Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

Person receiving Reiki

Reiki'Light
    Reiki'Light

Person receiving Reiki Empty Person receiving Reiki

Post by Reiki'Light Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:35 am

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask a question that somebody ask me and I did not know what to answer for sure.

The question is:

When people send to a person Reiki, could the person have Healing crisis ?

Thanks to all for giving your opinion.

Love and light

Reiki’Light
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Person receiving Reiki Empty Re: Person receiving Reiki

Post by Colin Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:04 am

Hi Reiki'Light

Since the origin of so-called healing crises (or healing reactions as I prefer to call them) is usually a result of a person's own healing mechanisms working on removing toxins (physical, and non-physical) from the body, it is quite possible for people receiving an absent Reiki session to experience such things. The effect of the Reiki in both cases, in-person or absent, would be the same - to aid the body in removing toxins and returning to a state of balance.

Very Happy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:09 am

second what Colin says. Takata sensei taught that is symptoms got worse with treatments it was to be welcomed, as sometimes in healing things get a bit worse as healing is starting to happen.

also, she taught that with absent healing, treat no more than 3 folks at a time, for no longer than 20 mins each. As absent treatment is more concentrated. IMO, this is cause what HSZSN does. So there's a possibility for more healing reaction with absent treatment maybe (?)

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    Reiki'Light
    Reiki'Light

Post by Reiki'Light Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:17 am

Thank you for your answer colin

Yes, with a full distant session with all the hand position done distantly. I believe so too.

But what I mean is when a person is receive "simple" Reiki energy from a person or people for instance: from a forum, friends, etc...

What do you think of that ?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:20 am

Can you explain exactly what you mean by "simple" Reiki energy?

Reiki is Reiki isn't it? Very Happy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:25 am

What you're talking bout is being explored a bit here...

http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/questions-answers-f8/is-it-my-reiki-t711.htm

Just cause a person feel sensations doesn't mean anyone else or everyone else is recieving a Reiki treatment, Smile.
    Reiki'Light
    Reiki'Light

Post by Reiki'Light Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:27 am

yes, it is. I mean without hand position. Like when people say "Reiki on way" or send it via their Reiki Box, etc...
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:40 am

Reiki being a spiritual path and a spiritual expereince, and HSZSN being mindfullness, the most optimum way is to focus as much as possible in all acts of a treatment.

Saying 'Reiki on way' and assuming a person is getting a proper treatment is silly, imo. The actual act/process needs to be done as well. I was told in email today 'reiki si on it's way' i took that to mean they were letting me know they're gonna do it. If that was the case we wouldn't need hands-on at all. It's more like Mcdonalds fast food Reiki. Same as Reiki boxes. a person should give there full attention to a recipient, it's the least the recipient is entitled to.

Last edited by Milarepa on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Reiki'Light
    Reiki'Light

Post by Reiki'Light Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:45 am

I absolutely agree with you.
    So, in this case, it's not strong enough to give healing crisis?
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:49 am

My own personal experience is when the practitioner is mindful of what they're doing it's optimal treatment. I honeslty dunno if treatment is even occuring in half these other ways, maybe a more sure case for placebo there than anything. course placebo heals itself so no big deal there. Placebo is used by western medicine, so if healing took place with placebo with a silly 'techniue' it's gonna be put down to the 'technique' being valid. Which isn't the case neccessarily.

so there may be healing reaction, if it's placebo. Smile.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:40 am

Reiki'Light wrote:I absolutely agree with you.
    So, in this case, it's not strong enough to give healing crisis?

I don't think strength, or power for that matter, has much to do with whether a healing reaction will occur - it is more to do with whether a Reiki effect occurs in the reciver or not.

How the Reiki effect occurs could be by a Reiki practitioner mindfully "connecting" with the receiver and carrying out a Reiki session in whichever way they have been taught, or possibly, as Wayne has hinted at, if the receiver has been told that "Reiki is on the way" that could in theory be enough for the receiver to achieve an appropriate state of mind to experience a healing experience, which could produce a healing reaction.

This may, or may not be due to Reiki, however, because, as we know there are many ways to give absent healing, which don't involve Reiki symbols. So if the appropriate conditions exist in the receiver, i.e. a willingness to heal and accept any healing energy, a healing effect could be produced, which could be interpreted as a placebo, even if no particular "procedure" or "system" has been followed.

Very Happy
    Reiki'Light
    Reiki'Light

Post by Reiki'Light Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:08 am

Thank you Wayne and colin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:06 am