Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+4
Reikijim
chi_solas
Milarepa
tinkeysmom
8 posters

Why aren't my husband nor I feeling ANYTHING???

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Why aren't my husband nor I feeling ANYTHING??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why aren't my husband nor I feeling ANYTHING???

Post by Milarepa Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:13 am

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:

but the initial questions were about why she and her hubby aren't feeling much.....and I said what I thought....you are now on about something else....

i'm on about pain relief, and the lack of Reiki providing it in an on-going pain issue, which is what's important in Kim's opening post. heart smiley

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    I am not a pill popper and most certainly do not subscribe to a pill for every ill..... but on occasioin I will pop a paracetamol when I can't releiev the pain myself....Reiki is complemenatry to orthodox medical healthcare it is not a substitute...... and anyone suffering in great pain should always go and see their doctor.....

and as we all know often self treatment is very very difficult when in pain..........it is far simpler to be treated by someone else....

Well perhaps she has, although, in the US there's no NHS, so i dunno if paying for chronic medical treatment is applicable to all, and i'm sure we don't wanna ask Kim about this, Smile. As indeed being treated by someone else, in anything may cost. Best approach is to help whatever way for every eventuality in this topic.

Shakti ~ Rising wrote:
    and my comment about reiki being a work in progress was addressed to you and your comments about QT ...... our experiences with Reiki become far more insightful/'powerful' the more we work with it....reiki helps us awaken spiritually and our spiritual awakening helps our work with Reiki.....its an ascending progressive spiral of learning and self discovery..... I love you

this has been my experience sunny

I know what Reiki can do with some work sharon, i've had pretty good personal results, Smile. I used to do up to 10 hours per day Reiki stuff. Both expereince & study. Now i'm a demi-god i don't need to do that much, lmao.

My comments about QT were tailored for Kim's benefit no matter who i was posting to. Taking into account all the info she's provided.

Take care
    Wayne
    tinkeysmom

Why aren't my husband nor I feeling ANYTHING??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why aren't my husband nor I feeling ANYTHING???

Post by tinkeysmom Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Good news. Last night I was doing Reiki on my husband's legs. He's been having restless leg syndrome really bad the last few nights. Anyway, this time I could feel the tingling and heat on my hands. He said he felt warmth (which I guess was just the warmth of another person's hands on your body but to me it was really warm) and MAYBE a LITTLE bit of tingling. Now I don't know if he was just saying that or if he really did feel it. He thinks it's from his new blood pressure meds. And that now his body is better adjusting to it and that's why it's starting to go away. That and the fact that he slept in our recliner last night - so his heart was above the rest of this body.

So who knows....? But I definitely felt a lot on my hands. It almost got my eyes teary... In a good way. Just wanted to share! cheers
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Wayne, I see no contradiction between the "Reiki Flesh" piece and what I said. To me, the best thing I can do while giving Reiki is get out of the way! That means, no thought, no try, just be there and be the channel and notice what happens. I am a passive observer. Just be Reiki, as my master told me.

However, because I'm me and have a team with me, I often get other things going on. That's what I mean by the "notice what happens" - all my senses are heightened when I'm giving Reiki and I hear, see, feel, touch and smell things I don't usually. If I was thinking "I must do this with love and compassion otherwise it won't work" I wouldn't be in a position to properly help the client. It's my job to be there for them, not worry about whether I'm doing it right!

I'd also make the point that long-standing complaints will very, very rarely disappear with just one session of Reiki. My RA has been around for 20 years and has been passed down over the generations. It took 3 years of Reiki to get me to the position of being able to train to do massage - but I wasn't completely healed then, and I'm not now, there are still problems (especially with the recent winter weather) but I know how much better I am compared to 10 years ago, say. It might be fair to say that until I got better I didn't actually realise how ill I had been!
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:20 pm

tinkeysmom wrote:Good news. Last night I was doing Reiki on my husband's legs. He's been having restless leg syndrome really bad the last few nights. Anyway, this time I could feel the tingling and heat on my hands. He said he felt warmth (which I guess was just the warmth of another person's hands on your body but to me it was really warm) and MAYBE a LITTLE bit of tingling. Now I don't know if he was just saying that or if he really did feel it. He thinks it's from his new blood pressure meds. And that now his body is better adjusting to it and that's why it's starting to go away. That and the fact that he slept in our recliner last night - so his heart was above the rest of this body.

So who knows....? But I definitely felt a lot on my hands. It almost got my eyes teary... In a good way. Just wanted to share! cheers

This is real good news, Smile Is there any change in anything to do with you, or Reiki, that coincides with this?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Pandora wrote:Wayne, I see no contradiction between the "Reiki Flesh" piece and what I said.

James, and also Franks research were mentioned, as both supported exactly what i said. I'm not interested in invalidating anything you say, only in validating what i myself say, Smile.

Pandora wrote:
    If I was thinking "I must do this with love and compassion otherwise it won't work" I wouldn't be in a position to properly help the client.

For sure, this would be a reason if a person was worrying about that. We both know Reiki will have an effect if we're thinking about our shooping during a session for instance. However it's not exactly difficult to feel love & compassion, since the primary reason for treating another human being should be out of love & compassion, it's already there, we just gotta be aware of it, and do Reiki for the right reason. This isn't a hard thing to do Chris, it's a part of our nature i'd of thought.
    fshortt
    fshortt
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by fshortt Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Hello all, I have just read through the thread, and will post a proper comment with thoughts and ideas - and the research mentioned Smile - but atm i just want to hint that there might not be any contradiction in Pandora and Wayne´s stance... affraid
    On Chris [Tinkeysmom] issue I would like to suggest, before presenting the options of the research modalities, that when 'losing' the ability of Reiki, go back to basics...
    Meaning:
    To generate the Spirit/Reiki force, it is important to get yourself into the 'right' mode so to speak... As has been hinted at in the above posts, if your body is stressed, in pain etc, your mind worrying, thinking, etc, you will most likely notice your breathing patterns also have changed to the condition of you mental and physical state.
    So the physical and mental state can affect your reiki flow and your experience of the phenomenon.
    Now to get into a better state to do your practice, will usually help.

First step is to gain control of your breath - as you will find trying to relax your body and mind will be very difficult if the breath is not adjusted.
    Breath deep and calmly into your stomach - hara - now there are many different breathing practises, choose one that works for you, now no hyperventilating as that does not help, but rather slow and deep breaths. (easy example: count to 4 in 2 pause and 4 out)
    Now after a few minutes when the breath flows deeply, naturally and relaxed on its own without your conscious help, it is time to focus on the body.
    Step Two; relax your body, go through it bit by bit, give every part of your body inside and out loving care, and put your body into a relaxed state. Or you can tense the muscles for a count of 4 and relax them for a count of 4 until you can consciously let go of the tension in the body and feel calm and relaxed (or whatever relaxing method you find to work for yourself)
    Now that you have gained a positive state in body and breath/spirit it is time to deal with the 'monkey' mind...
    Step Three; will be a lot easier now that you have calmed and relaxed your breath and body.
    Let go of the thoughts, empty your mind, by not paying any attention to the thoughts that come and go - do not try to stop them as that will enforce them...(if you give attention to your thoughts it will lend the thoughts strength, so ignore them, let them pass on their own.) You may use meditation techniques - but not 'visualisations' (waterfall, landscape visualisations ect.) as they are more active imagination, and our goal is not to activate but to let go of our thoughts. But one point focus, candle light meditation ect will work as your attention is not on the thoughts but on the object observed mentally or physically and thus the thoughts will bit by bit loose their dominance.

Now that you have gotten yourself back on track, it will usually be much easier to get the reiki flow going, and pick up on the experiences and insights it may offer.

have to get the kids to school, but will write up more on the topics mentioned and the cancer study upon my return.
    Tinkeysmom: I hope there is something in this post that might help you in you....

f

Last edited by fshortt on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : put in a comma)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:12 pm