Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+9
rzukic
Dharma
whiteeagle
papakeri
Rlei_ki
Lambs-Wool
Reikijim
Thaak
Milarepa
13 posters

Reiki can do no harm?

Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Reiki can do no harm? Empty Reiki can do no harm?

Post by Milarepa Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:52 am

(Split from 'What is Reiki', in 'Reiki General' section).

Although this deserves a topic in itself, my above views also lead me to feel, that in essence Reiki can't do any harm. Well, at least, intention-wise. What are your views Andy?

take care
    Wayne

Last edited by Milarepa on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Thaak
    Thaak

Reiki can do no harm? Empty Re: Reiki can do no harm?

Post by Thaak Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:25 am

I would agree with that Wayne.

of course my full view of this has modified a bit considering my current shamanic training, but on the surface, I would agree completely with this.

The long view is this:

Energy is energy. It is neither positive or negative, good or bad, or anything of the sort. Its just energy.

The other aspect of what I'm learning, is that the world unfolds perfectly.Even if in consensual reality our preferences and prejudices indicate that a happening was negative or positive. Even the most horrendous of occurrences is another aspect of the world unfolding perfectly.

Of course as we follow the path, the responsibility to use our power wisely rises. Because of the butterfly affect, so to speak.

Additionally, the manipulation of energy (Reiki is a tool to manipulate energy) can be used to harm people. Of course to do so would be considered “black magic”.

So with all that said, as we grow in our personal power (our ability to be one with all that is and our ability to manipulate energy), our wisdom will concurrently grow (or we would hope so anyways.) I personally would find it incredibly hard, if not impossible, to follow the path I’m on if I had ambition big enough to use energy manipulation for harm or personal gain.

Really, most of this conversation doesn’t really have much to do with the question you asked or the point you raised.

When you sit with your own divinity, and within that stillness, that act of non-doing, you transmit your own divinity outwardly for others to entrain and recognize their own divinity and thus heal themselves. This essentially transcends the need for Reiki as a tool. And our own divinity is not going to harm someone else’s divinity. Our intent isn’t to project anything at anyone, but rather use the art of transmission through an act of non-doing. This allows healing to happen around us, because essentially we are just sitting with ourselves.

We can affect change in the world around us through an act of non-doing. This is the art of transmission. The act of non-doing in your example is sitting with your own divinity.

But we all needed our journey through the attunement, practice and protocols of Reiki (or other energy methodologies) to get to the philosophy you just indicated above: the sitting with your own divinity.

But Reiki can cause no harm, because it doesn’t activate unless you intend for it to come for healing purposes. It simply doesn’t do anything if you choose to use it for harm or for selfish purposes. If anyone says they have been able to use Reiki for harm, then they weren’t using Reiki. They were manipulating energy in another way and just called it Reiki.
    Reikijim
    Reikijim

Post by Reikijim Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:09 am

Hi,

Nice post...very well said and in line with my own beliefs , for what it`s worth... Smile

Smile RJ
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Reiki can do no harm? Empty reiki can do no harm, realities plus myth, integrated package!

Post by Lambs-Wool Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:42 pm

Wyne, Andy

over some time, experience prompts me to say that reiki is not received from outside... it is like something radiating from within, and then moving across all areas of the body...

i still doubt if reiki emanates from the hands of the practitioner, rather what i have felt is that reiki triggers the self-reiki of the receipient... so what the receipient receives is mostly a self-generation phenomenon...meaning ? that he does not receive reiki, but a 'command' that activates reiki within him / her...

on this premise, i m in complete agreement of mind wiht the concept that if we dont give ourselves into the belief otherwise, reiki does not lead us to any harm... and nor we take up bad energies within the treatment sessions....

we hardly need any protection during the sessions, since we are not giving reiki, but to ourselves, and the receipient receives hardly more than the command that works for him/her in activating the reiki generation/working within him..

so it might be quite meaningful to say, that mine reiki is mine, yours is just yours, and to say that reiki is universal across all, is a thought that might require a revisit...

reiki is quite invidualistic, i must say... and it sometimes is quite so unique that it leads some people to experience an 'invidualized' version of feeling God next Smile

in one way, reiki is energy since it triggers something in others, but in other ways, it is more than energy, it is the notion of divine presence within all ov us!!

take care

salman
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:22 pm

Lambs-Wool wrote:Wyne, Andy

over some time, experience prompts me to say that reiki is not received from outside... it is like something radiating from within, and then moving across all areas of the body...

i still doubt if reiki emanates from the hands of the practitioner, rather what i have felt is that reiki triggers the self-reiki of the receipient... so what the receipient receives is mostly a self-generation phenomenon...meaning ? that he does not receive reiki, but a 'command' that activates reiki within him / her...

on this premise, i m in complete agreement of mind wiht the concept that if we dont give ourselves into the belief otherwise, reiki does not lead us to any harm... and nor we take up bad energies within the treatment sessions....

we hardly need any protection during the sessions, since we are not giving reiki, but to ourselves, and the receipient receives hardly more than the command that works for him/her in activating the reiki generation/working within him..

so it might be quite meaningful to say, that mine reiki is mine, yours is just yours, and to say that reiki is universal across all, is a thought that might require a revisit...

reiki is quite invidualistic, i must say... and it sometimes is quite so unique that it leads some people to experience an 'invidualized' version of feeling God next Smile

in one way, reiki is energy since it triggers something in others, but in other ways, it is more than energy, it is the notion of divine presence within all ov us!!

take care

salman

Well said Salman.

You essentially speak of Namaste: The light within me recognizes the light within you.
    Rlei_ki
    Rlei_ki
    Senior member/Forum Promoter
    Senior member/Forum Promoter

Reiki can do no harm? Empty Reiki can do no harm

Post by Rlei_ki Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:47 am

Perhaps before we can agree with or disagree with the statement "Reiki can do no harm", we need to be clear as to the context in which the statement was originally intended.

I feel that originally, rather having any connotation of the possibility of intentionally using Reiki for 'dark' purposes, the statement, "Reiki can do no harm" simply meant that a Reiki treatment would not have any negative impact on the presenting ailments of the individual receiving treatment - that at very least, a Reiki treatment would not make things worse, and, in most cases would bring varying degrees of improvement.

Now if we are using the statement outside of this context, what do we mean by the word "harm"?

and if "Reiki can do no harm" - do we take this to mean "Reiki can do no harm to any one or any thing"

To whom or what is Reiki harmless?

If Reiki assists an individual to overcome a viral or bacteriological infection which, prior to intervention with Reiki, the individual's bodily defenses were failing to eradicate - would it not be fair to say that Reiki was (perhaps indirectly?) responsible for causing harm to the bacteria or viruses - which are, afterall, living organisms?

And if Reiki can be seen to cause harm to a living organism, albeit submicroscopic in the case of a virus; how far can we take this?

If we apply Reiki treatment to deal with intestinal parasites such as Nematodes (round worms) or Cestodes (tapeworms) etc.; is not Reiki at least assisting in the destruction of these lifeforms?

Is there a 'cut-off point' at which Reiki ceases to cause harm to a living entity?

perhaps Reiki can do no harm to sentient life?

then again, different cultures, philosophies and individuals have differing views as to what is or is not sentient...

Neutral
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:27 am

Good points James. I've been trying since yesterday (unsuccesfully) to somehow amend the topic title. Namely with a '?'. Both in the admin & Mod section i can't seem to be able to.

A close freind & I have this same kinda discussion about being Vegetarian. He's veggie from a viewpoint he doesn't like harming animals. We've spoke about such things as when he drives, and a fly hits his windshield. Or when they clean their kitchen, how many millions of organisms are killed, etc.

I read in a spiritiual book once (actually my first ever spiritual book i read), about a guy being amazed seeing his Aikido teacher sittign down to eat a Mcdonalds with his family. Also, i've heard it said that the Dalai Lama eats meat. Something to do with where he was from, and his diet there, dunno how true that is. Even so, if we look at Tibetans in general, the land is quite barren for most of the year. I havn't checked it out thoroughly, but i feel they couldn't survive on vegatables alone.

There does seem to be 'gray areas' in the subject you've raised, and it's a worthwhile subject to discuss. Like you're possibly alluding too, where is the line drawn. Within a spiritual path such as Reiki, is it acceptable to attempt to heal a cold, for instance? What if one had cancer, which is after all alive and a growth. And, if we can't use Reiki for treating such things, just exactly where does that leave Reiki in it's 'healing modality' mode? Are we ok to get conventional treatment for these things, and not use Reiki. Or, should we not attempt to do anything, that may actually harm us? All rhetorical questions, hehe.

Best i can come up with, fwiw, is like most things, if we do it from a compassionate nature, perhaps it's a start.

Great new perspective on this topic, many thanks!

Take care
    Wayne
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:49 am

those are both very good points.

I would rebut though, that Reiki isn't doing anything. All it is doing is helping the client or recipient to remember how to heal. It is an energy with a very high divine vibrational frequency, that when a client comes into contact with it, their body begins to remember its own internal balance, its own connection to the vibrational divinity that is within.

As such, Reiki isn't causing harm, directly or indirectly. A person who has a microbial infection or illness of some sort is essentially out of balance. The lack of balance is either a result of, or the catalyst for, the existence of the microbial. So when the person brings their own self back into balance, the microbial no longer has a place to thrive, and so it leaves. It transfers back into energy and moves on somewhere else.

The same can be said for eating animals. If you retain a reciprocal exchange relationship with the world around you, then the energy of the animal is essentially sacrificed by the animal for your survival. That's a shamanistic view anyways.

Andy
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:11 am

Excellant alternate view Andy!
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Reiki can do no harm? Empty Reiki can do no harm, some revisits of the word 'harm'

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:22 pm

Wyne, your sentence somewhere on bebo perhaps, echoing with me "if reiki does no harm, ask bacteria, hehe"

and exactly that thought invited by revered James in a wonderfuly, layman's understandable, way!

as a general comment, i would go with Andy that reiki perhaps restores balance, and in doing so, it may 'restrict' proliferation to non-harmful zones, instead of destroying the cause of non-profileration per se...

well, to me, the question raises many further offshoots not specifically linked with treatments or healing... and these are essentially the questions of our own identity...

in assuming that reiki kills or restricts bacteria or pathogens, we have a clear view that these are aliens to our bodies, but are they always ! ??

what we are ourselves, by the way, how would we define ourselves as one organic whole... what is ours, and what is from external world ? what constitutes the real us ? blood, flesh, bones, etc. or that these are just some 'necessary arrangements' to make us appearing on physical realm only ?

i might be astraying from topic, but before we define if anything goes bad when we eat meat, we have to define what is the identity of life within bodies, and then outside bodies !! it is quite possible that while slaughtering animals for our food, we are not taking their lives, provided we have some other working definition of life, or alternatively, have some well look view of their sentinence!

this is just something that pops up when we have to answer questions like James' and Wynes' !

take care

salman
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi Salman,

Lambs-Wool wrote:Wyne, your sentence somewhere on bebo perhaps, echoing with
    ...as a general comment, i would go with Andy that reiki perhaps restores balance, and in doing so, it may 'restrict' proliferation to non-harmful zones, instead of destroying the cause of non-profileration per se...

Valid point. Does it merely 'restrict' though? Or is it that we'd prefer to only openely admit that, and not the other, that Reiki can in fact destroy other organisms. :-) .

Lambs-Wool wrote:
    in assuming that reiki kills or restricts bacteria or pathogens, we have a clear view that these are aliens to our bodies, but are they always ! ??

For sure, we do have some organisms within our body that are actually helpful to us. Such as bacteria in our stomach.

take care
    Wayne
    papakeri
    papakeri

Post by papakeri Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:30 pm

Milarepa wrote:Hi Salman,

Lambs-Wool wrote:Wyne, your sentence somewhere on bebo perhaps, echoing with
    ...as a general comment, i would go with Andy that reiki perhaps restores balance, and in doing so, it may 'restrict' proliferation to non-harmful zones, instead of destroying the cause of non-profileration per se...

Valid point. Does it merely 'restrict' though? Or is it that we'd prefer to only openely admit that, and not the other, that Reiki can in fact destroy other organisms. :-) .

Lambs-Wool wrote:

For sure, we do have some organisms within our body that are actually helpful to us. Such as bacteria in our stomach.

take care
    Wayne

I have to wonder if, extending Salman's point, it is more a question of whether we are quite so certain where "I" ends, and "not-I" begins? Is there truly a boundary line?

Love and Light,

Garry
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:34 pm

Very, very, good point!
    whiteeagle
    whiteeagle
    Newbie/Forum Promoter
    Newbie/Forum Promoter

Reiki can do no harm? Empty Simplicity........

Post by whiteeagle Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi friends,

Reiki is Universal Life Force Energy. Everything in the Universe is made up of energy. Everything! To be able to open oneself to Reiki takes attunement. Once attuned, one can ask for the highest good of the recipient receiving Reiki. Reiki goes where it is needed according to the recipients "health" needs in their Life path. I have yet to see or hear of Life Force Energy in any form be controlled, manipulated, or cause harm.
    In my humble opinion, to be able to get "myself" out of the way for Reiki, is the highest form of respect I can show in "good medicine work", to a force of healing that really is beyond explanation, because of the miraculous healings that can and do occur.
    We all must ask on a daily basis....... "What is my intention with the gifts I am given".
    Reiki can do no harm, people can.......

May All spirits be Blessed

White Eagle
    Thaak
    Thaak

Post by Thaak Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:55 am

whiteeagle wrote:
    We all must ask on a daily basis....... "What is my intention with the gifts I am given".
    Reiki can do no harm, people can.......

May All spirits be Blessed

White Eagle

And that is the crux of it all I believe. Especially when one starts to gain the personal power and ability to manipulate energy as just energy and not with the tools of various different healing systems.

Because, without a doubt, those adept at manipulating energy, can use it to harm other folks (called black magic by some.)

Very nice posting White Eagle!
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Rlei_ki wrote:

If we apply Reiki treatment to deal with intestinal parasites such as Nematodes (round worms) or Cestodes (tapeworms) etc.; is not Reiki at least assisting in the destruction of these lifeforms?

Is there a 'cut-off point' at which Reiki ceases to cause harm to a living entity?

perhaps Reiki can do no harm to sentient life?

then again, different cultures, philosophies and individuals have differing views as to what is or is not sentient...

Neutral
    It would be my experience and belief that any type of healing would not work against any creature; you can not destruct one soul to save another. As we send healing to the host will the energy not flow to those that live within that soul, which perhaps brings the question should those suffering with such conditions be channeled healing or sit deeply within our prayers.
    The other aspect is if it were possible what would be the karmic repercussions for not the channel but the energy itself, the light will always walk in the light.
    rzukic
    rzukic
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by rzukic Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:06 am

I believe that vast majority of the people would understand this question rather as if there was any known side effect of Reiki practice and as much as I am concerned only known side effect of Reiki practice is healing. I like to think of Reiki healing this way: Reiki is to the healing what Oxygen is to the fire.

I have to admit that I have never heard about Reiki being used to harm people. If Reiki is the highest vibration and pure love in its nature with intelligence that surpasses one that humans posses, wouldn't it be thinkable that Reiki would rather transform the “manipulator” before lettingg itself be manipulated?!

Thank You all for great insight
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Reiki can do no harm? 63216

This is an interesting thought.scratch
    I like it. Reiki can do no harm? 850837

wouldn't it be thinkable that Reiki would rather transform the “manipulator” before letting itself be manipulated?!
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:45 pm

rzukic wrote: wouldn't it be thinkable that Reiki would rather transform the “manipulator” before lettingg itself be manipulated?!

Sadly i dont think it does Transform in a light that we may deam positive, Reiki will flow to where it is most needed but much like a mother preganat with a child the energy will flow to the child. i recently lost my beloved dog to leishmania a disease similiar to aids, it is contracted through the bite of a sandfly, protozoan parasites live in the animal, i channeled to my dog many times a week, her sprit was amazing she could run in the mountains, chase mice.... the more i channeled the more her divine enrgy beacme stronger, but sadly now in reflection i see that as her spirit beacme stronger so did the dis ease, the creatures inside her where eating from the inside out, she became very quickly blind incontent the list is endless, i can see now that whilst i was healing her sprit i was also sending life force to those living in her, i have since spent much time meditaing over this and researching, my conclusion is simple i know for sure i would never channel to a soul with the same or similar condition, sometimes the greatest lessons are the most painful.
    with much love and light
    Lambs-Wool
    Lambs-Wool
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Lambs-Wool Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:01 pm

We have two very interesting thoughts springing up in this thread lately Smile

a good food for thought for everybody in continum of our wonder that how the hell reiki works Smile

rzukic wrote:
    I have to admit that I have never heard about Reiki being used to harm people. If Reiki is the highest vibration and pure love in its nature with intelligence that surpasses one that humans posses, wouldn't it be thinkable that Reiki would rather transform the “manipulator” before lettingg itself be manipulated?!

apart from the factual position of these words, i can readily feel the love in them, and reflection of how beautiful a soul can be, is so evident!

it takes a new chapter in the thread to discuss... if we (in theory) raise the status of reiki to such a padestal that it can transform the evil nature of people wishing to do harm using it, it would be taken as a big, very big, generalization... if i take a broader analogy, may i say that if we wish and make a prayer for the harm of our enemies, then instead of harm reaching them, our own nature gets changed in the process ? not directing at your beautiful words, but just trying to analyze it with common logic ( not so common with me tbh Smile )

(the concept of prayer was used to make the nearest possible comparison with reiki)

if we go not only by the reiki energy, but with the beauty of reiki percepts, then we can somehow include your concept in the mainstream, in so far as, when we recite and live the percepts, we gradually acquire a personality where we dont wish to 'change' things, rather surrender to destinies and will of God, and believe that whatever happens, has a final good outcome too, whether direct or indirect...

so the said 'transformation' may occur along the lines that the manipulator gives up his manipulation, since he has now seen the reality in bigger scenario...

just my little two cents bro Smile!

Dharma wrote:
    i can see now that whilst i was healing her sprit i was also sending life force to those living in her, i have since spent much time meditaing over this and researching, my conclusion is simple i know for sure i would never channel to a soul with the same or similar condition.......

sad to hear the tale Sad

yes, painful lessons are also very eye-opening too...

the concept floated through this whole episode is a new one.. if we give reiki to somebody, are we really feeding the harmful bacteria, pathogens, too ? that is difficult to affirm...

life of many here depends on the life of another 'being used up'.... we eat cereals, plants, vegetables, nourish ourselves but on the same time end up the life in those creatures... the life of one is assured only when the life of the other is slain.... thats how nature operates....

we are dependent on other creatures, everyone is.. that is the scheme of universe.. and there is of course a food chain feeding every creature on its place... giving up life means giving life to another..

healing is no different than the scheme of universe... if we go the proposition you have floated, we can rearrange the thoughts bit differently too Smile lets say, for example, if reiki envigorates the pathogens and bacteria too, then on the same time it envigorates our WBC's and our lymphatic system too (quite manifold indeed) so the net result is that the 'strengthened pathogens' are eaten up by 'more strengthened up' immune cells which seem to either eat up those pathogens or engulf them to extinction...

so reiki 'indirectly' helps us killing the bacteria Smile and this confirms to our general notion that reiki does not 'directly' do harm to anyone Smile !!

ever thought that if you'd not been giving reiki to the pour soul, had'nt he left you even quite more earlier ?

just i m thinking!

take care

salman
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:07 am

Dharma wrote:
    rzukic wrote: wouldn't it be thinkable that Reiki would rather transform the “manipulator” before lettingg itself be manipulated?!

Sadly i dont think it does Transform in a light that we may deam positive, Reiki will flow to where it is most needed but much like a mother preganat with a child the energy will flow to the child. i recently lost my beloved dog to leishmania a disease similiar to aids, it is contracted through the bite of a sandfly, protozoan parasites live in the animal, i channeled to my dog many times a week, her sprit was amazing she could run in the mountains, chase mice.... the more i channeled the more her divine enrgy beacme stronger, but sadly now in reflection i see that as her spirit beacme stronger so did the dis ease, the creatures inside her where eating from the inside out, she became very quickly blind incontent the list is endless, i can see now that whilst i was healing her sprit i was also sending life force to those living in her, i have since spent much time meditaing over this and researching, my conclusion is simple i know for sure i would never channel to a soul with the same or similar condition, sometimes the greatest lessons are the most painful.
    with much love and light

Darhma, sorry to hear your dog
    passed over. I had a similar
    experience with my dog. I made
    the mistake of giving him Reiki
    to heal him. Instead of giving
    him Reiki for his higest good.

It could be said that Reiki-ing a
    person with a Dis-ease would futher
    feed the dis-ease. Give more life to
    tumors. Tumors feed of the person. I
    had to work on removing cancer cells,
    and find a way to starve them. My
    solution was to alkalize my system and
    remove the acidity that feeds parisites/tumors.
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:21 am

Lambs wool

The energy is divine it will not discriminate or indeed distinguish from one soul to another, a soul that has lived a heavenly existence will not be channeled more light because of it, as apposed to a soul that has much to learn with a harsh and painful path, the energy does not distinguish between that which we consider good or bad,
    The energy would not discriminate against the souls that are living in another for they may also be need of much love and light.
    It is very Normal for an animal to have contracted lieshmania to live a full and happy life for many years perhaps with only a few years been taken of their life. JoJo only lived for 13 months after contracting the dis ease, she had exactly the same treatment as all others, she had three different vets, whilst the treatment never cures the condition it serves to control it so that animal may live a normal life.

just more note...I have never seen an auric field like this in my life when I see an aura it is normal for me to see a few colors, indicating many things but JoJo carried with her at times an aura of white, green, and black, not a combination I have ever seen before or heard of anyone else seeing. The healing brought "her" truly alive but also I fear speeded up the process of her passing. But off course I may be completely wrong!
    Dharma
    Dharma

Post by Dharma Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Dharma wrote:

with much love and light

Hello lovely

this is a lesson i have had to learn the way also i had a 20cm tumor on my oveary and 8cm tumor on my breast, i have now held good health for 6 and a half years may our future learning be easier. flower

i have to go collect my daughter but will later this evening like to talk more
    with much love and lightxxx
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by Colin Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 am

chi_solas wrote:
    Dharma wrote:

with much love and light

I am also sorry to hear about your dog, Dharma (and Bridget) but I feel that Reiki can still help to ease transition. What Reiki cannot do is prevent death - we all have to go when our time is up! Sad

I get the impression here that some people are saying we should not give Reiki to people with conditions caused by other life-forms e.g. viruses, bacteria, fungi, parasites and even abnormal proliferation of our own cells. Mikao Usui, Chujiro Hayashi and Hawayo Takata all recommended hand positions for conditions such as these - so presumably they were happy to give Reiki in these circumstances and didn't think it would provide the causative agent with more energy?
    Smile
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:01 am

Colin wrote:
    chi_solas wrote:
    Dharma wrote:

with much love and light

I am also sorry to hear about your dog, Dharma (and Bridget) but I feel that Reiki can still help to ease transition. What Reiki cannot do is prevent death - we all have to go when our time is up! Sad

I get the impression here that some people are saying we should not give Reiki to people with conditions caused by other life-forms e.g. viruses, bacteria, fungi, parasites and even abnormal proliferation of our own cells. Mikao Usui, Chujiro Hayashi and Hawayo Takata all recommended hand positions for conditions such as these - so presumably they were happy to give Reiki in these circumstances and didn't think it would provide the causative agent with more energy?
    Smile

What a powerful Reiki lesson I learned.
    I was so grateful that I stayed with him
    and did Reiki for as long as he needed it
    Reiki kept him calm until he breathed his
    last breath. Reiki/Hospice together Reiki can do no harm? 78411

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:37 pm