Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
LuvSoulJah
chi_solas
LightBody
wildcarde
8 posters

healing sexual abuse(rape) with reiki?

wildcarde
    wildcarde

healing sexual abuse(rape) with reiki? Empty healing sexual abuse(rape) with reiki?

Post by wildcarde Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:42 am

Can't go into details, but how would you go about this? say, someone who was abused as a child, but is now an adult? further say this issue is causing them issues in their adult life, because this person never got any therapy?
    /discuss
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

healing sexual abuse(rape) with reiki? Empty Re: healing sexual abuse(rape) with reiki?

Post by LightBody Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:11 am

My partner, Bayardo, was sexually abused between the ages of 12-16, and it only stopped because his mother moved out of their original country and took him, and his younger brother of two years, with her.

I help by listening when he needs to talk about it, and I never initiate or instigate the conversation of it because it's not me who needs healing through that circumstance, but him... and that healing doesn't take place during the course of one Reiki treatment, but rather many.

I let him do the talking when he's ready, and all the while I listen and provide Reiki. Sometimes it's hands-on, other times it's distance Reiki.

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

healing sexual abuse(rape) with reiki? Empty Re: healing sexual abuse(rape) with reiki?

Post by chi_solas Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:18 am

Absolutely. It's important to listen as
    with any deep emotional issues. I would
    never say I understand,or make a comment
    that would imply pity. heart smiley
    wildcarde
    wildcarde

Post by wildcarde Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:58 am

agreed that listening is really important-from a practitioner's POV, any specific techniques or hand positions you guys think are best when working on such a person?
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:46 am

wildcarde wrote:agreed that listening is really important-from a practitioner's POV, any specific techniques or hand positions you guys think are best when working on such a person?

I always ask/tell all my clients if
    at any time you feel uncomfortable
    let me know & we can stop at any time.
    Allow them to feel in control of the
    session. When working on the root
    chakra area you might feel more
    comfortable placing your hands on the
    outer hip area. It's important that you
    also feel comfortable when facilitating
    a session. healing sexual abuse(rape) with reiki? 850837
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:21 am

It's also important to let that person address the issue by themselves. For example in some cases you my not even know that the person has been a victim of sexual abuse. But you might reach that conclusion on your own, through ur intuition.... it's important in such cases not to force the person to talk about what it is that is troubling them... maybe they already have someone else for talking to about it and prefer to keep it to a minimum. Make sure the person is comfortable with your hand-positions... basically use your intuitiveness. If the person expresses a wish to talk about it then listen, and offer compassion. These people are often very fragile inside even if they have a hard shell, so be extra careful. In general I would say if it's a female to seek a female practitioner, or suggest one to her, on the other hand it could be therapeutic for her to be treated by a man, to build up a sort of trust to the opposite sex again. Just be very sensitive, choose your words wisely and be compassionate.

Namaste
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:26 am

i m treating a young girl aged 16 these days through distant sessions... she had emotional turmoil due to early separation of her parents and then sorta abandoning her in their new lives...

without trying to know the cause and reason i ask her what affirmations she wants, how she wants to be, and how she wants to change her feelings about unfortunate experiences of her life... once she confirms me the affirmations, i try to embed them to her sub conscious throguh seiheki chiyoro ho.... she is showing imporovement...

once she is bit balanced and normalized, i intend to iniate her to level one so that she can self-treat herself

as Bridget said, in such cases as you sought discussions about, it is best not to 'touch' the core of the issue yourself... over sympathy proves sometimes posionous even... deep traumatic ailments of human mind are like volcanic erruptions... when the mind's volcano bursts, we find nothing but ash, heat, dust and rubble coming out... and it is only after some time that real 'lava' happens to come out......

practitioner's role, especially when it is a reiki practitioner who is not licensed to deal with mind matters, it is best to 'play passive' in the session.....

reiki sure heals the emotional traumas but it is very subtle in working.. you cannot expect it would bring an overninght relief...... also there is an obsrvation that when emotional matters start coming to resolution, body expells something in form of intestinal problems, acne, itch, allergies.... and this makes the whole thing very interesting to study academically as well...

best regards

salman
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:33 am

I like your approach Salman! thanks for sharing!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:44 am

salman as compassionate as we
    find ourselves you are right.

It is important that we do not
    try to wear more than one hat.
    Our role as a Reiki practitioner
    is not to make judgments,diagnose
    or attempt to dabble in mind
    matters when we do not have a
    license to do so. sunny
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:51 am

true, it's easy to feel compassion, especially if the person is someone close to u, you might even feel anger and hurt yourself. So the key is to stay mindful..
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:10 am

LuvSoulJah wrote:true, it's easy to feel compassion, especially if the person is someone close to u, you might even feel anger and hurt yourself. So the key is to stay mindful..

when we are close to the problem at
    hand, it can get tricky if we have
    not been practicing mindfulness. The
    closer we are to the person who needs
    help it might be best to find a neutral
    person to step in. Neutral
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:56 am

every situation is unique, and one cant really weigh one against the other. If someone for example has chosen you to be thier confidant, then you have to be prepared to carry that burdan. You can advise group therapies or other forms of therapy... and help them on their path to recovery... I guess we all react in a different way to different situations too. As I am not a professional practitioner the legal boundaries dont apply to me, I still have my morals though. Practicing mindfulness is hard in a situation like that... when I hear stuff like that, it does tend to touch me deeply... and I need some time to process it myself... Before I give any advice or guidance...
    wildcarde
    wildcarde

Post by wildcarde Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:47 pm

great advice all. thanks so much Smile
    aronaya
    aronaya

Post by aronaya Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Just found this topic - an important one to consider. I'm wondering if we had a previous thread on this as well.

Good thoughts here, everyone encapsulates the key principles well. As a survivor of abuse myself, I've spent a lot of healing time on it. Reiki was key in giving me the strength and awareness to discover the early memories, and then to begin the healing work.

That reinforces the point, that your intuition may suggest someone was abused, but your client may not be aware of it consciously. It's a shock no matter what, when that memory surfaces, however it's mostly not our place to blurt it out. I was treated well and ethically, by so many intuitive friends who could pretty well guess what was lurking in my past, but they refrained from telling me their suspicions, trusting that my own natural healing path would bring it up when the time was right. And it did.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:00 pm

aronaya wrote:Just found this topic - an important one to consider. I'm wondering if we had a previous thread on this as well.

Good thoughts here, everyone encapsulates the key principles well. As a survivor of abuse myself, I've spent a lot of healing time on it. Reiki was key in giving me the strength and awareness to discover the early memories, and then to begin the healing work.

I had a client who was in therapy
    to deal with healing from sexual
    abuse. I believe the therapist
    suggested Reiki as a part of the
    healing process. healing sexual abuse(rape) with reiki? 850837

That reinforces the point, that your intuition may suggest someone was abused, but your client may not be aware of it consciously. It's a shock no matter what, when that memory surfaces, however it's mostly not our place to blurt it out. I was treated well and ethically, by so many intuitive friends who could pretty well guess what was lurking in my past, but they refrained from telling me their suspicions, trusting that my own natural healing path would bring it up when the time was right. And it did.

It helps to know what to say/not say
    to a sexual abused survivor. Listening
    without pity helps them break the secret. Neutral
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:56 pm

chi_solas wrote:
    Listening
    without pity helps them break the secret. Neutral

thats true!
    kaytan
    kaytan

Post by kaytan Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:26 pm

I think in this topic, the worst situation is for the one who is male and abused before puberty! unfortunately it's damn common in middle east especially in far places like villages. totally agreed with dear buck.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:12 am

kaytan wrote:I think in this topic, the worst situation is for the one who is male and abused before puberty! unfortunately it's damn common in middle east especially in far places like villages. totally agreed with dear buck.

The reason its common is that its
    a human need thats not talked about
    or included in the education system.
    As a teacher I was able to implement
    a safety program into my Kindergarten
    classroom with written permission from
    parents.This thread gives folks an
    opportunity to discuss the issue mentioned
    above.Its a worldwide issue hidden in all
    cultures. confused
    kaytan
    kaytan

Post by kaytan Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:51 am

chi_solas wrote:
    kaytan wrote:I think in this topic, the worst situation is for the one who is male and abused before puberty! unfortunately it's damn common in middle east especially in far places like villages. totally agreed with dear buck.

The reason its common is that its
    a human need thats not talked about
    or included in the education system.
    Exactly! Sad Crying or Very sad
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:51 am

Keeping secrets was a part of my
    safety teaching. How long should
    we keep a secret,(birthday surprize) affraid

Picture taking can also become an
    issue for youngsters along with money,
    candy,cute animals ect; We can make
    children aware without scaring them.
    There is literature that parents can
    read to help them educate their child. study

queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:45 pm

yes this is a very delicate situation. from personal experience it can follow along for many years, invading many quite times. My solution was to give distance healing to my younger self to instill courage and to affirm it wasn't my fault. for a client, seek permission and send distance healing, not only for the client but also for the emotional and physical energy around the client at the time. always be aware of personal space during a healing and also allow for expressions of emotion in a safe and supportive environment healing sexual abuse(rape) with reiki? 78411

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:18 pm