

I'd heard that some spiritual healers kinda look down on Reiki (whether it's warranted or not, i dunno), would this be cause of the training you mentioned?

You've a good point though, if the expereince isn't mcuh difference, how worthwhile is the preparation, or, now needed?

take care
    Wayne
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:33 am

Milarepa wrote:Good topic! I know nothing of spiritual healing. If a person compared the expereince between the two, is there much difference? I know expereinces can vary, but in general?

I'd heard that some spiritual healers kinda look down on Reiki (whether it's warranted or not, i dunno), would this be cause of the training you mentioned?

You've a good point though, if the expereince isn't mcuh difference, how worthwhile is the preparation, or, now needed?

take care
    Wayne

From the healer's point of view, there is a difference in the quality of the energy, as if they're at different frequencies. I'm reluctant to use the term "higher" because that implies qualitative judgments. Not better, but different. I also find a difference between the flavours of Reiki I'm attuned to. My last client for spiritual healing described her experience with the energy as having facilitated a transition and provided her a space for growth.

Yes some spiritual healers do look down on Reiki. I've heard that it's because they believe that, if they become attuned to Reiki, they will lose their other abilities. I've found that not to be the case, in fact, quite the reverse. The healers association to which I belong accepts that any therapist can be (and probably is) a spiritual healer, and that includes Reiki healers.

The NFSH (National Federation of Spiritual Healers) look down on every other association of spiritual healers in the UK! Their training is much more onerous than my association's, typically lasting 4 years! They are very elitist.

I've been wrestling with merging the two disciplines for teaching purposes: after all, it's all "energy therapies" as the hospice calls it. How to do this while retaining the integrity of Usui Reiki is what I've been struggling with. I'd appreciate thoughts from people on this!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:45 am

Pandora wrote:

From the healer's point of view, there is a difference in the quality of the energy, as if they're at different frequencies. I'm reluctant to use the term "higher" because that implies qualitative judgments. Not better, but different. I also find a difference between the flavours of Reiki I'm attuned to. My last client for spiritual healing described her experience with the energy as having facilitated a transition and provided her a space for growth.

I've found this myself with Quantum Touch, it seems much more different. So much so, that QT seems to be highly effective for physical stuff, whereas Reiki 'comes into it's own' with more emotional,spiritual things.

Pandora wrote:
    Yes some spiritual healers do look down on Reiki. I've heard that it's because they believe that, if they become attuned to Reiki, they will lose their other abilities. I've found that not to be the case, in fact, quite the reverse. The healers association to which I belong accepts that any therapist can be (and probably is) a spiritual healer, and that includes Reiki healers.

Kinda similar expereince reported in QT, whislt using Reiki by many. I found it to be th eoppostie. that could simply be myself not having the ability to do something conscious and passive at the same time though!

Pandora wrote:
    I've been wrestling with merging the two disciplines for teaching purposes: after all, it's all "energy therapies" as the hospice calls it. How to do this while retaining the integrity of Usui Reiki is what I've been struggling with. I'd appreciate thoughts from people on this!

You're in an excellant vantage point to do this academically, and mentally. And of course, practically, Smile. If your goal is to help others, and of course it is in a hospice, then i'd suggest go ahead and do what is needed to help others.

Are you questioning what it woudl be called? As prob your training in spiritual healing is different than in Reiki, and although it can surely come from the same source, if your doing spiritual healing, are you doing Reiki? As in technqiue? Is this what you're pondering over?

If you merge both paths, why not cal it something individual? I know there's many of these systems out there, and it might seem less atracting, but with your other academic skills, you'd create a really great system i'd wager.

I know it was said to me before that Barbera Ray was the main person in Reiki, after Takata sensei died, but when she renamed her system to Radiance technique, it was such a bad marketing term, that she feel to the sidelines.

take care
    wayne
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:56 am

One thing to note on this, I think that, at least in the US, with the insurance companies the way they are, that without the "onerous training regimen" Reiki might find it hard to be accepted as a legal medical practice.

After all, look at massage. I can give a great massage. I can learn how to give a better massage by someone sitting me down and showing me some "tricks". I can even get liscense to do massage in Minnesota without having gone to school. But I don't believe the insurance companies would accept a claim against my services unless I have a massage certification from an accredited school. It can cost up to $30,000 and 2 to 3 years to do this.

As Chris wrote, spiritual healing can take years and a school like atmosphere to learn. The Reiki Alliance, as far as I'm aware, still charge $10,000 for master teacher level training. William Rand (and a local school to me called the Meta Institute) have agreements with continuing education type things for nurses and massage therapists, that Reiki classes will officially be accepted for this, but you have to go through a rigorous series of qualifications to be considered accredited through Rand's organization or the Meta Institute.

It may be, that for Reiki to become accepted for insurance in the US, that things become a bit more standardized for all practitioners and teachers.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:48 am

I've been corrected in private by someone trained in barbera's system. It was in fact excellant marketing, but the way she treated her students was the problem.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:53 am

Yes Andy, this is why I've been trying to write my Reiki courses according to the National Occupational Standards for Reiki in the UK. Being an academic I'm very well aware of the "awarding body" debate, and it's possible I might be able to do this through my holistic therapy body membership.

Wayne, thanks for the encouragement! I do have a dilemma in that the spiritual healing course carries accreditation and insurance with it, and I could write a course such that those benefits would not be compromised. However, I think I'd still have to include the spiritual healing element, and I'd rather move away from that to be honest. With the hospice deciding to lump it all in under the umbrella of "energy therapies", that might be one way forwards.

But I don't want to compromise the fundamentally easy nature of Reiki, nor do I want to unnecessarily burden people with stuff that's not relevant (such as protection, which I only believe to be necessary in extreme circumstances when using Reiki). I do want to remain true to Usui and his successors. And I don't want to be accused of trying to cash in on Reiki, you know, creating yet another system of Reiki so I can take people's money. Any thoughts anyone?
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:28 am

Hmmmm...interesting topic.

Reiki as an application is relatively "easy" but I don't know that the sensitivity and discernment that comes with experience as a practitioner is "easy", in other words, how we become attuned to what the energy is doing as we are facilitating a session. If I am facilitating a session and mentally check out of the process, it will probably still be effective, but I may be missing the receipt of information that will help me make it more effective.

As far as all of preparation goes - I advise my new students not to drink alcohol and to get adequate rest and hydration for 24-48 hours prior to receiving an attunement. Likewise, I try to follow the same rules and get myself in a positive and spiritually receptive frame of mind beforehand too. I'm not that rigorous prior to a regular client session but ideally, I should be.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:35 am

your spot on Dana. If i can draw a correlation with amrtial arts. It can be realitvely easy to know how to perform the move, but, it can take many years of practice for that move to change from fine motor skill to gross motor skill, thereby being insticntive. And even longer, perhaps, to see that one move having connections to life, and spirituality itself.

Same with Reiki. Perhaps easy to learn technqiues, but there are many answers, and questions continually found within each technique.
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:40 am

well similar to yourself Pandora I came to Reiki after training in Spiritual Healing....... ( I giggle when I write that because there is absolutely no difference in what is offered) anyway my training took about 4 years... but could have been done over two years more intensive had I have had the time to dedicate to that..but I didn't as I had a very young family at the time (weee baby and one on the way)... my teachers were all NFSH trained but it wasn't an NFSH course... it was a healing school started by some wonderful women who felt that the NFSH were a little too anal.....( my words not theirs! ahahahah)

anyway long story short ( ish) during the 4 years of my training I heard about this Reiki thing and we used to discuss it, and we were all a little concerned that one could be open to such deep spiritual awakening and awareness over one weekend, afterall it was taking us lot a couple of years.........I was extremely skeptical of this Reiki thing and quite disturbed by the prospect of a quick earning aid under the premise of Healing'....... also during my training there was great emphasis placed on counselling skills and listening skills ( full being listening)..... quite a few of us didn't feel that these mega quick Reiki courses offered the student the necessary skills to help them with their clients..... and actually I still think that.......I am extremely gratefull for the more indepth humanistic skills I was taught... which offered me a solid grounding in working with the public...I still have all my course papers as they are still very very useful. Had I have gone straight into Reiki without this knowledge and these skills I would have felt quite vulnerable and I most certainly wouldn't have been able to offer the recipients the best of myself... so I do feel there is MUCH lacking in Reiki training in that sense.... but the rapid spiritual awakening tool that Reiki is is absolutely incredible!!!!!! ......damn near blew my socks off.. much much more powerful than anything I experienced through spiritual healing.............although that was incredible and beautiful also.....

Just gonna post this so I don't lose it not finished yet
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:56 am

This is why I want to know more about what happens to our physiology during a Reiki attunement..... whats going on? what is being effected in us that enables us to have such deep spiritual awakenings........that not only last but get more beautiful with time.. people spend their whole lives searching for what Reiki can open us to in such a short space of time.......

Reiki really does help cleanse our doors of perception

one of my favourite quotes which I have on my Reiki leaflets

If the doors of perception were cleansed
    everything would appear to man as it is
    Infinite
    for man has closed himself up
    till he sees all things
    thru narrow chinks of his cavern

William Blake

I have to admit my doors of perecption first started to get wiped upon my very first healing session... I had read so much about healing but had never experienced it then synchronicty played its role and I ended up having some sessions with two amazing healers.......one was a post man by day and a healer by night, the other lady was a full time healer..... anyway after my sessions I started to have visions...........all symbolic in nature and all relating to my life...actually on one of my sessions with the postie I had a vision that frightened the life outta me.....but I understand it now.. anyway after meeting these two incredible people I wanted to give to others what they had given to me, and thats when I came across the spiritual healing course......

Okay I've waffled on a bit not quite as shortish as I intended.....what was the question again?????
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:29 am

Milarepa wrote:
    Pandora wrote:

I've found this myself with Quantum Touch, it seems much more different. So much so, that QT seems to be highly effective for physical stuff, whereas Reiki 'comes into it's own' with more emotional,spiritual things.

Pandora wrote:

Kinda similar expereince reported in QT, whislt using Reiki by many. I found it to be th eoppostie. that could simply be myself not having the ability to do something conscious and passive at the same time though!

Pandora wrote:

You're in an excellant vantage point to do this academically, and mentally. And of course, practically, Smile. If your goal is to help others, and of course it is in a hospice, then i'd suggest go ahead and do what is needed to help others.

Are you questioning what it woudl be called? As prob your training in spiritual healing is different than in Reiki, and although it can surely come from the same source, if your doing spiritual healing, are you doing Reiki? As in technqiue? Is this what you're pondering over?

If you merge both paths, why not cal it something individual? I know there's many of these systems out there, and it might seem less atracting, but with your other academic skills, you'd create a really great system i'd wager.

I know it was said to me before that Barbera Ray was the main person in Reiki, after Takata sensei died, but when she renamed her system to Radiance technique, it was such a bad marketing term, that she feel to the sidelines.

take care
    wayne

Wayne,

the way you speak abotu QT makes me want to learn more about it. Would you mind to recommend me some resources I could look into it?

Thank You!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 am

hiya Resko, sure no probs. i can send you the offical Quantum touch manual, and also the advanced supercharging manual. The supersharging one shows you how to achieve the same level of results on yourself, as if it was another treating you (as we know it sometimes takes longer if we self-treat, for some things).

It's a most easy, excellant system for pain & physical stuff. Lemme know if you want the pdf manuals buddy.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:51 am

Milarepa wrote:hiya Resko, sure no probs. i can send you the offical Quantum touch manual, and also the advanced supercharging manual. The supersharging one shows you how to achieve the same level of results on yourself, as if it was another treating you (as we know it sometimes takes longer if we self-treat, for some things).

It's a most easy, excellant system for pain & physical stuff. Lemme know if you want the pdf manuals buddy.

Warmest wishes
    Wayne

I would love to, please.

Thank You.
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:02 pm

Thanks Wayne,

This is great stuff. I will pay more attention to this.

Thank You.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:10 pm

your welcome Resko. I'd good results treating a doctors sinusitis by only reading half of book one. Her pain went from a 10 to a 2, within 20 mins.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 7:35 am