Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
Reikijim
chi_solas
Milarepa
tinkeysmom
8 posters

Why aren't my husband nor I feeling ANYTHING???

tinkeysmom

Why aren't my husband nor I feeling ANYTHING??? Empty Why aren't my husband nor I feeling ANYTHING???

Post by tinkeysmom Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:23 am

I just recently got my level 2 attunement. I have been practicing. BUT now neither my husband nor I can feel anything. We felt more (when I was practicing on him) after my first attunement. Why is this? There is no relief for a headache...his restless leg syndrome...my excrutiating neck pain, etc. Why? Actually we never got any relief from anything ever...but we did feel something. At least I did. My hands used to get warm...now they don't...ever.

I know we are supposed to completely believe in it...but how?! He used to feel something before. It used to make him really relaxed. And even if I was the only one who believed...how is someone else supposed to when there is nothing to make him want to believe? I just would have thought it would have become stronger now...not weaker with a level 2. Am I missing something here????

If you go to a doctor for an ailment but the doctor NEVER does anything to help...do you keep going?

Just want some gentle and honest replies, suggestions, etc. Can anybody help me here?

Thanks!

Kim
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Why aren't my husband nor I feeling ANYTHING??? Empty Re: Why aren't my husband nor I feeling ANYTHING???

Post by Milarepa Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:53 am

Hi Kim,

tinkeysmom wrote:I just recently got my level 2 attunement. I have been practicing. BUT now neither my husband nor I can feel anything. We felt more (when I was practicing on him) after my first attunement. Why is this? There is no relief for a headache...his restless leg syndrome...my excrutiating neck pain, etc. Why? Actually we never got any relief from anything ever...but we did feel something. At least I did. My hands used to get warm...now they don't...ever.

You're not the first Reiki person to encounter this, so don't feel you're doing anything 'wrong', Smile. Quite often, ailments are signs of something more deeper, and it's possible Reiki would be working on this. It's also worth noting that you yourself might need some extra attention with Reiki, in some way. This could be another factor.

I went 6 weeks one time without feeling anything, but sorted it out with 3 hours Reiki per day.

tinkeysmom wrote:
    I know we are supposed to completely believe in it...but how?! He used to feel something before. It used to make him really relaxed. And even if I was the only one who believed...how is someone else supposed to when there is nothing to make him want to believe? I just would have thought it would have become stronger now...not weaker with a level 2. Am I missing something here????

If you go to a doctor for an ailment but the doctor NEVER does anything to help...do you keep going?

Yeah, this is the thing, Reiki's said to work whether belief is there or not, of course, the practitioner should naturally believe in it, else they wouldn't be doing it. If you're having doubts now (like i did), don't worry about that either, like i said, this could be a sign you need more focus on Reiki for yourself. It's primarily for you anyhow.

Can i ask a bit about the symptoms you've wrote here? Have the symptons got worse sine you're level 1? What kind of training did you have, was in in-person training?

Reiki can be very magical at times, but it's not a 'magic cure', Smile. There might be other areas to explore with you & your husband that might give greater benefit.

It's often hard for a practitioner to alleviate pain on themselves, for instance. And in fact, in many energy therapies this is the same. For me, the best results i got with physical stuff was with quantum Touch, a very simple to learn therapy based on qigong. If you want, i can email you the basic manual, as well as the supercharging (advanced) level. Really easy to learn, with fantastic results. It tackles specifically the things you've mentioned. Just give me up to an hour, as i got to get lost data back from my hard drive, as i had to format it last night. Quantum touch will maybe help in short term, with Reiki doing what needs to be done with you in a more focussed way (?). Things will be great in no time, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    tinkeysmom

Why aren't my husband nor I feeling ANYTHING??? Empty Re: Why aren't my husband nor I feeling ANYTHING???

Post by tinkeysmom Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:28 am

Milarepa wrote:Hi Kim,

tinkeysmom wrote:I just recently got my level 2 attunement. I have been practicing. BUT now neither my husband nor I can feel anything. We felt more (when I was practicing on him) after my first attunement. Why is this? There is no relief for a headache...his restless leg syndrome...my excrutiating neck pain, etc. Why? Actually we never got any relief from anything ever...but we did feel something. At least I did. My hands used to get warm...now they don't...ever.

You're not the first Reiki person to encounter this, so don't feel you're doing anything 'wrong', Smile. Quite often, ailments are signs of something more deeper, and it's possible Reiki would be working on this. It's also worth noting that you yourself might need some extra attention with Reiki, in some way. This could be another factor.

I went 6 weeks one time without feeling anything, but sorted it out with 3 hours Reiki per day.

tinkeysmom wrote:

Yeah, this is the thing, Reiki's said to work whether belief is there or not, of course, the practitioner should naturally believe in it, else they wouldn't be doing it. If you're having doubts now (like i did), don't worry about that either, like i said, this could be a sign you need more focus on Reiki for yourself. It's primarily for you anyhow.

Can i ask a bit about the symptoms you've wrote here? Have the symptons got worse sine you're level 1? What kind of training did you have, was in in-person training?

Reiki can be very magical at times, but it's not a 'magic cure', Smile. There might be other areas to explore with you & your husband that might give greater benefit.

It's often hard for a practitioner to alleviate pain on themselves, for instance. And in fact, in many energy therapies this is the same. For me, the best results i got with physical stuff was with quantum Touch, a very simple to learn therapy based on qigong. If you want, i can email you the basic manual, as well as the supercharging (advanced) level. Really easy to learn, with fantastic results. It tackles specifically the things you've mentioned. Just give me up to an hour, as i got to get lost data back from my hard drive, as i had to format it last night. Quantum touch will maybe help in short term, with Reiki doing what needs to be done with you in a more focussed way (?). Things will be great in no time, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne

sure, I guess. Haven't heard much about it. I don't mind reading about it though.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:37 am

Just want some gentle and honest replies, suggestions, etc. Can anybody help me here?

Thanks!

Kim

Hi Kim, I find it important to create a
    peaceful area and time so that I can
    focus. Balance and harmony is part
    of the healing process.

Think about going to the movies you get
    your ticket for the show you've choosen.
    You smell the popcorn out in the foyer
    you know your in a movie theatre

Think about going into a church. They play
    sacred music. A pop concert,well bring your
    ear plugs.

A hosptial fixes broken bones. operates
    removes body parts gives you medicine
    sometimes the meds work sometimes they don't.

A Reiki session/treatment is more spontaneous
    you don't always have the props at hand. You
    might use a chair instead of a massage table.
    It's important that the giver/receiver are both
    comfortable and in a peaceful frame of mind.
    Allow yourselves to give your body permission to
    heal. Do not let negative self talk interfer with
    your healing process sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:40 am

tinkeysmom wrote:

sure, I guess. Haven't heard much about it. I don't mind reading about it though.

ok, send me an email, i'll post them a bit later, i'm going offline now. Oh!¬ about your sensitivity in your hands. Seishin Toitsu, a part of Hatsurei ho will help with this, Smile.

Edit: hatsurei ho will create a more intense expereince, or better perception, of Reiki. It means 'generate spirit'.

Last edited by Milarepa on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hatsurei)
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:38 am

Thanks!

Kim

Hi Kim,

Wayne is correct when he says your not the only one to go through this. I remember a period after my level 2 class when the only time I could feel something was when I treated my aura. I could feel the usual tingling sensation when I held my hands about 1 meter away from my body. Yet, when my hands were closer, I felt nothing. This changed in a few days, and i don`t believe it has re-occured, come to think of it.
    Level 2 is a big step in my opinion. It`s common for people to experience an adjustment period after level 2. I know I did, for what it`s worth. It may take a few days, or a few weeks, for things to settle down and become more predictable for you. You`re going to have to go with the flow in this, and have faith, things will work out. Very Happy

Smile RJ
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:39 am

you are thinking about it too much and expecting too much........let go of your thinking processes......and take your energy from your head to your heart........open youreselves up and surrender to the moment........let the reiki be, 'You' are getting in the way.... Wink
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:26 pm

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:you are thinking about it too much and expecting too much........let go of your thinking processes......and take your energy from your head to your heart........open youreselves up and surrender to the moment........let the reiki be, 'You' are getting in the way.... Wink

lovely advice Smile

seconded!

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:31 pm

well, generally speaking, and to Kim of course Smile we are enthusiastic in the beginning when we take attunements of next level in reiki...

so KIM's affairs can be well imagined...

i can remember that immediately after getting attuned to level one, i had a fever... a very high, very painful... and it took almost 4 days till i recovered from that, and in that while i didnt use a paracetamol even....

i steadily relied upon reiki's "power" and that power then manifested its presence so dramatically Smile

so KIM, just be with reiki, and behold that reiki is already working out what is due !

take care

Smile

salman
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:30 am

Hiya

For what it's worth, my Reiki master never felt a thing! Yet he was sure of the powerful effects of Reiki because of the feedback his clients gave him.

Reiki is a subtle energy, which means it works on subtle levels. It will sometimes work on the higher levels of the human energy field, and I believe this is what's happening here. If that is the case, your life will change in other ways: other healings will happen which aren't immediately apparent in the physical realm. I find this happens a lot after Level 2. My mentee last year told me after her level 2 that she wasn't feeling anything, nothing was happening, and she wanted to stop, so I said "fine". I saw her a few weeks later, and the most profound healing took place during our meeting.

When I'm giving Reiki to someone, sometimes I feel nothing. Sometimes I get bored! It's usually after these sessions that the recipient will tell me of the most amazing experience during the session! I believe it's because I'm not attached to the outcome of the session: I'm not trying to manipulate the energy: I'm out of the way.

Hope this helps
    tinkeysmom

Post by tinkeysmom Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:40 am

Thank for all the advice! I understand everything y'all are saying. Neither one of us are feeling anything...at any time. He hasn't said later that anything felt differently. I have felt nothing differently. I woke up with such excrutiating pain in my hip and I TRIED over and over to do Reiki on it. It didn't help at all. Not that I'm expecting miracles or anything...but I at least thought that it would maybe calm it down a bit. Or relax me, etc.

I'll try to stay optimistic. And to not think about it too hard...and just let go and let Reiki. It's just very hard. Sad

I'll just keep pluggin along. Thanks again for all your kind words and suggestions. Y'all are great! cheers
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:58 am

tinkeysmom wrote:Thank for all the advice! I understand everything y'all are saying. Neither one of us are feeling anything...at any time. He hasn't said later that anything felt differently. I have felt nothing differently. I woke up with such excrutiating pain in my hip and I TRIED over and over to do Reiki on it. It didn't help at all. Not that I'm expecting miracles or anything...but I at least thought that it would maybe calm it down a bit. Or relax me, etc.

I'll try to stay optimistic. And to not think about it too hard...and just let go and let Reiki. It's just very hard. Sad

I'll just keep pluggin along. Thanks again for all your kind words and suggestions. Y'all are great! cheers

it's all in the way you talk to yourself.
    When you say, "its hard " you've already
    given yourself a message that it's hard
    almost like why bother.

self-talk and Stress
    Self–talk refers to the dialogue that goes on inside your head when faced with conflict or life challenges or even simple day-to-day concerns. This aspect of yourself has a running commentary about everything you do. It never lets anything go by with out some comment, remark or evaluation.

You’ll recognize these thoughts because you have heard them all your life; I'm not smart enough, something is wrong, I can't do it, I never finish anything, this is too hard, change takes too long, etc.

These thoughts surface when you are faced with doing something that is counter to what your mind thinks you can do, or has a negative opinion about. Think back over some times that your own ideas or thoughts about what you could or could not accomplish got in the way of something you really wanted.

Okay...knowing that, now what?
    This internal monologue is present in everyone. The bad news...there is no getting rid of it. The good news...you can learn how to manage your mind so that it is your servant and you are the master, not the other way around.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:05 am

tinkeysmom wrote:Thank for all the advice! I understand everything y'all are saying. Neither one of us are feeling anything...at any time. He hasn't said later that anything felt differently. I have felt nothing differently. I woke up with such excrutiating pain in my hip and I TRIED over and over to do Reiki on it. It didn't help at all. Not that I'm expecting miracles or anything...but I at least thought that it would maybe calm it down a bit. Or relax me, etc.

It might be worth going into a bit more detail, if that's ok, Smile. How long have you been involved with Reiki?

And what effects/benefits have you or others noticed?

Also, how often are you expereincing Reiki, as in self-treating?

Sorry to ask again, but was your training in-person, or distant?

Take care
    Wayne
    tinkeysmom

Post by tinkeysmom Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:45 am

Milarepa wrote:It might be worth going into a bit more detail, if that's ok, Smile. How long have you been involved with Reiki?

And what effects/benefits have you or others noticed?

Also, how often are you expereincing Reiki, as in self-treating?

Sorry to ask again, but was your training in-person, or distant?

Take care
    Wayne

I got my level 1 in October 2008.

The only thing I've ever noticed was my hands get warm and tingly (mostly the tingly) and it USED to make my husband feel relaxed. One time while on a bus with my daughter's school field trip I was "doing" Reiki on her while she was lying on me...she all of a sudden said my hands were really really warm (she was cold). That's about it.

I TRY to do self-treatment Reiki everyday but not as much (as far as time) as I think I should. I always get sidetracked.

Both trainings were in person.

Does that help any? Smile

Last edited by Milarepa on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing quotes)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:40 am

tinkeysmom wrote:

I got my level 1 in October 2008.

The only thing I've ever noticed was my hands get warm and tingly (mostly the tingly) and it USED to make my husband feel relaxed. One time while on a bus with my daughter's school field trip I was "doing" Reiki on her while she was lying on me...she all of a sudden said my hands were really really warm (she was cold). That's about it.

I TRY to do self-treatment Reiki everyday but not as much (as far as time) as I think I should. I always get sidetracked.

Both trainings were in person.

Does that help any? Smile

yeah, Smile. Was just troubleshooting really. Training was in-person, so more likely accurate initiations were carried out, leading to an actual connection to Reiki, in which you've said experiences that are typical of the experiences of others. And this 'lack' of perceived expereince is not from the very start. Cool.

Experiencing Reiki everyday is optimal, although it's definitely easy to get side-tracked. I was just mentioning in PM to another i was getting side-tracked myself lately.

I'm really interested in something though. What's been your expereinces with Reiki? Sensations, and feelings, even results/outcomes? Reason i ask is that as is already being explained, Reiki being essentially an aura technqiue, will work on areas that are very subtle, so the effects might be very subtle or feel non-existent. Of course, the basis response is to feel relaxation, though this isn't a given if there are areas that benefit more from the Reiki expereince on the subtle levels. With my own similar experience to yours, i felt nothing for 6 weeks once. I was going through a very challenging time emotionally, and trebled my daily experience of Reiki to 3 hours of full self-treatments, this really helped things internally, and pretty soon things were back to my usual way of perceiving things. Everyone's different, but this is what happened with me, so might be something worth looking at.

If you yourself aren't in tip-top shape, it might have some bearing on the experience others have. Reason being, if there's something that we need to work on ourselves, and for some reason it's not happening, it's hard to see how we can assist others. Reiki isn't as passive as some say, Smile.

Anyhow, being as comprehensive as i can, if it's something to do with your connection to Reiki (which might occur with limited or sporadic personal Reiki use), then Hatsurei ho could very well help. Like i said yesterday, it'll help with sensations, and generating a more intense experience. I can give you a full manual, instructions, and audio, with up to level 2 in Japanese techniques of which Hatsurei is included. If you got Yahoo messenger or skype i can send the audio, or multiple email for the mp3's. The person who created them has gave me permisssion to pass the stuff, so that's cool.

Take care
    Wayne
    tinkeysmom

Post by tinkeysmom Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:34 am

Yep, I'm sure I need to practice more with Reiki...especially on myself. I have a really really bad back and have to take pain meds for it. (But sometimes, like this morning, it's so bad they don't even help.)

Right when I got my level 2 attunement I could feel the energy sooo much more. Now it's like I was talking about. Maybe it's just a thing...and it'll pass. I sure hope so. I really truly believe in Reiki and I want to use it as much as possible. And I want to help people! My Dad is REALLY ill right now with cancer. It's not good. And I know it's NOT me that would be helping him with the distant Reiki...it's the Reiki/God/universe...what have you. And yes, maybe I'm expecting too much of myself. I am obviously thinking about it too much.

And I must say that after my 2nd attunement, I was sooo excited!!! I felt the energy and couldn't wait to practice on my husband. But when he said, well...thanks for trying anyway...it brought me down! Usually it'll make him feel really really relaxed...or maybe he was just saying so (but he did always fall asleep)...but not this time. And not any time after that. Maybe that's why? Who knows!!???!!! I'm kinda of sick of worrying about it. Sad

My Yahoo IM is the same as my email.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:09 am

tinkeysmom wrote:Yep, I'm sure I need to practice more with Reiki...especially on myself. I have a really really bad back and have to take pain meds for it. (But sometimes, like this morning, it's so bad they don't even help.)

Has the pain, or an increase in pain been close to your percieved decrease in Reiki expereince? If it has it might affect your composure, understandably, and this could affect your focus, thereby actual expereince. Also, it's equally possible that for you, Reiki is primarily acting on what your body needs best, which would be helping oyur back. This doesn't neccesarily mean it would lessen the pain, as th epain is only a symptom of something else.

Don't feel there's anything wrong with focusssing on yourself primarily. I know a lot of practitioners are uncomfortable, maybe feeling 'greedy' but if we can't help ourselves, we can't be expected to help others. And we CAN help ourselves. Sometimes it needs more work than other times, Smile.

tinkeysmom wrote:
    Right when I got my level 2 attunement I could feel the energy sooo much more. Now it's like I was talking about. Maybe it's just a thing...and it'll pass. I sure hope so. I really truly believe in Reiki and I want to use it as much as possible. And I want to help people! My Dad is REALLY ill right now with cancer. It's not good. And I know it's NOT me that would be helping him with the distant Reiki...it's the Reiki/God/universe...what have you. And yes, maybe I'm expecting too much of myself. I am obviously thinking about it too much.

And I must say that after my 2nd attunement, I was sooo excited!!! I felt the energy and couldn't wait to practice on my husband. But when he said, well...thanks for trying anyway...it brought me down! Usually it'll make him feel really really relaxed...or maybe he was just saying so (but he did always fall asleep)...but not this time. And not any time after that. Maybe that's why? Who knows!!???!!! I'm kinda of sick of worrying about it. Sad

I really understand the way you're feeling, Smile. Try not to admonish yourself though, many of us go through doubts about Reiki for various reasons. It's getting clearer that your body prob needs more focused time with Reiki (as in your pain). I also feel that what Bridget (Chi_solas) is saying is applicable also. She's very expereinced in the area she spoke of (which i'm not), but reading (and remembering myself) what you're thoughts are, it could also be a factor. Course, when encounters this expereince, short of the sensations/expereinces reviving all else may seem futile. Perhaps if you & Bridget could talk via PM that might also be good. she'd be very willing to help, Smile.

tinkeysmom wrote:
    My Yahoo IM is the same as my email.

I'll send the stuff within 30 mins of writing this. The QT stuff is most excellant & effective for pain Kim. The ordinary manual, which i've sent you already seems to be like other therapies in that it's not easy to witness the same effect on ourselves than others. I'm sending the advanced manual now also. It's th esupercharging one. If you become familiar asap with the first manual (it's easy), then go onto the 2nd one. As it will give results as if it's another person treating you. I know this is a Reiki forum, but of paramount importance is us all helping each other if we can. I've saw how effective QT has been, were Reiki works more subtle, and for pain & restless leg syndrome, it's real good.

I'll also send the Hatsurei stuff, as it should helps with your sensations. It mean 'generating spirit', so increases things. There's a 15 minute guided Hatsurei ho meditation.

Keep us informed, Smile

Wayne

Edit: your Dad. Qt has brought excellant results with cancer also. As has Reiki. Again, speak to Bridget, she's got great advice/expereince about cancer.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:19 pm

The thing I found when exploring how to do QT was that I had to do something, which was raise my vibrations.

With Reiki you literally have to do NOTHING.

Just intend that Reiki will flow, and if you like you can ask that it be used for the highest good (but it will anyway). Then stay there for a bit. You will know when it's time to move or stop. The physical sensations are a bit of a red herring.

There is something else that I wanted to say here, sparked by a posting on another site. Does your husband have something invested in his physical condition? Is he actually telling you something because he's scared he will lose you to Reiki? Does he see Reiki as a threat, either to your relationship or to himself? Healing can be very threatening and not everyone wants to heal. Sorry to be so blunt in saying this.

Have you actually done any distant Reiki? This blew my mind when I first did it: the results are so much more immediate, intense than with hands-on stuff. I've written before on this site about my experiences with it, I'm sure you'll be able to find the posts. Ask your father if he'd like some Reiki sending to him, and if he does, agree a time and send him some Reiki. Make a note of what you experience when you're sending it. Then ask for his feedback. Tell him of your experiences too. Let us know what happens!

Last edited by Pandora on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bit of clarification)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:10 am

Pandora wrote:The thing I found when exploring how to do QT was that I had to do something, which was raise my vibrations.

Most QT practitioners whom are also Reiki, will usually report far more quicker & effective results with QT, speaking with them on the QT forum will show this. In fact, in the QT manual it says Reiki folks call QT 'turbo-charged' Reiki, if there ever is such a thing. For me, with physical stuff, QT excelled. I've never witnessed hips re-aligning or bones in skulls moving into place with Reiki, in QT it's so common place it's actually a 'parlour trick' hehe. With sinustis, in which the client obviously wanted immediate relief, QT substantially lessened the pain time after time, whereas Reiki would take much longer. Just some examples. In Kim's situation, with her pain, and her husbands RLS, it's prob better she's got the choice to try whatever possible to approach things twofold, lessens symptoms most effectively alongside addressing core issues, Smile. When someones in pain and painkillers don't help, it's not that easy to wait around and see when any single modality is effective, Smile.

Pandora wrote:
    With Reiki you literally have to do NOTHING.

In Reiki a person can simply intend, and lay their hands on someone, sure. Although if a person generates love or compassion for the recipient, and focusses mindfully on the actions they're doing, and also palce our awareness in the area being treated, it makes a big difference. So there's more consciously going on already. If we look to understand the inner workings of Reiki, the symbols are activated, and our divine spark does something, which creates a response. There's quite a lot going on really, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:51 am

The person who gave me QT says he was doing it before he became attuned to Reiki, and the attunement has made no difference to his QT. He told me the QT was more for the nuts and bolts of the body, i.e. musculo-skeletal disorders, whereas Reiki would work more on endocrine and circulation disorders (as well as the subtle body). (His background: an RAF doctor.) In other words, it's horses for courses. I guess that people would claim that Reiki is enhanced by QT if all they are interested in is the effect on the musculo-skeletal system. However, when I give Reiki I make sure people know that Reiki will work on all levels including subtle anatomy, and somehow they expect different results - not to see immediate physical improvements, perhaps.

If I understand your second point correctly, "normal" Reiki is sort of second-class compared to stuff which we can control, push, enhance? I have to say that's not my understanding nor is it my experience. When we are out of the way, that's when Reiki can work best. What you are describing there is more akin to what I do when I am giving spiritual healing, yet in my experience it also leaves me more open to picking up unwanted psychic "stuff" (and the quality of the healing is fainter, if you see what I mean). I have to do more in order to achieve the same result. What attracted me to Reiki (and still does) is that it is, in itself, complete: all it needs is the human conduit, and it will work. Of course, if you use the "hollow bone" analogy then Reiki will flow better if you maintain your connection better by using the precepts and self-healing. That doesn't mean the Reiki quality is any better or worse: Reiki is Reiki.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:30 am

If folks believe QT is better
    why bother with Reiki ?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:58 am

Pandora wrote:
    The person who gave me QT says he was doing it before he became attuned to Reiki, and the attunement has made no difference to his QT. He told me the QT was more for the nuts and bolts of the body, i.e. musculo-skeletal disorders, whereas Reiki would work more on endocrine and circulation disorders (as well as the subtle body).

Sure, Smile, i was talking about folks whom compare the results to Reiki, Reiki practitioners say QT is turbo-charged Reiki, not the other way round. My own results show strengths in both modalities in different areas. I agree with this on that much.

Pandora wrote:

If I understand your second point correctly, "normal" Reiki is sort of second-class compared to stuff which we can control, push, enhance? I have to say that's not my understanding nor is it my experience. When we are out of the way, that's when Reiki can work best. What you are describing there is more akin to what I do when I am giving spiritual healing, yet in my experience it also leaves me more open to picking up unwanted psychic "stuff" (and the quality of the healing is fainter, if you see what I mean).

The terms of 'control, push, enhance' are your words not mine, Smile. And they're leading to confusion with what's insitutionalised concepts in Reiki. There's no conflict, as we're remaining passive to the outcome, this is what the passiveness was originally meant to be, before it was morphed.

It's common through many energy therapies, and indeed spiritual paths/practices, when love & compassion is active the experiences are greatly pronounced. If folks say Reiki is ULE, then the old adage 'energy goes where attention goes' applies. It's very, very easy to generate feelings of love/compassion, and focus our awareness on the area being treated. Quite a few Reiki folk do this, and we do it for a reason, Smile. In fact, our member, Fshort (Frank) has got some quite interesting research on treating cancer with Reiki this way. He's actually posted it here i;m sure. Have a search of his posts, you'll see exactly what i mean.

Here's some food for thought, bold italic is mine..

REIKI FLESH, REIKI BONES:
    Observations on the Adventure that is our 'Journey with Reiki'
    Copyright ©️ 2006/7 James Deacon
    [Updated: Jun. 23, 2007]

The Wise Reiki Student:

#
    Perceives that Reiki is a blessing, an instantaneously conferred 'Sacred Potential' - for Healing, Protection and Spiritual Development...

#
    Realises that the Path of Reiki is not for everyone - for many, their Path leads elsewhere

#
    Knows the true meaning of 'Initiation' - that to initiate some one or thing is simply to set a process in motion

#
    Understands that receiving a Reiki Attunement/Initiation does not make an individual a Reiki Practitioner, it simply makes them someone who has received a Reiki Attunement/Initiation.
    To be a Reiki Practitioner requires Training, and Practice…

#
    Understands that receiving master-level Reiki Attunement/Initiation does not make an individual a Reiki 'Master' - but is simply the first step in their journey towards Reiki 'Mastery'

#
    Perceives that, in providing treatment, where the Practitioner places their hands is less important than where they 'place' their head

#
    Realises that in Reiki, the concept of nen (mindfulness) is very important.
    Not so much in the sense of being mindful of what you are doing, as being mindful that 'you' are not doing the 'doing' - Reiki is

#
    Is ever aware that, in providing treatment, the Practioner's primary function is simply to be a 'clear channel' for the Reiki Phenomenon

#
    Remains compassionately 'detached from outcomes'

#
    Overrides the desire of the conscious mind to interfere in the therapeutic process, and instead, simply lets the Reiki Phenomenon 'happen'.

#
    Sees that Reiki wisdoms are often contradictory - yet nonetheless wisdoms

#
    Perceives that healing is frequently more effective when entered into consciously by the client

#
    Knows that often, healing is more about the journey than the destination

#
    Understands the therapeutic power of Gratitude

#
    Perceives that, sometimes, the best treatment that we can offer is actually to offer no treatment at all...

#
    Understands that, sometimes, much as we feel we are in need of healing, our best interests are served by living through the experience of unwellness/dis-ease, rather than attempting to 'heal it all away'

#
    Knows that even within Reiki, there can be conflict

#
    Holds the four Usui Reiki symbols to be sacred
    - though not necessarly something to be kept secret

#
    Understands that rather than representing (or connecting us to) imagined separate 'energies' within Reiki, the symbols are sacred tools enabling us to interact in very specific ways with the singular, energetic-unity that is Reiki

#
    Perceives that, contrary to what many would have us believe, the four Usui Reiki symbols do indeed hold their own inherent power, significance and integrity - above and beyond that consciously (and often misguidedly) assigned to them by those who claim to 'know'

#
    Sees that, just as we tune in a Radio to a particular station, so, via Reiki Attunement, we are tuned in to the 'spiritual frequency' that is Reiki.
    And, on having been tuned in to the Reiki frequency (just as we would do, having tuned in the radio to the desired station) - we simply need to listen…

#
    Considers the timeliness and appropriateness of 'intervening-with-Reiki' in any given situation

#
    Learns to facilitate healing using the hands, the eyes, the breath, the Principles - but also, using the Heart

#
    Is ever aware that Reik is about Compassion, not Power

#
    Realises that Reiki is Compassion. That where there is no compassion, 'energy' may flow, but it is not Reiki

#
    Understands what it means to "hold the Healing Space"

#
    Perceives that Reiki is an enabling power

#
    Is mindful that all healing is self-healing. With Reiki we can heal ourselves; in treating others we are simply facilitators - enabling & empowering them to heal themselves with Reiki

#
    Is well aware that, frequently, a Reiki treatment does nothing more than elicit the 'relaxation response' within the client, because frequently, the client requires nothing more than to un-wind, un-worry, breathe freely and calmly, and surrender to their own amazing inherent powers of self-healing.

#
    Realises that, in performing Distant Treatment for others, we do not actually 'send' Reiki anywhere - that we are simply facilitating the other person's temporary entry into a state of awareness (conscious or otherwise) in which they can more easily invite in the Reiki Phenomenon to assist them in their own self-healing

#
    Understands that sometimes, though people may say they wish to be healed, deep down inside they are afraid to let go of their illness - because they are afraid of the changes doing so would bring

#
    Perceives that Reiki will not heal a person of anything they do not wish to be healed of

#
    Is well aware that 'Reiki History' is mutable - and open to endless reinterpretation

#
    Knows that entering into a teacher-student relationship is not something to be done lightly

#
    Understands that one cannot give what one does not have - one cannot teach what one does not truly understand

#
    Perceives that, in accepting a student of their own, they are making a commitment - and taking on a great responsibility

#
    Knows that a student must earn the respect of his teacher, a teacher must earn the respect of his student. Respect must grow into trust

#
    Perceives that Reiki keeps its own secrets - often hides them in plain sight

#
    Understands that in the final analysis, there is no such thing as a Reiki 'Master' - only a person who has achieved the ability to surrender on a regular basis to the phenomenon that we call Reiki

#
    Is aware that Reiki is about more than just 'energy'

#
    Is aware that, in speaking of Reiki as 'energy', we are actually speaking metaphorically, not literally

#
    Realises that 'Being Reiki' is simple - it's just that it can take a lifetime to achieve that particular level of simplicity

Source: http://www.aetw.org/reiki_wisdoms.htm

Pandora wrote:
    I have to do more in order to achieve the same result. What attracted me to Reiki (and still does) is that it is, in itself, complete: all it needs is the human conduit, and it will work. Of course, if you use the "hollow bone" analogy then Reiki will flow better if you maintain your connection better by using the precepts and self-healing. That doesn't mean the Reiki quality is any better or worse: Reiki is Reiki.

Sure, Smile. Back on topic, i've suggested to Kim more Reiki could be what's needed, or Hatsurei. Although, as therapists, Reiki or not, we really have a duty of care to everyone else to provide advice or skills that may help anyone that requires it. If Kim is in pain, and it sounds chronic, what's of paramount importance is that we provide as many options as possible for her to lessen her pain. Cause the fact is, she's saying Reiki isn't helping, and she might also have commitments that she has responsibilities to, therefore time for Reiki needed mightn't be there, we don't know (shrug). Particularly with a chronic condition, it might take some time for it to be sorted, add into that practitioners do usually tend to report less results treating themselves (especially in pain issues), all the while the pain goes on.

I feel Reiki is a complete system too Chris, i've said it before. The fact is though, things can take time sometimes, where other more 'blunt' modalities might give instant relief. I'm sure we agree what works best to help Kim is the only important thing, Smile.

chi_solas wrote:If folks believe QT is better
    why bother with Reiki ?

My own Qt instructor got into healing cause his wife needed it. For years he tried various therapies, including Reiki. Reiki did help, but never 100%. He tried Qt, and within 3 months his wife was able to walk again.

I can't speak for everyone obviously, i know for myself Reiki excells with emotional issues, and spiritual. As a spiritual expereince it is immensely superior to QT. However, QT have without a doubt been superb for physical things, including pain. I know for me there's little use treating someone with Reiki, when there's something else that works faster & better. The importance is helping the other person the best way. In a situation likje Kim's, i've succesfully used Qt to initially ease the pain, then went to work with Reiki to get to the core issues. The twofold approach, i highly reccommend.

although, with Reiki personally, i'm more interested in the spiritual aspects. Not that there's any real difference between healing & spirituality, i mean, i've formed an interest for the Reiki experience as an intensely spiritual one. Which is why i speak so much about Reiki in a spiritual context on here i guess.

Take care
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:36 am

Reiki Flesh Reiki Bones..theres great wisdom in those words quoted !! Cool

I think I jumped to the same conclusion that pandora and chi solas did upon reading your posts wayne I kinda got the impression you thought QT was more powerful than reiki...

the thing is with reiki... its a work in progress.......we never stop developing spiritually as a result...

to the lady who first posted..tinkeymom ( great name Laughing ) can I ask what kind of meditation techniques you were taught during level one and two....were you taught any at all?? were you encouraged to play around with different techniques, like focusing on particular symbols in a variety of ways?? were you taught any techniques focusing on the heart?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:33 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:

I think I jumped to the same conclusion that pandora and chi solas did upon reading your posts wayne I kinda got the impression you thought QT was more powerful than reiki...

i'm not saying it isn't. Or is. My first hand evidence is that another modality has been more effective in treating pain, and physical things. A person is cool to use whatever word they want for that, or even assume, i don't mind Smile.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    the thing is with reiki... its a work in progress.......we never stop developing spiritually as a result...

This is true sure, but in cases such as Kim's with daily pain, the ongoing, often accumalative effect of Reiki isn't really the only thing to provide, imo. If Reiki isn't providing pain relief via self-treatment (which isn't unusual), then unless a person has the option for treatment by another (time for results/availability/finances comes into this) then there needs to be other things as well as Reiki, that might provide instant relief. At least until Reiki is bringing more results. If only Reiki was being advised, since self-treating for pain is widely known to not be as effective (we got a topic here on this in which Andy made a good point to me), we'd need to advise Reiki by another, if finances for instance make this hard, we'd need to step up and treat Kim ourselves, which maybe we some of us should do, Smile. Thing is, it's ok for us to say Reiki will always work, have faith, trust in it, it's all you need, but that's BS to someone in daily pain for a very long time in which Reiki has never helped. I mean, Kim's never had relief from Reiki from the very start, in October 2008! I mean, come on, we gotta say to ourselves, how long is she expected to wait? Sometimes we gotta go outside our own preferences.

You know me sharon, this is a Reiki forum, and i like that largely stays Reiki, i think that's good for Reiki, and marks this forum different. With another human in pain, and for whatever reason, not relief via Reiki, all my own personal beliefs go out the window, and whatever it takes to help is the only important thing, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne
    Shakti ~ Rising
    Shakti ~ Rising

Post by Shakti ~ Rising Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:48 am

hmmm I'm not suggesting for one second that a person tries only one type of healing..... if I broke my leg I wouldn't spend weeks trying to mend the bone myself I would go to a hospital and get it set and plastered......

I am not a pill popper and most certainly do not subscribe to a pill for every ill..... but on occasioin I will pop a paracetamol when I can't releiev the pain myself....Reiki is complemenatry to orthodox medical healthcare it is not a substitute...... and anyone suffering in great pain should always go and see their doctor.....

and as we all know often self treatment is very very difficult when in pain..........it is far simpler to be treated by someone else....

but the initial questions were about why she and her hubby aren't feeling much.....and I said what I thought....you are now on about something else....

and my comment about reiki being a work in progress was addressed to you and your comments about QT ...... our experiences with Reiki become far more insightful/'powerful' the more we work with it....reiki helps us awaken spiritually and our spiritual awakening helps our work with Reiki.....its an ascending progressive spiral of learning and self discovery..... I love you

this has been my experience sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:19 pm