Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

5 posters

Is it possible to use the power of reiki to do harm?

fluugy
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Is it possible to use the power of reiki to do harm? Empty Is it possible to use the power of reiki to do harm?

Post by fluugy Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Hello Reiki Forum!

I have a question that I just must know the answer to and that is...is it possible for to use the power of reiki to do harm rather than the good it is intended to do?

The reason i wish to know if it is possible for Reiki to be misused is because i have reason to believe this Reiki has been used to damage me. Please let me preface this post by assuring everyone reading this that i am not some paranoid person who believes that others are out to get me. In fact that is so opposite to my personality if anything i happpen to be far too trusting of everyone and way too open and i guess the main reason i am this way is that i have never harmed anyone nor wished to seek revenge on anyone no matter that on very rare occasions as i am sure is true for most people there is someone in everyone's life who just does not get along with the other. And it can happen that some very not so very nice peoeple can and do try to do negative things to those they dislike. Well i have had this happen to me perhaps a couple times but never felt like retaliating maybe i am just to lazy or whatever but the whole idea of revenge is just not something that i have ever even entertained doing. And i believe that most people are like i am and do not do nasty things to others and basically can be trusted and at worst people feel neutraul to others and at best they wish the best for them so this is i think why i am not the paranoid type.

Ok with that out of the way just about a year ago i met this man online. I would prefer to remain anonymous on this forum so it is a little difficult without revealing who i am why this man and i connected. So let us suffice to say that i happen to have an online business and i offer mp3s to people that make some of them very very good. this man already had been enjoying my mp3s and contacted me because he wished me to create a custom mp3 for him which i did. He loved the mp3 i made for him and for whatever reason we began a regular email correspondence. After not very long perhaps a couple weeks he confessed to me that he was in love with me. I knew he was not in love with me he didnt even know me and from experience i know that from time to time men do think they have fallen in love with me but i know it is only how my mp3s make them feel and it is not me that they are in love with and i told this man he was not in love with me and i figured like all the other men who had thought they had fallen in love with me that he would figure this out and be gone within a couple of weeks. But this man was different he was relentless and he was not some lunatic he was a very stable man with a very stable job and sure even really crazy people do have normal jobs but i checked this man out throroughly as i knew his first and last name and i googled him and there must have been 40 pages on this man and so much of what i discovered from googlling him made it very clear that he and i shared interests that were primary to both of us. I have been very much alone since my husband died about ten years ago and although not at all feeling desperate for a man i was feeling thati wished a friend who shared what interested me most and this man was just about the perfect fit.Still i did not feel love for him atleast not romantic love i had seen his photo and he looked fine just ok normal average. So physically he was fine but no big deal not that i am any big deal either.

The basic thing most important to both of us semmed to be spiritual matters.

We began skyping and still although i found this man to be very interesting i still felt no real love for him. Then one day this man who happens to be a reiki master all of a sudden became very quiet and all i really remember is that he gave me this look that was very piercing that was coming from his right eye. Immediately i felt such tremendous feelings of love flooding me. Cant describe it but felt such love could not tell if it was his love or my love or just love and it was an energy i had never felt ever in my life. All i can say is that from that moment on i felt such strong feelings of love for this man more so than any other and this was just so wonderful.

After that he and i would spend at least 2 hours each day with our eyes closed and both of us in total silence sending this "energy" back and forth to each other from around 7000 miles away from each other on skype. It was the most wonderful times of my life. It was not sexual not really although there were times when i did feel this energy in my genital area and he did too but really this seemed to be of secondary importance to these what seemed to both of us to be sacred feelings of higher love we felt for each other.

This went on for about 7 weeks and it seemed to me that we had such a rare mutual love that few others possessed. He asked me to come live with him and sent me an air tik for a flight from the west coast of the us to a european country. He got an apartment for us. I am no teenager far from it. I would have bet my life this was the real thing.

I could not have been more wrong. When i arrived and he met me at the airport i immediately noticed that this so called energy flow had disappeared completely. He did not great me as one who was meeting the love of his life although polite and friendly he was a completely different person than he had been when we skyped although he looked justas he looked on skype and i looked just as i looked on skype.

Suffice to say for the next 6 months it was a nightmare for me and him too. Since then the most horrible things have happened to me. Especially in the past couple of weeks. He tells me he sends me reiki energy all the time but i feel so awful and have been feeling so awful since he says he has been sending me this reiki energy or else i feel no energy at all just feel horrible very very weak as never before and almost like i am close to death never felt so bad in my life. I do not understand why i am feeling this way. I am feeling very anxious and almost like i am losing my mind which i have never felt like ever always been fairly well balanced abut the way i am feeling now is truly bizarre.

I was once involved with a thing called remote influencing and the man who was the instructor for this program made it clear that it is possible to remote influence others in ways that can harm them and warned his trainees never to do such a thing. So i am wondering if it is possible to uss reiki to harm even though this is not what is intended that it be used to do.

If it can be used to harm or damage another is there anyway to prevent harm to happen if so how can one stop someome from harming another.

I am not sure it is not simply my imagination but when i was involved with remote influencing i felt at times that i was being remote influenced for my betterment and it felt very good and other times i felt just the opposiite was occuring.

This is similar but not exactly the same way i am now experiencing what i am thinking is this reiki being used for negative purposes. I know of one guy who once shared with me that he was sure that a couple of peopple were trying to destroy him using energy.He shared with me it was taking every ounce of his strength to keep from these peoeple succeeding is doing him grave harm.

To be perfectly honest i am not sure all of this is just all based on the power of ones imagination and like voodoo which apparently is extremely effective on those who truly believe in the power of voodooo yet for those who do not believe that vooodoo has any power it has no power but forthose who do believe voodoo can so easily kill a believer.

So anyone have any advice or answers or opinions that might help me. If so thank you very much.

fluugy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Is it possible to use the power of reiki to do harm? Empty Re: Is it possible to use the power of reiki to do harm?

Post by Milarepa Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:43 pm

fluugy wrote:Hello Reiki Forum!

Hiya! Warm Welcome to the forum. And thnaks for sharing this extremely important event.

fluugy wrote:
    I have a question that I just must know the answer to and that is...is it possible for to use the power of reiki to do harm rather than the good it is intended to do?

I'd say yes. Though not in an obvious way. It can harm our current lifestyle via making it change. This though would be for our better.

fluugy wrote:
    The reason i wish to know if it is possible for Reiki to be misused is because i have reason to believe this Reiki has been used to damage me.

Looking at the dynamic of Reiki experiences that i currently believe happens, i cant' see how a person experiences anything that they themselves don't wish to.

I see it not as me giving you Reiki. But starting a process (which is not 'Reiki'), and you have an experience which is called Reiki. So in this way, it is you who would be dictating the experience. It is you who does the healing, etc..

fluugy wrote:
    I could not have been more wrong. When i arrived and he met me at the airport i immediately noticed that this so called energy flow had disappeared completely. He did not great me as one who was meeting the love of his life although polite and friendly he was a completely different person than he had been when we skyped although he looked justas he looked on skype and i looked just as i looked on skype.

Suffice to say for the next 6 months it was a nightmare for me and him too.

This is interesting. Perhaps the immediate issue wasn't really with you. But with him. And it has in turn affected you. since you were in such close proximity to him.

fluugy wrote:
    Since then the most horrible things have happened to me. Especially in the past couple of weeks.

I know you feel you have to be careful what you say. And you certainly don't have to say anything on here you dont want to. we'll still give advice. It might be useful though to elaborate some on this. To let folks know a fuller picture. This can be done via personal message here. Such things would remain private if need be, admin would take a dm view of a breach in trust this way. Though that caveat is'nt required. We are good people here.

It doesn't have to be me either. Hold of, see who replies here, and who you are drawn to, Smile.

fluugy wrote:
    He tells me he sends me reiki energy all the time but i feel so awful and have been feeling so awful since he says he has been sending me this reiki energy or else i feel no energy at all just feel horrible very very weak as never before and almost like i am close to death never felt so bad in my life. I do not understand why i am feeling this way. I am feeling very anxious and almost like i am losing my mind which i have never felt like ever always been fairly well balanced abut the way i am feeling now is truly bizarre.

you've got a lot of folks on here now who will help with this situation all they can.

Have you told the guy not to send you Reiki? He shoouldn't be doing it if you don't want it. Also, though this isn't a given in all of us, some practitioners would 'feel' the Reiki absent treatment being refused or rejected by the recipient. So we'd stop. So, either consiously or sub-consciously, but if you consciously tell him you dont want it. He should not do it. Please advise us on this.

fluugy wrote:
    I was once involved with a thing called remote influencing and the man who was the instructor for this program made it clear that it is possible to remote influence others in ways that can harm them and warned his trainees never to do such a thing. So i am wondering if it is possible to uss reiki to harm even though this is not what is intended that it be used to do.

To my mind, Reiki is the purest, best aspect of ourselves in action. I find it hard to see it doing this.

fluugy wrote:
    If it can be used to harm or damage another is there anyway to prevent harm to happen if so how can one stop someome from harming another.

Reiki in itself is a protective experience. I dont recommend learning Reiki for this reason though!

non-Reiki things, such as sea salt baths, can help remove unwanted influences. Celtic or Himalyan sea salt is cool.

There's other things, but maybe my new age chums here can advise better.

fluugy wrote:
    This is similar but not exactly the same way i am now experiencing what i am thinking is this reiki being used for negative purposes. I know of one guy who once shared with me that he was sure that a couple of peopple were trying to destroy him using energy.He shared with me it was taking every ounce of his strength to keep from these peoeple succeeding is doing him grave harm.

I dont doubt your friend. All energy isn't Reiki though. No matter what is said about 'universal' etc. Reiki is a specific process, giving a specific reaction, which gives a specific experience. Reiki is more protective. However, other things exist that can be used on other ways.

Just cause the guy is Reiki, doesn't mean he is using Reiki. And also, without further info, it may or may not be his fault.

fluugy wrote:
    To be perfectly honest i am not sure all of this is just all based on the power of ones imagination and like voodoo which apparently is extremely effective on those who truly believe in the power of voodooo yet for those who do not believe that vooodoo has any power it has no power but forthose who do believe voodoo can so easily kill a believer.

So anyone have any advice or answers or opinions that might help me. If so thank you very much.

Trust in yourself. dont go down the road that you are going nuts. Imagining things. It may be the case of course. Anything is possible. You've been through a lot already, but trusting yourself, beleiving in yourself is a key.

the warmest of wishes

Wayne
    fluugy
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Is it possible to use the power of reiki to do harm? Empty thank you for your response regarding my confusion about the reiki

Post by fluugy Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:40 pm

For me it is a mystery why this man seemed to fall in love with me so quickly and these were not just words as is so common on the internet. Of course hindsight is 20 20 and had i been more careful and less trusting i never would have taken him up on his offer of leaving my entire life behind never having met this man but he was so convincing and in so many ways seemed to prove that his love for me was totally sincere. I mean he spent a fortune sending for me getting this apartment and on top of that he informed me he had been married for 35 years and the past 25 of those years his wife he said refused to have any intimacy with him not even touching or kissing. They had two grown children who were doing well. For the sake of the children they had kept up a facade of a happy marriage to their children and their friends but according to him they led completely separate lives and lived as brother and sister and not as husband and wife. His wife showed no interest in him and vice versa for decades he had a once a month sex relationship with a woman that was according to him not a love relationship but simply a way to release his sexual needs as minimal as that was. His wife he made aware of this very long term one a month sex relationship and this was fine with her.

The thing that finally proved to me that this man was serious is that he informed his wife he was leaving her forever to be with me whom he told her was the love of his life. She did say that he would always be there for his wife should she become ill or other emergency but he had ceased loving her decades ago but felt it his responsibility to be of assistance if she needed him for as i said some illness not that he would move back with her just that he felt responsible that she not be left with no support should she become ill. Then his daughter wrote him and told him she had lost all respect for him for leaving her mother for some other woman and at this point i told him i would not be coming to be with him as no way would i be able to stand the guilt i would feel for my responsibility in destroying his relationship with his daughter he loved. He told me not to worry that he knew his daughter and everything would be fine as he informed his daughter that he was a man and i dont know exactly what he said to her but obviously something having to do with his wife not allowing him to have what is supposed to be a normal part of marriage and she was not ill she just refused him sex.

And our relationship was never really meant primarily as a way for him to simply satisfy his lack of sex...once again although sure sex would be a part of our relationship but never was it meant to be the primary reason we wished to be together. Our love seemed to be of a higher level than sex and the fact that neighter of us had had anyone showing us care and concern for a very long time these were primary for both of us. i did not feel guilty or as a homewrecker i trusted she had amble support and in no way was he abandoning her not in any way he would continue with his financial obligations etc i even spoke with his wife once on skype when she came in and found us skyping and she seemed very much ok with the whole thing. She is American and we had many things in common and as strange as it seems we got along great even hinting that we would become friends.

I do not know what went wrong but he never even touched me in an intimate way not once in six months. Sex is not that big a deal for me but it seemed very strange thatthis man who told me i was the love of his life did not wish to even touch me not any part of my anatomy although he constantly told me he loved me more than anyone. this was most confusing and also i found insulting and this made me angry. I did not fight but very quickly little things he callled fights began which he blamed on me. this were so silly like i would be writing an important email and so focused on wrting and he would accuse me of ignoring him.Or once i took a showerand then decided to clean the apt and he told me no one cleans an apt after taking a shower and i was trying to make him feel guilty for what i dont know by cleaning after a shower which of course was ridiculous. other equally silly things annoyed him and he called these things fights that i had started. He told me that he had not in 35 years of living with his wife ever had so much as an argument which i found impossible to believe.

Then he told me that he could not stand the fights and he was moving back with his wife at the end of the lease wich was in 4 months.i then learned that he had lied to me when he told me the apt he rented was only available for 6 months that it was available indefinitely and he had told me after six months we would find a permanent apt.So i started putting two and two together.As he also told me no way could he afford two apartnebts soobviously fights or no fights he never could have afforded to remain with me. So then i started to wonder if this six month vacation from his wife was his way of being able to find a substitute for his wife whom he was afraid of so he could after 35 years be able to blow of some steam and treat me in such a horrible and insulting fashion the way he wished he had the guts to traat his wife. I began to think about it and i decided he had targeted me well a very vulnerable woman who spoke not his language with no family no money no way to defend myself and if i ever tried to report him i would not be believed.

I could not afford to leave i had the money for an air tik home but not enough money to rent an apartment. He promised if i stayed till the lease was up he would pay my way home if i paid half the rent as he would be getting a huge deposiit back.This turned out to be a lie.Once the lease was up he informed mehe had not the money to pay my way back.i did not know what to do. As weird as it sounds we still did this wonderful reiki in bed and this was the only time we got along but it was so wonderful. He told me he wanted me to stay and he would see me at least two or theee tiems a week.He said he would get me an apt near him. I went out and got a kitten that i loved.he informs me he cant afford this apt so i end up moving into a small room and am told i cannot have my kitten so i tell him i wont take the room.Hetells me he callled the landlady and she tells him i can have my kitten. so i take the room then landlady informs me that she told him i must allow my kitten outside i never allow my kittens outise as everyone i have allowed out has been killed by a car. This woman says if i dont allow my kitten out she will toss me out and i have no where to go. so i let mykitten out and two days later she is killed by a car.i hate myselfand i hate this womab and thisman comes over and i do touch him but no kisses anymore instaadl a handshake and a thank you as one does with a whore.no escape i cannot get home the us consulate will not fly me home and no close friends do i have. I end up leaving this town and goiing to another town and after all my money is gone i am homeless for the first time of my life.Living on the streets.freezing to death no money sometimes spending the night at homeless shelter lost everything i owned.only contact is with this man no money on my cell but he can call me.he tells me he has no money to help me so obviously this we will live together forever was a load of bullshit and there was never any love.i finally was able to get the us consulate cash a govt check i receive as a pension from my late husband and fly me home. i do not know why i am still in touch with this man other than the reiki felt so good .The super stress i have b een under now for nearly a year with no emotional support whatsoever i think it is a miracle i am not totally insane or dead. he now says he loves his wife and he is now a happily married man who although he still cares for me his family whom when i met him he coudntn care less aboutis of primary concern.He also informed me thhat that womam he had a once a month sex relationship when he informed her last november he was dumping her for me had a total psychotic break and has been hospitalized ever since and has lost almost 70 lbs. he came very close to driving me insane ifhe has not alrady.I have been so severely damaged and believe me i have been through more trials than most in my life but i didnt know what suffering was till this happened.so whats with this mans reiki is he likely using reiki to destroy and sincd he is 59 i find it hard to believe i am the second and that there have not been many other victims of his over the years and i wont be the lAst the reason i say this belongs on this forum isi would never have ever fallen for him no way in hell if it had not been for the reiki he did on me and how it was the thing that was the onlu thing that made him irresistible to me.
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Is it possible to use the power of reiki to do harm? Empty Re: Is it possible to use the power of reiki to do harm?

Post by LuvSoulJah Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:25 am

Hi Fluugy,

I'm not sure, maybe I missed something here...You mentioned you were sharing energy. Are you also aReiki practitioner, and if so, was it Reiki that you were practicing with this person or were you using Remote influencing techniques? Or both?.

Of course it goes without saying that one should never use RI to negatively influence someone. This would most likely not only cause another harm but also u in the long or short run.

What your RI instructor may have failed to mention is that there is another danger in using RI techniques on people. And that is the danger of entrainment. Once you connect with another person using RI techniques their personality and emotions can entrain your own. I would highly advise against using RI on anybody for this reason.

Also another thing to consider is how clear a Reiki channel was this person considering he had developed such strong feelings towards you.

Wayne mentioned above that during remote Reiki sessions we are not exactly giving or sharing anything... not sure if I understand this correctly then. But in this case it would seem like we are creating a channel for Reiki specifically for the recipient to access if he/she so wills. Of course this could be true, although I can't say there is any evidence for this... So we can only speculate. If it were so then there should not be any danger at all or anything to consider or even permission to be asked in creating this channel for someone. Because it would be entirely up to the person to participate and without their knowledge of it, could they participate?

I came across something recently which caught my attention... now I don't know if this information or it's source (Ashayana Deane) is to be trusted or even taken seriously, I personally dont know the woman, but the first time I heard of her and saw her give an interview on a video my gut told me she wasn't trustworthy, but everyone should form their own opinion. I any case the information presented is worth consideration: Accoriding to "Keylenotic science/Kathara":

OUTSIDE ACTIVATION & REMOTE HEALING

For eons we have become used to feeling disempowered and looking outside of ourselves for help, easily believing that we cannot clear these distortions ourselves or activate our own DNA. We have historically been taught to think we need others to heal us. In fact, lasting healing can only be accomplished through our OWN EFFORTS, and an intrinsic part of the activation process involves understanding this. The more we learn to take back control over our lives, the more our frequency levels increase and the greater our DNA activation.

There are also dangers associated with looking to others for assistance. The same forces that caused the original distortions in our templates are still at play, requiring discernment on our part in our healing process. As the final stages of the SAC approach the stakes have gotten higher, with increased efforts being made to keep Angelic Humans and Indigos unaware of what has happened to us. When we ask others for healing our auric fields automatically open up, not just to the healer but also to possible outside interference, providing opportunities for infiltration and manipulation—and further distortions.

These dangers can increase exponentially through remote healing, which takes place primarily in the 4th Dimensional astral level. No matter how many DNA sub-strands the healer or client has assembled—and no matter how high the person's potential for activation may be—without full strand activation they are no match for the interference currently found at the astral level. And full activation is not possible before 2012–17. Not only can DNA Codes be altered with Holographic Inserts during a remote healing session, but they can actually be reversed as well.

And lastly, weather you are a Reiki practitioner or not there are a few tools that can be used to transmute negative energies and for protection. Here I would recommend orgone devices, a stone called schungit found in russia but available online... Salts like Wayne mentioned above and also sage is very good.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Ben
    fluugy
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by fluugy Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:36 am

To be perfectly honest i know next to nothing about what reiki is all about. I know of one person who is very conservative and does not usually go in for anything but traditional medicine to assist her with any health issue. However after decades of horrible allergies and having seen dozens of medical doctors this woman happened upon an acquaintance whom it turned out was a reiki master and after just one reiki session and i havent a clue how that session was done but i do know that since having this one session this woman's allergies have stopped and this was about five years ago. Now this success story has not changed this woman into someone who has now become a believer in alternative medicine. All she will say is that reiki worked for her and he has does not know why it worked but it worked and that is that.

This man who i have reason to believe may be using reiki to cause harm apparently healed his wife's horse of a cancerous tumor and i have no reason to believe this is not true. The vets had given up on this horse and after this man performing reiki on the horse the tumor is gone and the horse is fine and this happened several years ago.

Once when i was involved with RI my cat when i awoke seemed to be just a minute from death. I know what death looks like in cats and this cat of mine was almost dead his eyes were totally glased his body was limp and almost lifeless his tongue was protruding just like another cat i had that died on the way to the vet. At first i started crying called my best friend sobbing and thinking where will i buy a shovel and where will i bury him i was that sure. Then all of a sudden i got very calm and i began stoking my cat. I then got up and went to my bed and decided to listen to this RI CD and not think anything but happy and joyful thoughts for the next 45 minutes and i thought to myself that by the end of that cd either my cat would be dead or would be fine and i did not even think of my beloved cat i simply remained calm and great joy and happiness overcame me. When the cd ended i got up and as i got near my cat he began to try to stand and he then staggered over to my bed and for just a moment i thought to myself he was going under the bed to die privately but i immediately put that thought out of my mind and instead went and got a plate of food and some water and placed those things under the bed and my cat began to eat and drink and i felt good about that. Within a half hour or so my cat had jumped up on the bed and i just chose not to think about my cat but rather i had some chores to do around my apt ahd was not thinking of my cat. Within a few hours my cat who i do not exaggerte should have been dead was as good as new and remained so for at least 3 more years when he i noticed seem to start failing and when this happened i just would stroke my cat and feel enegy coming from me to my cat and he would be ok again. Finally none of my dfforts worked and he died.But whatever i did i am convinced with no training of any kind i healed and saved my cat.

A person who i had a falling out with i believed effectively used RI on me and it made all the difference in the way i was feeling as i have a serious medical condition that keeps me constantly feeling i have a bad case of the flu but when this man helped me i felt just fine.When i fell out of favor with him i felt so awful and i am certain he was the cause. Now i have no contact with this man and he either does not ri me or i just have taken all my control back but i feel no better and no worse.
    This reiki master who is the subject of this thread i feel that most of the time he has improved the way i feel. But lately i really have not felt him but i have felt awful.

So i do not know if he is using reiki or if the love that flowed back and forth through skype for two hours each day and was not meant to heal anything but simply was something he admitted he had never done with anyone else and from when we started it it just seemed to come to both of us to do this to just close our eyes and to be totally silent and send energy the most loving energy with intent to each other and it was a most beautiful thing the most beautiful thing i have ever experienced and he said he felt the same way. The only other time we both experienced this immediately was when we would be lying in bed and just be cuddling and snuggling and nothing sexual but nothing could compare with the love that we felt for each other and we could be hating each other all day but when we got into bed this was our haven from such ugliness and damage we did and felt for each other. I am trying to find a super experienced reiki master who can explain this if anyone can point me in the right direction i would be most grateful.

fluugy
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:06 am

Ok, this is just my opinion, but I think you're on your own on this one. IMO I dont think any Reiki Master, not even Usui himself could explain this to you any better than you yourself have already done in your last post. To me this seems like classic withdrawal symptoms and a lil love sickness. I think you have all the answers yourself.
    LuvSoulJah
    LuvSoulJah

Post by LuvSoulJah Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:54 am

It might be an idea to look for a good Reiki master/teacher all the same though, maybe not to have this explained to you, but to learn Reiki yourself and maybe get involved in Reiki shares. Something else you could try is tapping into that "pure love" (or uncondititional love) as you called it, that you were sharing with this person and without anyone in particular in mind just sending that out to the universe... See what happens...

all the best
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:57 am

Hi Fluugy.

Wow, you have certainly shared a lot about the situation, and with good reason--it seems to have bothered you to a strong degree.

A part of me really wants to support what LuvSoulJah said, but with a slight addition... I strongly feel that, based on everything you have shared, that the best course of action for you to take IF you are interested in exploring Reiki further is for you to take a live, in-person class.

The online distance experience of Reiki can be very nice. I'm certain that there are many who have experienced truly wonderful and transformative healings and will gladly testify to such... I am among those--but in spite of those results and beautiful experiences, there is no substitute for attending a class or workshop in person.

My strictly personal opinion is that it is best for anyone interested in exploring or learning Reiki to take a class that takes a long time to complete. Weekend workshops, like the distance Reiki experience, are great and transformative, but they do not necessarily provide for the longer-term support of the attendee (student) when spiritual changes begin to occur.

Attending a Reiki Level One class in person that takes a few months to complete, in my opinion, is best.

You can continue to reach out in forums seeking advice, but you will get so many diverse responses that it will be very difficult and even confusing to begin figuring out what is best for you. However, connecting in-person to one or more Reiki practitioners will help you gain a better understanding of what the Reiki experience is or can be, and you may even make a few new friends along the way.

I hope that everything works out for you.

Love & Light,
    Buck

chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:40 am

LuvSoulJah wrote:Ok, this is just my opinion, but I think you're on your own on this one. IMO I dont think any Reiki Master, not even Usui himself could explain this to you any better than you yourself have already done in your last post. To me this seems like classic withdrawal symptoms and a lil love sickness. I think you have all the answers yourself.

Luvsouljah. you know you might be right, sometimes
    we do have the answer to our problems, but we're
    hoping someone can help us move through the thought
    process. When our thoughts get stuck Reiki can help
    us relax and begin to think clearer so we can work
    through our up's/down's. It does take time to sort
    out what's in our best interest. sunny
    fluugy
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Post by fluugy Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:36 pm

you know since i got interested in such things associated with the apiritualabout five years ago i have over and over again been destroyed by 3 different so called highly enlightened people who all 3 at first seemed so kind and wise and caring and it was as if i was being given the most precious gifts from the universe and it also seemed i had been starving for this new learning all my life. without exception all 3 two of them platonic relationships but i so much trusted all of them and sadly all 3 od them seemed to enjoy preying on my pure trusting them and in the end all three did monstrous things to me as i shared my avulnerabilities with all of them and they all did their best to distroy me in all ways i am not interested in any thing ever again having to do with what i so beleved was so beautiful and true for i now feel that my getting involved with these people who obviously meqnt to intentionqlly hARM ME FOR REASONS I DO NOT CARE ALL I WANT IS TO RUN NOT WALK AS FAST AND AS FAR FROM SUCH PEOPLE AND I THOUGHT ORGANOIZED RELIGION WAS BAD AAND IT IS BUT NEVER BUT THESW THREE HEALERS Dmagedcme to the point that i now pray for death and pRAY THAT DEath is death .
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Hi Fluugy,
    Spirituality doesn't meake people 'bad'. People are the way people are. Irrespective of what other 'labels' they or anyone else places on them. I'd say that anyone regarding themselves, or indeed claiming, that they are highly enlightened - is most likely not.

Reiki certainly doesn't make one that way. not an automatic given i assume at any rate. We just have another perspective. No better or no worse than anyone else.

I'm sure you dont mind me asking. You had your experience with a Reiki person. Have your opinions on religion & indeed healers. This being a Reiki forum. A spiritual/healing themed place. Is there anything further I solely as a member, can help with? On the face of it, it seems you really dont fit in here. That in itself has me curious. That maybe you're meant to be here. So, what is it you want from the Reiki Learning Lounge?

warmest of wishes
    Wayne
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:01 am

Fluug, no one can harm you, unless you let them.
    Reiki or other alternatives help you support a
    healthy lifestyle where you are in charge of
    making life decisions to keep yourself safe. Is it possible to use the power of reiki to do harm? 158903
    LightBody
    LightBody
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by LightBody Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:31 am

Hi Fluugy.

Based on your post and the time zone you set in your profile, I feel compelled to refer you the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.

The toll-free telephone number is 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255).

The website is: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

There are other suicide prevention resources that can be found on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) located at http://www.samhsa.gov/prevention/suicide.aspx.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:15 am