Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Use of SHK and HSZSN in performing level one initiations...??

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Use of SHK and HSZSN in performing level one initiations...?? Empty Use of SHK and HSZSN in performing level one initiations...??

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:39 pm

hi friends!

after i had my level one initiations, i was very excited to find out that i was able to connect remotely and to do healing on distance... and this thing was perhaps not so visible from level one literature since it is often shown that SHK and HSZSN are not 'made active' for level one attunees even if used for some reason in level one attunement process...

quite possibly, the ability to connect remotely might have other reasons and phenomenon too, but quite equally possible since HSZSN was 'latently' put into my aura by my level one teacher..

i want to ask here what is the 'standard' procedure of level one ?

to the extent i have learnt so far, i believe that it is common for masters to embed SHK and HSZSN into head chakra and heart chakra during level one attunements, even that they have no intention of making these symbols 'active' in the palms of the attunee...

does daikomio awards this ability to masters to be 'selective' in deciding that upto how much extent SHK and HSZSN will be opertive, if introduced, in level one attunee and equally where they would be restricted in their operation....

(for reference, i can remember some discussion with Wayne around a year back, where he had the expression that when some master uses SHK and HSZSN during level one, it invariably 'empowers' the student to take advantage of these symbols, even when this was not a prima facie intention of the master for level one! )

take care

salman
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Use of SHK and HSZSN in performing level one initiations...?? Empty Re: Use of SHK and HSZSN in performing level one initiations...??

Post by Rlei_ki Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:02 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    i want to ask here what is the 'standard' procedure of level one ?
    Hi Salman,

well, IME the 'standard' nowadays (insofar as there is one) would seem to be "throw all four symbols at the student (I nearly said 'victim' Laughing ) at each and every level - and use them at as many 'initiation-points' as you can possibly think up"
    Suspect

However, this is not the way it used to be...
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Use of SHK and HSZSN in performing level one initiations...?? Empty "throwing" of symbols :) onto student!

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:53 pm

hi James Smile

thanks for the reply sir..

today's practice is leading the masters to 'throw' all the four symbols within Usui Shiki Royo to the level one student even, although he is not taught (or conferred ability)to use them unless he reaches level two... then what point does it serve to adopt this practice? and moreso, why this practice has evolved over the years ?

comparing it with the old view that symbols were 'sacred' as well as 'secret' to not to be shown to anyone before level two, where does this all fit in ? dont we, as masters, show a bit 'disrespect' to symbols by throwing them to level one student, when he is not yet 'previliged' to use them ? this is just a feeling James, i dont know if i m trying to criticise the practice, or just making nose-correction to my beliefs!

a sidenote : by having experience of over 30 years in multiple modalities, arts, technqiues, do you feel James that it is the time for the modern day practice to revive to the old practice of giving reiju empowerments to students for some time before giving them the first ever denju initiation for level one ?

dont we, as teachers, have a responsibiltiy to build a culture in the students for the spiritual epic they wd be afterwards needing when they wd be initiated for level one? simply put, dont a student need to be 'prepared' before getting an initiation for level one...

this stems out of general observation that people sometimes (especially newbies) go for the tag that they are reiki one, rather having any idea what supreme gift they have received while being attuned to reiki one...

and on the same parallel, dont we need to restrict ourselves from putting all the four symbols to the student in level one, when he is just getting ready for chokuray barely?

take care

your valued guidance is a great inspiration Smile

salman
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki

Use of SHK and HSZSN in performing level one initiations...?? Empty Re: Use of SHK and HSZSN in performing level one initiations...??

Post by Rlei_ki Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:06 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    today's practice is leading the masters to 'throw' all the four symbols within Usui Shiki Royo to the level one student ...... what point does it serve to adopt this practice? and moreso, why this practice has evolved over the years ?

IMO this is possibly something born out of varying degrees of insecurity on the part of different 'masters' concerning their own ability to initiate effectively.
    Some, it seems believe that the more they do - the more symbols they use, more points they initiate, more additional practices they add to the basic procedure - the more likelihood of it being effective ...

Rolling Eyes

comparing it with the old view that symbols were 'sacred' as well as 'secret' to not to be shown to anyone before level two, where does this all fit in ? dont we, as masters, show a bit 'disrespect' to symbols by throwing them to level one student, when he is not yet 'previliged' to use them ? this is just a feeling James, i dont know if i m trying to criticise the practice, or just making nose-correction to my beliefs!

Well, to be fair, most of the teachers who use all 4 symbols in the level 1 initiation procedure do not actually show the symbols to the student at that level.

a sidenote : by having experience of over 30 years in multiple modalities, arts, technqiues, do you feel James that it is the time for the modern day practice to revive to the old practice of giving reiju empowerments to students for some time before giving them the first ever denju initiation for level one ?

Firstly there are several issues around the whole subject of reiju - not least of which being that the numerous different versions of Reiju in currently in circulation are almost all based on one created by Hiroshi Doi, and may well bear no direct connection to the practice said to have been used by Usui-sensei.

Then there is the matter of whether or not reiju was ever used in the way you suggest - i.e. in combination with the more structured, 3-level based initiation protocol.

simply put, dont a student need to be 'prepared' before getting an initiation for level one...

Absolutely.

I would certainly say that there is much to be gained (on the student's part) from teachers requiring their would-be students to undergo an intensive course of Reiki treatments before they are offered initiation for level one.

this stems out of general observation that people sometimes (especially newbies) go for the tag that they are reiki one, rather having any idea what supreme gift they have received while being attuned to reiki one...

Hmm, and of course, later in their training, there is a similar situation concerning the 'tag' that they are Reiki 'masters' ... silent

and on the same parallel, dont we need to restrict ourselves from putting all the four symbols to the student in level one...

Many of us always have.

Smile

wildcarde
    wildcarde

Post by wildcarde Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:57 am

My RMT onlu gave us CKR, and is withholding the rest of the symbols until the level 2 attunement. To be honest, I'm cool with that. CKR alone is pretty powerful, in my limited experience so far, and having all 4 symbols at the start might have overwhelmed me a bit. I considered that she might be stringing it out for $$ but she doesn't seem the type, plus she charges via "donation" instead of a set price. whatever you can afford. At this point, development-wise, I've treated two people, I'm self-treating regularly, and just reading up on reiki generally. what else should I be doing? I take my level 2 at the end of july.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:38 pm

wildcarde wrote:My RMT onlu gave us CKR, and is withholding the rest of the symbols until the level 2 attunement. To be honest, I'm cool with that. CKR alone is pretty powerful, in my limited experience so far, and having all 4 symbols at the start might have overwhelmed me a bit. I considered that she might be stringing it out for $$ but she doesn't seem the type, plus she charges via "donation" instead of a set price. whatever you can afford. At this point, development-wise, I've treated two people, I'm self-treating regularly, and just reading up on reiki generally. what else should I be doing? I take my level 2 at the end of july.

Practice, Practice, Practice,
    on yourself, others, pets,
    plants, Reiki your food and
    work on the 5 precepts. sunny
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:12 pm

hi wildcarde Smile

Given you CKR ? Means she told you how to draw CKR (and given u empowerment of CKR too) while withholding SHK and HSZSN?

IMO, within Usui Shiki Ryoho, we are taught to 'give' CKR, SHK and HSZSN all at the same time, i.e., at Level II and not before. She might be having reasons for adopting this 'variant', but take care that when u go for Level II this July, ask her redo CKR alongwith SHK and HSZSN Smile

I m not sure if RMTs are allowed to empower CKR with exclusion of other two symbols scratch

However, please note that if u are not given the 'ability' to use a symbol, it does not necessarily mean that such symbol is 'absent' while u give your level one reiki treatments.... You can conclude safely that she might have used other symbols but deferred the 'ability' of your using them till u go for level II this July.

Behold that during initial days, letting us experience reiki more and more, is far more important than to understand the 'whats' and 'whys' of it Smile

Best regards

Salman

wildcarde
    wildcarde

Post by wildcarde Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:57 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:hi wildcarde Smile

Given you CKR ? Means she told you how to draw CKR (and given u empowerment of CKR too) while withholding SHK and HSZSN?

Yes, that's what she did.

IMO, within Usui Shiki Ryoho, we are taught to 'give' CKR, SHK and HSZSN all at the same time, i.e., at Level II and not before. She might be having reasons for adopting this 'variant', but take care that when u go for Level II this July, ask her redo CKR alongwith SHK and HSZSN Smile

Will do.

I m not sure if RMTs are allowed to empower CKR with exclusion of other two symbols scratch

However, please note that if u are not given the 'ability' to use a symbol, it does not necessarily mean that such symbol is 'absent' while u give your level one reiki treatments.... You can conclude safely that she might have used other symbols but deferred the 'ability' of your using them till u go for level II this July.

Behold that during initial days, letting us experience reiki more and more, is far more important than to understand the 'whats' and 'whys' of it Smile

Best regards

Salman

Thanks..I agree, I don't want to intellectualize it too much or pick it apart too much, but I, of course, seek a full understanding. I guess, at this point, I'd better focus on "feeling the force" more than "understanding the force"..lol..I can't help it, the jedi similarities just can't be ignored Cool

wildcarde
    wildcarde

Post by wildcarde Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 am

chi_solas wrote:
    wildcarde wrote:My RMT onlu gave us CKR, and is withholding the rest of the symbols until the level 2 attunement. To be honest, I'm cool with that. CKR alone is pretty powerful, in my limited experience so far, and having all 4 symbols at the start might have overwhelmed me a bit. I considered that she might be stringing it out for $$ but she doesn't seem the type, plus she charges via "donation" instead of a set price. whatever you can afford. At this point, development-wise, I've treated two people, I'm self-treating regularly, and just reading up on reiki generally. what else should I be doing? I take my level 2 at the end of july.

question: "how do you get to carnegie hall?"

Answer: "practice!" Very Happy I agree, as a matter of fact I'm reiki-ing my starbucks coffee right now..
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:01 am

wildcarde wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:

question: "how do you get to carnegie hall?"

Answer: "practice!" Very Happy I agree, as a matter of fact I'm reiki-ing my starbucks coffee right now..

there's no business like show business Razz
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:39 am

wildcarde, keep us posted
    on how your Reiki 2 goes
    its getting close to the
    end of July. sunny
    wildcarde
    wildcarde

Post by wildcarde Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:44 am

the reiki 2 class won't be happening until 1st week of september now, so a little longer. all good. did a session with someone new last night, I was able to identify the problem areas correctly; guy had a problem with a sore right calf, also some acid reflux, couldn't walk without pain, and he said pain went away soon as session was done Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:39 pm

wildcarde wrote:the reiki 2 class won't be happening until 1st week of september now, so a little longer. all good. did a session with someone new last night, I was able to identify the problem areas correctly; guy had a problem with a sore right calf, also some acid reflux, couldn't walk without pain, and he said pain went away soon as session was done Smile

Those are the antedotal
    perks that makes Reiki
    believable sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:35 am