Reiki Learning Lounge

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Just for today..... Don't get angry.....Don't worry.....Be grateful.....Work hard.....Be kind to others

+3
Colin
Thaak
prdean111
7 posters

not sensitive to Reiki energy--what to do about it?

prdean111

not sensitive to Reiki energy--what to do about it? Empty not sensitive to Reiki energy--what to do about it?

Post by prdean111 Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:36 am

To all,
    After trying to be attuned to a "Colors of angels attunement" and getting no reaction at all to this, I've been told by my reiki mentor--a longtime mentor, that I'm not sensitive to Reiki energy and that I need to send Reiki energy to others to become sensitive to reiki energy. I'd like your opinion on this.
    Here's my background: I received Reiki 2 4 years ago in Tera Mei Seichem Reiki. I've SENT reiki energy to others prior to this experience and been told the energy was felt. And sometimes I sent Reiki energy to others and felt the reiki energy bouncing off my hands, though the recipient felt nothing at the time, even though consent was given to send reiki.
    So, my question again--what do I need to do to be able to be sensitive to Reiki self-healings (they don't work when I have sinus headhaches!) or even Reiki attunements, like the Colors of Angels attunements? What do I have to do to be sensitive to Reiki energy?
    Thanks for reading--and thanks in advance for your help!

Love and light,
    Pete from Mississippi
    Thaak
    Thaak

not sensitive to Reiki energy--what to do about it? Empty Re: not sensitive to Reiki energy--what to do about it?

Post by Thaak Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:37 am

I have two suggestions:

1) Practice, practice, practice. Its like any kind of physical exercise. If you are out of shape and haven't done cardio or a push-up on years, chances are you aren't going to suddenly go run a 7 minute mile (let alone 5 minutes) or do 81 push-ups in 2 minutes (US Army standards to get maximum points for those under 23.) You'll find that walking up more than 2 flights of stairs can leave you winded. If you spend a month walking up and down that 5 flights a couple times every day you are at work (or at home if in an apartment complex or something) then you'll find by the end that you won't be winded at all. If you start with 5 push ups a day, then move to 10 after a week, and keep increasing it, eventually, you'll be able to do that 81 in 2 minutes. Energy work is the same. The more you practice, the more sensitive you'll become.

Additionally, part of sensitivity has to do with your own blockages and imprints within your own energy system (chakras, tandens, energy lines, meridians, et. al.) If those aren't fully open or aren't fully cleansed, then you can have a lack of sensitivity until that cleansing or opening happens. Coincidentally (or not), practice can help this particular issue as well, because the more you "run" the energy, you get a healing as well.

2) Open that heart. In our society we have been trained to think, react, and live within our logical mind. To accept that which consensual reality tells us is true. We can feel the effects of gravity (even if we don't fully understand it--it makes things fall when dropped.) We know that heat can burn (even if we don't fully understand the exchange of energy--it hurts when you touch a hot stove.) But to fully experience the world, you gotta open the heart. Start seeing through a different set of eyes. Eyes that don't judge, don't harbor attachments to particular outcomes, and best of all, eyes that love. If we can open our hearts, and live within that beauty, the sensitivity you seek will just be a matter of that new perception. Of course, refer back to point one above, because only practice can open and keep open that heart of yours.
    Colin
    Colin
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

not sensitive to Reiki energy--what to do about it? Empty Re: not sensitive to Reiki energy--what to do about it?

Post by Colin Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:31 am

Nice post, Andy! Very Happy

And, Pete, there is no requirement to be sensitive to the Reiki energy - I know several Reiki practitioners who can give a wonderful Reiki treatment but who can't feel any sensations of energy themselves.

But, as Andy says, it is through practice and more practice that most Reiki practitioners can become more sensitive to the energy - but try not to become attached to sensations or lack of sensations.

Even when detecting byosen (areas of energetic imbalance) some practitioners experience a mental image or just a sense of "knowing" rather than the more common sensations of heat or tingling etc. We all perceive the effects of the energy in our own way. Very Happy

Ai to Hikari
    Colin
    prdean111

Post by prdean111 Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:09 am

Andy and Colin,
    Thank you for your help and advice!
    I've made arrangements with a reiki mentor to get a blockage cleared, as I've had it done in the past and I suspect it needs to be done again--perhaps I'm wrong.
    and yes, I will definitely continue practicing!
    Have a great weekend,
    Pete
    chi_solas
    chi_solas
    Admin/Forum Promoter
    Admin/Forum Promoter

Post by chi_solas Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:46 am

When I'm facilitating a Reiki session
    I find that I along with my client am
    receiving Reiki energy. I feel rejuvinated
    and like Andy said practice,practice. I
    find doing Reiki on myself, my pets, flowers,
    veggies in my garden & sometimes my computer
    helps me use ULFE within my daily routine. sunny
    Milarepa
    Milarepa
    Forum Founder
    Forum Founder

Post by Milarepa Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:37 pm

All good advice so far. Just a quick addition. Seishin Toitsu, or Hatsurei ho, if one is into that kinda thing, will perhaps help. what Andy said is primary, as is Colin. Practice, and sensitivity is not neccessarily required. If it's a therapeutic issue, as in lack of Hibiki in Byosen, perhaps surrendering to Reiji ho would suffice?

Take care
    wayne
    Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Dragonfly Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:27 pm

Andy's suggestions are great.

I practice Reiki quite a bit - I have a part-time business with regular clients, and I try to do Reiki on myself almost every day. That said, I rarely feel Reiki flowing through me when I work on myself but I usually feel or sense it in some form when working on others. It might be more of an impression (a "knowing") or seeing colors or light shapes, rather than sensation in my hands or other parts of the body. Over time, I've learned to trust in the process, rather than in what I am experiencing. Much of the reason I've learned to trust it is because of the feedback I receive from so many of my clients who report experiencing and feeling things I don't necessarily experience or feel at all or the same way.

I do agree that if our own energy is blocked, it can affect our perception of Reiki flowing through us too.
    Pandora
    Pandora
    Forum Promoter
    Forum Promoter

Post by Pandora Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:49 am

I agree with what's been said up to now. I've probably said this here before, but often when I'm not feeling anything is the time when my client is feeling lots of things! My RM didn't feel anything either and it didn't affect any of the treatments or the attunements.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:04 am