Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

3 posters

how reiki incorporates energy quanta ?

Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

how reiki incorporates energy quanta ? Empty how reiki incorporates energy quanta ?

Post by Lambs-Wool Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:52 am

in thread "science behind reiki", Wayne has posted a link to scientific explanation of reiki

source: http://www.reikiteaching.co.uk/page10.html

while this explanation goes to fit best into the energy module that is often studied within nature of reiki, it certainly has to be blended with the other equally important aspect viz : spriritual flavour of reiki...

lets see what the article says, and if we can dig it to find any clue of spiritual effects of reiki..

What Happens in a Treatment?
    Independent research by Dr. Robert Becker and Dr. John Zimmerman during the 1980's investigated what happens whilst people practice therapies like Reiki. They found that not only do the brain wave patterns of practitioner and receiver become synchronised in the alpha state, characteristic of deep relaxation and meditation, but they pulse in unison with the earth's magnetic field, known as the Schuman Resonance.

firstly, it is a discussion where the research goes about 'energy therapies' as a genus, and not as a species... words 'therapies like reiki' are important to take note of...

is that likelihood or a certainty that brain waves of practitioner and receiver are synchronized ? reiki, as we know, is effective even when practitioner is casually attentive and infact is in beta zone (wide awake) of mind waves (thanks Resko for info and link)... while deep relaxation might enhance the healing potential, this is not a necessity for reiki to work...

so reiki would work even when the practitioner is in beta zone, and receiver has drifted into alpha zone... this needs to be explained...

During these moments, the biomagnetic field of the practitioners' hands is at least 1000 times greater than normal, and not as a result of internal body current. Toni Bunnell (1997) suggests that the linking of energy fields between practitioner and earth allows the practitioner to dr.aw on the 'infinite energy source' or 'universal energy field' via the Schuman Resonance.

this quote is particularly noteworthy.... if the practioner becomes align with earth resonance (for sake of a simpler term), why there is an exclusive mention of hands ? doesn't his whole body becomes align likewise ? and if so, what effects are drawn on mind working that is housed in that body also, which has been aligned to earth's resonance ?

and why i m so itchy on this quote by the way Smile ? since this probably prompts me to think about an entraining phenomenon happening while giving reiki treatments... while this happens often, this is not reiki working on its domain, it is the corresponding natural healer hiding within us who seems to explaor the natural healing phenomenon... my views aside, i want to ask senior people here that do you see entrainment as a prerequisite in a reiki session ? or to put the question more precisely 'does reiki work without entrainment too' ??

Prof. Paul Davies and Dr. John Gribben in The Matter Myth (1991), discuss the quantum physics view of a 'living universe' in which everything is connected in a 'living web of interdependence'. All of this supports the subjective experience of 'oneness' and 'expanded consciousness' related by those who regularly receive or self-treat with Reiki.

that may be a truth, or a may only be a smart hypothesizing... unless we have the whole paper handy, it is hard to say anything about it...

Zimmerman (1990) in the USA and Seto (1992) in Japan further investigated the large pulsating biomagnetic field that is emitted from the hands of energy practitioners whilst they work. They discovered that the pulses are in the same frequencies as brain waves, and sweep up and down from 0.3 - 30 Hz, focusing mostly in 7 - 8 Hz, alpha state.

same frequency of mind waves and waves of hands busy in a session ? that raises some questions for my mind Question

Independent medical research has shown that this range of frequencies will stimulate healing in the body, with specific frequencies being suitable for different tissues. For example, 2 Hz encourages nerve regeneration, 7Hz bone growth, 10Hz ligament mending, and 15 Hz capillary formation. Physiotherapy equipment based on these principles has been designed to aid soft tissue regeneration, and ultra sound technology is commonly used to clear clogged arteries and disintegrate kidney stones. Also, it has been known for many years that placing an electrical coil around a fracture that refuses to mend will stimulate bone growth and repair.

i was wondering if we can use reiki on the principles of extra corporeal shockwave lithotripsy to break kidney stones ?

Becker explains that 'brain waves' are not confined to the brain but travel throughout the body via the perineural system, the sheaths of connective tissue surrounding all nerves.

that would be a big thing to say about... the sheath of connective tissue surrounding all nervers works by Na+ and k- ions interchanging, and if brain waves can travel through that sheath, how the normal functioning will not be disturbed ?

During treatment, these waves begin as relatively weak pulses in the thalamus of the practitioner's brain, and gather cumulative strength as they flow to the peripheral nerves of the body including the hands.

somewhat along movement of chi in the meridians, extermitting to the end points in hands and other parts ?

The same effect is mirrored in the person receiving treatment, and Becker suggests that it is this system more than any other, that regulates injury repair and system rebalance.

if we accept this mechanism as explanation of working of reiki for healing of others, what is the difference left between reiki and QT ??

this is entrainment as explained by QT, and again to my earlier question, does entrainment occur in reiki treatments too ??

It is interesting to note that Dr. Becker carried out his study on world-wide array of cross-cultural subjects, and no matter what their belief systems or customs, or how opposed to each other their customs were, all tested the same. Part of Reiki's growing popularity is that it does not impose a set of beliefs, and can therefore be used by people of any background and faith, or none at all. This neutrality makes it particularly appropriate to a medical or prison setting.

what if i believe that in my body artries carry blood to heart, and veins carry blood away from heart ? will that believing reverse the functioning of artries and veins within my body ??

that reiki works on all irrespective of belief system is not since it has not an inherent belief of its own, rather it is due to the fact (perhaps) that divinity and spirituality works within us as it is hardwired... our beleiving or non-beliving does not reverse its working....

reiki corresponds to things within us, and our belief system does not have to do anything with it, but this does not mean that reiki has no 'belief-system' Exclamation

THE SECOND EPISODE

==================

this was from a truly scientific point of view... now would we see to the other side too ?

firstly the word reiki is it simply 'rei' + 'ki' (energy of spirit) or 'reiXki' (spirit in action, without any note of 'energy')

source james site /reiki_def.html (footnotes section) James points out the possibility that while Takata said :

reiki is "a universal force from the Great Divine Spirit" and '... a cosmic energy...' , many of her students took this to mean that Reiki - as an 'energy' - was something outside of ourselves: something 'out there' - beyond us. Something we 'channeled', rather than something arising within us. And this is the understanding these students passed on to their own students".

the question before me is that is reiki an energy itself, or something that exudes energy 'when in action' ?? reference further to same page of James site :

However, this idea of Reiki as being something external is perhaps only part of the truth...

In a diary entry dated Dec. 10 1935, Takata-sensei wrote about Reiki being:

"...Energy within oneself " - and also about how we must "...meditate to let the "Energy" come out from within."

Concerning the "Energy" she said: "It lies in the bottom of your stomach about 2 in. below the navel."

if all is taken in deep analysis, we can hypothesize a possiblity that perhaps reiki triggers things within us that has nexus with energies.. that said, this hypothesis will fail to address that what happens when we give reiki session to others...

of course our energy (even triggered by reiki) does not goes on to heal them, it is the energy of their own (perhaps).... so does it mean that giving reiki to others is to give them a temporary connection to reiki (if not already attuned) so that they access reiki, and reiki enables them to do their healing themselves ?

if all is true, how the hell reiki incorporates energy quanta Smile ??????

how reiki incorporates energy quanta ? 78411

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

how reiki incorporates energy quanta ? Empty Re: how reiki incorporates energy quanta ?

Post by Milarepa Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Just a quick note buddy. seperating the wird 'Reiki' doesn't give an accurate description of what the word means, or does. It's a complete word, that describes an event.
    Bruce

how reiki incorporates energy quanta ? Empty Re: how reiki incorporates energy quanta ?

Post by Bruce Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:14 am

Milarepa wrote:Just a quick note buddy. seperating the wird 'Reiki' doesn't give an accurate description of what the word means, or does. It's a complete word, that describes an event.

Wayne, next you'll be telling us that tenki means weather, rather than heavenly energy. Egads.

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:31 am

Laughing .
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:14 am

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    is that likelihood or a certainty that brain waves of practitioner and receiver are synchronized ? reiki, as we know, is effective even when practitioner is casually attentive and infact is in beta zone (wide awake) of mind waves (thanks Resko for info and link)... while deep relaxation might enhance the healing potential, this is not a necessity for reiki to work...

so reiki would work even when the practitioner is in beta zone, and receiver has drifted into alpha zone... this needs to be explained...

Salman, could you repost the link from Resko? It's apparently from another thread somewhere?

During these moments, the biomagnetic field of the practitioners' hands is at least 1000 times greater than normal, and not as a result of internal body current. Toni Bunnell (1997) suggests that the linking of energy fields between practitioner and earth allows the practitioner to dr.aw on the 'infinite energy source' or 'universal energy field' via the Schuman Resonance.

this quote is particularly noteworthy.... if the practioner becomes align with earth resonance (for sake of a simpler term), why there is an exclusive mention of hands ?

I'm guessing it's because that's what the researchers decided to measure. And it makes sense for them to do that, because most energy healers conduct the healing energy out primarily through their hands. But it doesn't have to be the hands; it could also, e.g., be the feet. (If you draw in energy while having the soles of your feet touching each other, do you notice your feet heating up just like the palms of your hands do when they're held in gassho?)

Other body parts of the healer are more difficult to position easily for treatment. Also, many of the other body parts don't have main intake/outflow points like the hands (laogong points) and feet (yongquan points) do.

my views aside, i want to ask senior people here that do you see entrainment as a prerequisite in a reiki session ? or to put the question more precisely 'does reiki work without entrainment too' ??

I'm not senior here, but I'll venture an answer anyway. For a localized condition, energy healing (genus level) can work without entrainment if it's directed on a very specific process -- e.g., when some qigong healers have focused on killing cancer cells in petri dishes. For systemic conditions, entrainment is more effective because that's the way to get the energy working on the recipient's entire system at the same time. (For this discussion, I include tissue repair in the "systemic" category because it's the recipient's body system that does the repair.) The presence or absence of entrainment might also go toward explaining the difference between short-term pain relief and longer-term or permanent pain relief.

Prof. Paul Davies and Dr. John Gribben in The Matter Myth (1991), discuss the quantum physics view of a 'living universe' in which everything is connected in a 'living web of interdependence'. All of this supports the subjective experience of 'oneness' and 'expanded consciousness' related by those who regularly receive or self-treat with Reiki.

that may be a truth, or a may only be a smart hypothesizing... unless we have the whole paper handy, it is hard to say anything about it...

And also, there's the issue of how far quantum effects can be directly extrapolated to macrocosmic scale. On a macrocosmic level, most quantum effects cancel each other out, which is why Newtonian physics works well for most everyday sorts of predictions.

i was wondering if we can use reiki on the principles of extra corporeal shockwave lithotripsy to break kidney stones ?

It's an interesting question. I don't have any direct experience with it. I'll give my best guess anyway. I perceive reiki as a yang sort of energy (flows from the sky downward), and yang energies are generally good at clearing blockages. But I don't feel that reiki is a shockwave sort of energy. It would be more likely to "nibble at the edges" of kidney stones than to break them up by vibrating them. I believe.

During treatment, these waves begin as relatively weak pulses in the thalamus of the practitioner's brain, and gather cumulative strength as they flow to the peripheral nerves of the body including the hands.

somewhat along movement of chi in the meridians, extermitting to the end points in hands and other parts ?

Maybe similar, but also different. One of the things that's bothered western medical practitioners about acupunctuer is that the meridians don't follow nerve pathways.

The thing about waves beginning in the thalamus is particularly interesting. I wonder whether that could have something to do with visualization (in any of several sensory modes) working well in energy healing.

Bruce
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Ah, Bruce thanks for this all embracing answer... i have just seen it, and would venture to tell how i feel on the points you shared, probably this evening, when i get home to have a relaxed state of mind...

real thanks for the thoughts... plus, i was having some queries in the nature that if reiki is a command or a request, when we are treating some other.... may be a new thread merit that discussion...

i just wish i find good detailed time this evening to pour out my responses to your points bro Smile

take care

salman
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:58 pm

hi Bruce

here is what Resko shared in another thread

Hi Salman

I certainly can not claim to be an expert in the field. Though it would depend how one defines very deep state of relaxation. For my taste Alpha is not very deep state since it is from 8-12 Hz. Brain starts producing alpha waves even when we close and roll back our eyes.

Beta 12-38 Hz
    Alpha 8-12 Hz
    Theta 3-8
    Delta 0.2-3 Hz

Now-days they even offering some nice software that can lead us in desired state. One of such is NP2 and they have very good info on scientific research as well. Here is the link NP-2 (http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/)

Regards,

Resko

coming up later!
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:14 am

now, my feedback Bruce !

Bruce wrote:

this quote is particularly noteworthy.... if the practioner becomes align with earth resonance (for sake of a simpler term), why there is an exclusive mention of hands ?

I'm guessing it's because that's what the researchers decided to measure. And it makes sense for them to do that, because most energy healers conduct the healing energy out primarily through their hands. But it doesn't have to be the hands; it could also, e.g., be the feet. (If you draw in energy while having the soles of your feet touching each other, do you notice your feet heating up just like the palms of your hands do when they're held in gassho?)

Other body parts of the healer are more difficult to position easily for treatment. Also, many of the other body parts don't have main intake/outflow points like the hands (laogong points) and feet (yongquan points) do.

thats a good reasoning... as researchers seem to be more concerned with 'healing hands' when there is any talk of healing energies.. they are often concentrated on hands only... the point i was wondering that when, saying sake, practitioners become synchronized with earth resonance, not only their hands, but whole body is syncrhonized, and we borrow support of koki ho and gyoshi ho where we 'direct' reiki by means other than hands too....

Bruce wrote:
    my views aside, i want to ask senior people here that do you see entrainment as a prerequisite in a reiki session ? or to put the question more precisely 'does reiki work without entrainment too' ??

I'm not senior here, but I'll venture an answer anyway. For a localized condition, energy healing (genus level) can work without entrainment if it's directed on a very specific process -- e.g., when some qigong healers have focused on killing cancer cells in petri dishes. For systemic conditions, entrainment is more effective because that's the way to get the energy working on the recipient's entire system at the same time. (For this discussion, I include tissue repair in the "systemic" category because it's the recipient's body system that does the repair.) The presence or absence of entrainment might also go toward explaining the difference between short-term pain relief and longer-term or permanent pain relief.

that is an interesting other side Smile a localized condition necessitating a localized application maybe ? that way, energies resembling qi gong, which manifests from the practitioner 'topically' to have a localized effect, may be a very good example...

and as we move to 'systematic' treatment, i sense that your view is somewhat in the direction that entrainment is a necessary component of systematic treatments ? this was my key question bro Smile i hope i have got your views correctly ?

entrainment is an interesting phenomenon... when we say that while giving reiki treatments we 'enable' the recipient to tap in 'their' healing energy, this is invaribly we are talking about entrainment of a speicific kind... and when we say, we 'channel' reiki to them acting as conduit or vessel, this is sometwhat slightly different than entrainment, rather it is a direct application of what we ourselves have got... a reiki application on the principles of qi-gong maybe ??

one is vibrational entrainment as we learn in QT and Theraputic Touch techniques, and the other is entrainment that is possibly occuring within reiki treaments... i feel (quite a subjective personal statement) that reiki which is literally 'spirit in action' is a phenomeonon that happens when we trigger an 'action' in the spirit of the patient to utilize his own healing potentials... once triggered, healing occurs to him by his own potential, and this healing response is what we call 'spirit in action' or 'healing in action' or reiki ?? perhaps Smile ?

have to write more, as the topic is hell so interesting Basketball

take care

salman

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:10 pm