Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+6
Milarepa
Colin
Lambs-Wool
Reikijim
Frank
chi_solas
10 posters

Do we need Reiki music during Reiki sessions?

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Do we need Reiki music during Reiki sessions? Empty Do we need Reiki music during Reiki sessions?

Post by chi_solas Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:59 pm

During a Reiki session music creates
    a soothing, relaxed atmosphere. Over
    the years as I give my clients the
    choice of music during a Reiki session
    their choice usually is no music. Have
    other Reiki practitioners noticed that
    Reiki music no longer is part of their
    Reiki sessions? sunny
    Frank
    Frank

Do we need Reiki music during Reiki sessions? Empty Re: Do we need Reiki music during Reiki sessions?

Post by Frank Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:39 am

Hi,

"Do we need music during a session?"

- No, we don't.
    We don't need anything except for our own hands (sometimes we don't even need hands) and a willing receiver of the treatment.

When I started hands-on healing (I was not a Reiki practitioner yet) I did not use any music. Then when I received Reiki 1 training (Western style) I began to use relaxing music and I really liked it. It was just a part of the whole treatment.
    A couple of years later I switched more and more to the 'more original' Japanese teachings and after a while I didn't really feel the need for music anymore. I do ask the receiver of the treatment whether he/she would like some relaxing music playing in the background. Sometimes their answer is yes, sometimes it's no.

*Gasshō*
    Frank
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Do we need Reiki music during Reiki sessions? Empty Re: Do we need Reiki music during Reiki sessions?

Post by Reikijim Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:56 am

Hi,

I personally never wanted or liked any form of distraction while treating someone. Audible sounds, especially music, because I like it so much, distracted me from reaching a level of perceptuon that I found to be of benefit.

But really, the session is about the client, so my opinion only matters so much. Regardless of what I felt, they may have come for Reiki, merely for the purpose of relaxation. So if requested, soft music was allowed. With most, they didn`t hear the music after the first twenty minutes anyways.

Jim
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:56 am

If a person comes to have a Reiki sessions
    just for relaxation, that's when the
    subconscious kicks in. Sleep

Along with my clients I always benefit from
    the sessions with or without music. bounce
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:42 pm

hi buddies Smile

from the perspectives shared so far on this thread, i'd note that we have expressed a clear distinction between what constitues the ingredients of reiki and what serves merely an 'appetizer' for a reiki session. This is often not seen on many other reiki fora where everything that seems to be of assistance during a reiki session, is often presented as standard reiki protocol Smile

personally, i would not like to 'program' the feelings of a regular reiki patient with music, since if some day there is a power outage and i have not something to play, the client would feel there is something 'missing' (just kidding guys Smile )

take care

salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:24 am

That power outage would really
    be a bummer. affraid

I love the word appetizer to
    describe the music. flower

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:47 am

When I was starting out as a Reiki
    practitioner. Reiki music was not
    as abundant as it is today. Finding
    music that would last an hour was a
    challenge. Although at least 10
    minutes into the session clients
    were already in a relaxed mode so
    at least 30 minutes of Reiki music
    was OK. Sleep
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:38 pm

A handy hint for those of us who like background music for a Reiki session:

If you buy a cheap portable CD/Tape/mp3 player that also has a USB port, you can plug in a USB drive containing all your favourite Reiki music and, if you set it to loop you can have an infinite musical soundscape! (A 1 GB drive can hold at least 10 CDs (or 10 hours)worth of mp3 files!).

Very Happy
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Colin wrote:A handy hint for those of us who like background music for a Reiki session:

If you buy a cheap portable CD/Tape/mp3 player that also has a USB port, you can plug in a USB drive containing all your favourite Reiki music and, if you set it to loop you can have an infinite musical soundscape! (A 1 GB drive can hold at least 10 CDs (or 10 hours)worth of mp3 files!).

Very Happy

i used to listen Taggart's reiki tracks by plugging the USB drive to the car audio, untill i find one day that listening a meditative track during drive could prove fatal lol!

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:53 pm

hehe, you gave me a good chuckle salman!
    queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Sat May 07, 2011 1:27 pm

flower
    music?
    for me always the client's choice
    you might find this of interest
    i entered this in another area but it's worth repeating here

Rolling Eyes i had an interesting session once when 2 clients (twins) both wanted heavy metal music playing during their sessions. (separately)
    not my idea of "relaxing" music but they both reported to have had a great reiki session confused surprisingly it didn't distract me or irritate me i half as much as i expected, i would't like to repeat it very often but it was ok

so i guess
    each to his/her own scratch

queen
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by Rlei_ki Mon May 09, 2011 5:22 am

chi_solas wrote:Do we need Reiki music during Reiki sessions?

IMO, No, we (the practitioners) do not.

Yet many 'clients', beyond liking or simply expecting, background music, may actually need it on some level.

For some, music can actually act as a kind of filter through which to process difficult emotions / feelings which may arise during treatment.

queen of clean
    queen of clean

Post by queen of clean Thu May 12, 2011 8:35 pm

flower
    personally i like music but i'd like to be the one to choose it!!!!
    some frequencies actually hurt my ears.
    ( sorry if you like crystal singing bowls)
    a lot of ideas floating around about what happens or doesn't happen during a reiki session isn't so surprising as a lot of people use their own ideas about what would be good or interesting for clients add ons i like to call them sometimes too it's just to add interest as some people hate silence also music can have a way of bringing some people into the here and now by giving them something to focus on!
    flower queen
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Thu May 12, 2011 10:59 pm

queen of clean wrote: flower
    personally i like music but i'd like to be the one to choose it!!!!
    some frequencies actually hurt my ears.
    ( sorry if you like crystal singing bowls)
    a lot of ideas floating around about what happens or doesn't happen during a reiki session isn't so surprising as a lot of people use their own ideas about what would be good or interesting for clients add ons i like to call them sometimes too it's just to add interest as some people hate silence also music can have a way of bringing some people into the here and now by giving them something to focus on!
    flower queen

Silence is a healthy noise, you can
    listen better to your body. Sleep

The first time I did not use music was
    at the request of the client. I found
    the session to be more in the moment. sunny

When the client requests music I play it
    ever so softly.heart smiley
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri May 13, 2011 1:21 am

Both ways can be cool. Though i tend to use music for myself. Young kids can make noise, hehe, so it helps. Lately, i'm back into classical guitar, so jeez, how that opens my heart, makes my smile even writing this. Ok, i just talked myself into another Reiki session!
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri May 13, 2011 4:28 am

Milarepa wrote:Both ways can be cool. Though i tend to use music for myself. Young kids can make noise, hehe, so it helps. Lately, i'm back into classical guitar, so jeez, how that opens my heart, makes my smile even writing this. Ok, i just talked myself into another Reiki session!

Do you mean listening or playing
    classical guitar?

Are you familar with Robert Gass and
    his chorale group"on wings of song"?
    sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri May 13, 2011 5:42 am

Both really bridget. i'm only learning to play. Took about a year off there, but have started again a week or so ago. Still going through the basics. I just thought today, me & my partner are getting married late July, so i'm gonna learn one romantic song, and play it to here on our wedding day, hehe.

Robert Gass, he plays kinda spiritual, new age stuff on the guitar?
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Fri May 13, 2011 6:10 am

Fridrik Karlsson is another classically trained guitarist who has some great CDs out for healing sessions and relaxation - they are among my favourites!

I also prefer some soft music playing quietly in the background when I am giving a Reiki session.
    poppy18
    poppy18
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by poppy18 Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:58 am

I'm finding this thread really interesting. I have always used music in my self reiki & reiki to others. I have always found it very relaxing and actually never thought about not having it! Well up until now Shocked
    I actually like the thought of learning to reiki without music as i'm interested in seeing if i feel different. from now on i will ask my clients whether they want it or not (think i was being a bit selfish!).
    You've all opened my eyes in a positive way Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:21 am

poppy18 wrote:I'm finding this thread really interesting. I have always used music in my self reiki & reiki to others. I have always found it very relaxing and actually never thought about not having it! Well up until now Shocked
    I actually like the thought of learning to reiki without music as i'm interested in seeing if i feel different. from now on i will ask my clients whether they want it or not (think i was being a bit selfish!).
    You've all opened my eyes in a positive way Smile

Poppy some folks need music to relax. Do we need Reiki music during Reiki sessions? 850837

As you get to know your clients you
    can use different techniques. Have
    music timed to start your session and
    automatically shut of 10 minutes into
    the session. You do not want to stop
    during the session to shut music off. sunny
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:56 am

from working with different clients over the years in different holistic therapies.....I have found that different types of music can be extremely beneficial to the client ( and to me) and can help create the appropriate conditions for the recipient to relax and be far more receptive to the process. I have a real fascination with how sound waves impact the body creating physiological responses. Sound waves ( music) can harm or heal....

Years ago when I was receiving some healing myself from a wonderful healer.she asked me if I'd like some music playing during the treatment...I said yes, but unfortunately it wasn't my cup of tea and I found the tinny ping ping ping of the classical piano music being played a little counterproductive to the whole process!! ahhaha.

and as a result of client feedback i have discovered that when it comes to relaxing music, its purely down to personal preference, different strokes for different folks. I have a few different cd's that I offer...

also something that has struck me when it comes to playing a specific cd for a specific client...just listening to that music on it's own outside of a reiki session, can infact induce the same energy flow to occur. It somehow triggers the memory of the healing process to kick-in. which is absolutely fantastic!!!!

Try it!....offer the same music to a client over a a period of regular sessions, then give them a copy of the cd to play at home and ask them for feedback.... bom

I can be quite senstive to sound waves at times ( both audible and inaudable)...and find myself paying particular attention to the sounds of 'silence' in different environments....for example, when I was waiting for my youngest son to finish his karate lesson in a local leaisure centre...the sound of the drinks machine had a very low humming tone....I found it extremely calming and harmonising, it almost put me into an altered state of consciousness. then I have found myself in a waiting rooms somwhere and the sound of 'silence' in those environments ( the various buzzing coming from different electrical devices, office equipment)etc...have proved extremely irritating and wound me up a bit. So many detrimental sound waves out there polluting the atmosphere and our energetic and physical bodies.

Even when I turn everything off in the house, there is still a low buzzing sound .....it only dissapears when we have a power cut!!!....
    Pachamama

Post by Pachamama Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:57 am

for those interested in the impact of sound check out cymatics... Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:46 am