Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

"teachings of Abraham"

prdean111

"teachings of Abraham" Empty "teachings of Abraham"

Post by prdean111 Mon May 31, 2010 2:54 pm

To all:
    I just started listening to the "teachings of Abraham: master course audio---esther and Jerry Hicks," and I have more than a few questions!
    But I'll only post 2 now:
    Firstly, who is the person speaking and fielding questions from the audience? (I'm guessing it's neither Esther or Jerry but they refer to HER as Abraham--is the female speaker/moderator Abraham?)
    Also, this CD reiterates the importance of meditation--something I never really looked into. That being said, I DO have a meditation CD that focuses mainly on breathing techniques--but is not specific to Reiki at all--would that be appropriate to do before doing a Reiki session?
    Thanks in advance to all who reply!
    --Peter
    fshortt
    fshortt
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

"teachings of Abraham" Empty Re: "teachings of Abraham"

Post by fshortt Mon May 31, 2010 6:23 pm

greetings Peter,
    don´t know anything of the cd you mention, but i thought i could give you a pointer or hint on your meditation question.
    meditation is a good practice to develop mindfulness a unique mental state or focus, and silence or emptiness.
    Meditation and breathing exercises do help you develop your reiki or other ki or spiritual practices, or to compliment your reiki practice.
    Many of the qualities you develop through meditation is a great help in your reiki (or other spiritual) practices - for example:the ability to silence your mind chatter, and to be able to let go - is something that is very useful for your reiki practice, and there are many more... Smile
    meditation and breathing exercises do not need to be related to reiki, but if you want reiki meditation, try incorporating the reiki energy, the symbols or the flow of energy as your meditation focus. Again, there are many ways to do this, and many good reiki-meditations out there, you just have to find one or more that feels right for you, or create your own when you get the hang of it. Smile

best of luck, and i hope these answers helped you in some way.

kind regards
    frank

and yes it is appropriate to do before a reiki session.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon May 31, 2010 7:38 pm

yeah, as frank rightly says, feel free to experiment Pete. in your own Reiki session in particular, for yourself, try out different approaches. see what works, have a bit of fun!
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Mon May 31, 2010 11:46 pm

prdean111 wrote:Firstly, who is the person speaking and fielding questions from the audience? (I'm guessing it's neither Esther or Jerry but they refer to HER as Abraham--is the female speaker/moderator Abraham?)

I don't believe your question is answered anywhere in the CD's or books. The audience member is never specifically identified, and no mention of who chooses that person from the audience is mentioned as well.

"Abraham" is the name used to identify a group of discarnate/spiritual conscious entities that are collectively channeled by Esther.

prdean111 wrote:Also, this CD reiterates the importance of meditation--something I never really looked into. That being said, I DO have a meditation CD that focuses mainly on breathing techniques--but is not specific to Reiki at all--would that be appropriate to do before doing a Reiki session?

If it's the only tool that you have at this time, then yes. I would take your time familiarizing yourself with its techniques and practice it for a while, and when you are ready, find another one that is different but still about meditation. Sometimes they can seem to be radically different, but the more forms of meditation a person experiences the more similar they become.

In many respects, each of the Reiki techniques are a unique meditation. They may have different purposes assigned to the actions, but each results in a greater awareness of the body, a relaxed mind, a greater sense of harmony, a greater sense of spirituality, and other common results that come from meditation.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:01 am

Sorry had to move this to somewhere more appropriate since this topic is nothing to do with Reiki.

Smile
    prdean111

Post by prdean111 Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 am

thanks to all who responded--I appreciate your help!

Best,

Pete

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:44 pm