Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
rzukic
Colin
Lambs-Wool
7 posters

How you were taught to use SHK for emotional healing ?

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

How you were taught to use SHK for emotional healing ? Empty How you were taught to use SHK for emotional healing ?

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:37 pm

hi friends Smile

Takata Sensei has been reported to say that with SHK we talk to the sub-conscious !

i wanted to know the prevailing practices among folks here, that how do they use SHK when they intend to use it for emotional healing of others, addiction /bad habits control, anger therapy, etc. ?

examples :

do they embed SKH to base of skull, viewed by some as seat of sub-concsious ?

do they talk silently to the sub-sconsious of the patient giving commands or suggestion like in hypno work ?

do they 'intent' on part of the patient to refrain from that behaviour in future ?

or what else ?

interested in finding a course of action that has greater efficiency

cheers

Smile

salman
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

How you were taught to use SHK for emotional healing ? Empty Re: How you were taught to use SHK for emotional healing ?

Post by Colin Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:18 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:hi friends Smile

Takata Sensei has been reported to say that with SHK we talk to the sub-conscious !

i wanted to know the prevailing practices among folks here, that how do they use SHK when they intend to use it for emotional healing of others, addiction /bad habits control, anger therapy, etc. ?

examples :

do they embed SKH to base of skull, viewed by some as seat of sub-concsious ?

do they talk silently to the sub-sconsious of the patient giving commands or suggestion like in hypno work ?

do they 'intent' on part of the patient to refrain from that behaviour in future ?

or what else ?

interested in finding a course of action that has greater efficiency

cheers

Smile

salman

Hi Salman

This is what Takata actually taught about SHK (notes from an audio tape of her teaching):

Concerning SHK:

SHK is used for the treatment of habits.

"When you make the Sei Hei Ki you are talking to the subconscious mind"

SHK on the centre of the head, then CKR, then you must talk to the person; this can be out loud or just mentally.

You must make positive suggestion concerning the habit they wish to change or the condition they wish to alter. This might be to give up alcohol, or to quit smoking. If the latter, you might suggest that they find the cigarettes smell awful: that their food will taste better when they give up smoking, etc, etc.

Your statements should help to inspire and convince them to change or get better.

[Outside of the habit treatment session] if the client makes any reference to issues they are seeking to resolve (if they even, for example, mention how the alcohol doesn't seem to taste so good, etc) , you should take such opportunities to reinforce the suggestions and be supportive of their desire to improve their situation.

This technique can also be used for conditions such as schizophrenia.

Habit treatment should be given for fifteen minutes each day until the person is well.

The person must have a desire to change [be it to give up smoking, or whatever]

Takata-sensei states that the person will begin to notice a change by about the third day or so:

Source: http://www.aetw.org/reiki_takata_course2.htm
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

How you were taught to use SHK for emotional healing ? Empty Re: How you were taught to use SHK for emotional healing ?

Post by rzukic Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:15 am

I assume that Ms. Takata by “center of the head” means the crowne chakra. I wish it is little bit more detailed.

I was thought slightly different way of doing mental treatment. First CKR at the base of the skull (medulla oblongata) than SHK and one hand at medulla oblongata and one at forehead.

However, also the variation of the same techniqueee was offered with only difference that one hand was placed at the crowne chakra and one at the medulla oblongata

In both ways the affirmation (chosen by recipient) would be mentally repeated and we were told that it should be done each day for 6 days and in addition to this 2 times in the following week.

Regards,

Resko

Discover How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:18 am

rzukic wrote:I assume that Ms. Takata by “center of the head” means the crowne chakra. I wish it is little bit more detailed.

Hi Resko,
    Hayashi sensei, and Takata sensei never taught anything bout chakras, so her words wouldn't have meant that. She was interested in the endocrine system, so 'centre of head' would more likely mean Pineal gland, Smile.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:29 am

Thank You for clarifying that Wayne!

Regards,

Resko
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:37 am

Yeah, the crown chakra & pineal gland are linked anyhow, Smile.
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:10 pm

Yeah, I did understand the joke but forgot to put smiley face in previous post. It is though interesting that a lot of teachers (at least in Germany) were teaching method I explained before. This can be found in the book Das Herz Des Reiki by Wolfgang Distel and Wolfgang Wellmann (The Heart of the Reiki) by the way this was my first book I read about Reiki few month before I got my first attunement.

Also I find it very interesting that while explaining this technique it was pointed less to the fact that SHK itself connects to the subconscious mind but rather it was emphasized that by doing reiki at back of the head it would stimulate brain to produce alpha waves and therefore the recipient would come into the alphafa state where he/she would be more open for suggestions/affirmations

On the other hand they might have chosen to do so because I understood more brainwave than SHK Very Happy

Regards,

Resko

Discover How Learning Reiki Can Change Your Life.
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Colin, Resko and Wayne... thanks for the share Smile

Wayne : if Takata said 'center of the head' did she mean 'deep inside' the center of the head, so as to make the statement more justified that she actually was referring pineal gland ?

dont it seem more potent if we intend just 'center of the head' so that all the functionaries within the skull, not only pineal body, but hypothalamus, left right, medulla, etc. are also included ?

Resko :

Resko wrote:
    Also I find it very interesting that while explaining this technique it was pointed less to the fact that SHK itself connects to the subconscious mind but rather it was emphasized that by doing reiki at back of the head it would stimulate brain to produce alpha waves and therefore the recipient would come into the alphafa state where he/she would be more open for suggestions/affirmations

i was under impression that alpha waves are usually produced only in very deep state of relaxation (like hypnotic trance) or deep meditative spell.... technically speaking, alpha waves are produced when brain activity is 'calmed' to a very low level, and the state that arises is probably close to being in trance or being asleep... if someone is in such deep mental state, would he recognize any external command by the practitioner, unless of course, the practioner had already programmed his (client's) mind to accept such commands ?

(ah, i m jst recalling from my memory what i had read years back about alpha, gamma and theta waves, please correct if my memory has failed me today Smile )

Colin :

thanks for the exact article sir Smile

i might come back on the issue after i test the above techniques with some buddies !

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:45 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:Colin, Resko and Wayne... thanks for the share Smile

Wayne : if Takata said 'center of the head' did she mean 'deep inside' the center of the head, so as to make the statement more justified that she actually was referring pineal gland ?

It's a mental/emotional treatment, so inside the head is what the focus is on, but it's wrote on the centre of the head.

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    dont it seem more potent if we intend just 'center of the head' so that all the functionaries within the skull, not only pineal body, but hypothalamus, left right, medulla, etc. are also included ?

It'll depend on your focus, or your knowledge/training. You're right though, to treat the whole centre of head could include the above. The hyptothalamus is directly connected to the stem of the pineal, and the hypothalamus is related to intellectual things, as well as stresses & mood.

an example is myself, wich might interest you in your future endeavors, Smile. treating my own addictive cravings, i found focussing on the hyptothalamus veery, very good. It keeps down the withdrawal crap feeling, cause that crap feeling inevitably makes you want more drugs. The hypothalamus also is responsible for dopamine release. Dopamine is inextricably related to cocaine addiction.

So yeah, it'll depend on factors as to what you use the SHK treatment for. Without focusing specifically, will give a general treatment, but knowing why you need to do the treatment, will let you know where you need to treat.

When you focus on something precise, it's better effect. Like if i broke my finger but treated my whole hand, best to focus on the finger. This doesn't mean that we only treat a symptom, and it's where byosen or Reiji ho come in.

warmest wishes
    Wayne
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:21 am

Hi Salman

I certainly can not claim to be an expert in the field. Though it would depend how one defines very deep state of relaxation. For my taste Alpha is not very deep state since it is from 8-12 Hz. Brain starts producing alpha waves even when we close and roll back our eyes.

Beta 12-38 Hz
    Alpha 8-12 Hz
    Theta 3-8
    Delta 0.2-3 Hz

Now-days they even offering some nice software that can lead us in desired state. One of such is NP2 and they have very good info on scientific research as well. Here is the link NP-2

Regards,

Resko
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:24 am

oh, my memory failed me bro Smile thanks for the share and help...

as i mistook the things in 'this for that' fashion, i need to revise my post soon...

Cheers Smile

salman
    fshortt
    fshortt
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by fshortt Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:21 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    i was under impression that alpha waves are usually produced only in very deep state of relaxation (like hypnotic trance) or deep meditative spell.... technically speaking, alpha waves are produced when brain activity is 'calmed' to a very low level, and the state that arises is probably close to being in trance or being asleep... if someone is in such deep mental state, would he recognize any external command by the practitioner, unless of course, the practioner had already programmed his (client's) mind to accept such commands ?

(ah, i m jst recalling from my memory what i had read years back about alpha, gamma and theta waves, please correct if my memory has failed me today Smile )

take care

salman
    Hia Salman,
    as Rzukic says in his reply. Just thought i would add, that all the brain waves are present at all times, it is just which one has greater amplitude.
    Waking consciousness is Beta,
    Alpha - like Rzukic said. Relax and pre-sleep, also at start of meditating (depending on how experienced with meditation one is - as meditation leads to theta, and i guess eventually delta dominant brain waves)
    dreaming happens in theta
    deep-dreamless sleep is delta which is sleep-walking and talking time, also the most different from our conscious beta mode.
    Don't get me wrong, this is just a superficial guideline for the states, it gets quite complicated. (and also speaking from memory - been a few years since i actively studied this.
    Anyway, the predominant brainwaves that are present during waking state is Beta and Alpha, having Theta and Delta working in the background so to speak.
    Now which one of Beta or Alpha is predominant depending on your mode or mood i guess. For example, If you are relaxed and at ease, without [b]worry[b] you are most likely enjoying more Alpha-brainwave activity. While focusing and applying yourself in some task, in extreme "fight-or-flight" or physical activity, you are more likely to be exhibiting Beta-brainwaves.
    Beta is looked upon as the conscious aspect so to speak, as it quiets down we go to sleep and Alpha then Theta and finally Delta take over.
    REM (dreaming) all "classes" of brainwave activity kick in. Smile
    oh and Alpha-states are associated with healing, and it is where our brainwaves are more "synchronous"

rzukic wrote:Hi Salman

I certainly can not claim to be an expert in the field. Though it would depend how one defines very deep state of relaxation. For my taste Alpha is not very deep state since it is from 8-12 Hz. Brain starts producing alpha waves even when we close and roll back our eyes.

Beta 12-38 Hz
    Alpha 8-12 Hz
    Theta 3-8
    Delta 0.2-3 Hz

Now-days they even offering some nice software that can lead us in desired state. One of such is NP2 and they have very good info on scientific research as well. Here is the link NP-2

Regards,

Resko

thanks for the link. Smile
    here is a quick summary i found for anyone interested but don't know much.

http://web.mst.edu/~psyworld/sleep_stages.htm

f

Last edited by fshortt on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just for fun :))
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:17 pm

[quote="fshortt"]
    Lambs-Wool wrote:

thanks for the link. Smile
    here is a quick summary i found for anyone interested but don't know much.

http://web.mst.edu/~psyworld/sleep_stages.htm

f

interesting links its always
    good to know what's going on
    when Sleep
    vijaybali
    vijaybali

Post by vijaybali Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:12 pm

hai fshort,

excillent way..

Once thing which i merged in that all this level ( Beta 12-38 Hz, Alpha 8-12 Hz
    Theta 3-8, Delta 0.2-3 Hz also find at the time healing only difference meditation for own self and reiki for other person and it make healing for deeply and effectively.....

take care
    vijay

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:51 pm