Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

4 posters

Where to begin!

Silverbolt
    Silverbolt
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Where to begin! Empty Where to begin!

Post by Silverbolt Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:52 pm

I have been surfing the internet for a while and found different sites concerning about Reiki. But I can't be really sure so I am asking everybody here.

Where should I start?

I actually do not know how to begin with all that information. I have a general idea that involves meditating. But I wanna be for sure. I do not only want to practice hard but also effectively. So knowing where to start is a great idea, if I may say so myself!

Suspect
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Where to begin! Empty Re: Where to begin!

Post by LightBody Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:33 am

Unlike institutionalized systems, Reiki is highly individual. Each person seems to practice similar concepts that have their origins--sometimes literal, sometimes inspired (by intuition)--in the system that Hawayo Takata taught in the 1970's, or that Mikao Usui is believed to have taught in his day.

Overall, Reiki is very unorganized. There's not one single governing body that issues awards, certificates, edicts, prosecutions, or the like.

I feel the best way to begin sorting the wheat from the chaff is to look at everything in the sorter, shake it up a bit, and then look at the results.

LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:41 am

I should add that the Reiki Learning Lounge has a section titled Teacher Interviews located here:
    http://www.reikilearninglounge.com/c8-reiki-teacher-interviews

Many prominent Reiki teachers from around the world have taken time out of their schedules to answer several interview questions that Wayne and the administrators here helped write.

One of the reasons the Reiki Learning Lounge has posted those teacher interviews is to help individuals new to Reiki begin to get a feeling about those teachers, and the different Reiki styles that are present in the world today.

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Buck wrote:Unlike institutionalized systems, Reiki is highly individual. Each person seems to practice similar concepts that have their origins--sometimes literal, sometimes inspired (by intuition)--in the system that Hawayo Takata taught in the 1970's, or that Mikao Usui is believed to have taught in his day.

Overall, Reiki is very unorganized. There's not one single governing body that issues awards, certificates, edicts, prosecutions, or the like.

I feel the best way to begin sorting the wheat from the chaff is to look at everything in the sorter, shake it up a bit, and then look at the results.

Where to begin! 63216 Buck you have such a great way with words lol!
    I will never look at Reiki the same way again

I have to agree with your descriptive
    "Where To Begin" excellent response Where to begin! 158903
    Silverbolt
    Silverbolt
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by Silverbolt Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Buck wrote:

So I just have to give it a try and see where I end up. And if I come across a wall which is to large for me to scale I should ask for help?

I thought Reiki had a more pre-aligned approach, and not so scientific tongue
    I like it cheers
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Silverbolt wrote:So I just have to give it a try and see where I end up. And if I come across a wall which is to large for me to scale I should ask for help?

I don't know what is best for you to do, but when I hit such a wall, asking questions is what I do.

There are many Reiki forums out there, and in one respect each will do the same thing, but in another respect each will be very different. I've experienced some forums that readily degraded participants who were not in the moderators lineage, and others that were so spacey it was just not appropriate for me to participate in at all. And then some forums make an appearance and go, or simply do not attract enough participants to make conversation.

For myself, when I've needed to find answers or come as close to finding an answer as I can, I've posed questions to others and considered their reply. I have never fully accepted their answer on blind faith or as ultimate truth, but rather as a temporary stepping stone that has brought me one step closer to discovering my truth.

Silverbolt wrote:I thought Reiki had a more pre-aligned approach, and not so scientific tongue
    I like it cheers

;-)

wytche
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by wytche Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 am

Buck you say it so well.

For me Reiki is about appreciation of those around you whether it be a person or a rock. Understanding yourself more clearly and having the ability to be open enough to accept that which you may not fully understand or agree with, but willing to listen and perhaps learn from it. The opportunity to heal or offer guidance through the mediation of Reiki is the channel by which those processes have enabled you.
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:17 am

wytche wrote:Buck you say it so well.

For me Reiki is about appreciation of those around you whether it be a person or a rock. Understanding yourself more clearly and having the ability to be open enough to accept that which you may not fully understand or agree with, but willing to listen and perhaps learn from it. The opportunity to heal or offer guidance through the mediation of Reiki is the channel by which those processes have enabled you.

Reiki helps me understand myself better when
    I practice the 5 precepts "Just for today" sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:26 pm