Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
fshortt
Bruce
thehungrycaterpillar
7 posters

What would be examples of High frequency and Low frequency vibrations?

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

What would be examples of High frequency and Low frequency vibrations? Empty What would be examples of High frequency and Low frequency vibrations?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Yo Peeps,

I like this topic a lot,

You guys want to help me list out high frequency and low frequency vibrations??
    Have any of you come across material that lists actual numbers??

I came across one and I let it slip! What a Face

It can be useful because we can use some from the list to raise our vibrations!
    and be aware of what brings it down?!!

Higher vibrations
    Yoga
    Meditation,
    Tai chi, Qi gong
    Music,
    Gathering for a positive reason
    Sounds I am sure, but don't know which ones??
    Animals What a Face ( pets )
    Geometric shapes??? ( correct me? )
    Chanting
    Aromatherapy
    Flowers
    Purified water??
    walking on grass?
    Crystals
    Any colors???
    Organic whole food

Lower vibrations
    Negative thoughts
    disorder??
    alcohol or drugs

Question

@QQQQQQQ0

Last edited by thehungrycaterpillar on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bruce

What would be examples of High frequency and Low frequency vibrations? Empty Re: What would be examples of High frequency and Low frequency vibrations?

Post by Bruce Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:31 am

Well, if you start to use scientific terminology like "frequency," then it would be useful to use it within its scientific meaning. As an example using one category that you mentioned -- music isn't per se only high frequency. Music can have either low frequency (low pitch, like 2 octaves below middle C) or high frequency (high pitch, like 2 octaves above middle C), or -- of course -- changing combinations over time.

If you're talking about effects, then omitting the term "frequency" can make the discussion clearer. But the same category can have different effects. Emoto's work on water was unscientifically done -- no double-blind protocols were used -- but it purported to show (among other things) that some music resulted in beautiful ice crystals while other music resulted in ugly ice crystals.

Bruce
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

What would be examples of High frequency and Low frequency vibrations? Empty Re: What would be examples of High frequency and Low frequency vibrations?

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:14 am

Bruce wrote:Well, if you start to use scientific terminology like "frequency," then it would be useful to use it within its scientific meaning. As an example using one category that you mentioned -- music isn't per se only high frequency. Music can have either low frequency (low pitch, like 2 octaves below middle C) or high frequency (high pitch, like 2 octaves above middle C), or -- of course -- changing combinations over time.

If you're talking about effects, then omitting the term "frequency" can make the discussion clearer. But the same category can have different effects. Emoto's work on water was unscientifically done -- no double-blind protocols were used -- but it purported to show (among other things) that some music resulted in beautiful ice crystals while other music resulted in ugly ice crystals.

Bruce

I am not clear yet how to word or categorize it, but I do know certain music does bring the vibrations up. Like Classiccal, Happy songs, words used in the songs, Chanting, drumming, etc,.

I also know each chakras has a musical note assigned to it. I do not yet know about their vibrations yet.

I love the example you gave.. I am going to google it.. but if you came across a link faster than me, please do post it,

Thanks...
    THC
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:32 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:I love the example you gave.. I am going to google it.. but if you came across a link faster than me, please do post it,

Are you referring to my referring to Emoto's work? If so, here's a link: http://www.unitedearth.com.au/watercrystals.html

Keep in mind that his methodology is suspect. A photographer was asked to pick "representative" crystals from each sample, but the photographer already knew which sample corresponded to which source/influence. A better protocol would be to have representative crystals selected from each sample by someone who doesn't know which sample had which source/influence.

Bruce
    fshortt
    fshortt
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Post by fshortt Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:42 am

Agree with Bruce here, on bringing frequency into the picture,
    low vibrations does not mean negative, and high vibrations doesn't work for better.

How about listing and categorizing it with: Beneficial and Not-Beneficial for health or spirituality or whatever?

Are you trying to make a personal list of what you find beneficial or a list for the public?
    What a Face

just keep in mind, what is good for one might not be so for another. albino

f
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:49 am

Just to throw something into the mix. In Quantum touch, we're taught on how to raise our vibration, then the client meets it, through resonance & entrainment, we aren't, at least in the basic workshops, taught anything about lowering vibrations for healing. In fact, in QT, we bring our hands to a very high vibration, and this enables the cleint to meet it, and effect their own healing.

I'm no expert, but would be interested in hearing of any active modalities whereby a practitioner will deliberately lower their vibration to assist in healing. And also, how this healing happens, and why. And when someone is usually sick, or very ill, even near death, any material on what 'level' theri vibration is, generally? Smile .

Take care
    Wayne
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:53 am

in frequency healing the e.g one would bring in earth energies low vibrations to heal physical body.

Smile

oh and also thought about something else, brainwaves... does the high frequency or lower frequencies have healing effects on the body.... Alpha states (light meditation) seem to facilitate relaxation and stress release, no? Beta states have a higher frequency

f

(just speaking from the top of my head here... )

Last edited by fshortt on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:55 am

'frequency healing' Frank?
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:57 am

Laughing

will find the name later... baby calling
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:06 am

fshortt wrote:in frequency healing the e.g one would bring in earth energies low vibrations to heal physical body.

This is beyond my experience, buddy. earth energy low vibration, is 'low vibration' compared to what? A human? So it's definitely a lower vibration to a human that effects the healing? Or, a lower vibration to the normal level within a human? I'm kinda curious, and wanting to learn something here, Smile .

fshortt wrote:
    oh and also thought about something else, brainwaves... does the high frequency or lower frequencies have healing effects on the body.... Alpha states (light meditation) seem to facilitate relaxation and stress release, no? Beta states have a higher frequency

Yeah, Alpha brainwaves are lower to Beta or Gamma, for instance. They aren't lower to a human though, they're the strongest brainwaves we have, and are normal range generally for us. So, they're only 'lower' brainwaves when classed alongsaide beta, etc.

I'm trying to see what the classification of lower frequency in healing actually means.

Take care
    Wayne

Edit: was just gonna ask how you're daughter was there bro! I'm away also, gotta pack, me & the fmaily going ot England on Wed to live. The missus is giving me the eye (are you not packing!!!!!) , i can feel it, hehe.
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:30 am

Milarepa wrote:Just to throw something into the mix. In Quantum touch, we're taught on how to raise our vibration, then the client meets it, through resonance & entrainment, we aren't, at least in the basic workshops, taught anything about lowering vibrations for healing. In fact, in QT, we bring our hands to a very high vibration, and this enables the cleint to meet it, and effect their own healing.

I'm no expert, but would be interested in hearing of any active modalities whereby a practitioner will deliberately lower their vibration to assist in healing. And also, how this healing happens, and why. And when someone is usually sick, or very ill, even near death, any material on what 'level' theri vibration is, generally? Smile .

Take care
    Wayne

Hi, Wayne,

I mentioned on other boards (like the previous reiki-4-all) that Richard Gordon talks about "frequency" when he probably really means "intensity."

Consider a situation of 2 objects, each with a distinct oscillating magnetic field. The field of object A has an intensity of 10,000 gaus, and it has a frequency of 2 herz. The field of object B has an intensity of 7 gaus, and it has a frequency of 30,000 herz.

In this sort of situation, the stronger -- i.e., more intense -- field "wins," not the one with higher frequency. Object B is likely to be entrained to object A's field, rather than the other way around. So it makes all sorts of sense to raise the INTENSITY of one's field when healing. I don't know of any modality in which the practitioner would deliberately lower the intensity of his or her field.

As for frequency, Jannelle Durham's website notes the following from James Oschman's book: "Various electrical frequencies are being tested to determine the types of tissue they affect. Sisken and Walker found that 2 Hz is associated with nerve regeneration, 7 Hz with bone growth, 10 Hz with ligament healing, 15, 20, and 72 Hz with stimulation of capillary formation, and 25 and 50 Hz with synergistic effects with nerve growth factor. (Cited at Oschman, 76 and 86)." http://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/janelle/energy/support.htm So depending on the condition being treated, yes, there may be some reason to lower the frequency of the healer's field.

As for those who are nearly dead from an illness, their physical field is deteriorating, and so is at low intensity.

Bruce
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:23 am

thank you Bruce Smile you said it!

and i do believe you did too wayne Very Happy
    [quote=milarepa] they're the strongest brainwaves we have,[/quote]

I know that valerie hunt's work is also referenced in regards to frequency and healing.

http://books.google.com/books?id=AmHc0FrO72MC&pg=PA212&lpg=PA212&dq=valerie+hunt%2Bfrequency+of+illness&source=bl&ots=Ww-l4Njxhe&sig=9c02lw32su2EKVJu5XNIq8RTgyw&hl=en&ei=TbFsSqbWLMePsAacpJ2lBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10

Edit: sorry for the long link tag, didn't manage to put it in a short-form and it seems the quote didn't work hehe, what a noob i am Smile

f
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:38 am

Thanks guys for sharing this info with me, and helping me, Smile . I can see what's being said, so apprecite that.

take care
    Wayne
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:45 am

Milarepa wrote:

Edit: was just gonna ask how you're daughter was there bro! I'm away also, gotta pack, me & the fmaily going ot England on Wed to live. The missus is giving me the eye (are you not packing!!!!!) , i can feel it, hehe.

all was good, she just wanted to be held, then eat Smile
    wow big move for you guys, hope it all goes smooth, and best of luck settling into a new life next week Smile

think there is a practice that is called vibrational healing, but also biofield healing or something...

f
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:03 am

if you read that page at least, it mentions the earths natural resonance at 7-9 Hz which must be a reference to:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonance
    and here this range is classified as ELF (extremely low frequency)
    "Schumann resonances are the principal background in the electromagnetic spectrum between 3–69 Hz, and appear as distinct peaks at extremely low frequencies (ELF) around 7.83, 14.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz." (quoted from wikipedia, above link)

well thats me stepping a bit out of my field, but i am sure Bruce will correct me if i am off
    What a Face

f
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:27 am

fshortt wrote:

all was good, she just wanted to be held, then eat Smile

Who's on the night shift then? I'm usually the one for that myself. Then again, i stay up a lot at night on the interent anyhow.

fshortt wrote:
    wow big move for you guys, hope it all goes smooth, and best of luck settling into a new life next week Smile

Cheers Frank. You know, everything has went so, so smooth, all has just fitted into place so far. Then, when i think if it, the reason why we're moving over, and i feel God brought my daughter & I back into contact, with the intention of Alyssa & I resolving things, and forming what we are, well, it's no surprise things are going so smooth.

thanks for your kinds words bro!

Take care
    Wayne
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:49 am

fshortt wrote:
    "Schumann resonances are the principal background in the electromagnetic spectrum between 3–69 Hz, and appear as distinct peaks at extremely low frequencies (ELF) around 7.83, 14.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz." (quoted from wikipedia, above link)
    f

It looks as if the higher frequencies are almost (but oddly, not quite) harmonics of the baseline frequency.

Addendum: Looking at the Wikipedia article Frank cited, it looks as if the departure from harmonics is attributed to dissipative effects of the atmosphere.

Bruce

Last edited by Bruce on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:55 am

Just throwing one more thing (about intensity) into the mix re. discussion of brainwave frequencies. The electrical field of the heart is stronger than that of the brain. The magnetic field of the heart is much stronger than that of the brain.

Addendum: I'm not sure of the reliabiilty of the following link, but it says the amplitude of the electrical field of the heart is 60 times greater than that of the brain, and that the magnetic field of the heart is 5,000 greater than that of the brain.
    http://www.exceptionalmarriages.com/WEBLOG/BlogDetail.asp?ID=40208

By the way, speculating from an evolutionary point of view, I think it makes sense that most living cells would be nourished by magnetic fields that are similar to that of the earth. Cells that are boosted by the earth's field could have a competitive advantage over cells that that did not have such a relationship.

On the other hand, maybe the field has the opposite effect on "abnormal" cells like cancer. I remember reports that cancer cells grow faster in "zero gravity" than they do on the earth. Query whether it was the removal from the earth's gravitational field, or removal from the earth's magnetic field, which led to the accelerated growth.

Bruce
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:20 pm

I'm only woke, hehe, so had to read this a couple times, Smile . I never knew this, but it's easily seen why the heart is so much emphasised within spirituality, and indeed within healing, with advice like 'getting your head/mind outta the way' kinda thing.

Thanks for sharing Bruce!

Take care
    Wayne
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:39 pm

Here is a short interview with Rollin McCarty (great name!) talking about the heart's magnetic field and how it interacts with our emotions and others around us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMQipX-hIDs

He is also one of the interviewees on The Living Matrix DVD.

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:11 pm

I can't see that anyone's mentioned James Oschman's work so far, which confirms that healers emit radiation in the ELF range.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:17 pm

Pandora wrote:I can't see that anyone's mentioned James Oschman's work so far, which confirms that healers emit radiation in the ELF range.

Hi Chris

I think his work may have been mentioned in another thread but here is an interview William Rand did with James Oschman for Reiki News magazine:

http://www.reiki.org/Download/OschmanReprint2.pdf

(Incidentally James Oschman is also another interviewee on The Living Matrix DVD! Smile )

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    Bruce

Post by Bruce Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:59 pm

Pandora wrote:I can't see that anyone's mentioned James Oschman's work so far, which confirms that healers emit radiation in the ELF range.

In post #11 in this thread, I said,
    "As for frequency, Jannelle Durham's website notes the following from James Oschman's book: "Various electrical frequencies are being tested to determine the types of tissue they affect. Sisken and Walker found that 2 Hz is associated with nerve regeneration, 7 Hz with bone growth, 10 Hz with ligament healing, 15, 20, and 72 Hz with stimulation of capillary formation, and 25 and 50 Hz with synergistic effects with nerve growth factor. (Cited at Oschman, 76 and 86)." http://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/janelle/energy/support.htm So depending on the condition being treated, yes, there may be some reason to lower the frequency of the healer's field."

Uh, the same link mentions the range of frequencies emitted from the hands of healers and martial artists:
    "In the 1980’s, Dr. John Zimmerman used a SQUID detector (designed to study human biomagnetic fields) to study fields produced by a Therapeutic Touch practitioner during a healing session in a magnetically shielded room. A biomagnetic field emanated from the practitioner’s hand, pulsing at a variable frequency, ranging from .3 to 30 Hz, with most of the activity in the range of 7-8 Hz. The field was so strong that it was outside of the calibrated range of the SQUID magnetometer, so signal strength could not be quantified.

"A study by Seto in Japan confirmed 'a large biomagnetic field emanates from the hands of practitioners of a variety of healing and martial arts techniques, including QiGong, yoga, meditation, Zen, etc. The fields were measured with a simple magnetometer consisting of two 80,000 turn coils and a sensitive amplifier. The fields had a strength of about 10-3 gauss, which is about 1000 times stronger than the strongest human biomagnetic fields (from the heart)… about 1,000,000 times stronger than the fields produced by the brain… As in Zimmerman’s study, the biomagnetic field pulsed with a variable frequency centered around 8-10 Hz.' (Oschman, 79)"

Bruce
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:09 am

Hey
    thanks for the input Bruce. Came across this paper, quite interesting read. any thoughts?
    the 40 laws of vibration

http://www.textfiles.com/bbs/KEELYNET/KEELY/40laws.asc

f
    fshortt
    fshortt

Post by fshortt Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:11 am

Colin wrote:

Hi Chris

I think his work may have been mentioned in another thread but here is an interview William Rand did with James Oschman for Reiki News magazine:

http://www.reiki.org/Download/OschmanReprint2.pdf

(Incidentally James Oschman is also another interviewee on The Living Matrix DVD! Smile )

Ai to Hikari
    Colin

got them both down the other day after your mention on the other thread, no time to get through them yet, but have had some time to read reviews on Oschman's work.
    Smile
    f

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 pm