Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+2
chi_solas
thehungrycaterpillar
6 posters

Concerned about my 9yr old's first Reiki session.....& I am the recipient!

thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Concerned about my 9yr old's first Reiki session.....&  I am the recipient! - Page 2 Empty Re: Concerned about my 9yr old's first Reiki session.....& I am the recipient!

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 02, 2009 1:45 am

It brings up an interesting point. At what age should a child be initiated into Reiki. Certain protocols should be adhered to within Reiki, imo, this is easy for adults to do. If children are unable to grasp the validity or importance of protocals, should this have a bearing on whether a child should be initiated into something spiritual. Not saying this in association with your decision, it's just generally came up in my mind again.

I agree, this will be a good topic to discuss!

Yeah i understand your motivation, Smile. BTW, did you check out in the QT manual about what i said regarding accessing ULE, and the techniques that need to be done in order for the practitioner not to fall ill?

Actually I am eager to get to that. Sorry, I haven't yet.... :-(

It's toward the start, centering around 'resonance & entrainment'. Qigong is similar.

I hear qigong this, qigong that! Now I am very curious to know what Qigong is about!! How come a lot cool RMs are into martial arts and similar practices these days??? Smile atleast 48%, that I have come across seem to be involved in one of those! ( don't ask How I came up with that number pirat )

Just because we access ULE in those disciplines, does not mean we don't have to follow certain parameters. This is where Reiki differs, as in technique. Question is, why? hehe.

That's nice to know. I also want to know what those are and I need to be reminded and reading the QT will refresh it.
    Are you saying with Reiki you DON'T follow any parameters?

Reason why i picked up on the not using symbols thing you said, is cause it's widespread that Reiki folks at level 1 don't use symbols, or need them. Thing is, they do use symbols, and they do need them (they just don't need to know anything bout them). The symbols are active, in use, everytime you experience Reiki, or set it in motion for another. Why would we even initiate in level with them if they didn't? Some are also active, in use, at other times, aside from formal treatments/spiritual practices. The symbols are the reason why we can access our divinity.

Reiki 1 don't need to worry about knowing or learning or using symbols. The symbols work 'behind the scenes' and I am sure they are being used, again not with any kind of knowledge or acknowledgement from the practitioner him/herself but that's about it. Reiki 1 can facilitate healing without all that awareness.

Else, why would an exceptionally learned, spiritual man like Usui sensei not simply teach breathing techniques to access ULE? The breath has long been the primary vehicle to access ULE, and the most easiest.

Wow, Now that's very interesting!!!!!
    Breathing techniques are used to access ULE? really? How? where? what? bounce
    What did I miss? Os Is is the QT you are talking about??

However, Usui sensei, in his wisdom, picked 4 symbols, for specific reasons. Through his spiritual experience on Kurama Yama, he has indirectly empowered us all to access the purest, most excellant aspect of ourselves. Our divinity. And this is because of the symbols, snd what they do.

If Usui gave us the complete perfect package, then why are people adding to it??
    why different versions and branch - offs and more symbols??? I am not challenging, just wondering?

Let's say i wasn't initated into anything Reiki like. Let's say i had just done a QT workshop. Now, i can access ULE no probs, cause of the QT training. How does it automatically follow, that i can do some hand movements, pick some interested shapes & phrases, and empower others to do expereince what i can, but without using the breath, simply by placing hands instead? It doesn't follow, Smile.

Yeah , with QT, it is not passed down through attunements and each will have to learn to do it on their own.
    With Reiki you can 'attune' people and they can start ASAP.
    Hmmmm.... Suspect ...You got Me!! cyclops

My point being, having the ability to access ULE, which is relatively easy to access, is not the same as accessing our divinity and expereincing Reiki.

TRUE, I agree!

different training, different processes, and the consensus is different expereinces. Reiki usually being labelled much more spiritual, than say QT, or Qigong. I know it differs from my pranayama also. Smile. This is because of the symbols. And their spirituality. So, the symbols are vital to level 1, unless one wants to go up a mountian for 21 days, hehe.

Dude, That's very convincing...nice set of arguements! ..but I never fought you about symbols. I still strongly believe that Reiki 1 peeps can facilitate healing without a care in the world and that's all a little kid would need for a long time until he/she is ready to kick it up a notch.

THC
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Concerned about my 9yr old's first Reiki session.....&  I am the recipient! - Page 2 Empty Re: Concerned about my 9yr old's first Reiki session.....& I am the recipient!

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 02, 2009 2:01 am

I don't know if they still do that in their elementary school now that
    they are older they may sense the need to surpress this gift.

That's sad! Hopefully they won't have to!!

We had discussed writing a curriculum
    just for children but our scheduled never met that criteria.

GIVE ME A HUGE ((((((((HI- FIVE!!!!!))))))))

You go Girl!!
    I want every kid to be taught that there is something called REIKI and it is FREE, USE IT!!!!!!!
    If one school accepts it, then another will...

None of my grandchildren are attuned to the Reiki system. I'm sure
    when they are ready they will ask. When my granddaughter told me
    she did Reiki with her horse I gave her the hand positions for animals.
    I see a large Reiki community that don't believe in symbols and still thriving. I am curious, I don't know how it works, I accept them b'cos all our GOALS are still the same.
    I am so proud of her! flower
    Children have purer hearts and they are natural born healers!
    sunny
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 02, 2009 2:10 am

Dragonfly wrote:It's very sweet that your daughter would want to help you feel better. Her loving intention is what is producing the healing effect. I think it's wonderful!

It is quite possible she can easily share her own energy, as children usually have it in abundance. There are other forms of energy healing, like Pranic Healing, that children can easily learn for channeling ULE without needing to be formally initiated or learning symbols. One hand becomes the receiver for energy from outside, while the other hand directs it to the area needing treatment.

Hey Dana!

Thank you, I do feel grateful! It was very surprising for her & me , indeed. That a mere intention made her access healing energy , be it ULE or Reiki!

....have to check out what pranic healing is!
    She seems like she would actively want to use now that she knows she can access it.
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat May 02, 2009 4:02 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:

Yeah i understand your motivation, Smile. BTW, did you check out in the QT manual about what i said regarding accessing ULE, and the techniques that need to be done in order for the practitioner not to fall ill?

Actually I am eager to get to that. Sorry, I haven't yet.... :-(

I sent it to you via email on 19 April i think. It was a different email to your registered one i think.

Just because we access ULE in those disciplines, does not mean we don't have to follow certain parameters. This is where Reiki differs, as in technique. Question is, why? hehe.

That's nice to know. I also want to know what those are and I need to be reminded and reading the QT will refresh it.
    Are you saying with Reiki you DON'T follow any parameters?

Yeah, we do. The 'parameters' in Reiki are different, as it's something different being accessed.

Else, why would an exceptionally learned, spiritual man like Usui sensei not simply teach breathing techniques to access ULE? The breath has long been the primary vehicle to access ULE, and the most easiest.

Wow, Now that's very interesting!!!!!
    Breathing techniques are used to access ULE? really? How? where? what? bounce
    What did I miss? Os Is is the QT you are talking about??

Check the Quantum Touch manual. It's quite similar in ways to Qigong also. In Yoga, pranyama works the same way. Accessing ULE via breath.

If Usui gave us the complete perfect package, then why are people adding to it??
    why different versions and branch - offs and more symbols??? I am not challenging, just wondering?

It's a good question. Many beleive it to be 'evolution', and they're entitled to that view. Me, i'd accept that if one had the knowledge & expereince to make the changes within Usui Reiki. This is because so much has been misled at it's expense.

When i was teaching Yoga, if a person came to me to learn Yoga, i'd teach only Yoga. Not, T'ai Chi, for example. Irrespective if T'ai Chi is useful or not. This is what's happened with Reiki. Things have been misled, and we, right here & now, can't credibly make a judgement call on whether these things should have been left out.

different training, different processes, and the consensus is different expereinces. Reiki usually being labelled much more spiritual, than say QT, or Qigong. I know it differs from my pranayama also. Smile. This is because of the symbols. And their spirituality. So, the symbols are vital to level 1, unless one wants to go up a mountian for 21 days, hehe.

Dude, That's very convincing...nice set of arguements! ..but I never fought you about symbols. I still strongly believe that Reiki 1 peeps can facilitate healing without a care in the world and that's all a little kid would need for a long time until he/she is ready to kick it up a notch.

Yes, hehe, i know you never 'fought' me about the symbols. And of course, what we've been sharing wouldn't be easy for a kid to take in. What i was doing was responding to a generalization that was made about symbols, Smile. It's simply an additional viewpoint to consider with regard to Reiki in general.

Take care
    Wayne
    thehungrycaterpillar
    thehungrycaterpillar

Post by thehungrycaterpillar Sat May 02, 2009 5:07 am

Wayne,

I do have the QT!!
    I meant , I have not started reading yet...

I get a chunk of time tomorrow in the morning, I am hoping to get started....
    cheers
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat May 02, 2009 8:03 am

thehungrycaterpillar wrote:Wayne,

I do have the QT!!
    I meant , I have not started reading yet...

I get a chunk of time tomorrow in the morning, I am hoping to get started....
    cheers

Aw cool! hehe, i thought i'd sent it to someone else by accident, Laughing . As a kinda little pre-emptive feedback..

I read the first quarter of the manual, and had a local surgeon come with sinusitis, a few days later. She rated her pain on a scale 9 out of 10. After the QT it was down to 3. And a few hours later, it went completely.

I've found, for physical things, QT is most excellant. Still, although i have my moments learning other things, nothing quite beats a good old Reiki session, hehe.

Take care
    Wayne
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Sat May 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Milarepa wrote:

I know a guy trained in level 2 Reiki. He's quite a spiritual guy, very much into Shamanism as well. He had to stop treating clients as he was getting tired, and eventually became sick.

Wayne

I've been looking into the Shamanistic side of healing a lot recently, and Jim Pathfinder Ewing (who's also on Facebook by the way) mentioned this as part of the shamanism: he reckoned it didn't tend to occur with the Reiki alone but the shamanistic practices. (that's if I've understood him right!)
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat May 02, 2009 9:41 pm

We must invite him over here for a chat, Smile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:20 am