Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

2 posters

Origin of HSZSN

Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Origin of HSZSN Empty Origin of HSZSN

Post by Colin Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:11 am

Hi All

Here is an excellent article about the origins of HSZSN by Frans and Bronwen Steine.

A couple of years ago I sent them a scan of a picture I discovered in a book about Ninjas, which was a series of 3 charms, one of which contained a version of HSZSN but overlapped in a slightly different way to that used in Reiki. This charm was said to be for good luck.

However, it now seems that Frans and Bronwen have done some deeper research based on this and discovered the origin of this charm in a 17th century ninja book, Shoninki, and what it really means. Also, how it connects with the meaning of the symbol and phrase as used in Reiki!

Definitely worth a read even if you don't agree with the findings (Wayne! Very Happy )

http://www.reiki.net.au/news.asp?id=208
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Origin of HSZSN Empty Re: Origin of HSZSN

Post by Milarepa Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:33 pm

Colin wrote:

Definitely worth a read even if you don't agree with the findings (Wayne! Very Happy )

The way HSZSN works i won't disagree with, i've been saying that here for the last 11 months, Smile.

Although, (sigh), i'm guessing what's meant by the claim it's been said Usui sensei was 'gave' the symbols. I'll email them bout that later to clarify where it's coming from before i futher comment, Smile.

I havn't worked as far back as the 7th century hehe, i still got lots to fully realise with even the latter of the 19th century. there's little use, imo, to research the full possible origins of the symbols, without being able to properly/fully integrate what each revelation means. Finding out the academic stuff is lengthy in itself, but is the most easiest. The more diffuclt workcomes in fully ultilising what the information means, both mentally, and internally - spiritually.

Particularly when you've to relaise you're own questions, and then realise you're own answers, it's a bit slower, hehe. The stuff that originated from your very generous sharing of the info, was really interesting though! I'd not came across it before, so i'd like to thank you as much as them over this!

It's brilliant the symbols are being highlighted no matter what. The Steines' are hinting at a realization in HSZSN that initially comes from study, then integration mentally & spiritualy, that can bring the symbols to a more esoteric level than mainstream appreciate. They're immensely more influential than minuscule folks like myself, so i hope folks will actually listen and investigate all of their article. One word of caution that isn't directed at anyone, is that jumping from the 19th/20th century to the 7th is leaving out a lot of stuff in between. If their research is accurate, fair enough, but from a researchers persepctive, whom also needs to fully integrate each piece of meaning (spiritually) before they know they're ready to move further, there may be a lot getting missed out, if this MO was used in all things, Smile.

Take care
    Wayne

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 am